4401 Long Beach Blvd
Brant Beach, NJ 08008Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.daddyohotellbi.com/
- Phone: 6094941300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 am - 5:00pm;
Off Season: Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Summer Season: Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Al Vanesko
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On or off site catering options available.
- Private Party Facilities: Spaces available for up to 44 and up to 100. Outside dining area seats up to 45.
- Private Party Contact: Pete Palladino 6094941300x
- Entertainment: At daddy O we do live entertainment 5 days a week during the summer season 6-10pm.
A word from Daddy O
Daddy O, a 22-room boutique hotel and restaurant, is one of the many establishments in a partnership group headed by the highly respected Martin Grims. With Four Diamond AAA ratings and many "best of" honors, the partnership takes great pride in bringing inspired experiences with adventuresome food and outstanding service to their guests. Besides Daddy O, they own and operate: The Moshulu Restaurant/Ship in Philadelphia, The Plantation Restaurant in Long Beach Island, NJ, White Dog Café in Philadelphia and Wayne, PA and du jour café and market, currently in Haverford Square on the Philadelphia Main Line and expanding to more locations, including Center City Philadelphia's new Symphony House. Daddy O serves only the freshest food, most of which is sourced from sustainable methods. This is definitely an elevated culinary experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Daddy O - Best Restaurants in Brant Beach ›
Daddy O reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (31)special occasion (30)romantic (26)fit for foodies (25)good for groups (24)neighborhood gem (14)hot spot (14)great for outdoor dining (11)notable wine list (11)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)scenic view (5)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Perfect date nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Perfect place out of the norm with great beer selection year after year if WIDAS had to go at least an appropriately a place a couple clicks past normal took its placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014I have been to Daddy O many times , always go when I am on LBI .. On this occasion we were celebrating 2 birthday from last week , I told the server we are 2 birthdays tonight see said great thanks for choosing us , service was a little slow not real busy at our seating time . Food came out good as usual .. Ordered dessert warm brownies werent real warm , as I said 2 birthdays I would of thought desserts would of had candles for the people celebrating and spending over $400 for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our servermichaelDined on 8/9/2014danille, was great she was the best waitperson we have had in yearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Menu!Gogs376Dined on 8/9/2014Perfect size menu with nice variety. Well done. Very accommodating with our large family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014We go to LBI every summer and Daddy O's is still the best. Great atmosphere whether your dining in, out or on rooftop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great roof top barNJCathyDined on 8/8/2014Had drinks on the roof prior to dinner - nice view. Dinner was very good and service excellent.Special Features:
- pleasantly surprised!DiscoDollDined on 8/4/2014After coming yo Beach Haven for years, we finally tried Daddy O's and loved it. I forgot my reader glasses and the hostess had a pair for me to borrow. I was impressed. Our server was adorable and very attentive. The food was delicious from start to finish. Lastly....I had a special request on his u like my Margarita and the bartender made it exactly his I like it...no pre mix. Have to try this Resturant. I am definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daddy not spending$ there againScottDined on 7/31/2014Horrible service. Staff did not even clear appetizer dishes when asked. We had to move them to another table ourselves. Someone's bday in our party. When privately told the waiter to bring a dessert out for bday they forgot? Yellowfin tuna was horrible. Ran out of bread ! Bad experience
- AWESOME!TableBoyDined on 7/26/2014The Service was OUTSTANDING. Our waitress recommended the perfect drinks and dinner selection. The Dean Martin Martini we perfect! Again the service from the hostess, waitress really made for a pleasant evening. The atmosphere was perfect for our group and our table intimate for conversation. Obviously this could be the best restaurant on LBI. We went to 2 other restaurants and they were not even close to being as highly rated. We finished the night off at their roof top bar which also was perfect the staff, the drinks and the atmosphere were all great!Special Features:
- Worst Ceasar Salad EverbeachgirlsDined on 7/26/2014Although the food over all was good, the ceaser was by far the worst I've ever had. The kale had an opportunity to give a fresh spin on flavor but unfortunately the dirty, musty taste ruined it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/25/2014Dined here this past Friday while also staying at the hotel. We both had the filet oscar. It was cooked to perfection and terrific. The potato on the side was outstanding and the GF said it was the best bernaise she has ever had. Prices were fairly reasonable.Special Features:
- Great dining and evening outchrissyDined on 7/23/2014The whole experience was wonderful. The décor was well designed and very pleasing. The food was GREAT. Everything everyone ordered was delicious and everyone enjoyed what they ordered!! After dinner the bar and live music was fun. Overall, very enjoyable evening!!Special Features:
- Get a new chef!LP66VIPDined on 7/18/2014Unfortunately, Daddy-O has chosen to change their menu from their tasty, post-Sandy traditional fare (including delicious lobster bisque) to a bizarre selection of odd choices, none of which have sauces that are edible and many with very conflicting flavors in one dish. I had scallops & the glaze was so salty that it was inedible. My 13yr old son asked for grilled cheese & the waiter said that is was no longer on the menu, but he'd get it for him...sounds good, right? We thought so until he brought out grilled cheese made with Brie & leeks...yuck! It would be great to see them change back to more traditional fare & stop trying be an urban spot with foo-foo choices. Also, turn up the lighting so customers can at least see the menu!
