260 Sixth Ave.
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dasilvano.com/
- Phone: (212) 982-2343
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm,
Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 11:30pm,
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Silvano Marchetto
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Da Silvano can host private parties for up to 100 in our Da Silvano Cantinetta space next door.
- Private Party Contact: Da Silvano 2129822343
- Cross Street: Houston
- Public Transit: West 4th Street Subway
Houston Street Subway Lines 1,9
Bleecker Street Subway Lines 4,5,6
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: There is street parking sometimes available in our area. In addition, there are several garages nearby. We recommend the garage on West 3rd Street in between Macdougal Street and Sixth Avenue.
A word from Da Silvano
Da Silvano has been one of New York's top Italian restaurants since it opened its doors on May 1st, 1975. Chef & owner Silvano Marchetto has made it a place to see and be seen while enjoying a menu featuring true Tuscan cuisine side by side with innovative culinary creations. You can also enjoy sidewalk cafe dining in the heart of Greenwich Village; home to the best people watching in the city.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Da Silvano reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (48)neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (38)hot spot (22)special occasion (21)notable wine list (21)great for lunch (18)romantic (17)good for groups (16)great for brunch (12)late-night find (11)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Artistically presented and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2014Everything was wonderful from the minute you sat down. Even the cappuccino was artistically prepared and beautiful. Delicious as always. They accommodate any request and do it beautifully. One of my favorites in the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousRandomAfficionadoVIPDined on 11/17/2014This place is a gem. The food was delicious and staff knowledgeable, while it was not crowded or loud. The pasta is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bucket List New YorkBucketlistNewYorkVIPDined on 11/14/2014This is an absolute neighborhood gem. If you're looking for a delicious, yet low key dinner - this is your spot. It has really fresh vegetables and fantastic pastas! This is a Greenwich Village staple that you definitely need to try at some point. For pictures of my dining adventures, visit @bucketlistNY on instagram.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad resturantsuperestDined on 11/9/2014Bad pasta, sausage in little pieces,noise level very high, waiter tried to push all the expensive dishes. Would never go back
- Beautiful truffle dishes at Da SilvanoOpenTableDinerVIPDined on 11/9/2014We had some beautiful white truffle dishes at Da Silvano. The Burrata with white truffles is not to be missed. Also, I just love a simple pasta with truffles and they do it oh so well. As always, great service, great food and great environment. Thank you Silvano for another enjoyable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Restaurant..winetimeVIPDined on 11/7/2014My husband and I had dined about a month back and had such a lovely experience we we went back last week! (and thats a far trip from Northern Westchester). The first visit my husband had the octopus special and I had the burrata appetizer.. dinner was the gnocchi and mine was this amazing langostine pasta special. I have to say both meals were exquisite. Their sauces for the dishes are not your average italian that you can find down the street. And the waiters were all so attentive. We went back last week with some friends and we had just as a good time, fabulous food and they also sent us complimentary after-dinner drinks and a house dessert. Service was again on point and we were well taken care of. We will certainly be back !Special Features:
- Pre-NYC Marathon dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014Needed to do some carb loading before the NYC Marathon and I'm so happy we chose Da Silvano's. All 5 of us ordered a different pasta dinner and all were amazing. Our waiter was very friendly and courteous. The owner kept visiting our table and even served my dessert! We will definitely be back next time we visit New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/1/2014A longtime Village standby with superb, interesting northern Italian fare
- JimmypizzaDined on 10/29/2014Was very impressed with workers being helpful and observant. Overall the food was just ok. My fish was fresh ,expensive and tasteless. The two girls I was with said their pasta dishes were a 7 out of 10. Overall glad I finally got to try this place but food nothing special to rush me backSpecial Features:
- dorothee1Dined on 10/27/2014it is white truffles season love to be in an italian restaurant owned by italian where the atmosphere is great and food is just right one of my places in SohoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ExperienceJudiDined on 10/24/2014This is the first time here and it was a memorable dining experience from the moment we walked in. The staff was friendly, and attentive. The burrata appetizer was to die for. The atmosphere reminds you of a trattoria in Italy, very vibrant. It was my birthday and presented me with a delicious panna cotta dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Da Silvano ReviewRealNYersReviewsVIPDined on 10/24/2014I always enjoy going to Da Silvano. The servers are pleasant and patient - I never feel rushed. The house red is very good. The food is always excellent. A little pricey but the portions are decent sizes and the quality is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HorridOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/23/2014I wouldn't send my worst enemy to this place. Good luck.
