2001 4th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://tomdouglas.com/index.php?page=dahlia-lounge
- Phone: (206) 682-4142
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Brunch Saturday and Sunday: 9am - 2:00pm, Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00 - 9:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Northwest
- Executive Chef: Brock Johnson
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room can seat anywhere from 10-50 people. Please contact the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Contact: Mimi Khin 8887394990
- Special Events: The Dahlia hosts a number of events throughout the year including wine dinners, and other tasty, informative gatherings. Please check our website for a full listing of events at the Dahlia and our other restaurants. www.tomdouglas.com
A word from Dahlia Lounge
The finest Northwest cuisine with bold, adventurous preparations. Let Chef Brock Johnson and his talented kitchen crew bring their unique flavors to your table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNorthwest
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Dahlia Lounge - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Dahlia Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
313 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (231)special occasion (182)romantic (114)neighborhood gem (98)good for groups (58)hot spot (54)great for lunch (53)notable wine list (49)great for brunch (47)late-night find (19)vibrant bar scene (17)kid-friendly (7)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Great service, mostly great foodnettybDined on 10/22/2014My husband loved every bite if the food he ordered. Me, not so much. I ordered the curried cauliflower for an appetizer and that was one of the best things I have ever eaten. The contrast between the spicy hot cauliflower cooked to perfection with the tart cranberries and the cooling yogurt sauce was amazing. So good. For my entree I ordered the beer brined pork chop with roasted Brussels sprouts and pretzel bread pudding. The pork had good flavor but was very dry. With the Brussels sprouts I also had two lumps of what appeared to coal on my plate. As it turned out they were candied pecans that had become one big mass. Inedible. The service was great and I would go to this restaurant again, but I would not order the pork chop.Special Features:
- Good main coursesergeshDined on 10/22/2014Like many others we went for restaurant week with a price fix menu. The pork chop was very good, it literally melted in mouth. The salmon was outstanding, juicy and not overdone even a bit. The cauliflower appetizer was very spicy, so I hardly felt any other taste in it. The cheese plate appetizer was great and did not disappoint. The desserts... We had the deconstructed candy bar and a pumpkin muffin... The muffin was nice, but the bar was just sweet. The chocolate part was tasty. Wine paring was nice though my husband said he would prefer dry red wine with the pork and not an ale.Special Features:
- Wonderful againEastisdersDined on 10/21/2014This was our second visit to the Dahlia Lounge and it was as memorable as the first. We started with the sea bar sampler appetizer. All five "bites" were delicious but the octopus and the tuna were special The octopus was cooked perfectly - not at all tough. The raw tuna was very fresh. My husband wanted an octopus entrée though there was none on the menu. The waiter and chef went out of their way to accommodate him and he had a lovely "octopus greque" entrée. I had coho salmon, also perfectly prepared and fresh. The side dishes perfectly complemented the entrees. Special thanks to our waiter who treated us so well. We are from Spokane, so don't get to Seattle restaurants often. We can't resist returning to the Dahlia Lounge.Special Features:
- Tasty and Great Service!MosieSaysVIPDined on 10/21/2014We had excellent service and were seated at a quiet location, as per our reservation request. Food was tasty, well presented and came to the able at the right temperature and at good time intervals. Recommend!
- fantastic service/exceptional foodconstantquantumDined on 10/20/2014Best eating downtown, in the thick of things. The cocktails are divine. Try the transportation themed ones at the top of their list. The atmosphere is easygoing-elegant, and the restaurant is spacious. As for the food, we went during restaurant week. The special three course menu was well designed, with fish, meat, and vegetarian offerings, each dish thoughtfully prepared. The curried cauliflower appetizer provided a tasty hint of what was to come, followed by brined pork chops and bacon fat apple with the sweetest, perfectly seared brussel sprouts ever, and a heavenly coconut cream pie as light as air.Special Features:
- SRW reviewtokyoslimVIPDined on 10/19/2014They seemed to be busy, so service was a little slower than in previous visits. Food was very good as usual.Special Features:
- Deconstructed candy bar--what!?!?DineOhmightVIPDined on 10/19/2014We went for restaurant week with a price fix menu. The pork chop was outstanding. The salmon was very good but only if your fork had a bit of all the bits of the plate. The salmon on its own was just a wee bit bland. The cauliflower appetizer was spicy and delicious. The cheese plate appetizer was also great and did not disappoint. The desserts! We had the coconut pie that this restaurant is known for but I must say that the deconstructed candy bar was by far the big winner of the evening. Decadent almost to the point of indecency! Yum. My wife had the wine pairings and I had the violet cocktail. Both lovely.Special Features:
- Wonderful Evening at Dahlia LoungeltwteaterDined on 10/19/2014The Dahlia Lounge was the perfect place to celebrate a "big" birthday with my husband. Unexpectedly, we happened into Seattle Restaurant Week and took advantage of the special menu - and special prices! Our table was quiet enough that we could carry on a real conversation. Our waitress was friendly and made excellent wine and food recommendations. I had the cornmeal griddle cakes with green chili sauce and delicata squash - a richly flavored treat. My husband had the coho salmon - also delicious. My herring starter and the coconut cream pie dessert bookended a memorable meal. We will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food did not disappointCLIEDined on 10/19/2014Everyone loved each and every morsel. Each of our party of seven were official members of the clean plate club. We'd highly recommend the Dahlia Lounge and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great brunch, great timechillywillyDined on 10/19/2014While visiting the Seattle area, Dahlia Lounge was recommended to my bf and I. We agreed the grilled cheese and TOMATO! soup were delicious. The duck hash was lovely on my taste buds as it was over a sriracha/aoili type sauce. Two thumbs up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kat's reviewKatCharlotteDined on 10/18/2014The food was awesome and the service outstanding. Wine list left much to be desired. The Montrachet we had at $105 was definitely not worth the price. Our first choice Chardonnay was not available. Very disappointed in the wine and available selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food my wife ever ateOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/16/2014We had the best meal last week, so much so we went back last night. The meals are well thought out and served perfectly. Don't miss Dahlia!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dahlia LoungedazzleDined on 10/15/2014Fun atmosphere and great northwest cuisine - we love Dahlia Lounge.Special Features:
- Icelandic guest chiefdenny505Dined on 10/12/2014Our specially themed Taste of Iceland dinner was outstanding. Thank you to Tom and staff for hosting the special meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- junolouieDined on 10/12/2014late breakfast during a Seattle weekend. Just a short walk on a beautiful morning from our hotel, the food and service were what we have come to expect from the Dahlia...fantastic! I try to order things I would not make at home and the duck hash fit the bill this time. It was flavorful and satisfying and our server was professional and friendly, overall a great experience and a perfect start to a good day in the city.Special Features:
- Suzsuz2retire2IdahoDined on 10/11/2014I believe this was our 4th visit to the Dahlia Lounge and was very enjoyable. The service was outstanding (very attentive but not over zealous), and the food was delicious in how it was presented and how it looked and tasted. We are moving out of the area but plan to visit the Dahlia Lounge again on one of our return trips. My husband says: the best steak ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AccommodatingunnamedDined on 10/10/2014My wife got to the restaurant 20 minutes early on a very full evening (taste of Iceland, where each bite was a sensation), and they still found a table right away for her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recognition and AmbianceSandFDined on 10/9/2014I mentioned this was a Wedding Anniversary dinner and we were treated to a desert. The waitress was attentive and waited until desert to congratulate us. I like the discretion shown. Music delightfully low which allowed us to hear each other and enjoy the sound of people in happy conversation. We are both good cooks and we found the food to be carefully thought out and presented beautifully. Crab cakes were light and full of flavor. The yam agnolotti pasta appetizer was a nice savory surprise and the pork chop remarkable with a bread stuffing pressed into a circular disc of dense flavor. Apple relish accented the pork beautifully. It was my beloved wife's first visit to Dahlia Lounge. We will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Icelandic TreatRalphalphaDined on 10/9/2014We were there for the Taste of Iceland, with chef Victor Andresson's incredible preparations of Icelandic food, much of which was flown in from the mother country. The evening was a wonderful gastronomical experience, complemented by impeccable service. The ambiance would rate 5 stars, except we sat at a table in the back, and I had only a red wall to look at.Special Features:
- NYC visitorChosenoneDined on 10/7/2014I was given the task to find a great place to eat for a business associate from NYC (daunting task). I gave her a list of 5 places in the Downtown Seattle core, and after looking at the menus of all of them, we eliminated 3. We discussed the attributes of the 2 remaining, and along with the fact that Tom Douglas owns several different restaurants in the area, has a great radio show on KIRO, there was also the draw of the Coconut Creme Pie that helped take Dahlia Lounge to number 1. We sat in the bar initially where I enjoyed a drink with the name Violet in the title and it was HEAVEN. Server was good, pork loin chop and duck was fantastic, and the Coconut Creme pie we split was to die for. My associate proclaimed it a great find.Special Features:
- OutstandingTasmanDined on 10/5/2014Dahlia Lounge is our favorite restaurant - consistenty superb food and good service.Special Features:
- FavoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Dahlia's been our favorite for many years. Always a delicious and delightful experience. Pleased to brag it up and grateful for the privilege.Special Features:
- First timersMyriahbDined on 10/4/2014First time at the Dahlia Lounge and it did not disappoint. Easy to find up the street from the shopping center. Beautiful interior and excellent food! Excellent wait staffSpecial Features:
- Crab cakes and pairingderek1717Dined on 9/29/2014You guys did a fantastic job with the crab cake main for dinner and the waitress paired it well.....Thanks guys!Special Features:
- Dahlia Lounge is wonderful!DahliaDined on 9/29/2014We had a great dinner recently for our anniversary, and the food and wine were outstanding. Loved and appreciated the complimentary dessert!Special Features:
- fantastic!TheatergoerDined on 9/27/2014Visiting Seattle and found them by chance. Was able to get a last minute reservation and was seated close to time. The server was the best we've ever had - knowledgeable, friendly and attentive. The food was great for every bite - recommend the seafood sampler if you want to be adventurous.Special Features:
- Let down for 1st time!CaymanPirateDined on 9/27/2014I have spent many a glorious gastronomic evening enjoying the impeccably presented foods with outstanding tastes at the Dahlia Lounge. However this time, for the first time, the food was found to be lacking. The duck (I have had this several wonderful times) was overcooked and dry. The fish was under seasoned, as were even the salads. Two out of the four dinner experiences were actually NOT the destined "WOW!" that has always been present, time after time after time. I will go back, because I have faith this was a "one off" evening. Chef Douglas... please regroup and do not let the magnificent DL begin a downward slide!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stellar ExperienceSeagal98198Dined on 9/26/2014Rich was outstanding!!! He expertly guided us through cocktails, appetizers, main courses and desserts. The food was memorable and so was the service. The steak, shrimp and salmon were perfectly prepared. The donuts were a delicious ending to a flawless meal. We look foward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dahlia Lounge - Service ExcellenceMaudezDined on 9/25/2014Dahlia Lounge service staff are friendly, low key and set the standards for service in Seattle. The Tom Douglas group of restaurants have a distinctive place in the Seattle area and the Dahlia Lounge is the centrepiece. Thanks Dahlia Lounge for a wonderful lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never fails...ILoveBaroloVIPDined on 9/24/2014This place is always yummy, a modest length menu suggesting the food is fresh, and an excellent kitchen. You can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save room for doughnuts!sonya211Dined on 9/21/2014The interior of Dahlia Lounge is bright and beautiful. Prices are reasonable. I found the leafy greens pretty boring, basically it was just lettuce. I tried my husband's gnocchi appetizer and I thought, while the sauce was delicious, the gnocchi seemed tough. The crab cakes were full of crab meat and very tasty. I did not care for the mac salad that accompanied the dish. Highlight of the meal... the doughnuts, served warm, shaken in a paper bag with sugar, and served with mascarpone cheese and jam.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best DesertParkCityLocalVIPDined on 9/21/2014Order the signature coconut cake...the best part of the evening!!
- I expected more...ShanYoVIPDined on 9/21/2014The menu we saw online looked incredible and we were very excited! However when we arrived the menu was vastly different and not at all impressive. Service was good and the food we ordered was ok...Would probably try it again if I lived in the city but for a vacation special occasion it fell flat.Special Features:
- Tom Douglas is a masteroldschoolfoodieDined on 9/21/2014Of a great restaurant experience. The staff is friendly and professional, the food is always interesting, well prepared and delicious, the noise level is lively and you can still have a conversation without shouting. When you eat at a Tom Douglas restaurant, you feel like you're part of a cool, current and modern dining experience without being uber hip and annoying :-) Thank you, Tom and Tom's amazing staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Duck HashNew2seattleDined on 9/21/2014Everything was great! The Waitress was kind enough to make adjustments to our orderSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunch!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/21/2014Dahlia has a short but powerful menu for brunch, and the food excelled, as did the bloody mary! Don't skip the doughnuts to start, and then be prepared for excellent savory food.Special Features:
- Another Great Meal at Dahliaronin4kVIPDined on 9/21/2014This is our 4th time at Dahlia Lounge. As always, the food and service were great. We enjoy the ambience which is warm and inviting. The wait staff are extremely personable and attentive. The food is wonderful. We have been there for brunch and dinner and the quality of the food is terrific. One of the best Bloody Mary's in town also. I would highly recommend this Tom Douglas Restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcitingCyndyBDined on 9/20/2014From the moment we walked in, we could tell it would be special. A hip staff, warm-lit & lively atmosphere, and comfy seating (lots of booths & banquettes) added up wonderful. Oh yeah, the food! First, a very nice wine list and interesting cocktails (try the Sands of Oaxaca or Sparkling Violet Drop) created anticipation. Starters & entrees--all made with local ingredients--included unusual flavor and texture combinations. We said "I've never thought of merging these tastes," but they were exactly right. If you've 'been there, done that' with most menus, you won't be bored here!Special Features:
- Delightful Dahlia BrunchBikeBruncherDined on 9/20/2014The Dahlia Lounge continues to deliver outstanding food, service and value, so that explains why it's been around for more than twenty years. We enjoyed a business brunch that was outstanding - a nice variety within a focused menu resulted in a little something for everybody. Shrimp Cobb salad, omelette with unforgettable smashed potato hashbrowns, Tibetan-style dumplings and Prosser Farm to table veggies. The house made sorbet and coconut cream with espresso finished the meal. Service was excellent and discreet, enabling our group to conduct biz while enjoying an excellent meal in a charming dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/19/2014Dahlia Lounge is my go to spot. Great NW food and nice ambience. Plenty of room in between tables for private conversation. Loved my crab cake creation. Can't leave without the triple coconut pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.