D'Agnese's at White Pond
566 White Pond Drive
Akron, OH 44320Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
D'Agnese's at White Pond
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dagneseswhitepond.com/
- Phone: (234) 678-3612
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday: 11:00am - 8:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Joe Gallagher
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Cocktails, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Let D'Agnese's at White Pond Catering make the difference for your next gathering, large or small. Our food is always freshly prepared and distinctively presented. Our service is efficient and easy to arrange.
- Private Party Facilities: D'Agnese's at White Pond is well known for our ability to host private events from your corporate luncheon to bridal showers and rehearsal dinners. Please contact Brian for further details and we will work with you to ensure your event is one that is memorable.
- Private Party Contact: Brian Hedges 2346783612
- Entertainment: D'Agnese's lounge provides live music throughout the week, along with Happy Hour from 3pm and 7pm, (Monday through Friday), retail wine night every Monday and Tuesday, and Ladies Night Out every Thursday featuring live entertainment, half price dinner appetizers and reduced price beverages all night long!
- Special Events: Monthly Wine and Beer dinners hosted onsite, please see our website for the latest details.
A word from D'Agnese's at White Pond
D'Agnese's at White Pond Akron, one of Akron’s favorite dinning destination, is located directly off the exit of I-77 and White Pond Dr. Featuring delicious Italian and American cuisine, served to you by a friendly efficient staff, within a warm and cozy atmosphere, D'Agnese's offers a truly eloquent dining experience you can enjoy inside within their casual lounge area or intimate dining room; or outside on the patio. Open daily for lunch and dinner, you can choose from a variety of incredible menu selections such as D'Agnese's veal and chicken entrees, pan seared salmon, seafood, mouth-watering pizzas and pasta dishes. At D'Agnese's, you will always find something to enjoy; and they even offer a unique "Family Style" Spaghetti Dinner Sunday's from 11am to 8pm. Regardless of what you order, you are guaranteed a fresh, tasty meal made with the finest ingredients and prepared in house daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
D'Agnese's at White Pond - Best Restaurants in Akron ›
D'Agnese's at White Pond reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (40)special occasion (30)good for groups (22)fit for foodies (21)great for lunch (20)romantic (16)great for outdoor dining (11)vibrant bar scene (10)notable wine list (10)great for brunch (6)hot spot (6)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Nice place for a family dinnerCarolDined on 11/16/2014D'Agneses is a perfect spot for our family coming from different parts of Akron/Medina. The food is consistently good. It's one of the few places left to get veal. Our waitress was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceBreezyDined on 11/14/2014At first glance, this place is nice and romantic but quite noisy. Our waitress wasn't tentative in any way. If you have to ask for a soft drink to be filled, then something is wrong. The food presentation was displayed well, but the taste was a different story. My girlfriend had a mussel and pasta dish, which I would recommend. On the other hand, my dish was average. I had the baked ravioli with meat sauce which I wouldn't reccommend to anyone. After we ate our food, still hungry we wanted something more. We asked to see a dessert menu, which ten minutes to bring. We ended up ordering dessert which took a half hour to bring to the table and it was just ok.Special Features:
- Good place for conversationNancyMDined on 11/7/2014We find the food here great, but if we want to go out with a couple and stay local and would like to actually hear one another as we converse, this is a great option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable DiningDineoutdivaDined on 10/28/2014D'Agnese's has good food, nice atmosphere, usually good service. Small groups can be well accommodated. Wedding Soup is excellent, salads are fresh, good variety of pastas. Desserts were great, too.Special Features:
- What else could you ask for?EattyGourmetDined on 10/23/2014Celebrated our 32nd wedding anniversary here. Had a hankerin' for some Italian food and boy did we enjoy it. Formerly known as the Bistro at the area known as Hammonds Corners( Bath Twp.) Now at White Pond Dr. in Fairlawn/Akron in a pleasantly appointed and comfortable( and larger) location. Outstanding seasonal butternut squash soup, not to mention the wedding soup too. Both of our entrees, chicken parm and veal parm were spot on in flavor and preparation. The veal is the thinly sliced version and lightly breaded, the way I like it. (Hate it with bone in). Some of the best I've had. The chicken was moist and tasted like chicken. Remember what real chicken tastes like? Get the side of linguine with both the olive oil/garlic & marinara. mmmmSpecial Features:
- RichfielderVIPDined on 10/23/2014Lunch service was excellent and the food was great, although the menu was not as complete as it is at dinner. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Always ReliableMikeVIPDined on 10/17/2014Can't beat the quality of the food, the location, and the service. Always a good destination if you want to be comfortable and well fed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful service and great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014Birthday celebration was perfectly lead by our waiter who knew what we wanted before we did and served it up with a smile. Was he not Filipino? A properly trained server he was. The pizza had the marks of a smokey pizza oven. The chicken Saltimbocco was huge and delicious. I wonder if there was any olive oil in the balsamic dipping sauce for the bread? This restaurant never disappoints. It always pleases. We left happy!Special Features:
- Great meal with friendspa13VIPDined on 10/11/2014had friends in from out of town, and we had a great group meal hereSpecial Features:
- Saturday night at D'AgnesePastaloverDined on 10/11/2014Phoned in reservation 3 days before only to be offered the dreaded table at the door. Waited 30 minutes to get the table we wanted. Food great as always. Service excellent. This place is hot and needs to find a bigger home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not crowded and mediocre servicejrocktelDined on 10/8/2014Server wasn't vey helpful. Menus - along with printed copy (1) of the dinner specials - simply tossed into the middle of the table of our group of 4. I would expect the server to review the daily specials. None of the wines on the menu listed their country of origin - nor did the waiter have a clue (but he did offer to find out for us). Expectations that with a list of unfamiliar wines, at least choosing varietals from specific countries/regions would make for a better selection - but not possible without great effort here.
- Did not disappointFrequentFeederVIPDined on 10/6/2014We have dined here before. Still upholds the expectations the staff has created.Special Features:
- ShammerDined on 10/5/2014Nice atmosphere and very good food. My wife and I had a very nice experience.
- luvsgreatfoodVIPDined on 9/27/2014I've been a fan of D'Agnese's for a long time and this was the first time I've been to the White Pond location. Had a fabulous dinner at a very reasonable price. I will visit again in the future.Special Features:
- Always a hitBethDined on 9/27/2014Recently had lunch here with a group of friends. As always, the service was exceptional. The food - including dessert - had everyone tasting samples from each other's plates. Yummy!Special Features:
- full stars!NickiZipDined on 9/26/2014My husband and I went for our first date and just loved it so we went back for a special occasion. The food was wonderful and we were not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Re: ServiceDekanDined on 9/24/2014I love D'Agnese's....however, this visit was less than anything I've ever experienced there. When the waitress served the white wine while we were waiting for others in our party....she proceeded to spill an entire glass of white wine into my lap. She apologized profusely...."never have done that", but did not offer to pay cleaning bill or any thing else. While I certainly know, accidents happen, I did not enjoy sitting in wet slacks and underwear the rest of the evening. It will not stop me from patronizing this restaurant, it was not what I would expect from a "seasoned" waitress which she professed to be....spills happen, but compensation should be forthcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servive needs improvementRogerDined on 9/21/2014The server was very inexperienced and continued to have problems remembering orders but once the food arrived it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatlunchforallDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant was outstanding and we enjoyed the entire luncheon. We arrived at 11:30 and never left until 4 PM it was that gOOD. We definitely will go back. The waiter was great and the food could not have been batter. The party that took us there goes frequently. We LOVED it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outHorsegirlDined on 9/19/2014Staff could not have been friendlier. Food was very good and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably greatFrequentFeederVIPDined on 9/19/20145th visit here. In addition to the regular menu there are specials. My companion got the salmon, pronounced it "lovely", I had chicken scarparella, very nicely done. Son, who is a trained and experienced chef, got seafood pasta, thoroughly enjoyed. Wine was One Hope merlot...would have preferred a cab, but the restaurant was out. A portion of the wine profit goes to a "cause": autism in this case. Food came out hot, which is something the staff touts. My side of capellini with marinara turned out to be linguini. Server corrected it immediatey. A keeper for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServicedwinOHDined on 9/17/2014Food and service were very good. Portions were generous; enough to take home for lunch the next day.
- Great Dinner!food4lifeDined on 9/13/2014We had a wonderful dinner and both ordered the tuna. Mine was the special and my husband's was the one on the main menu. We shared and both were outstanding. The tuna was done perfectly. Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Absolutely amazing food and service!! Best restaurant I've been to in a long time. I highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite placesBella2014Dined on 8/28/2014We can always count on a great meal and good service. It is a treat for us to go. We would not hesitate to recommend or take someone there, but love to reserve it for a special dateSpecial Features:
- LunchgirlDined on 8/23/2014Love the food! Excellent service! We were there for a special celebration lunch and our waiter Brian made it memorable.Special Features:
- Ssoooooo yummy!!!AbbeyDined on 8/21/2014Service is on spot! I had a delightful chicken wrap and my husband had chicken piccata. Both are so delicious! Perfectly cooked and seasoned so nicely. You don't want to stop eating! We will return many times with these outstanding features continuing every time with have chosen this establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for relaxing talkOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014I reunited with friend I havent seen for 15 years because this restaurant was centerally located. I picked off of reviews and web page. I was very pleasantly surprised. The food was awesome and a great selection. The server was great. We sat for almost 2.5 hours to talk. Never felt rushed or hurried. My only complaint was I reserved a month in advance and my table was right at door opening. Other than that it was fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing dinnerscooterskaterDined on 8/15/2014We had eaten at D'Agnese's at White Pond approximately 10 times previously, and generally had a positive experience. I had noticed the last 2 times that the service was not quite what it had been. Our experience this time was definitely not what we were expecting. It took us 45 minutes to get our drinks and order our dinner. The waiter was very abrupt and appeared to prefer not to answer our questions. My dinner was ok, as was 1 other dinner--both being pizzas. The other two, shrimp specials, were tasteless and bland. It was a very disappointing experience. The restaurant was extremely noisy and we could hardly hear each other.
- Nice patio, great service and HHSeasidePatioDined on 8/15/2014Patio is very pleasant. Not a lot to look at since it's a plaza but the restaurant has a nice ambience overall. Waiter was friendly and very attentive to filling our drinks without being intrusive. We just had appetizers. Margarita pizza was light but nothing extraordinary. Risotto balls over marinara were good. The tall drinks were served in the thin glass... Which isn't really any more liquid. On a summer day, I'd prefer a bigger glass so I don't need to continually reorder a refill. Overall a nice place and we will return. The dinner menu has many things I would like to try.Special Features:
- Great local spotkilnoDined on 8/10/2014Food and service are always good here. A local spot away from the mall but near the expressway with a nice patio. If only the pond were in view! Pleasant interior. All the meat dishes are good, but the eggplant parmesan is the best I've had.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceBusterbDined on 8/10/2014Our food was excellent. We ordered the family style special. We got to sample three dishes ( all very good) and there was still some left to take home. Service was attentive but not hovering. We would return and will recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJakeDined on 8/9/2014We had an outstanding experience. They called to check on the reservation. We were seated immediately. The waitress was outstanding and the food excellent. It was a great evening with friends while visiting Akron.Special Features:
- OraoDined on 8/8/2014Sat on patio. Very good soup and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Decent Akron restaurantFoxmandsDined on 8/2/2014We are rather picky when it comes to food, and we have found that our favorite restaurant is our own kitchen. There aren't many restaurants in the area that are "must visits" for us. In the past, we had frequented the Bistro several times and were sad when it closed. We thought we'd give D'Agnese's a try, and we were pleasantly surprised. Nice atmosphere, outdoor dining (although the noise from the expressway would be a spoiler), service was outstanding, food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitressKevinDined on 8/1/2014I think (hope) our waitress was new. First we didn't have set ups, then she got the drink order wrong and she failed to bring us ice after asking a few times. I had to ask the hostess for the set ups when we had food before we had utensils. My husband ordered a Manhattan and got watered down Tito's vodka (he had asked for that particular brand and I think she got that instead--ice must have melted before she picked it up from the bar). We go to this restaurant often and this is the first time we have had such poor service.Special Features:
- Quiet Setting GemMikeVIPDined on 8/1/2014Everything is very good including easy to get to, easy to park, quiet location and great food.Special Features:
- Great food, poor serviceTBRICKVIPDined on 7/26/2014D'Agnese's is a fantastic place to go for an upper scale meal with many options for great food and drink. We have been there many times and always had a great meal with great service. Unfortunately, this night was an exception on service. Our waiter was inatentive almost to the point of avoiding us. When he did come to the table, he kept saying the kitchen was out of bread and he would bring the next fresh batch. We saw other tables in our section being brought it, but ours arrived an hour after we sat down, with our meal. The waiter came to our section multiple times but never even looked our way. Needless to say, we were very disappointed. the food, when it did arrive, was fantastic as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Afternoon, Highly RecommendedWtrWngsDined on 7/26/2014Actually been coming here for quite some time. Love this place. The food is always fresh and simple, it doesn't take a million ingredients, herbs and spices to make a great dish. The Salmon Scapriccata is my favorite and although this item is only on the dinner menu, they have always been happy to make this dish for me at lunch. On a side note, if you want bread definitely ask for it as soon as your seated, for some reason I almost always receive my soup or salad before they are able to get bread from the kitchen, how long could bread possibly take? Oh, and ask for Brian as your server, he's the best, it's obvious he's developed sincere relationships with the clientele, definitely a great asset to D'Agnese's! Will be back next week.Special Features:
- Great food, service intrusiveFrequentFeederVIPDined on 7/25/2014We have dined here several times. The food has always come out fresh and hot. At times service can be a bit rushed, as it was this time. Moreover, our server never said "excuse me", or otherwise acknowledged that she was leaning all the way across the table in front of us to place food. All of a sudden, there she was. We were not in a booth either so access to other diners at the table would not have been a problem. VERY disconcerting and intrusive. Maybe this was an isolated occurrence, so we shall see if it happens again the next time we go back. And we do plan to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 221 reviews are from the D'Agnese's at White Pond reviews archive.