116 Kings Highway
Haddonfield, NJ 08033Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://dasolirestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8564292399x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 9:30pm,
Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Mark Berenato
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: da Soli features an "Upstairs Loft" for parties of 18-35 people. It overlooks the entire restaurant. Perfect for afternoon wedding receptions or for any party of 40 to 55 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Mark Berenato 8564292399x
- Cross Street: Shoppes at 116
- Public Transit: Located in the heart of Haddonfield da Soli Trattoria Rustica, is steps from parking at the PATCO high speed train line with a convenient downtown area ready for an after dinner walk.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is located in the rear of the shopping mall we are located in.
A word from Da Soli
Voted "Best BYOB" 2013 by South Jersey Magazine. Chef/Owner Mark Berenato brings 25 years’ experience to his two-floor Trattoria. The menu is a unique approach to Italian cooking with classics too . Local ingredients, braised meats, handmade pastas, and grilled seafood are the highlights on the menu and daily creations. Come see why da Soli is Haddonfield's gem nestled in the Shoppes at 116 off Kings Highway with plenty of parking!!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Da Soli reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)fit for foodies (8)special occasion (7)romantic (6)good for groups (4)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- How is this place getting 4 stars??DennisGDined on 7/26/2014We normally do not go out during restaurant wee since service & food is not normally where it should be, so grain of salt to be taken, but it does seem that some of the issues we had are unrelated to that. We got there and they did not have our open table reservation - "we stopped using Open Table last week". After a bit of hemming and hawing, they gave us our table for 6. The food was not great at all. Pasta and clams - uneatable, WAY over salted. 3 people left 3/4 plates - and they did not even ask if something was wrong. The server was sweating like crazy. I know it gets hot when busy, but get a towel!! The bus boys speak no English - which I am fine with, but they were removing plates we were still eating! We were sad overall. :(Special Features:
- Never disappoints!JoanneDDined on 7/9/2014This restaurant has gone from excellent to amazingly excellent. The food is beyond delicious- it's a combination of old style, inventive, and unique all at the same time. The specials are off the charts - from the entrees to the house made desserts, it's incredible. If you haven't been here, what are you waiting for?!!!!Special Features:
- Teaching4moreDined on 7/8/2014Dinner at DaSoli was delicious! The location, food, ambience, and service was outstanding. The food portions were a good size and the experience was one that I will recommend to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great-thezVIPDined on 6/28/2014Food is always great.. Service is 1st class. What else needs to be said?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- juleDined on 6/28/2014We have been to this restaurant several times now and it is ALWAYS excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 6/20/2014Excellent service, creative menu with fresh choicesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real favoriteMangiaBeneDined on 6/19/2014Great chef, excellent food and friendly service. Innovative dishes expertly prepared and presented. Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A M A Z I N GpastagirlDined on 6/8/2014Everything is always FRESH... creative... and DELICOUS! The service is always impeccable and they are more than happy to make any minor changes you need made to a dish. (less spicy, different pasta, no cheese, etc.) It's always a pleasure dining at Da Soli'... PLUS --- they fundraise for local non-profits, which is also a big plus in my book!Special Features:
- The following 262 reviews are from the Da Soli reviews archive.
- RonBDined on 5/24/2014very good for local dining but menu has to offer more choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticgreattogotoDined on 5/18/2014Great food,good service, friendly, would return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day DinnerDinnerDined on 5/11/2014The special menu for dinner was somewhat 'pricey' and the filet was topped with a 'cocoa' sauce - strange taste. The other menu options were okay, but again, I think this place is pricey for the minimal atomsphere and food. This was my second and probably the last visit.
- MgtgMgtgDined on 5/11/2014We had a wonderful Mother's Day - great waitress, food was terrificSpecial Features:
- Subpar serviceFoodieluvDined on 5/11/2014unimpressed with Da Soli. Not with the food, as it was really good, but the service was subpar. For starters, my wife and I have been here numerous times and even had our rehearsal dinner there. We had the same server and hostess for Mother's Day and I even mentioned it and they did not even say anything nice to us or seem to appreciate the loyal business. An acknowledgement would have been nice particularly since I was bringing my wife there for her 1st Mother's Day, another milestone event. We sat at 12:45 and we did not get our lunch until after 2pm and they were not crowded. By the time the entree came we were ready to leave and couldn't really enjoy it. Heads up Da Soli. Your great food gets lost with subpar service and ambience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- thezVIPDined on 5/4/2014food always great.. service always great. specials always great. everything was great, EXCEPT FOR THE BABY THAT CRIED THE ENTIRE TIME !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food2eatVIPDined on 5/3/2014We keep coming back for the food. Noise level is deafening at times because some parties of 4 or more always have one or two people that have to yell at each other to talk! We had a table behind us with a boisterous man!
- BabzVIPDined on 4/26/2014Great neighborhood find. Not fussy, good fresh food and decent variety. Will def go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always deliciousMisslolaDined on 4/25/2014This place is one of our favorites. The food is always delicious. The short rib as usual was fantastic. He has the pasta bolognese and that was delicious too. We started with Caesar salads, which are great here. We have been here numerous times over the years and never had a bad meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with the girlsNancyDined on 4/10/2014Did a tour of Haddonfield then had lunch here with the girls. Great food and service. All are looking forward to returning to this little hidden gem for dinner sometime soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The owner/chef was great,ekervDined on 3/28/2014The owner/chef was great, loved the special squash blossom app and short ribs. The downside was the server. He was AWFUL, rude and borderline insulting. Everyone received this special beverage at the end of the meal, and it was not offered to us. My husband asked if we could try some, and the server never brought. Regret the generous tip. On the way out the server saw us outside and snickered when my husband mentioned we never received the beverage. He has no place working with the public! I am a restaurant manager and this server wouldn't last a week with that attitude. He ruined our experience. Also, my husband did not like his entree, told the server, did not eat it and yet it was left on the bill. This is bad business...
- DisappointedLuv2dineDined on 3/21/2014Was referred by a friend, which talked highly of the restaurant. We were very excited to go to this restaurant for my husbands . The hostess was not friendly. The pasta was over cooked and over priced. We were very disappointed in the service and meals. We would not recommend this restaurant.
- Da Soli was Da Bomb and a BYOB too!GriffDined on 3/20/2014We recently tried Da Soli for the first time during SJ Hot Chefs week. It's in a great location, with plenty of parking. We only got to experience the tasting menu, but it was very good. We're looking forward to returning to try the full menu. Our server was great, and very attentive. We had read a few comments about the noise level, but despite the acoustics, it really wasn't that bad. We're looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Da SoliOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/18/2014Everything was amazing! I have been to Da Soli in the past and decided to bring friends from out of town. The food was wonderful!!!!! (as always) The service was above great. I highly recommend to anyone looking for great food and staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so good.live2eatDined on 3/18/2014I usually have very good dinners here. There was 8 of us this night. Some of us had to send food back because it was either overcooked or undercooked. I could not eat my dinner because it was first undercooked. I asked to have it cook alittle more, but when I received it back, unfortunately it was overcooked. It was an off night for the restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- ITALIAN FAVORITESElizabethDined on 3/16/2014Da Soli never disappoints. It's rustic ambiance is a perfect setting to enjoy old Italian favorites as well as more contemporary cuisine. The stuffed zucchini blossom was tender and delicate with delicious flavor. The grilled salmon with a fig/balsamic reduction was beautifully presented with wilted spinach and the creamiest risotto we've ever tasted. The service is always excellent and Mark visits each table to add that extra touch of welcome and attention. Great spot for a quiet dinner for two, a night out with other couples, or a girls' night out!!!Special Features:
- First timersOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2014Loved this place!! Will definitely be returning! Food was great and our server was wonderful. A great find!Special Features:
- Service was very slow. TablesOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/8/2014Service was very slow. Tables are too close-had to squeeze into our seats. The very loud people behind me were literally yelling in my ear and with a large group seated on the other side making tons of noise, we could barely hear our 2 sons talking with us. Took at least 15 minutes just to get our dessert. The food was good but all in all an unpleasant experience. Will not go back
- Deliziosa!SHG224VIPDined on 3/6/2014This Center City snob had heard a lot of good things about this "shopping center" restaurant, but didn't believe it would be worth the trip over the bridge. I was wrong! What a gem Da Soli is! The food was inspired and you could taste the freshness--and that was for lunch on a Thursday! The crab soup, the artichoke appetizer, the bronzino over risotto-- all sublime! Service was friendly, professional and paced perfectly. And though I didn't have dessert, the selection was impressive. Given the other courses, and the bread, my bet is that the desserts would be delicious, too. I'll be back!Special Features:
- You need to do something aboutsusanVIPDined on 3/1/2014You need to do something about deadening the sound in the room. You have to yell to talk to people at your table, which takes away from any enjoyment of the good food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Below AveragetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/28/2014Only go part is we were seated promptly. Food was bland almost burnt. Filet tasted like it came out of a crock pot. Did not think there was anything cutting edge about their food. So loud we couldn't even hear the specials. Would never recommend.
- Great experiencegailVIPDined on 2/28/2014Friday was an end to a very hectic week. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT mealsnowdogVIPDined on 2/22/2014We had dinner at DaSoli last Saturday night. Our food was very good as was the service! The place is small...we sat downstairs, and I would like to try upstairs next time we go. THere were only 2 of us and most of the downstairs tables seemed to be for larger parties, so it was just a little bit loud, but still very nice. We would absolutely go back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Solid outing!markdimoDined on 2/22/2014We've been here many times. However, we can't recall the last time we ordered off the regular menu. The specials are always great, in particular the sea bass this time was perfect. Seems to be always busy; reservations on weekends would be recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Da Soli...Da Delicious!JerseygirlfromCHVIPDined on 2/20/2014Wow. As a seasoned south jersey diner, I expected the average Italian strip mall fare when we made the reservation. Da Soli was a delightful surprise. Everything we ate was delicious from the bread, to the soup to the amazing pork chop. Oh, and the gnudi! Obviously family run, as the family was there and happily circulating around the dining room, there was a warm welcome neighborhood vibe. Despite the large party upstairs, our food was perfectly prepared. The only exception, the Caesar salad could have been better, less creamy dressing, maybe a bit more authentic. But certainly edible. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy DinersdatenightdinerDined on 2/16/2014My boyfriend and I went here for a nice Sunday date night dinner. Neither of us had ever been but i did some research on local places and the reviews made me want to try this place out. I'd have to say, i'm glad we did. The waitress recommended the appetizer of the Risotto balls. Awesome. For dinner I had the special of the filet, with broccoli rabe and mashed potato's. It was delicous and done right. Cut like "buttah" as he said. My guy had the 'Salmone Con Fico' He liked it and of course I tried it. I was happy with my choice. It's not that the Salmon wasn't good, the fig preserve reminded me of the inside of a fig newton, but hot. Which isn't a bad thing, but it's not something I'd order. No dessert for us. All in all a nice time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Da Soli was outstanding! IOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2014Da Soli was outstanding! I have not had such a great meal in a long time! We ordered pasta and pork chops and an antipasti salad and everything was delicious! It's a BYOB so don't forget your wine!:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014The food was very good, but I wouldn't say it was anything special. The prices are reasonable, so I would say it's a good value. I do love the setup of the restaurant and it's a great place for a romantic evening.Special Features:
- Highly recommend !!!JoeGVIPDined on 2/14/2014My wife and I went here for Valentine's Day. We shared an app, the gnocchi with sea bass, mushrooms and tomatoes. It was something different we thought we would try and it was delicious! I had the short rib and my wife had the pom filet. Both were amazing! We are def. adding Da Soli to the list of our BYOB's!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointed!disappointedVIPDined on 2/8/2014We have been coming to this restaurant since it opened and continued to do so because the food is delicious. We have even brought them many new customers. However, on Saturday night we had a res for 8:00 got their a few minutes before to find a huge line, no place to wait. We waited out in the cold hallway for almost 30 minutes. Then waited 15 min to get water and awful bread, while people around us were served. When our meals came an hour after we got there people that were seated were getting their checks. Also, when food arrived it was cold. Doubt we'll go back.
- Satuday night specialPaulnDebDined on 2/8/2014The food and service were both top notch! We both had a superb experience and will be sure to recommend Da Soli to family and friends. We will return for more!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the waitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/1/2014Despite having reservations, we had a half hour wait for our table. However, the food and the service made up for the wait. Our server, Sheri, was very attentive. The food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.