Daddy Jack's Restaurant & Bar
9419 N. Meridian St
Indianapolis, IN 46260Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Daddy Jack's Restaurant & Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.konajacksindy.com/daddy_jacks.php
- Phone: 3178431609
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - Midnight
Closed Sundays and Major Holidays
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jayme Carter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Some private dining available depending on size and date your party.
- Private Party Contact: Jim Thompson 3178431609x12
- Entertainment: Come to Après Jack's for the best local and regional live music in Indianapolis, Carmel, Fishers, Westfield and Zionsville, located in the back of Daddy Jack's. Check our website for an up to date schedule.
A word from Daddy Jack's Restaurant & Bar
For over two decades Daddy Jack's has served up tantalizing appetizers, salads, pasta dishes, chicken, hand-cut steaks and seafood. Relax with a generous libation and you'll quickly see why this is Indianapolis' fine dining favorite spot for food, fun, and friends. Join the crowd for a sporting event on one of our many TV's, or request a secluded corner for a romantic dinner for two.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Daddy Jack's Restaurant & Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Daddy Jack's Restaurant & Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (22)good for groups (9)great for lunch (8)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)romantic (5)special occasion (5)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (4)fit for foodies (4)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- a nice laid back restaurant....famfordineDined on 10/14/2014Daddy Jacks is a great place to meet up at about any time for any occasion. We have visited several times. A place to meet up between most of our family and friends destination. The wait staff are quite friendly, helpful and pleasing. AND I do appreciate the Open Table concept. Very easy to make reservations!!Special Features:
- LelyHoosierVIPDined on 9/15/2014Nice atmosphere, food was very good. Steak and Lobster special priced reasonable. Wine bottle special was priced very nice and wine was good. Very good service and food was delivered to table nice and hot. All and all, very good restaurant for price and food quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we came back!RollsDined on 9/12/2014It had been a while since we'd been to Daddy's for dinner, but we had some fond memories so visited for a birthday celebration. As touted, the steaks had by 3 of the 4 of us were fabulous! Seafood Alfredo was great as well. Then there's also those memorable fried "muskies" which were as good or better than we remembered. You're definitely holding your own...keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedCuisineQueenVIPDined on 8/20/2014I ordered Cobb salad & it was not very good & order was incorrect. Room we were in - to N of entrance - needs some major renovating. I like older places, but this definitely needs some jazzing up.
- MikeDined on 8/11/2014Fantastic as always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and drinksTorian0319VIPDined on 8/2/2014I dined here with friends and was pleasantly surprised. The ambiance was very much like a bar, which is why it has a minimum age of 18. The service was subpar. The waitress came by and ask if I wanted a drink while waiting for my guests and I said yes. She didn't come back for the order until after 20 mins. The service was similar the rest of the night. But, the food was really good, as well as the drinks. I will definitely dine there again. This one is a keeper, despite the slow service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daddy'smissyDined on 8/2/2014This is a great neighborhood bar. Lots of Ambience. Great burgers and fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentwboutVIPDined on 7/29/2014I have been here several times and I still enjoy it. The atmosphere is outstanding. The food is excellent. I will be back!Special Features:
- Lunch with co-workersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Work birthday lunch. Sushi was amazing and a good price. Soup was great! This was my first time and I enjoyed it. Definitely would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Excellent hamburger. Great service. It was my friend's birthday, and the waitress brought her a piece of lemon cake. My friend said it was warm and delicious.Special Features:
- The following 53 reviews are from the Daddy Jack's Restaurant & Bar reviews archive.
- lakeloverDined on 6/18/2014We had a great time. Food was great, service was great, and we love the live music, especially Gordon Bonham!Special Features:
- Girls Night Out BirthdayCelebrationShaindel1Dined on 6/4/2014Great food, great service! Each meal was delicious. Celebration was fun! Server was very accommodating. Now Planning a small retirement celebration. We Enjoy coming to your restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daddy Jack's always comes throughHoosierTravelerDined on 5/19/2014We chose D. J.'s because our favorite "go to" restaurant was closed for the evening. Frankly, I had forgotten about this place until I searched open table, then remembered the great business luncheons I once had there. I had the Walleye, which was prepared perfectly. My daughter had the blackened tilapia, also exquisitely prepared. We won't wait so long before returning to this great north side gem.Special Features:
- Great Late DinnerBmo4VIPDined on 5/7/2014We had reservations for 9 people and they were going to set us in the back near where a band was playing - it was very loud - they accommodated us by quickly set up another place near the front. We all had a delicious meal and the service was outstanding.Special Features:
- Love this place!wboutVIPDined on 4/26/2014Amazing food and great ambiance. The atmosphere is calming. Great place for a date or similar. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Admn Prof Day LuncheonMimiDined on 4/23/2014Thanks for the great service and meal. Office staff enjoyed Daddy Jack's and will return soon for evening drinks.Special Features:
- Great lunch with friendsPeglegpeteDined on 4/10/2014It was a wonderful experience. The last time I was there smoking was permitted. Thursday was a much improved without the smoking. Service was great as was lunch. The Cobb salad was very good and the server was happy to leave out the sprouts. The portion extremely generous; could have easily fed two. I would recommend Daddy Jack's highly.Special Features:
- Too busyBurkyDined on 4/5/2014The staff was in a hurry. Seating was next to Hostess stand, awkward for reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were in the small room...niceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2014We were in the small room...nice quiet spot away from the crowd!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellenceDinnerdateDined on 2/14/2014Everything was great about this restaurant from the food to the entertainment and service. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Nice Valentines Day SpecialKitkat3843Dined on 2/14/2014Enjoyed the special Valentines Day menu. Even the house wine was nice. Steaks were perfectly cooked. Will be going back again soon!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hey, Daddy!SusieDVIPDined on 2/8/2014Fun, lively atmosphere. Interesting variety of fellow diners. Hey, daddy, will you buy me a drink? We are two 60s couples and have noticed the group of singles, including many boomers, at the bar. We enjoy a crowded restaurant with energetic noise level; we laugh a lot and blend in without calling attention to ourselves. The al fresco area is great in the season.Special Features:
- Good Food, Great servicePartyOf8Dined on 1/25/2014We were happy and full at the end of our meal. Our server kept up with our group of 8 like a pro. We will come back!Special Features:
- Always dependable.MernDined on 12/31/2013You can always count on getting a great steak here. The food has never disappointed me and have been going here for over 20 years.Special Features:
- New Year's Eve PregameRocketDined on 12/31/2013We had one of the many available specials which included filet and lobster tail. The filet was excellent and the lobster tail was good. The Riesling that my wife had was a suitable accompaniment, and our server was quite attentive with my fresh brewed iced tea. The meal was brought to a sterling conclusion with a delicious chocolate cake topped with the most delicious ice cream we have ever tasted. The decadent graham cracker ice cream even had an occasional clump of graham cracker. We like this restaurant, and would go back just for the ice cream at meal's end.Special Features:
- SportsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013Good for sports and group settings . Food is good but could be healthier. Good sandwiches and seafood. Good place for sports gatherings and lots of tv. Excellent bar area like a neighborhood pubSpecial Features:
- Dinner out with business associates37RagTopDined on 12/27/2013Dinner out with business associates and spouses. We were seated promptly and were able to add another couple to our reservation for a total of 6 diners. We had drinks appetizers and main course and shared desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- family favoritefinkerfooDined on 12/20/2013Eat here at least once a week. Best service/waitresses around. Been a staple for 20+ yearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/14/2013The food was amazing and our service couldn't have been any better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerNewDinerDined on 12/9/2013Living in Greenwood, we normally don't dine out up north, but was very impressed with your restaurant and clientele. A more "mature not seniors" diners which was very refreshing as a "mature" diner myself. Will come back and check out Kona Jacks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a group gatheringMariaDined on 11/27/2013Wonderful warm atmosphere. The service was great! The clam chowder was steaming hot and very good. The steaks were tender, delicious and prepared to perfection. Would definitely recommend to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ComplexSeabDined on 9/28/2013Daddy Jack's and adjacent Kona Jack's (great seafood for heartland) offer two adjacent choices, both comfortable and with great service. Daddy Jack's named after founder's father. Comfortable Midwest version of Cheers. Typical pub fare and a few twists, well prepared. Consistent, dependable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!RachelDined on 9/25/2013Food and service were outstanding. Quick and awesome lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Date nightTamiDined on 8/30/2013Food was very good. This is a good place to watch a game, have a drink and not have to eat "bar food". Sushi and seafood are the specialities. Service could have been better...we waited for drinks/refills too long. Waitress didn't check in enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SpecialsBmo4VIPDined on 8/24/2013We ate outside at Daddy Jacks the food was very good. The atmosphere outside is only so so - Looking at a praking lot is not so great, but the weater was great and that was our choice to eat there. They had a all you could eat ribs special which I enjoyed - they were fall off the bone great. A little to heavy on the barbeque sauce for my tatse but I would still recommend them. I had to rate rate Ambience and noise level - I'm sure inside the ambience and noise level would have ben rated quite differently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bar foodmamannieVIPDined on 8/1/2013Basically bar food, but upscale, really GOOD bar food, including fish. One of the few places in inland Indy to be sure of fresh-tasting fish, thanks to the fish market and restaurant next door, Kona Jack's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesomelamin317Dined on 7/27/2013Everything was perfect, our special request was met for a round table and we were seated promptly! The ribs were fantastic!!! We'll be back for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was good, food not so muchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2013We came for a down to earth, American food restaurant. I honestly think most of the dissatisfaction comes from a feeling that I paid way too much for so-so food. The appetizers were standard, Applebee's level quality. The ribs were actually pretty good, but our dates were very unimpressed with their salads, soups, and fish entrees.
- Great PlaceRAZteachDined on 5/31/2013Food was excellent!!! Didn't feel hurried. Excellent service, was there when we needed something, but left us alone to enjoy our night with someone we hadn't seen in a long time. Later had a band next door enjoyed the music. Will definitely eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will return againBobCVIPDined on 5/16/2013We didn't what to expect as we walked into the bar/pub. Since we not from the area we were looking for a place close to our Grandmothers home to take her out. Service was very good and meals were good to very good with large portions. Ambience is more of a bar but next time we are in town we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.