52 N. Swinton Ave
Delray Beach, FL 33444Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dadaofdelray.com/
- Phone: 5613303232
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Bruce Feingold
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Dada offers private dining and special events.
- Private Party Contact: Walter Harris 5613303232
- Entertainment: Dada features live entertainment 7 nights a week, including indie rock, acoustic singer song writers, poetry, comedy and spoken word.
- Special Events: Dada will only be serving a three course Thanksgiving Day meal on November 28, 2013. The cost is $23 per person and 100% of the money goes to the Delray Achievement Center for Families. We look forward to serving you and greatly appreciate your support!
A word from Dada
"Dada" French for Hobby Horse, named after the art movement of the early 1900"s Is located in the historic Tarrimore house. Features American classics and modern dishes, using fresh fish, all natural beef and hand picked produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dada reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (2)neighborhood gem (2)fit for foodies (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Dada is excellent again!delraydinerVIPDined on 6/13/2014Been going to Dada 3-4 times a year for the last 3 years and always a great meal. The Dada dates are the best!Special Features:
- The following 990 reviews are from the Dada reviews archive.
- Nice Ambiance, Rushed ServiceIndy5Dined on 5/25/2014Place has a super cool vibe.....outdoor seating is very chill. I did however feel the service (in regards to ordering) was rushed as well as the food was rushed out. All 3 of our appetizers and entrees came withing 45 min, and just a couple min after that we were being asked about dessert. With the food coming out so fast....you feel obligated to eat faster, and that simply is not enjoyable. I not only came to eat, but to talk, enjoy the evening out. Food was good, but I probably won't return because quite honestly I didn't enjoy the service at all.
- What an Improvement!DelrayDivaVIPDined on 5/25/2014At one time Dada was one of our favorite restaurants. However, we had not gone to Dada for about 2 years because the menu was not good. But we were delighted that it is back to its former grandeur! It is again a favorite. Try the bacon strips - YUMMY!
- HotNoluvtodineDined on 5/24/2014It was very hot no circulation and very loud. The food was ok and our waiter Daniel was excellent.Special Features:
- You must do DADAs.Foodie2goDined on 5/24/2014Excellent innovative flavors. Excellent service and a beautiful artistic flair to the food and the atmosphere. Must have a mojito when you goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant in Delray!MeltchVIPDined on 5/23/2014Stumbled across this gem of a restaurant and can't wait to go back. A menu just for Mojitos? Awesome! Dining outside with the candles glowing and great music playing really helped set the mood. Our waiter, Gustavo, provided superior service; his attentiveness and recommendations were spot on. The food was an eclectic mix of familiar dishes with an imaginative twist. We shared 3 apps (bacon sticks, grilled Brie and carpaccio), the maple glazed salmon entree and banana bread dessert; all were excellent! Prices were reasonable and management makes sure your needs are met (thank you, Walter). We didn't want to leave and look forward to dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- creative and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 5/23/2014great food every time we go. Creative and delicious menu. order dada's dates as an appetizer and then the Pork Chop. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wanted to lick my plateyummytummyDined on 5/23/2014I thoroughly enjoyed every part of my meal. There were 3 of us that split 2 appetizers, and I loved them both. My entree was delicious from my first bite to the last, and it took tons of willpower to not finish my dessert too. We ate inside because it was hot out. The restaurant was charming but a tight squeeze and noisy. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth returning!FoodismypassionDined on 5/20/2014Great ambiance and excellent food! Cheerful and helpful wait staff delivered wonderful and creative menu items. Outdoor tables were comfortable and easy to access. Never rushing but always available, the service staff really delivered, and the playful and varied menu choices were at a high standard of quality, size, and value. A treat all around.Special Features:
- Nice dinner at this old houseKAS1VIPDined on 5/18/2014We thoroughly enjoy Dada. Hostess staff always welcoming. Service was terrific. Very attentive. Food was excellent. Perhaps the best crab cakes you will ever have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The best yetRschagrinVIPDined on 5/17/2014Been here numerous times over the years and this was the best food and service. Great waiter who was passionate about the food and interested in wine. We had the burrata , a little different since it was served with bread instead of over greens, the crab cake, very good, tomato bisque and tuna tartare. For entrees. 2 of us tried the veal cop special, very good and reasonably priced $29, a yellowtail snapper special with a panko crust, and blacken redfish which is rare in South Florida.Special Features:
- 516to561Dined on 5/16/2014Wonderful food, great service, but wily only fine there again if we were seated outside. The noise inside was deafening! But loved everything else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely, simply lovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014We had a wonderful kickoff dinner to Mother's Day. The food, the service, the ambiance all superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014I took my husband to Dada's to celebrate his birthday. The service was excellent. The food was delicious and the price was reasonable. We will definitely come back- maybe next week!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened to DaDa?KriskissVIPDined on 5/9/2014It just wasn't the same as it used to be. I haven't been in over a year at least and the food is just no where near as good as it used to be. We ordered the beef carpaccio - which was unlike any beef carpaccio I've ever had - and not in a good way. It was 4 slices of beef. That's it. Embarrassing portion size and it was way too thick for carpaccio. We ordered the fish special - I think it was branzino. It was so small. And thin. Literally finished with it in 4-5 bites. Also ordered the kale Caesar which was not that great either. Overall, pretty disappointed in DaDa. And I still can't figure out why they did away with the absolute best mac n cheese. The waiters always say people still ask about it - so why not bring it back??!
- Overpriced OversaltedLArtystVIPDined on 5/9/2014The food was overpriced, and over salted and sweetened. Minimal for what the cost was. The chicken tasted like it was soaked in salt. And they refused to serve it without the csweetened gravy. The ravioli were tasty but they also refused to serve it with the thick creme sauce.
- Brooklyn meets DelraySwissTravelGuruDined on 5/5/2014We love Dada, particularly the tables around the beautiful giant ficus tree. The food is always good and sometimes great, the waitstaff are attentive and spare no effort to ensure a delightful guest experience, the mojitos are fantastic. The whole place has a really nice groove and reminds us of how Williamsburg was before it got "attitude".Special Features:
- One of my favoritesplk71Dined on 5/4/2014Dada is truly one of South Florida's gems. This was my second time dining there and the experience was just as good if not better than the first. The Dada Dates are a must and the mojitos are fantastic. My niece had the 7 Cheese Grilled Cheese with Tomato Bisque and I had the catch of the day, both of which were delicious and well-prepared. If you can manage to get a table outside, and if the weather is cooperative, it makes for a lovely dining experience. The service is outstanding as well; the bussers, waitstaff, hosts, and floor managers are very friendly, accommodating, knowledgeable, and attentive. I live in Coral Gables, but this restaurant is well-worth the drive.Special Features:
- Very specialFoodforlfeDined on 5/3/2014I adore Da Da. The food is always wonderful. It is eclectic, interesting and fun. The only negative is that it is very loud inside, but that is what you get when you put a restaurant in an old house. If you like great food, you will not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DA DA Rocks0143foodDined on 5/3/2014Interesting menu and specials. Friendly waiters and staff. Interesting art on the walls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodFamilyOfThreeVIPDined on 5/3/2014Dada is one of my favorite restaurants in south Florida. Not pretentious or overpriced. Fun people and atmosphere. Always good food. Great drinks! And Walter Harris is a fantastic manager. He is always on the floor checking in with guests and making sure everything is good.Special Features:
- the place to behotspotDined on 5/2/2014Dada is amazing me and my date had a great time she told me that it was the best date she's ever been on.. thank you DadaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingJoeIDined on 5/2/2014Excellent food. Fit for foodies, generous portions and a great value. The drinks and desserts are creative and well executed. Perhaps the best Dark and Stormy. Not to be missed if you are in Delray. The service was also welcoming and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesomeveneixDined on 5/2/2014This place never disappoints us. Every server we have had has been attentive, knowledgeable, and very personable. Our server, Shelby, was awesome! Thanks for the great experience like usual @Dadas.Special Features:
- Has been betterKiwicottageVIPDined on 5/2/2014First time we were disappointed with 2 entrees. Lamb chops were tender but over cooked, duck was not crispy as stated nor tender. Was happy that my friends who had not doned there were pleased with their dishes. Dessert was brought out to table sonce the Mgmt knew we were not pleased. Everyone is very helpful and friendly and aleays tries to please customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodBoopishVIPDined on 5/1/2014we always love to sit outside, however this time it was a little buggy as the sun went down......but our waitress, Jessica, provided body spray and it worked.We like the menu additions, and I tried a very delicious drink, the Hemingway. Our service was very professional, the food was good and we just enjoy the energy of DaDa.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceTheatergoerDined on 4/30/2014This restaurant is very convenient to the Crest Theatre and Arts Garage. Food and service were excellent. Plenty of outdoor seating available.Special Features:
- KAS1VIPDined on 4/28/2014We love Dada. Simple yet delicious food with very attentive service. Dada is housed in an old house. Guests can sit outside in the yard or inside in one of the rooms. Not to be missed when in the area.Special Features:
- Just a wonderful experience.wisteriaDined on 4/28/2014The servers were excellent, food came fast and was excellent and the ambience is wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellenceDavid530Dined on 4/26/2014Great food and service. Duck was outstanding. Killer s'mores.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting menu, great service!dals1959Dined on 4/26/2014We started off with stuffed dates - they were to die for! The fish dishes were cooked perfectly and plated beautifully and our server, Jason, was extremely attentive. The only problem with sitting inside the restaurant was the temperature. It was very warm and my boyfriend was sweating in his button-down shirt. They really need to install some fans to circulate the air in the house. Other than that, it was a lovely evening and we'd definitely return - but only when the weather is cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuzinVIPDined on 4/26/2014Great place. Food is always good and the crowd is funky.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HEDHUNTERVIPDined on 4/26/2014for a neighborhood eatery, overpriced and missing niceties
- Fabulous night outdevdinesDined on 4/25/2014Walter went out of his way to accommodate our request for outdoor seating, which we definitely appreciated. Our server was friendly and responsive and our meals were fantastic. Our guest from New York was highly impressed! Thanks for a great night out, as always.Special Features:
- Love, Love, Love DaDaErickVIPDined on 4/25/2014We continue to return to our favorite Delray restaurant. Tonight we enjoyed the Hog Snapper special with the kale salad and pork wings. Wow! Delicious! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast foodDevl42Dined on 4/25/2014Excellent food, but they rush you out. Appetizers arrived almost instantly, drinks too another 5 minutes. Not the nice relaxing dinner we were hoping for. Staff has no concept of what a nice dining experience should be.Special Features:
- Always a treatErasmoVIPDined on 4/23/2014It's always a treat going to Dada. Our reservation was honored and we were treated to, as always, an intersesting menu that made it difficult for us to choose. Everything was delicious; our party especially enjoyed the crab cakes and the specials, which were grouper and mahi-mahi, each topped with flavorful sauces. Our server, Tammy, was not only very helpful, but was generally a delight and definitely added to our thoroughly enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeHungryIDined on 4/20/2014Great little gem off the beaten path. Wonderful food, service and ambience. Had the most delicious duck I have ever eaten. I am looking forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulJawgirl17Dined on 4/18/2014DaDa (hobby horse) is always delightful. The outdoor seating, under large trees with hanging lanterns and twinkle lights, is lovely. The menu is eclectic. We had the sea bass, steak, pork chops, and a pasta dish....everything was really good. Would definitely return and recommend it to others.Special Features:
- food was not goodaabcdDined on 4/18/2014i had a soup and a crab cake that was alright. The other three had fish. The piece of fish was very unappetizing, the gnocchi were not hot.