- MIXED FEELINGSluv2entertainDined on 7/17/2014Perfect example of when SERVICE, can ruin a good meal. I have been hosting my executive leadership team in LBI for 4 years. Daddy's Os has become one of our usual spots. The décor is trendy, food is good, but I had the worst service in years. Our waiter Prince (that was his name), needs to improve his act and then consider changing his name to "formally known as Prince". Example: I have never ordered $150+ wines, had to wait over 30 minutes to get it and then just get handed the wine bucket so I can pour it to my 8 guests myself. He was inattentive, unable to articulate or speak to the specials and just overall checked out for the evening.Special Features:
- First Time, Nice ExperienceBbmonk95Dined on 7/16/2014Good food, nice ambiance an excellent dining exoerience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014Very noisy! Food subpar! Very expensive for the quality! Won't go back!
- I wish they had their old menu!JarangoVIPDined on 7/11/2014I was a little dissapoibtrd, no fried pickles! The original menu seemed to have some many tasty choices. Wasn't thrilled with the new one! Tofu dish was kind of blan. Our server and the staff were very attentive. Not sure if go back for dinner. Bar yes, dinner not so sure.Special Features:
- Good dinner on the IslanddonzigirlDined on 7/11/2014Daddy O's is good food with good service. They are trying out some new things-like sushi, but could also expand the menu a little. Not that many choices but everything we ate was very good. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Really Good Place To EatjerzeybDined on 7/11/2014Daddy O is a place where the food is exceptionally well prepared and tastes just Outstanding, waiters are courteous and knowledgable about the menu, Great Ambience, We are truly lucky to have such a High Quality restaurant in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A stand out at the shore!LokinDined on 7/9/2014Greeted by smiling faces, entered into an energetic beautiful bar, with a small band. Decor is very cool, unlike any other at the beach. Food was delicious and creative. Excellent service. First room is nicer for dinner, ask for the large round booth.Special Features:
- Bad ExperienceJnemiaDined on 7/6/2014Having frequented Daddy O numerous times over the years, we felt that this would be a safe choice after a long 4th of July weekend of entertaining at home. This experience ranks up there with one of the worst ever on LBI or anywhere for that matter. It took over 30 minutes to get most of our appetizers, and another 20 minutes to get ALL of them. After the appetizers were finally served we were informed that one of the entrées was no longer available. This was now at least 1 hour after the order was taken.One hour later our entrees were served; my order of crab cakes, shaped like meatballs, were bread filled, dark, and almost inedible and the 6 sweet potato fries hardly made for a full serving. Overall just plain BAD!Special Features:
- Great Experience as AlwaysZach25Dined on 7/5/2014I've been dining hear for a few years now and they never disappoint. Friendly waitstaff, organized management, and great food. It is not your average jersey shore restaurant. It is a must if you are on the Island and heading out to dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ceasar Salad - Not so CeasarlovelocalDined on 6/29/2014If you want a Ceasar salad, the one on the menu might not be for you. It is made with 100% kale, which I like but thought it was way too heavy as an all kale salad, it would have been better mixed with romaine. The mini sliders were very over cooked and the bun was hard as a rock. I think the decor was nice and waitress tried too hard with all of her many many suggestions.Special Features:
- Good food and good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Went for a bachelorette party and food was great! A little pricey but nice for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceSusanDined on 6/22/2014The food was outstanding. The atmosphere was relaxing. Our server seemed a bit new, but she was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive for OK foodLocalBHGDined on 6/20/2014We ordered one of the specials and an one item off the menu for entrees... mediocre at best... food was presented nicely but price point was too high for quality... we got 2 apps 2 entrees and one dessert and cost was $150 prior to tip... Not recommended for families with children...Special Features:
- DisappointedJulieDined on 6/13/2014We had not been to Daddy O for over a year. They place was nicely redecorated. The service with Carol Ann was wonderful. Now the bad part....The salad advertised goat cheese and beets etc...no goat cheese to be found. The coffee was cold...the wine terrible...the price for two adults was expensive. Our total bill was $158. (without a tip) I will not be returning any time.
- TetaMTetaMDined on 5/25/2014Food was delicous and very fresh. Only complaint was where we were seated Noise level was high so difficult to converse across our own table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ugh not what we expectedSamjacDined on 5/11/2014Took my wife and kids for what I was hoping would be a nice Mother's Day meal.When we arrived at 2:30 we found they didn't have their normal menu but in fact a "brunch" menu of sorts.Disappointed we weren't told in advance, we proceeded to rider off a ridiculously small selection "mothers day" menu. The server was polite,apologized that the dinner menu started at 4pm. It took quite a while for the food to arrive and when it did it was cold.More disturbing was how disappointed we were with the flavor. My breakfast burrito was attractive but bland having no spice whatsoever and if it had eggs they were not distinguishable. My wife had the only omelette which seemed wee prepared but cold . My son had the burger which he did like.
- no go daddy-oRiboDined on 4/26/2014Trying to hard to be hip on a casual island. Food not impressive and servers press too hard with opinions and food exhortation...owners should take a look at Buckalews and learn.
- The following 31 reviews are from the Daddy O reviews archive.
- Excellent FoodMarkRDined on 4/12/2014This restaurant consistently has great food. The menu always has interesting specials!Special Features:
- Great food on LBIamadalvrDined on 4/12/2014We both enjoyed our entrees, one was short rib and the other was salmon. Both cooked to perfection and the sauces and sides were appropriate for each meal. Decent wine list and prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daddy O's dinnermikemac1Dined on 2/26/2014The reservation was for 7pm. We were promptly seated and the server was very pleasant and gave a short explanation of the restaurants history(just rebuilt from superstorm sandi). food was delivered promptly and was delicious. The only draw back from the evening was the server was the only server for the whole place. we had to wait on a few occasions for drinks. Overall experience was positive and the place looks beautiful. Thank you for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sweet Valentine's dinnersurfcitysarahDined on 2/14/2014We were seated at a strange little table and asked to be moved to a spacious round booth that was much more romantic and cozy. Dinner was delicious, we shared oysters and each had the creamiest lobster bisque ever.Our entrees were a porkchop served over jalapeño polenta and scallops served with pecans and cauliflower. Both dinners were delicious and filling. The service was just ok, the waitress seemed to forget we were there, not bringing bread, not filling our water glasses and apologizing so much that it was beginning to get annoying. . All in all it was a great night, the food was delicious and beautifully presented. The new decor is nicely suited for the beach location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exit 2013 - Enter 2014luvLBIDined on 12/31/2013My wife and I had a wonderful dinner and enjoyed a few hours afterward at the bar at the totally remodeled Daddy 'O on LBI. The food was top quality starting with the squash soup and kale salad. The shrimp & risotto main course was excellent as was the blueberry buckle for dessert. The bar was busy with a good mix of all age groups present. A four piece band provided the entertainment. A great nite out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service; interestingPrincessDiDined on 11/1/2013Great service; interesting menu; loud bar crowd sounds spilled over into the dining area. A little over-priced. Other restaurants on the island with equal or better food at better prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful barBufrportDined on 10/22/2013My husband and I enjoyed happy hour at the very nice bar prior to eating in the dinning room. Husband had 4 beer flights and I had a house white wine ( very generous pour on the wine)The food was excellent although the salmon was a tad rare for our taste. Enjoyed our waitress who timed everything coming out of the kitchen perfectly. Would love to go back.Special Features:
- This restaurant is impeccableCAGirlDined on 10/15/2013This restaurant is impeccable from the time I made the reservation, greeted at the door and outstanding service, presentation of the food and very creative and delicious entrees! The best restaurant I have ever been in!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well Deserved 5~Star Review!NicolesBoutiqueDined on 10/12/2013What an amazing find! We went for our anniversary & so glad we did! The vibe is cozy and chill, food is unique and delicious and the service was absolutely outstanding! Thanks Matthew for the special anniversary touch with our dessert. Menu and drink prices were much LOWER than we expected as well:-))) We have already recommended this amazing restaurant to our friends & family and will make it one of our favorite spots. Thanks Daddy O!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - horrible serviceDisappointedDined on 10/5/2013Server was very prompt with menus and taking drink orders when we sat down. BUT THEN - We waited 50 mins after ordering our appetizers to get them. During that time our server never came by to apologize for the delay, to see if we needed any more drinks, bread or water etc. We finally got our appetizers. We then waited another 45 mins for our entrees, but not before we went to the manager to see if there was a problem. And, again, no server checking to see if we needed anything. We even had to ask to have the appetizer dishes cleared in the meantime. The manager did offer a round of drinks on the house. Never left a restaurant without a cup of coffee at the end of a meal but we just wanted to get out of there. It could've been nice