Da Mimmo Finest Italian Cuisine
217 South High Street
Baltimore, MD 21202Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Da Mimmo Finest Italian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.damimmo.com/
- Phone: 4107276876
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Italian
- Executive Chef: Masood Masoodi
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Da Mimmo will create a private party, wedding, or Italian Festival complete with bocce court, Italian band, fountains, wine tasting bar and dancing on their tented parking lot that can accommodate up to 800 people.
- Private Party Contact: Mary Ann Cricchio 4107277301
- Entertainment: Entertainment can be enjoyed nightly live in the Celebrity Cocktail Lounge and heard throughout the entire restaurant. Tuesday through Saturday enjoy the mellow sounds of The Jerry & Elsa Burns Duo. On Sunday and Monday listen to your old favorites, as well as contemporary Italian tunes by Aldo Locco from Calabria, Italy. Reservations accepted for the lounge and dining available at the cocktail tables, as well as, the bar.
- Cross Street: Stiles Street
- Public Transit: Da Mimmo can be reached by MTA Bus, the light rail or the subway.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Da Mimmo has a private gated parking lot that can be entered from Albemarle Street. Just press the black button on the call in box and we will let you in. If that parking lot is full, pull around to the front of the restaurant and you will be directed to a second parking lot on the corner of High and Pratt Streets.
A word from Da Mimmo Finest Italian Cuisine
Da Mimmo is a fine dining, five star restaurant. Baltimoreans, as well as celebrities from all over the world consider this establishment the best in Baltimore's Famous Little Italy. Our Celebrity Cocktail Lounge, featuring entertainment nightly, is lined with hundreds of photos of luminaries who have dined at our DiRoNA award-winning restaurant. In 2003, Da Mimmo was inducted into the Hospitality Hall of Honor, the most prestigious award given by the Restaurant Association of MD. In 2007, it was selected by the dining public as Maryland's Favorite Restaurant and in 2006 our Executive Chef was chosen, "Chef of the Year." Zagat named Da Mimmo in 2008, as one of the top 1000 Italian Restaurant in the United States. Specializing in veal, seafood and pasta dishes, our Veal Chop is renowned for more than two decades as, "Baltimore's Best." Complimentary limo service will pick you up from your downtown location and take you back. Let us create an unforgettable dining experience for youContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Da Mimmo Finest Italian Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Little Italy ›
Da Mimmo Finest Italian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
43 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (26)special occasion (25)romantic (21)fit for foodies (17)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (7)good for groups (6)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)vibrant bar scene (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- We'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Found Da Mimmo in 2013, came back on 8/24/14 and we'll go again on our next trip to Baltimore! Intimate setting (quiet and upscale, but not stuffy), wonderful food, friendly staff, great service. The free Towne Car service, round-trip from anywhere downtown, is a nice bonus!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely not 5 StarEatwelDined on 8/23/2014Almost empty on a Saturday night in August. Not a particularly warm atmosphere. Two of us had the sword fish at $48 each plate. Cooked in capers and white wine, what ever else was added made it excessively seasoned, we both agreed. Other two in our party had unremarkable entrees. With a couple glasses of house wine and three desserts for 4 people the bill was $300 without tip. Service was courteous but not great. None of us would return to what was claimed by the manager of the Inner Harbor Marriott as a great restaurant.
- A classic...MikeBDined on 8/23/2014Great location with lots of history and character. Service was outstanding (Justin was very fun, energetic and knowledgable). Food quality was very good but nothing over the top. The eggplant was simply outstadng. Overall a bit pricey.Special Features:
- our recent visitCasseyDined on 8/23/2014This is our first visit to Da Mimmo's and it will not be our last. The waiter was always checking to see if we were happy with the food and did we require anything else. The water Goblets never got down past the half fill line. The Goat Cheese Salad and the Spring baby Spinach salads were very tasty. My wife had the veal chop and she said it was the best she had ever eaten. I had the Veal Saltimbocca and it melted in my mouth. The house Merlot was good as could be expected for a house wine. As you know parking is at a premium in Little Italy===so being able to park on their lot was a bonus. We will not be strangers to Da Mimmo's. lunch time was quiteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrownBrownDined on 8/11/2014Nice local restaurant. Great food- Great Food - Great Food - Excellent ServiceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Da Mimmo - Outstanding All AroundeatingoutfreakDined on 8/9/2014What a wonderful place da Mimmo's is. We arrived a little early and frazzled from a baseball game and then trying to get to the restaurant, and they were wonderful. We were dressed extremely casually, but they invited us in - and I mean heartfelt "inviting" . It was such a beautiful restaurant that we felt very under dressed. Anyway, the decor was beautiful, the service was wonderful - our waiter was the son of one of the owners of this family-owned and operated restaurant! He was friendly, very knowledgeable, and efficient. We were never rushed, and we ate our meals with great satisfaction! We loved it. Very romantic, very lovely...a great experience. We would go again and again, and recommend it to everyone!Special Features:
- best veal marsalaGioandFranVIPDined on 8/8/2014Both my wife and I are Italian and know authentic Italian dishes. The veal marsala was the best I have ever had. The menu was extensive and I wish I had more time to sample other dishes.....this place is incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner was wonderful!foodienutDined on 8/8/2014Wait staff was very professional and attentive. The food was very good but could have used a bit more time between courses. Wine selection is great and atmosphere very pleasant. It was nice to dine in a restaurant where you can have a conversation without shouting over others. I would dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great calamari!!!!SwimmerGirl45Dined on 8/7/2014The service was impeccable but sadly, our orange roughy was less than what I was expecting for a restaurant the caliber of Da Mimmo's. It was a reasonable portion but it sat sadly on the plate with no garnish or veggies. The sauce was ok but again, not great. Our appetizers were very good and the cranberry almond salad was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always get the veal chopcparkVIPDined on 8/4/2014I have been to DaMimmo's several times. I went during restaurant week with my daughter and we both decided to take advantage of the week's specials. We started with the shrimp appetizer and house salads. She had the pasta dish and raved about it and I had my usual veal chop which is a must! The side of broccoli could have been cooked a bit longer for my liking. We ended the meal with sharing a creme carmel which was very good.Special Features:
- Food was impeccableNatAlDined on 8/2/2014Took my parents to Da Mimmo for dinner and it was awesome. Food was delicious, service was great and we had an all around great experience. They course things out very well and it made for a laid back and very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedSBR57VIPDined on 8/1/2014Went for Restaurant Week and maybe that was why the portions were tiny. Appetizer was 2 shrimp. Salad was oversoaked in dressing and was tiny. Main course was 2 very thinly sliced of veal Marsala. My husband had the orange roughy and it was so small that I shared my small serving of veal. We had to ask for bread 3 times and then the waiter wanted to up sale us to the $1.25/slice of garlic bread. We were celebrating a 33rd anniversary and I feel bad that I recommended Da Mimmo's. We all left hungry!! The restaurant is beautiful and the waitstaff are in tuxedos. But, the experience was bad and I won't return.
- A Great Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The veal chops were generous and scrumptious. The Tiramisu was the best we had ever tasted. Service was impeccable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent late lunchJIMPALMVIPDined on 7/21/2014First time visit and first time back to Little Italy in years proved excellent. Food menu for lunch provides nice choices, very good wine list and the service was just right. Some items, particularly some wines, are overpriced for value received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too much attitudetsmscmaDined on 7/17/2014We've eaten here many times over the years. The food was good but now there's WAY TOO MUCH ATTITUDE!!! The waiter was always looking down his nose at us, wasn't pleased that he had to come back for our order. There was only one other table in use at the time. Then the hostess started putting tables together for a larger group and one of the chairs blocked the exit. My husband, career fire, told her she couldn't do that and she had an even bigger attitude. There are a lot of other places in Little Italy, you don't need to be treated so rudely.Special Features:
- Hit or MissgourmetgirlVIPDined on 7/12/2014I've had both dinner and lunches at this restaurant in the past where the food was wonderful as was the service. On Saturday night, following a sold out Orioles vs Yankees game, the restaurant as one "should" have imagined was packed. They were seriously understaffed and after being in the restaurant for 2 hours, we left. The service was poor, the food was ok - even though they brought me the wrong dinner and told me that if I wanted what I ordered it would take a long time as they were very busy - so I ordered anything the waiter suggested would be quick. What I did get was not good. My concern overall is that the waiter didn't even seem apologetic in anyway. I believe from now on in Little Italy my money is better spent elsewhere.Special Features:
- Outstanding MealnebpbaVIPDined on 6/28/2014This was, by far, the best meal and service I have had in Little Italy, Baltimore. Great Job!! Food was excellent, service was better yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/28/2014We had a great time. The food was excellent. The atmosphere was truly top notch, it's a beautiful place and extremely authentic. The pricing is not for the faint of heart however. For a lunch with 4 people, it was just under $ 300 with the tip. The service was also very good. We were happy to go and experience a meal there while on vacation. I should also note that they purposefully seated people as far away from each other as possible so that you could enjoy the meal with your group rather than stacking folks in so it's easy on the servers. This place is as much about the experience you have as the food.Special Features:
- Excellent!!BoatingFoodiesVIPDined on 6/22/2014We love this restaurant. Every time we are in Baltimore, we must come here at least once this time we brought 6 friends and every meal was excellent. The veal chop and the crab cocktail presentation are the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair Italian fare.TessDined on 6/8/2014Everything was ridiculously overpriced due to minuscule portions. $1.25 per slice of garlic bread. Really? $9.00 for vodka on the rocks that was actually "under" the rocks. Food was bland.
- Tooooo expensive!superVIPDined on 5/31/2014Very good food. Ridiculous cost. With tip nearly $100 per person.... With no bottle if wine.
- Great dining experiencesNo1SeafoodLuvrConnoissuerDined on 5/29/2014Wonderful dining experiences! Great food, service and a very nice wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Top QualityProfessionalDinerDined on 5/17/2014Best service in any restaurant in the country !! And amazing food. Must try if near BaltimoreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't be beat!VinceDined on 5/11/2014I took my wife to Da Mimmo for Mothers Day. It was our third time at the restaurant and each dining experience has been outstanding. The atmosphere, service and food are top notch and I would recommend it to anyone who asks...definitely a Charm City gem!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gigantic!MickyDined on 5/2/2014I dined on the largest veal chop I have ever had in my life! The food preparation was excellent as was the service. An added feature was they were having a murder mystery night and the costumes were of the mob era.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 516 reviews are from the Da Mimmo Finest Italian Cuisine reviews archive.
- Unbelievably good serviceDaMimmoLoverVIPDined on 4/27/2014They picked us up and returned us to our hotel! If that was not enough the Manager, waiter and even the server were very engaging and attentive to every detail. And let's not forget the food. All three in our party had an unbelievable meal from the cocktails and wine selections to each menu course. When we head back to 'Little Italy' this is the one place we sure sure to go to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic, romantic Italian gemFoodieinBmoreVIPDined on 4/25/2014Every time I go to Da Mimmos, I expect to see Frank Sinatra walk in. This classic timeless Italian restaurant never fails to impress with amazing food, service and ambience. Start with a martini at the classic bar with Anastasia and take time to relax before getting your table. I don;t think I have every ordered from the menu as the best veal chops and their special lobster tetrazzini are our got dishes. This is THE classic Baltimore Little Italy restaurant for that special occasion.Special Features:
- Mystery TourPharma15HDDined on 4/20/2014DaMimmo's has never disappointed my wife and I. The service is fantastic and the food the best Italian that one can find. We've always enjoyed our visits to this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014Find out if you will be having a large table seated near you. The atmosphere was nice until a large, loud group was seated next to our table. We had to raise our voices just to hear each other speak. Our nice, quiet dinner was over very quickly. When we arrived the "hostess" was more in tune to a box of chocolates then addressing and welcoming us to the restaurant. Finally the chef had to step in for us to be seated. We over heard the servers discussing how much they thought their tips would be for certain tables ( they thought our table would only give $5.00!) Great food but retraining for quality customer service is justly needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Magnifique!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2014Da Mimmo's is one of the finest dining experiences you will ever have. From appetizers through dessert it's one treat after another. Great service and a very good wine list.Special Features:
- Da Mimmo Is Da Best!JimmyMacVIPDined on 4/9/2014Baltimore visit isn't complete without a visit to their Little Italy's gem - DaMimmo. Great food, fine service and wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and menuneilDined on 4/5/2014Dinner for four. everyone enjoyed their selections. The specialize in veal and live up to their reputatiion. Excellent service, very nice atmosphere. Great place to take guests or out of town visitors. Will definitely go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming ambience, delightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/2/2014Charming ambience, delightful attentive waiter, outstanding food, cozy bar area. And a free parking lot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Da Mimmo's restaurant!!Tkalb711Dined on 3/26/2014Excellent in every way. Best Italian food I've had. I highly recommend this restaurant. 5 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was fair at best, over priced!LipStyckDined on 3/15/2014Too many other dining opportunities to bother going back.
- Warm & comfortable atmosphereDotskyDined on 2/28/2014The food is, for the most part, excellent and the service is pleasant and efficient. But, the most attractive feature of a Da Mimmo dining experience is the warm and comfortablle atmosphere. The only negative is the wine pricing - no wine on their list less than $43 (except one blush at $39) and "house wines" ar $12 per glass. With so much inexpensive but very good wines avaialable today, they should be able to do better than that for their customers. NOTE: Only reason I didn't give service an "outstanding" was because he did not tell me price of the by-the-glass house wine when I said wine list was too expensive. I ended up spending more for the house wine than if I had ordered a bottle off of the list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!!B4everDined on 2/27/2014Although it is pricey, but you know that before you walk in, DaMimmo's is a wonderful restaurant. The food was delicious and the staff was exceptional. This is by far my favorite Italian restaurant in Little Italy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, expensive winesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/22/2014The food was good, the service excellent and the atmosphere very cozy and welcoming. However, the wines are way overpriced. The wine that we had for dinner retails for $18 and costs at Da Mimmo $79, a 400% markup over retail (the restaurant certainly buys wines at wholesale prices).
- Take the food, leave the serviceFoodie1VIPDined on 2/22/2014This neighborhood Italian steakhouse does not want for customers. Crowded when we arrived early for a 7:30 reservation. At 7:45 I checked in with hostess and was told they were ready for us, but no one every came to get us. Given the wine list when we were seated, but no menus. No bread, nothing for around 15 minutes. My partner ordered a filet medium rare, when it came out medium well we sent it back. Next version came out rare. Waiter was on his heels all evening. Took forever to get round of cocktails -- to be fair we were seated upstairs and waitstaff has to traverse stairs. Food was enjoyable (other than the done-ness of the filet the steak itself was excellent), my veal chop was immense. Don't go unless you have hours to kill.Special Features:
- Could do betterLMV126VIPDined on 2/22/2014Dined on Saturday of restaurant week. Had a 7:30 reservation, arrived at 7:00, were seated at 8:40. Very understaffed considering the busy night. They should know better. Food was average. Wine VERY expensive.