260 Sixth Ave.
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dasilvano.com/
- Phone: 2129822343
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Silvano Marchetto
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Da Silvano can host private parties for up to 100 in our Da Silvano Cantinetta space next door.
- Private Party Contact: Da Silvano 2129822343
- Cross Street: Houston
- Public Transit: West 4th Street Subway
Houston Street Subway Lines 1,9
Bleecker Street Subway Lines 4,5,6
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is street parking sometimes available in our area. In addition, there are several garages nearby. We recommend the garage on West 3rd Street in between Macdougal Street and Sixth Avenue.
A word from Da Silvano
Da Silvano has been one of New York's top Italian restaurants since it opened its doors on May 1st, 1975. Chef & owner Silvano Marchetto has made it a place to see and be seen while enjoying a menu featuring true Tuscan cuisine side by side with innovative culinary creations. You can also enjoy sidewalk cafe dining in the heart of Greenwich Village; home to the best people watching in the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Da Silvano - Best Restaurants in Greenwich Village ›
Da Silvano reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (43)neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (23)notable wine list (17)romantic (14)hot spot (14)special occasion (13)great for lunch (12)good for groups (11)late-night find (7)great for brunch (7)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Worth a return meal!FoodieDined on 10/11/2014Lovely space. Great artwork on the walls. The food was excellent - tortellini alla panna, tagliatelle alla bolognese, ossobuco. The espresso tasted burnt. The service was perfect. I loved our waiter, Nicolo.Special Features:
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/9/2014We had a wonderful experience here. The food, ambiance and service was incredibly accommodating.Special Features:
- service is decliningloudwaitersVIPDined on 10/3/2014This was our second recent visit to a restaurant that we have been to many times over many year stretching back to the 80's. The food is still good but the service has really declined. One member of our party on our last visit received the wrong appetizer and main course. On the previous visit at an outside table, several waiters stood near our table and engaged in a very loud conversation - we had to ask them to move TWICE! It's a shame to see this happening.Special Features:
- Unfortunately a noisy & smelly dayGromDined on 9/30/2014We'd looked much forward to our lunch at Silvanos, so we stayed there even though the air was heavy from smog from the truck doing something just outside the door. Luckily it took of after a while. The service was great and the food very nice, and Silvano himself came by the table to say hi. Very nice as we have his cookbook at home. All in all we enjoyed our lunch and were glad that we stayed. I hope, though, that they don't have trucks working outside every day, it did not add to the great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointedHD18Dined on 9/22/2014Pretty empty at 8 pm on a Monday was hoping it filled up but never did... Gnocchi was over cooked... Out of our first choice of bottle of wine.. Dessert was ok but restaurant didn't even offer a dessert wine...
- Always OutstandingRoux58Dined on 9/16/2014Our go to restaurant that has been fabulous for years.Special Features:
- A nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Food, wine and service were excellent. Recommend but will need reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience, but TOO expensiveLindieDined on 9/12/2014I was excited to return to Da Silvano after having been there many years ago. I first discovered arugula there, so I, my son and his girlfriend all ordered the arugula salad. It wasn't good-nothing but grocery packaged baby arugula with a $3.00 extra charge for shaved parmesan! My eggplant parm ($16.50) was a small over-sauced casserole. My son was disappointed with his pasta (lamb and something ??) and his girlfriend's ravioli consisted of too few of them...The dessert, drinks and wine, however, were great, the ambience was lovely (we had a table inside, but right near the open window so we could enjoy the breeze and the passing street life, and the waiter was especially friendly.Special Features:
- always goodluv2eatDined on 9/9/2014would recommend all the time ... reliable , great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a kindtwofourtalkVIPDined on 9/7/2014Silvano is a showman, the place is relaxed but elegant, like a private club in Rome..and the food is great.Special Features:
- LikestoeatVIPDined on 9/3/2014Food was good, so is service, outdoor dining is the draw in summer.Special Features:
- Exactly what we were hoping for!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Patio dining with outstanding, friendly service which is hard to come by in NY. The food and wine were divine. A little pricey, but definitely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ten points for waitersSpainDined on 8/28/2014They try to do their best to make you feel comfortable. The owner cero pointsSpecial Features:
- Friendly & Great FoodTessDined on 8/28/2014Food was so fresh and delish, service was friendly and seemless. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- great ItaliantwirlerDined on 8/22/2014octopus salad was to die for, and our main meals were excellentSpecial Features:
- Repeat diners are disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/22/2014Our sixth or seventh time, we found the veal tonnato very overlooked and chewy drowning in the sauce. The service was absent even though we were sitting right outside the front door. The Contadina was very good as usual.
- Fantastic RestaurantNena12Dined on 8/15/2014The food was delicious! Does anything else matter? It was reasonably priced for a nice night out with your special someone. The service was amazing and well worth every penny. I can not wait to be in New York again to eat here once again!Special Features:
- Extremely disappointed!luv2eatDined on 8/8/2014I was really looking forward to some good authentic Italian food. I've seen several celebrities shown dinging here. The staff was slow and inattentive. The place was empty (literally). The food was bland. The only good thing was the mojito. It was delicious. However they served it with no straw and we had to ask 4 different servers to bring us a straw until someone finally brought us a beverage straw not a cocktail straw. Then we ordered a second mojito because we liked the first one so much and the next one was disgusting and nothing like the first one. Don't waste your time here. There are plenty of Italian restaurants in NYC that would be much better
- Another fun afternoon at Da SilvanoOpenTableDinerVIPDined on 8/3/2014We had one more fun afternoon at Da Silvano. Our meal was awesome, as always. I really love the Panzanella salad in the summer and the Veal Ortolana is excellent too. He always changes the menu specials with whatever is new and fresh, so you have lots of choices. For dessert, try the Bongo Bongo. It's a must. The service is professional and smart and the atmosphere is perfect. Da Silvano has been a New York institution since it opened in 1975 and it's one of the greatest.Special Features:
- very mediocre!laurentDined on 7/31/2014great sidewalk, crisp service, but bar pitti is better and next doorSpecial Features:
- A gemPatsyDined on 7/30/2014Beautiful outdoor setting, exceptional service, great food, and wine to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I can't say enough about Da SilvanoOpenTableDinerVIPDined on 7/28/2014I LOVE DA SILVANO! I've been coming here since I was young and I just love it here. Silvano is almost always around to entertain you. The sidewalk view is some of the greatest people watching in New York. The food is fresh and top quality. It's my favorite place anywhere to have a great lunch. It's not cheap but it's well worth every penny. It's no wonder that he's been successful since 1975!Special Features:
- Always a delightTomCDined on 7/27/2014Da Silvano is a wonderful Italian restaurant in a city of outstanding Italian restaurants.Special Features:
- Excellent MealJHHESQDined on 7/21/2014Service was exceptional and food really delicious.Special Features:
- little to choose from ...piermontDined on 7/20/2014the menu is limited and very pricey. the day, Sunday was outside dining because of the beautiful weather.Special Features:
- FoodloverVIPDined on 7/12/2014Food is like being in Italy. Highly recommend. Great in the summer for outside dining.Special Features:
- The following 222 reviews are from the Da Silvano reviews archive.
- Old favoritetropicalgirlDined on 6/25/2014First time in a few years since we've been to Da Silvano and I thought it might be time to revisit. We chose to sit inside in the a/c and there were only one or two other tables occupied (we were rather early at 6:30) and it was delightfully quiet with some nice music in the background. The service was wonderful-attentive and with some wonderful suggestions. As we've always found, the food is fresh and simple-ingredient driven rather than smothered. The wine list is a good one and all in all it was a delight to be back. Da Silvano has been in the same spot for about 40 years and it always pleases.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous neighborhood gemLisaBDined on 6/21/2014Da Silvano is the perfect spot for outdoor dining, people watching and friendly staff! Great neighborhood gem! Everything from the calamari appetizer, salads, yummy pasta dishes to the superb tiramasu was delicious, delicious, delicious! We will definitely be back next visit to NYC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- adore2eatDined on 6/21/2014We were not overly impressed,considering all of the positive reviews. The food was just okay and the waiter got our order mixed up.When we arrived there is was a sunny day and we headed for a table on the sidewalk..suddenly the owner started yelling at the waiter about not letting us sit there as he had to get a hose under the street to wash a car! Made a big fuss...not cool.The restaurant called Villagio on the park was far superior,and prices could certainly compete.Special Features:
- Da SilvanoAnneVIPDined on 6/15/2014We wanted to go here for years, and just never got around to it. But good things come to those who wait. Fantastic waiter, excellent food (and there were 5 of us), no rushing, just a great dinner for father's day/birthday.Special Features:
- OK not greatehnycDined on 6/15/2014Hadn't been to Da Silvano for awhile, usually go to Bar Pitti next door. Everything was OK, but food just wasn't that great- and certainly not better than next door. Will stick with Bar Pitti, Da Silvano was a little overpriced -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ShontoVIPDined on 6/12/2014My favorite Italian restaurant in NYC. The owner is fantastic and it is very authentic Tuscan food. Felt like I was back in Italy.Special Features:
- AmazingCanadafoodieDined on 6/7/2014We dined at Da Salvino on Saturday night. The menu and specials provided so many tempting options. Food was amazing and service was great. I especially loved the octopus salad! The pasta had wonderful flavors and everything was very fresh. Will absolutely returnSpecial Features:
- Authentic Tuscan FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Outstanding food. Very attentive service. Excellent menu with Tuscan choices. No chicken parm here! Osso bucco and risotto delicious. Heirloom tomato and burrata app was chosen by many diners was great. Very fresh ingredients. Silvano was there all evening to make sure things went well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+++OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/4/2014Da Silvano is an overall amazing dining experience. Attentive & Knowledgeable staff. And the food is to die for. We had the beef carpaccio, bruchetta and rigatoni focaccia. Everything was delicious! I highly recommend the rigatoni as a pasta dish. Will definitely be coming back again and again.Special Features:
- PERFETTOOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014E silvano vi fa sentire a casa.... cibo è eccellente, il personale non poteva essere migliore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always an iconOverdinedExecVIPDined on 5/29/2014I don't care what anyone else says about Da Silvano, it remains a NYC must and the quality of the food and service is outstanding. I love the simplicity of their dishes and their careful selection of quality ingredients is evident. Mr. Marchetta is a real gentleman. The only advice I'd extend is be prepared to be somewhat crowded depending on where you are seated, but trust me, there's so many interesting people dining here its not bad to chat with your neighboring diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rosie1Dined on 5/28/2014I loved the food and loved the service, I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Beautiful dinnerManhattaniteDined on 5/28/2014Great service and food made to order. Great choices and extensive menu Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A seasoned favoritethoughtfuldinerDined on 5/22/2014Da Silvano remains a remarkably wonderful dining experience after so many years of existence! The only real issue with going there is a somewhat snobbish attitude if perhaps you are not a regular. When my guest and I arrived with a confirmed reservation we were initially shown a table near the entry in the first room -as if we had walked in with no reservation - and the larger more elegant formal dining room inside was empty. After protesting slightly we were then able to choose a table in the inside dining room and the rest of the evening was fine. This slight 'attitude' on arrival may be part of New York dining at the in places but the really elegant and civilized places transcend it!Special Features: