260 Sixth Ave.
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dasilvano.com/
- Phone: 2129822343
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Silvano Marchetto
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Da Silvano can host private parties for up to 100 in our Da Silvano Cantinetta space next door.
- Private Party Contact: Da Silvano 2129822343
- Cross Street: Houston
- Public Transit: West 4th Street Subway
Houston Street Subway Lines 1,9
Bleecker Street Subway Lines 4,5,6
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is street parking sometimes available in our area. In addition, there are several garages nearby. We recommend the garage on West 3rd Street in between Macdougal Street and Sixth Avenue.
A word from Da Silvano
Da Silvano has been one of New York's top Italian restaurants since it opened its doors on May 1st, 1975. Chef & owner Silvano Marchetto has made it a place to see and be seen while enjoying a menu featuring true Tuscan cuisine side by side with innovative culinary creations. You can also enjoy sidewalk cafe dining in the heart of Greenwich Village; home to the best people watching in the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Da Silvano reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (54)neighborhood gem (32)fit for foodies (30)special occasion (25)romantic (23)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (16)hot spot (16)great for brunch (14)good for groups (13)late-night find (12)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (4)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Ten points for waitersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014They try to do their best to make you feel comfortable. The owner cero pointsSpecial Features:
- great ItaliantwirlerDined on 8/22/2014octopus salad was to die for, and our main meals were excellentSpecial Features:
- Repeat diners are disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/22/2014Our sixth or seventh time, we found the veal tonnato very overlooked and chewy drowning in the sauce. The service was absent even though we were sitting right outside the front door. The Contadina was very good as usual.
- Fantastic RestaurantNena12Dined on 8/15/2014The food was delicious! Does anything else matter? It was reasonably priced for a nice night out with your special someone. The service was amazing and well worth every penny. I can not wait to be in New York again to eat here once again!Special Features:
- Extremely disappointed!luv2eatDined on 8/8/2014I was really looking forward to some good authentic Italian food. I've seen several celebrities shown dinging here. The staff was slow and inattentive. The place was empty (literally). The food was bland. The only good thing was the mojito. It was delicious. However they served it with no straw and we had to ask 4 different servers to bring us a straw until someone finally brought us a beverage straw not a cocktail straw. Then we ordered a second mojito because we liked the first one so much and the next one was disgusting and nothing like the first one. Don't waste your time here. There are plenty of Italian restaurants in NYC that would be much better
- Another fun afternoon at Da SilvanoOpenTableDinerVIPDined on 8/3/2014We had one more fun afternoon at Da Silvano. Our meal was awesome, as always. I really love the Panzanella salad in the summer and the Veal Ortolana is excellent too. He always changes the menu specials with whatever is new and fresh, so you have lots of choices. For dessert, try the Bongo Bongo. It's a must. The service is professional and smart and the atmosphere is perfect. Da Silvano has been a New York institution since it opened in 1975 and it's one of the greatest.Special Features:
- very mediocre!laurentDined on 7/31/2014great sidewalk, crisp service, but bar pitti is better and next doorSpecial Features:
- A gemPatsyDined on 7/30/2014Beautiful outdoor setting, exceptional service, great food, and wine to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I can't say enough about Da SilvanoOpenTableDinerVIPDined on 7/28/2014I LOVE DA SILVANO! I've been coming here since I was young and I just love it here. Silvano is almost always around to entertain you. The sidewalk view is some of the greatest people watching in New York. The food is fresh and top quality. It's my favorite place anywhere to have a great lunch. It's not cheap but it's well worth every penny. It's no wonder that he's been successful since 1975!Special Features:
- Always a delightTomCDined on 7/27/2014Da Silvano is a wonderful Italian restaurant in a city of outstanding Italian restaurants.Special Features:
- Excellent MealJHHESQDined on 7/21/2014Service was exceptional and food really delicious.Special Features:
- little to choose from ...piermontDined on 7/20/2014the menu is limited and very pricey. the day, Sunday was outside dining because of the beautiful weather.Special Features:
- FoodloverVIPDined on 7/12/2014Food is like being in Italy. Highly recommend. Great in the summer for outside dining.Special Features:
- Old favoritetropicalgirlDined on 6/25/2014First time in a few years since we've been to Da Silvano and I thought it might be time to revisit. We chose to sit inside in the a/c and there were only one or two other tables occupied (we were rather early at 6:30) and it was delightfully quiet with some nice music in the background. The service was wonderful-attentive and with some wonderful suggestions. As we've always found, the food is fresh and simple-ingredient driven rather than smothered. The wine list is a good one and all in all it was a delight to be back. Da Silvano has been in the same spot for about 40 years and it always pleases.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous neighborhood gemLisaBDined on 6/21/2014Da Silvano is the perfect spot for outdoor dining, people watching and friendly staff! Great neighborhood gem! Everything from the calamari appetizer, salads, yummy pasta dishes to the superb tiramasu was delicious, delicious, delicious! We will definitely be back next visit to NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adore2eatDined on 6/21/2014We were not overly impressed,considering all of the positive reviews. The food was just okay and the waiter got our order mixed up.When we arrived there is was a sunny day and we headed for a table on the sidewalk..suddenly the owner started yelling at the waiter about not letting us sit there as he had to get a hose under the street to wash a car! Made a big fuss...not cool.The restaurant called Villagio on the park was far superior,and prices could certainly compete.Special Features:
- Da SilvanoAnneVIPDined on 6/15/2014We wanted to go here for years, and just never got around to it. But good things come to those who wait. Fantastic waiter, excellent food (and there were 5 of us), no rushing, just a great dinner for father's day/birthday.Special Features:
- OK not greatehnycDined on 6/15/2014Hadn't been to Da Silvano for awhile, usually go to Bar Pitti next door. Everything was OK, but food just wasn't that great- and certainly not better than next door. Will stick with Bar Pitti, Da Silvano was a little overpriced -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShontoVIPDined on 6/12/2014My favorite Italian restaurant in NYC. The owner is fantastic and it is very authentic Tuscan food. Felt like I was back in Italy.Special Features:
- AmazingCanadafoodieDined on 6/7/2014We dined at Da Salvino on Saturday night. The menu and specials provided so many tempting options. Food was amazing and service was great. I especially loved the octopus salad! The pasta had wonderful flavors and everything was very fresh. Will absolutely returnSpecial Features:
- Authentic Tuscan FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Outstanding food. Very attentive service. Excellent menu with Tuscan choices. No chicken parm here! Osso bucco and risotto delicious. Heirloom tomato and burrata app was chosen by many diners was great. Very fresh ingredients. Silvano was there all evening to make sure things went well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+++OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/4/2014Da Silvano is an overall amazing dining experience. Attentive & Knowledgeable staff. And the food is to die for. We had the beef carpaccio, bruchetta and rigatoni focaccia. Everything was delicious! I highly recommend the rigatoni as a pasta dish. Will definitely be coming back again and again.Special Features:
- PERFETTOOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014E silvano vi fa sentire a casa.... cibo è eccellente, il personale non poteva essere migliore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an iconOverdinedExecVIPDined on 5/29/2014I don't care what anyone else says about Da Silvano, it remains a NYC must and the quality of the food and service is outstanding. I love the simplicity of their dishes and their careful selection of quality ingredients is evident. Mr. Marchetta is a real gentleman. The only advice I'd extend is be prepared to be somewhat crowded depending on where you are seated, but trust me, there's so many interesting people dining here its not bad to chat with your neighboring diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosie1Dined on 5/28/2014I loved the food and loved the service, I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Beautiful dinnerManhattaniteDined on 5/28/2014Great service and food made to order. Great choices and extensive menu Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A seasoned favoritethoughtfuldinerDined on 5/22/2014Da Silvano remains a remarkably wonderful dining experience after so many years of existence! The only real issue with going there is a somewhat snobbish attitude if perhaps you are not a regular. When my guest and I arrived with a confirmed reservation we were initially shown a table near the entry in the first room -as if we had walked in with no reservation - and the larger more elegant formal dining room inside was empty. After protesting slightly we were then able to choose a table in the inside dining room and the rest of the evening was fine. This slight 'attitude' on arrival may be part of New York dining at the in places but the really elegant and civilized places transcend it!Special Features:
- barbOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014The food at Da Silvano was excellent. Fresh fish cooked to perfection! The people watching was just as appealling! Great restaurant in a great neighborhood!Special Features:
- One of the best secrets in NYTruebirdDined on 5/11/2014Been going to this restaurant since early 90s. It has never failed to be the best.Special Features:
- DisappointingTTOTDined on 5/9/2014Given their reputation and reviews, had expected a more pleasant experience. Very noisy. Wait staff seemed confused and inattentive. Food quality mixed. Appetizers were great, entrees were mediocre. Compared to other classic Italian restaurants, I feel like I paid about twice what it was worth.
- Like Being In ItalyQuietFoodieDined on 5/8/2014I read about Da Silvano while thumbing through a magazine in a waiting room. Having lived in Italy for several years, I decided to try it when I was next in New York. It not only fulfilled but exceeded my expectations. The grilled shrimp appetizer was light and delicious. The tagliatelle alla Bolognese was one of the best pasta dishes I have ever had -- true homemade Italian, reminding me of the pasta sauces I so enjoyed in small hillside communities in Tuscany and Umbria. I topped it all off with what the menu calls "Bongo Bongo" but what is in fact the most delicious profiterole dessert I've had in a long time. I'll come back often to Da Silvano.Special Features:
- I LOVE DA SILVANO!OpenTableDinerVIPDined on 5/7/2014I love Da Silvano! Always great in every way. The atmosphere, service and food are top quality. During this meal we tried the Sauteed Fiddleheads. They were great! Thank you Silvano for another great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 203 reviews are from the Da Silvano reviews archive.
- dinedplentyVIPDined on 4/30/2014Perhaps it was the weather and thus not too many people out, but I found the place rather dead . . even though a good number of guests there. I had heard the atmosphere was lively and fun, and I just didn't get that vibe. Food was certainly good, wine overpriced. Not any place I'd run back to.
- Excellent food, great crowdSTKMidtownDinnerVIPDined on 4/25/2014The only things holding me from giving Da Silvano 5 stars: Our 8pm reservation was put off because there wasn't a table ready for us. We weren't seated until 8:15pm. Isn't the point of having a reservation that they have a table prepped for you at the time you specify? There is no where to wait. The "bar" is in a separate building and is TINY. Also, when we called to confirm our reservation, the man (owner?) on the phone was VERY rude and angry that we booked through OT and not directly through the rest. The food was PHENOMENAL. The wine was mediocre. Five of us got five different glasses and almost all tasted like the bottles had been open for a week. The DESSERTS were TO DIE FOR. Must try the chocolate souffle and the Panna Cotta.Special Features:
- A waste of moneyeaterouterDined on 4/19/2014The prices are high. They let crying babies in and young children. Very touristy. Tight seating. Definitely a restaurant to not go to if you want a lovely meal. The food was not good also.Special Features:
- Disappointing and ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/18/2014Had regularly eaten at restaurant for over ten years but hadn't been back in the last five years. Found the food to be disappointing. Pasta dishes were clearly appetizer size but waiter neglected to tell those in our party that they were - result being that two left table hungry. Always was expensive but quality of food and service made up for it - not this time! Don't think I will return again.
- We went back!FlipfeetDined on 4/9/2014We were in NY for 11 nights. We booked Da Silvano based on online recommendations and it did not disappoint. When we had a problem another night at another venue, we rang them, they got us in and we had another superb meal. The wine list is very good and reasonably priced. The eggplant parma the best I have ever had. Reasonably priced too.Special Features:
- Girl's night outlisaDined on 4/5/2014absolutely loved it! cute restaurant, not too big not too small not too loud, but not quiet and stuffy either. we sat at a round table right in the front and the service and food for both impeccable! would definitely go there again!Special Features:
- UnbelievableGirls4Dined on 4/5/2014We come to This restaurant EVERY time we are in NY - have not even tried any others! Wish lasagna was a constant on the menu because there is no better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Great place to go when you are a first timer in NYC!!!Special Features: