Da Noi - Midtown
214 E. 49th Street
New York, NY 10017Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Da Noi - Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://danoinyc.com/
- Phone: 2127545710
- Hours of Operation:
Mon - Fri:11:30AM - 11:30PM
Sat:12:00PM - 12:00AM
Sun:12:00PM - 12:00AM
Sat 3:00PM - 12:00AM
Sun 1:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wine
A word from Da Noi - Midtown
Enter one of our neighborhood restaurants across the metro area and lift your mood no matter the day. Da Noi holds its diners close and keeps life simple. The dining room exemplifies these qualities; dark wood trim contrasts with creamy lemon walls and the open wine racks and cherry wood bar add warmth. Neighborhood sociability is one reason the night is as inviting as the day. The décor and art retain its inviting atmosphere throughout the evening, while the dedicated staff provides you with superb service to compliment the ultimate dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Da Noi - Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (17)special occasion (11)notable wine list (11)good for groups (10)romantic (10)great for lunch (9)hot spot (4)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Not as Good as Previous Visitsmcm1049Dined on 9/10/2014The service is attentive and caring without being bothersome, and although I was initially attracted to Da Noi by the superb food, the food quality has been average or worse for my last two visits. The most recent meal was fish, and the chef's preparation contained so many ingredients (a variety of mushrooms, peppers, onions, capers, lemon, wine, butter, etc.) that the end product tasted like a bad mistake. When added to the poor quality veal chop that I ordered on my last visit, the declining food quality will make me think twice before I return.
- DelicioususqreviewerDined on 9/9/2014Great Italian spot in midtown. Group of six and everyone loved there meals. Waiter was very helpful and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful service and ambianceNickDined on 9/5/2014This was our last night in NYC and I was looking for something a bit low-key. After reading the reviews, I decided to make this our last dinner on our trip. It is a small restaurant but the service was exquisite. He made sure we felt comfortable and we were being taken care of properly throughout the night. The food was good and the atmosphere in the restaurant was romantic. On this night they had a piano player singing some nice songs that helped set the mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014The place was empty but if was the Friday before Labor Day so not surprising. My friend and I loved the food, the impeccable friendly service and the wine. Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/11/2014Staying at the Lexington Hotel on 48th and Lex, I always stop here for dinner. Food is delicious, service wonderful, and prices very reasonable for location and quality.Special Features:
- Great Ambiance, Great ServiceChelalaDined on 8/8/2014Had a great a experience with eating at the Da Noi. Great service, staff very attentive and entertaining. Great decor, ambiance and of course the food. Great find for the midtown area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarcarVIPDined on 8/7/2014Great value for the $25 prefix 3 course lunch in mid-town. Waiters were attentive. Service was quick. My office is few blocks away and would go back again for lunch with co-workers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a very pleasant findfrugalfrancophileDined on 7/28/2014I chose the restaurant at random for meeting a friend for an early dinner and her geographic specification was "east side in the 40s or 50s" - We both like Italian and I saw through Open Table that we could get an early reservation. I arrived first and was warmly welcomed and shown to the table - beverages were offered and a plate of warm snacky bits and bread were brought out. After my friend arrived service continued - attentive and charming. Our starters were both very generous in size, fresh and tasty. Main course portions were also large, nicely presented. The sauce on my ravioli could have used a bit of a spark, but it was pleasant. My glass of wine was also a generous serving. Alas no room for dessert, but we'd come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Very good service. I have allergies and they did all they could to ensure that I had no problems with my choice and it was very good -- delicious. I noticed a small group of out of towners and they did enjoy their meal choices and lingered for a while. When we left,the bar was busy and upbeat. For me, it's a great neighborhood find. And from what we observed it was enjoyable for others as well.Special Features:
- Lovely serviceaNYCgalVIPDined on 7/15/2014You feel at home and the food is good. The bar was active but we sat upstairs and had a lovely evening. Great place for conversation. Tables are placed at good distances. We stayed longer than usual. We felt right at home. Overall I recommend DaNoi and I am picky!!Special Features:
- Wonderful!JRolzDined on 7/11/2014Delicious food, the manager is very friendly and accommodating, great ambiance for a Friday/Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reasonable Priced Italian RestChuckoVIPDined on 7/8/2014This is a very good reasonable priced midtown Italian Restaurant. The stuffed protobello mushroom with wine reduction sauce was very good. I had the Black Linguine with Seafood and it was very tasty and the linguine was cooked properly. My wife had a fish dish was was good. The presentation was excellent. My only complaint would be the selection of lower price wines was minimal.Special Features:
- Great!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/1/2014Was looking for something close to The Lexington and started reading reviews! My wife and I figured it was a great place based on the previous reviews. Staff was great and everything was perfect !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Da Noi, Stai BuonoPorterhousePJCDined on 6/19/2014This is my second time to the restaurant and I was not disappointed. The food was delicious and the service was awesome. I recommend you check it out if your in Midtown and want to experience some good Italian food. You will appreciate it.Special Features:
- A big surpriseLNF1VIPDined on 6/17/2014Needed to find a place convienet to 2 people in the midtown east food wasteland. This place is GREAT and some of the best Italian food I've had in this city in a long time! Family run, all homemde pasta's, interesting 1st courses, good wine list and lovely staff! Was so impressed with the food, taking a client back tomight.Special Features:
- Took A friend for Fathers DayJustsayingDined on 6/15/2014There was an error with the time I booked, they said a table was open at 3:30 but they didn't open till around 4 so we were the only ones in the restaurant. The food was perfect we both had the Chilean sea bass. I was in a rush to leave so can't comment on the dessert but definitely would come back again. Timing is everything and the day got off to a bad start. That said, the restaurant met my expectations and then some. A neighbor told me about it, I only wish I had known sooner. Nice atmosphere and good food and service if my company was better it would have been a perfect experience. Well just sayin"Special Features:
- Excellent experienceJalaDined on 6/14/2014Everything was perfect again at Da Noi, with great service and creative preparations of Italian staples (great risotto) in a lovely room. We can't wait to return to this gem of a restaurant!Special Features:
- Great food!FoodloverDined on 6/9/2014Delicious italian food! Great variety of appetizers and main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliziosoArtlyDined on 6/4/2014In a serene and tranquil atmosphere, warm and welcoming. Selected choices of typical italian specialties, served with quality and atention. A recommend for a lunch or a romantic dinner, watered by fine Italian winesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time there, but not the lastbpanarelVIPDined on 6/2/2014Excellent Italian food and the service was friendly and attentive. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just great. Our first time dinningdjdeanVIPDined on 5/28/2014Great dinner and wonderful service. Enjoyed everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 85 reviews are from the Da Noi - Midtown reviews archive.
- Great good and serviceNotBourdainDined on 5/20/2014Great food and service. We were only table in there noonish, so dead quiet. Must be more of a dinner place. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A terrific restaurantSteveDined on 4/19/2014After reading the great reviews on Open Table, I selected Da Noi for my wife's birthday dinner celebration. The atmosphere was nice, the service was attentive, and the food was fabulous. Overall it was a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun restaurant for a groupDinerVIPDined on 3/27/2014It was noisy, but fun. We enjoyed the amazing service, and the food was good - predictable for Italian. We felt as if we were in Italy with the friendly wait staff. Our group had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentBabetteVIPDined on 3/19/2014Whatever I order is delicious and when I order the same meal at different items I visit the restaurant, it is done to perfection. I just love the stuff shrimp entree.Special Features:
- Good food, great serviceBusinesseaterDined on 3/18/2014This week was my second visit to Da Noi and I enjoyed it as much as the first. For a casual business dinner , it could not have been better The food was good, portions the right size and everyone enjoyed what they ordered. Even better was the service - prompt, friendly but not intrusive and extremely efficient. We were sat next to another group but still not too much noise to carry on a conversation. Overall a great expereince. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this RestaurantAvonDined on 3/12/2014i have always loved this restaurant. The management and staff are very friendly, accommodating, and inviting, and the food........what can I say...simply delicious!!! When I am considering dining out, it is always at the top of my list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/1/2014Very friendly staff, good food prepared exactly as requested. Will go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service chargeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/14/2014Went there for a table of 2, and they added on a gratuity of 20%. They didn't tell me so if I had not caught it I would've tipped extra. That's extremely sneaky in my opinion and enough to make me never go back
- Feb 14PaulDined on 2/14/2014Food was good, desserts were average at best. Surprised a 20% tip was automatically added for a party of 2. After being canceled on twice by the restaurant for larger groups, finally got to go. Not sure I'd repeat .
- Da Noi sent me a confirmationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/13/2014Da Noi sent me a confirmation and a reminder for my reservation. Upon arriving at the restaurant, my wife and I found it to be closed! Very disappointing after travelling 100 miles to be in NYC.
- A party near us had a "meltdown"OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/12/2014A party near us had a "meltdown" caused by too much alcohol. Was unpleasant but staff seemed to handle it. We decided this was still a good restaurant and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real find!JalaDined on 2/1/2014We had a very nice meal with attentive service at a reasonable price Saturday night before heading to the theater. We'll be going back and highly recommend this restaurant and its amiable staff. Bravo.
- Unexpected findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/19/2014What a great restaurant. The food was very good and we loved all the complementary extra side dishes. We had a great time and the best of all was the price. Prices are reasonable for NY, we never expected our dinner will cost us less that hundred dollars!! Thank you for a delicious night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly team and quality foodBostonguyVIPDined on 1/8/2014Picked DaNoi because of good open table reviews and a convenient location. Early 6pm Business dinner with a party of six. Bartender and one of the owners were extremely friendly and made us feel very welcome. Our waiter was very professional and knowledgable about the menu and helped us choose a very good Italian wine at a reasonable price. Food was very good particularly the appetizers, the fish and the veal dishes were all very good. Desserts were nice Italian selections and all of us enjoyed them. It was a weeknight not particularly busy and we stayed as long as we like. Everyone was just as friendly on the way out as when we arrived. I would go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was comfortable,MaryAnnVIPDined on 12/30/2013The restaurant was comfortable, aside from the draft coming from the enclosed patio area. The food was good, nothing spectacular. The small size of the portions for the price was ridiculous. It actually became comical when a 2 x 2 piece of tiramisu was delivered to the table....$9! We are native New Yorkers so we are used to the small portions, but it's acceptable in selective restaurants not a place like Da Noi.
- Fabulous From Start to FinishjazzyjozVIPDined on 12/29/2013We had a great meal from start to finish. Our waiter was very knowledgeable and provided some great suggestions. Our meals were outstanding. We will definitely return the next time we’re in mid-town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Restaurant You Will RememberDoreenMDined on 12/29/2013Chilean Seabass and Angus Steak excellent choices. The Host was hospitable and friendly. Definitely a great place for a small family/friends get-together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbJohnFVIPDined on 12/19/2013This is a great neighborhood gem around the corner from the Lexington hotel. Service was terrific, pleasant, knowledgable and accommodating. Authentic dishes with pleasant atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Da Noi MidtownCamiVIPDined on 12/17/2013We loved Da Noi Midtown; we have been to Da Noi Staten Island, Fingerboard Road several times and have never been disappointed; we feel like family at Da Noi; always greeted like an old friend of the Da Noi family. Food excellent (we love buratta appie), chicken with artichoke a huge hit; likewise shrimp stuffed with crab served with side of spinach linguine. Service by folks who love their jobs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.