4401 Long Beach Blvd
Brant Beach, NJ 08008Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.daddyohotellbi.com/
- Phone: 6094941300x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30 am - 5:00pm;
Off Season: Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Summer Season: Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Al Vanesko
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: On or off site catering options available.
- Private Party Facilities: Spaces available for up to 44 and up to 100. Outside dining area seats up to 45.
- Private Party Contact: Pete Palladino 6094941300x
- Entertainment: At daddy O we do live entertainment 5 days a week during the summer season 6-10pm.
A word from Daddy O
Daddy O, a 22-room boutique hotel and restaurant, is one of the many establishments in a partnership group headed by the highly respected Martin Grims. With Four Diamond AAA ratings and many "best of" honors, the partnership takes great pride in bringing inspired experiences with adventuresome food and outstanding service to their guests. Besides Daddy O, they own and operate: The Moshulu Restaurant/Ship in Philadelphia, The Plantation Restaurant in Long Beach Island, NJ, White Dog Café in Philadelphia and Wayne, PA and du jour café and market, currently in Haverford Square on the Philadelphia Main Line and expanding to more locations, including Center City Philadelphia's new Symphony House. Daddy O serves only the freshest food, most of which is sourced from sustainable methods. This is definitely an elevated culinary experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Daddy O - Best Restaurants in Brant Beach ›
Daddy O reviews from OpenTable diners
89 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
vibrant bar scene (42)special occasion (41)fit for foodies (36)romantic (34)good for groups (30)hot spot (26)neighborhood gem (23)great for outdoor dining (13)notable wine list (12)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (8)late-night find (7)great for lunch (6)great for brunch (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Food excellent. We told waiter we were there celebrating 3 of our 50th birthdays. Well we ordered appetizers and dinner. Our dinner arrives. And we were never brought bread olive oil of even our appetizers! Received no special attention at all for our special night out.Special Features:
- PleasantLondon6djVIPDined on 9/3/2014Pleasant experience. 3rd time here. Consistently good. My server was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerMAGBDined on 8/30/2014Had a great dinner with friends. Somewhat limited menu but excellent dishes and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful hotel, restuarant in LBICatCDined on 8/29/2014Daddy O is a beautiful hotel with a lovely dining room and roof deck with a view of the sea. Try the duck fat fries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Service Bad FoodFrequentDinerDined on 8/29/2014Overpriced, terrible service, food gave us stomach issues after coming out 45 minutes late. Manager had no explanation. Won't be going back anytime soon!Special Features:
- Backup chef was in?BradDined on 8/29/2014Menu was great, but cooked poorly. Everything was Lacking seasoning and a few dishes way overlooked.Special Features:
- Best Meal in LBI!Foodies4Dined on 8/24/2014This was our first time to Daddy O and we all loved it! Took our daughter's, 10 and 12, and we all enjoyed everything we tried. It was the best meal we had and the service was wonderful. Additionally, the place is beautiful - don't be intimidated - bring the kids! Don't miss Daddy O when you are in LBI!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daddy O's does not disappointbasildaveVIPDined on 8/23/2014This was our second time at Daddy O's and our first full dinner there. Everything was very well done, well prepared, presented and most importantly tasted great. This is now one of my favorite places in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great dinner!JerseyGirlDined on 8/21/2014Had a great dinner with friends last week. Everyone loved their meal, we all had fish or sushi. Service was great, waitress was every attentive and answered all our questions. Would definitely go back! When we left there was music in the bar and a good crowd - would check it out next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect date nightnjluvDined on 8/16/2014Perfect place out of the norm with great beer selection year after year if WIDAS had to go at least an appropriately a place a couple clicks past normal took its placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014I have been to Daddy O many times , always go when I am on LBI .. On this occasion we were celebrating 2 birthday from last week , I told the server we are 2 birthdays tonight see said great thanks for choosing us , service was a little slow not real busy at our seating time . Food came out good as usual .. Ordered dessert warm