- Truffle season is here...Go get em.OpenTableDinerVIPDined on 10/21/2014It's Truffle season and Da Silvano is one of the greatest places in New York to enjoy them. Head over before the season ends!Special Features:
- I LOVE DA SILVANO...OpenTableDinerVIPDined on 10/19/2014Da Silvano is just perfect. I have written too many reviews to say anymore about this restaurant. It's my favorite and I love every meal there.Special Features:
- Worth a return meal!FoodieDined on 10/11/2014Lovely space. Great artwork on the walls. The food was excellent - tortellini alla panna, tagliatelle alla bolognese, ossobuco. The espresso tasted burnt. The service was perfect. I loved our waiter, Nicolo.Special Features:
- It's just perfect...OpenTableDinerVIPDined on 10/11/2014Da Silvano is just perfect. I have written too many reviews to say anymore about this restaurant. It's my favorite and I love every meal there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/9/2014We had a wonderful experience here. The food, ambiance and service was incredibly accommodating.Special Features:
- service is decliningloudwaitersVIPDined on 10/3/2014This was our second recent visit to a restaurant that we have been to many times over many year stretching back to the 80's. The food is still good but the service has really declined. One member of our party on our last visit received the wrong appetizer and main course. On the previous visit at an outside table, several waiters stood near our table and engaged in a very loud conversation - we had to ask them to move TWICE! It's a shame to see this happening.Special Features:
- Unfortunately a noisy & smelly dayGromDined on 9/30/2014We'd looked much forward to our lunch at Silvanos, so we stayed there even though the air was heavy from smog from the truck doing something just outside the door. Luckily it took of after a while. The service was great and the food very nice, and Silvano himself came by the table to say hi. Very nice as we have his cookbook at home. All in all we enjoyed our lunch and were glad that we stayed. I hope, though, that they don't have trucks working outside every day, it did not add to the great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointedHD18Dined on 9/22/2014Pretty empty at 8 pm on a Monday was hoping it filled up but never did... Gnocchi was over cooked... Out of our first choice of bottle of wine.. Dessert was ok but restaurant didn't even offer a dessert wine...
- Always OutstandingRoux58Dined on 9/16/2014Our go to restaurant that has been fabulous for years.Special Features:
- A nice eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Food, wine and service were excellent. Recommend but will need reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience, but TOO expensiveLindieDined on 9/12/2014I was excited to return to Da Silvano after having been there many years ago. I first discovered arugula there, so I, my son and his girlfriend all ordered the arugula salad. It wasn't good-nothing but grocery packaged baby arugula with a $3.00 extra charge for shaved parmesan! My eggplant parm ($16.50) was a small over-sauced casserole. My son was disappointed with his pasta (lamb and something ??) and his girlfriend's ravioli consisted of too few of them...The dessert, drinks and wine, however, were great, the ambience was lovely (we had a table inside, but right near the open window so we could enjoy the breeze and the passing street life, and the waiter was especially friendly.Special Features:
- always goodluv2eatDined on 9/9/2014would recommend all the time ... reliable , great food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a kindtwofourtalkVIPDined on 9/7/2014Silvano is a showman, the place is relaxed but elegant, like a private club in Rome..and the food is great.Special Features:
- LikestoeatVIPDined on 9/3/2014Food was good, so is service, outdoor dining is the draw in summer.Special Features:
- Exactly what we were hoping for!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/29/2014Patio dining with outstanding, friendly service which is hard to come by in NY. The food and wine were divine. A little pricey, but definitely worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ten points for waitersSpainDined on 8/28/2014They try to do their best to make you feel comfortable. The owner cero pointsSpecial Features:
- Friendly & Great FoodTessDined on 8/28/2014Food was so fresh and delish, service was friendly and seemless. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- great ItaliantwirlerDined on 8/22/2014octopus salad was to die for, and our main meals were excellentSpecial Features:
- Repeat diners are disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/22/2014Our sixth or seventh time, we found the veal tonnato very overlooked and chewy drowning in the sauce. The service was absent even though we were sitting right outside the front door. The Contadina was very good as usual.
- Fantastic RestaurantNena12Dined on 8/15/2014The food was delicious! Does anything else matter? It was reasonably priced for a nice night out with your special someone. The service was amazing and well worth every penny. I can not wait to be in New York again to eat here once again!Special Features:
- Extremely disappointed!luv2eatDined on 8/8/2014I was really looking forward to some good authentic Italian food. I've seen several celebrities shown dinging here. The staff was slow and inattentive. The place was empty (literally). The food was bland. The only good thing was the mojito. It was delicious. However they served it with no straw and we had to ask 4 different servers to bring us a straw until someone finally brought us a beverage straw not a cocktail straw. Then we ordered a second mojito because we liked the first one so much and the next one was disgusting and nothing like the first one. Don't waste your time here. There are plenty of Italian restaurants in NYC that would be much better
- Another fun afternoon at Da SilvanoOpenTableDinerVIPDined on 8/3/2014We had one more fun afternoon at Da Silvano. Our meal was awesome, as always. I really love the Panzanella salad in the summer and the Veal Ortolana is excellent too. He always changes the menu specials with whatever is new and fresh, so you have lots of choices. For dessert, try the Bongo Bongo. It's a must. The service is professional and smart and the atmosphere is perfect. Da Silvano has been a New York institution since it opened in 1975 and it's one of the greatest.Special Features:
- very mediocre!laurentDined on 7/31/2014great sidewalk, crisp service, but bar pitti is better and next doorSpecial Features:
- A gemPatsyDined on 7/30/2014Beautiful outdoor setting, exceptional service, great food, and wine to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 227 reviews are from the Da Silvano reviews archive.
- I can't say enough about Da SilvanoOpenTableDinerVIPDined on 7/28/2014I LOVE DA SILVANO! I've been coming here since I was young and I just love it here. Silvano is almost always around to entertain you. The sidewalk view is some of the greatest people watching in New York. The food is fresh and top quality. It's my favorite place anywhere to have a great lunch. It's not cheap but it's well worth every penny. It's no wonder that he's been successful since 1975!Special Features:
- Always a delightTomCDined on 7/27/2014Da Silvano is a wonderful Italian restaurant in a city of outstanding Italian restaurants.Special Features:
- Excellent MealJHHESQDined on 7/21/2014Service was exceptional and food really delicious.Special Features: