Da Tommaso NYC
903 8th Avenue
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Da Tommaso NYC
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.datommasony.com/
- Phone: 2122651890
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch & Dinner:
Tuesday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 12:00pm - 11:00pm
Monday: 12:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Private Party Facilities: Special occasions:
private parties, meetings & corporate events
Seating capacity: 80 main dinning room, 40 private party room
Reservations: suggested (highly)
- Private Party Contact: Paul Da Tomasso 2122651890
A word from Da Tommaso NYC
Traditional Northern Italian Cuisine Served by accomodating staff at affordable prices make this your right place for dinner (or Lunch!)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Da Tommaso NYC reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)fit for foodies (10)special occasion (8)good for groups (8)romantic (7)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Best DessertsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014A great neighborhood Italian restaurant actually located in the theater district. Pasta dishes were good. Best ricotta cheese cake and also gelato slices dipped in dark chocolate. Nice unrushed atmosphere to have dinner with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly Delicious!cityfoodiesVIPDined on 10/11/2014We came for a pre theater dinner not expecting much and were very surprised, food was delicious and the service was terrific! our food came hot and prompt and we had plent of time to enjoy it! Will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happyappointmentDined on 10/7/2014Da Tommaso was great . The food was was very good and the friendly waiters made my party feel special. I would absolutely go there again .we got there late but it wasn't a problem . they acccomadated us quickly since we had tickets to see a show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Price PerformerNamcyDined on 10/1/2014Excellent meak at very reasonable price...convenient for theatre.Special Features:
- Old Fashioned, OverpricedLouiseDined on 9/15/2014Our meal here was very tasty. And you can order pretty much any Italian dish you've ever imagined (there are almost more "specials" they have to tell you about than items on the menu--good luck remembering any of them). This place is really old-fashioned. The space is a little dusty feeling with a front that looks like a shopping mall. The prices are set at tourist/theater-goer rip-off levels. I'm sure it is reliable and will feel comfortable and familiar to many, but I was hoping for something a little more up to date. And $21 for Spaghetti Bolognese, alone with no vegetables or salad or anything else seems really very steep. Especially since the sauce was nothing special. [The prices are higher than the menu on their website.]Special Features:
- Great service and foodDeeweeDined on 9/14/2014We've been here twice on trips from New Orleans to NYC. Very friendly owner and staff. All dishes are prepared well. We'll be back next trip to NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Da Tommaso Dinner ReviewpatmoDined on 9/11/2014My wife and I had dinner at this restaurant recently. The range of offerings was substantial with many sounding good to try. The service was good as was the food. It is one of so many Italian restaurants in NYC that needs to stand out for people to become repeat customers.Special Features:
- Its reputation misleads itFoodislifeDined on 8/28/2014Although touted as a theater area institution with authentic Italian dishes and old world service, the food was mediocre and the service abrupt and rushed. Meals at McDonalds have been more thoughtfully prepared and leisurely.
- Excellent place to eat in NYCFannyDined on 8/15/2014We went on my birthday and the place was very nice, the food and service were excellent! I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodDfdinesDined on 8/5/2014Sometimes one settles for decent food when dining before or after theater. Da Tommaso offers wonderful Italian food in the Carnegie Hall/Studio 54 neighborhood.Special Features:
- A great find!jplanetDined on 7/24/2014Went here for a pre-dinner show with parents visiting from out of town, but it was a new experience for all of us, and we were all very impressed. Being a hard-to-satisfy Italian myself, everything I ordered tasted delicious and authentic. I started with the lentil soup, which I am very fussy about, and it was outrageously good, followed by a chicken rollatini special which surpassed all expectations. Others had the pasta Amatriciana and Bolognese, all were equally good. The staff was attentive, friendly, and very professional. We all agreed that we would want to return in the future.Special Features:
- Convenient, good food, good serviceBarbaraLDined on 7/19/2014My friend and I enjoyed our meal very much. Service was good and was very efficient. The food was delicious. The ambience was traditional Italian and very pleasant. We had thought there would be a prix fixe pre-theatre menu, but there was not. Menu is quite varied and offers dishes at various price levels. We would definitely go back for a pre-theatre dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the bestMaggianosDined on 7/19/2014Great food - good service - easy walk to theaters. One of our favoritesSpecial Features:
- Terrific!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/18/2014My second visit to this gem of a restaurant and it was just as good as the first. The food was excellent, the service warm and welcoming and we were never rushed. I will return.
- Just okaysharonVIPDined on 7/12/2014The decor is outdated, and it seems like they are trying to be fancier than they are. The service was attentive but a little pushy. The host and waiter both asked what we wanted to drink before we were given a wine list, and when we asked for one, the waiter demanded to know whether we wanted a bottle or glasses of wine. We weren't sure yet; we wanted to see the list! He then tried to get my boyfriend to order a different special than he wanted, and encouraged us to add-on appetizers and salads. I felt like I said "no thanks" about 10 times. The entrees were pretty good though, despite the bread on the table being a little dry/stale.
- disappointingjuly22Dined on 7/11/2014Not impressed. I expected a better meal. House white wine was too sweet. Fish tasted like it was reheated.
- The following 164 reviews are from the Da Tommaso NYC reviews archive.
- UnbelievableOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/27/2014Every time I come to NY I come to Da Tommaso and it never gets old. The food is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food near theatre areadavectDined on 6/27/2014The restaurant looks a bit tired but the food is very good Italian. You cannot go wrong. Lots of old standbys and good prices and portions. Service was good. Got to theatre on time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!IzziesDined on 6/24/2014Better than we expected, they were very accommodating with the menu. Our waiter was great and basically told us they could prepare just about anything we liked. A real home cooking feel to the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConvenientHerbieDined on 6/24/2014We took our granddaughters to see Wicked. Da Tomasso was right near the theater, the food and service were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/23/2014This restaurant is a wonderful find. Went there on a Monday evening with several friends. We were warmly welcomed and the good vibes never faltered. The waiter was extremely helpful and the food--lasagna special for two of us and the seafood pasta for the other two-was delicious. We were given ample time to enjoy ourselves and never felt rushed. We will be sure to return.
- Great as always!!!TrudeDined on 6/21/2014Been eating here for years and have never been disappointed--the food is great and so is the service.Special Features:
- VeganFamilyMembersDined on 6/20/2014Fine for before theater. Meal was good, not spectacular, somewhat pricey. No complaints.
- MarlenedcVIPDined on 6/18/2014Waiter didn't inform me that I could have substituted asparagus without an extra charge of 11.50, which was a surprise when we got the bill. Food was good but not as good as I remembered. Red sauce restaurant.
- Good FoodHeavenlyVIPDined on 6/12/2014The food was very good but the waiter we had was not very attentive. The dining area we were in was on the small side and the tables were jammed in which made it a little uncomfortable.
- Very Good before a showNjdinerDined on 6/7/2014Was a little hesitant from its appearance from across the street as it looks like it's part of a strip mall. Once we tasted the food, however, all doubts were gone. Appetizers were excellent. Salads were good and my wife's dinner wa the bet salmon she had in a long time. My dinner was chicken piccatta which was very good although not outstanding. The waiter was execellent, very attentive and helpful with suggestions. The only thing in found disappointing for an Italian restaurant was that the bread before the meal was rather ordinary, not warm and no dipping sauces. On the other hand, I ate less of it and had the room to finish my meal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/5/2014It's fine for a pre-play meal, conviently located.Special Features:
- Quite a findTonyDined on 5/28/2014Small and hidden but outstanding food. Friendly staff but the food is the star. Veal special and homemade ravioli were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a PlusElsewhereDined on 5/12/2014We enjoyed the evening. Everything was great. The food, the ambience and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Pre-theatre dinnerNJConsultantDined on 5/10/2014We had dinner before seeing a Broadway show for Mother's Day - although a few block walk from the heart of the theatres, the dining experience was very nice and reasonably priced for a NYC restaurant. Would definitely go back.
- Easy to select from menuRahnycDined on 5/7/2014While this restaurant has a great location, food is good, prices are a bit steep. If you don't mind the price you can certainly have a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 54th St GemLuv2eatDined on 5/7/2014Service was excellent. Waiters were attentive. Cozy atmosphere. The Brass was enjoyable and tasty. Stuffed Mushrooms outstanding. Spinach Ravioli amazing. Love the feeling of not being rushed. Da Tommaso's is a hidden gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not quite up to the hypejholmesDined on 5/3/2014I reserved dinner here for myself and girlfriend hoping to be blown away by the food and ambiance. While both were good I left longing for more. I'm not sure if it's because the portions weren't as big as I expected or maybe it was because the food was just good and didn't knock me off of my socks. I can definitely say that the food tasted like authentic Italian which was definitely a plus.Special Features:
- DreadfulFrequentDinerVIPDined on 5/3/2014Fell into this dreary tourist trap due to its proximity to Studio 54. Big mistake.
- Nice Neighborhood Italian!SpeedrackDined on 5/1/2014We had dinner at Da Tommaso on 5/1 before seeing Wicked. My wife's girlfriend had recommended it to us that's how we found it. We had a 6pm reservation and were seated right away when we got there a little early. Our waiter was a very nice guy and was also very knowledgable about the food. He recommended the avocado salad and the stuff mushrooms which we both enjoyed. We both ordered a special of the evening not off the menu. I had a very good chicken dish and my wife had the stuffed pork chop. The entrees were both were very good as was the service and we would definitely go back if we were in that area on the city again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/30/2014We love their food before theatre or any other time. They have spedini which is my favorite dish. Everything they make is delicious. The restaurant looks a little tired and so do the waiters! Ambiance is zero. Food is fabulous.Special Features:
- GOOD FOOD/GOOD SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2014We arrived early for our reservation and had a drink at the bar, lovely atmosphere..food was excellent and service very good.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014Excellent as always. This restaurant will satisfy all your needs. The chef will make anything you want-----really. Try it once and you'll keep going back again and again. just like me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for theater dayLunchDined on 4/9/2014We have lunch here prior to theater when we are at Studio 54 shows. Always have the most wonderful vegetable soup - like fresh fom the garden - salads are excellent. Don't understand why it isn't more crowded - it is a gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We keep returning!barbVIPDined on 4/4/2014We had dinner again last Saturday and it's always delicious! The service is friendly and helpful but very professional! Will suggest ideas off the menu. The food is homemade and fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.