brownies werent real warm , as I said 2 birthdays I would of thought desserts would of had candles for the people celebrating and spending over $400 for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our servermichaelDined on 8/9/2014danille, was great she was the best waitperson we have had in yearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Menu!Gogs376Dined on 8/9/2014Perfect size menu with nice variety. Well done. Very accommodating with our large family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014We go to LBI every summer and Daddy O's is still the best. Great atmosphere whether your dining in, out or on rooftop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great roof top barNJCathyDined on 8/8/2014Had drinks on the roof prior to dinner - nice view. Dinner was very good and service excellent.Special Features:
- pleasantly surprised!DiscoDollDined on 8/4/2014After coming yo Beach Haven for years, we finally tried Daddy O's and loved it. I forgot my reader glasses and the hostess had a pair for me to borrow. I was impressed. Our server was adorable and very attentive. The food was delicious from start to finish. Lastly....I had a special request on his u like my Margarita and the bartender made it exactly his I like it...no pre mix. Have to try this Resturant. I am definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daddy not spending$ there againScottDined on 7/31/2014Horrible service. Staff did not even clear appetizer dishes when asked. We had to move them to another table ourselves. Someone's bday in our party. When privately told the waiter to bring a dessert out for bday they forgot? Yellowfin tuna was horrible. Ran out of bread ! Bad experience
- AWESOME!TableBoyDined on 7/26/2014The Service was OUTSTANDING. Our waitress recommended the perfect drinks and dinner selection. The Dean Martin Martini we perfect! Again the service from the hostess, waitress really made for a pleasant evening. The atmosphere was perfect for our group and our table intimate for conversation. Obviously this could be the best restaurant on LBI. We went to 2 other restaurants and they were not even close to being as highly rated. We finished the night off at their roof top bar which also was perfect the staff, the drinks and the atmosphere were all great!Special Features:
- Worst Ceasar Salad EverbeachgirlsDined on 7/26/2014Although the food over all was good, the ceaser was by far the worst I've ever had. The kale had an opportunity to give a fresh spin on flavor but unfortunately the dirty, musty taste ruined it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/25/2014Dined here this past Friday while also staying at the hotel. We both had the filet oscar. It was cooked to perfection and terrific. The potato on the side was outstanding and the GF said it was the best bernaise she has ever had. Prices were fairly reasonable.Special Features:
- Great dining and evening outchrissyDined on 7/23/2014The whole experience was wonderful. The décor was well designed and very pleasing. The food was GREAT. Everything everyone ordered was delicious and everyone enjoyed what they ordered!! After dinner the bar and live music was fun. Overall, very enjoyable evening!!Special Features:
- Get a new chef!LP66VIPDined on 7/18/2014Unfortunately, Daddy-O has chosen to change their menu from their tasty, post-Sandy traditional fare (including delicious lobster bisque) to a bizarre selection of odd choices, none of which have sauces that are edible and many with very conflicting flavors in one dish. I had scallops & the glaze was so salty that it was inedible. My 13yr old son asked for grilled cheese & the waiter said that is was no longer on the menu, but he'd get it for him...sounds good, right? We thought so until he brought out grilled cheese made with Brie & leeks...yuck! It would be great to see them change back to more traditional fare & stop trying be an urban spot with foo-foo choices. Also, turn up the lighting so customers can at least see the menu!
- MIXED FEELINGSluv2entertainDined on 7/17/2014Perfect example of when SERVICE, can ruin a good meal. I have been hosting my executive leadership team in LBI for 4 years. Daddy's Os has become one of our usual spots. The décor is trendy, food is good, but I had the worst service in years. Our waiter Prince (that was his name), needs to improve his act and then consider changing his name to "formally known as Prince". Example: I have never ordered $150+ wines, had to wait over 30 minutes to get it and then just get handed the wine bucket so I can pour it to my 8 guests myself. He was inattentive, unable to articulate or speak to the specials and just overall checked out for the evening.Special Features:
- First Time, Nice ExperienceBbmonk95Dined on 7/16/2014Good food, nice ambiance an excellent dining exoerience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014Very noisy! Food subpar! Very expensive for the quality! Won't go back!
- I wish they had their old menu!JarangoVIPDined on 7/11/2014I was a little dissapoibtrd, no fried pickles! The original menu seemed to have some many tasty choices. Wasn't thrilled with the new one! Tofu dish was kind of blan. Our server and the staff were very attentive. Not sure if go back for dinner. Bar yes, dinner not so sure.Special Features:
- Good dinner on the IslanddonzigirlDined on 7/11/2014Daddy O's is good food with good service. They are trying out some new things-like sushi, but could also expand the menu a little. Not that many choices but everything we ate was very good. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One Really Good Place To EatjerzeybDined on 7/11/2014Daddy O is a place where the food is exceptionally well prepared and tastes just Outstanding, waiters are courteous and knowledgable about the menu, Great Ambience, We are truly lucky to have such a High Quality restaurant in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A stand out at the shore!LokinVIPDined on 7/9/2014Greeted by smiling faces, entered into an energetic beautiful bar, with a small band. Decor is very cool, unlike any other at the beach. Food was delicious and creative. Excellent service. First room is nicer for dinner, ask for the large round booth.Special Features:
- Bad ExperienceJnemiaVIPDined on 7/6/2014Having frequented Daddy O numerous times over the years, we felt that this would be a safe choice after a long 4th of July weekend of entertaining at home. This experience ranks up there with one of the worst ever on LBI or anywhere for that matter. It took over 30 minutes to get most of our appetizers, and another 20 minutes to get ALL of them. After the appetizers were finally served we were informed that one of the entrées was no longer available. This was now at least 1 hour after the order was taken.One hour later our entrees were served; my order of crab cakes, shaped like meatballs, were bread filled, dark, and almost inedible and the 6 sweet potato fries hardly made for a full serving. Overall just plain BAD!Special Features:
- Great Experience as AlwaysZach25Dined on 7/5/2014I've been dining hear for a few years now and they never disappoint. Friendly waitstaff, organized management, and great food. It is not your average jersey shore restaurant. It is a must if you are on the Island and heading out to dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ceasar Salad - Not so CeasarlovelocalDined on 6/29/2014If you want a Ceasar salad, the one on the menu might not be for you. It is made with 100% kale, which I like but thought it was way too heavy as an all kale salad, it would have been better mixed with romaine. The mini sliders were very over cooked and the bun was hard as a rock. I think the decor was nice and waitress tried too hard with all of her many many suggestions.Special Features:
- Good food and good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014Went for a bachelorette party and food was great! A little pricey but nice for a special occasionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceSusanDined on 6/22/2014The food was outstanding. The atmosphere was relaxing. Our server seemed a bit new, but she was very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expensive for OK foodLocalBHGDined on 6/20/2014We ordered one of the specials and an one item off the menu for entrees... mediocre at best... food was presented nicely but price point was too high for quality... we got 2 apps 2 entrees and one dessert and cost was $150 prior to tip... Not recommended for families with children...Special Features:
- DisappointedJulieDined on 6/13/2014We had not been to Daddy O for over a year. They place was nicely redecorated. The service with Carol Ann was wonderful. Now the bad part....The salad advertised goat cheese and beets etc...no goat cheese to be found. The coffee was cold...the wine terrible...the price for two adults was expensive. Our total bill was $158. (without a tip) I will not be returning any time.
- The following 34 reviews are from the Daddy O reviews archive.
- TetaMTetaMDined on 5/25/2014Food was delicous and very fresh. Only complaint was where we were seated Noise level was high so difficult to converse across our own table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ugh not what we expectedSamjacDined on 5/11/2014Took my wife and kids for what I was hoping would be a nice Mother's Day meal.When we arrived at 2:30 we found they didn't have their normal menu but in fact a "brunch" menu of sorts.Disappointed we weren't told in advance, we proceeded to rider off a ridiculously small selection "mothers day" menu. The server was polite,apologized that the dinner menu started at 4pm. It took quite a while for the food to arrive and when it did it was cold.More disturbing was how disappointed we were with the flavor. My breakfast burrito was attractive but bland having no spice whatsoever and if it had eggs they were not distinguishable. My wife had the only omelette which seemed wee prepared but cold . My son had the burger which he did like.
- no go daddy-oRiboDined on 4/26/2014Trying to hard to be hip on a casual island. Food not impressive and servers press too hard with opinions and food exhortation...owners should take a look at Buckalews and learn.
- Excellent FoodMarkRDined on 4/12/2014This restaurant consistently has great food. The menu always has interesting specials!Special Features: