220 West 49th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.damarino.com/
- Phone: 2125416601x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Pasquale Marino & Massimo Occhi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Beautiful Italian restaurant located in the heart of the theater district. We provide custom menu, prix fixe, buffet, or open bar available for booking.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Wieland 2125416601x
- Entertainment: Live piano music is offered every day in the evening from 6:00pm - 1:00am.
A word from Da Marino
Da Marino serves traditional authentic Italian cuisine featuring Chef Massimo's Northern Italian dishes and Chef Pasquale's Southern Italian cooking. Upon entering the restaurant you feel that you are in an old Italian villa overlooking the Mediterranean through balcony windows and terrace. The restaurant was created and designed by Chef and Owner Pasquale and painted by Italian artist Davide Rodoquino. We offer live piano music every evening.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Da Marino reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)special occasion (33)romantic (28)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (15)late-night find (14)hot spot (12)notable wine list (9)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (5)great for lunch (4)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great food-order mix upsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2014Loved this restaurant. Food was very good. Enjoyed the piano singer and overall environment. The server was polite and pleasant. Took our order with some exclusions and specific requests - dressing for the salad on the side and no mushrooms in the pasta sauce. Server said of course, no problem. Food was served with dressing already on salad and mushrooms mixed in with the sauce on the pasta. When I asked for a new salad, they were not happy. We did not mention the mushrooms because we could pick them out. They should have listened better, and been more accommodating when the order was delivered wrong.
- We love it!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/26/2014Da Marino's is a must every time we are in NYC. The ambiance is amazing and the food "to die for". Once you walk down the steps, you leave the hustle and bustle of the Theater district behind. It's cozy and gorgeous, and the food is amazing. We won't go to New York City without planning a stop at Da Marino's.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014The service was great, food was outstanding it is the perfect place 5 stars all the waySpecial Features:
- Most expensive coke everdiZapointedDined on 10/22/2014We 3 friends had 3 of their 10 dolar coke (before taxes and tips) but were charged for 5 (65 dollars for 3 cokes). Ordered salad but it didn't come. 20% tip is required for the staff. Had a tastefull dinner, actually. Do not order the cheesecake (very artificial). We would not recomend this restaurant as out general experience was not good...Special Features:
- Fit our purposeSandiVIPDined on 10/22/2014A good place for a before the theater meal. Great location. The food was a little basic for my tastes ... I prefer more contemporary Italian. But it was fine and everybody seemed to enjoy their meal ... considering it was just a quick meal prior to seeing a play.
- Da Marino ExperienceCaliforniaFoodieDined on 10/21/2014Ambiance was excellent, Music excellent- provided by piano player. Food- too salty, oily. Had the Sea Bass special. Veggies and fish didn't need to be cooked in oil and covered in salt, slight steaming would have been good. Our table was too small even for just the two of us. However there were many tables open, They should have placed us on a bigger more comfortable table. Not many people there at the time. I guess they were expecting a big crowd. marked as yes would recommend- just for the ambiance, maybe for a drink, but not to dine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- RangerMikeDined on 10/21/2014Very good meeting place for the theater district. Very attentive staff and menu pleased everyoneSpecial Features:
- DisappointedDinner42Dined on 10/16/2014Ambience and music good. Food reasonable ...no extras or sides provided or suggested and expensive for what it was. Waiters phoney accents and staff hung about at kitchen door. Menu quite scant if you are not a massive fan of pasta.
- My favorite NYC restaurantjenbshellDined on 10/11/2014I first visited this restaurant 4 years ago and was hoping the food would be as good on this trip and I was not disappointed! Will return and suggest it to my friends!Special Features:
- Great findPetewitDined on 10/11/2014This was actually our second choice after being unable to secure reservations elsewhere, so we went with lower expectations and were pleasantly surprised by the food, service and atmosphere. We arrived at 5pm after an afternoon show so no problems being seated, however the place was packed by the time we left at 7:30. Varied menu and great selection of specials. Carafes of house wine were quite good.Special Features:
- Impeccable ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Da Marino is a delightful dining experience that anyone who enjoys that old world Italian feel. The atmosphere is delightful, and the food is delicious, but the service you receive is nothing less than wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the worst experiences ever!Janet12345Dined on 9/30/2014Tripadvisor had wonderful and glowing remarks. I booked a table on open table & in the comments box I said "your very quietest table. They have a hawker on the street asking "table for two?" repeatedly. As I was trying to tell .""him that we were reserved there already, he took my elbow and guided me down the stairs and into the restaurant where instead of the friendly owner who was described on tripadvisor we were met by 2 Hispanics who wanted to know when we wanted to make a reservation. Once we got past that idiocy, I mentioned that we wanted a quiet table. We were seated and in 5 minutes we had to move because of the noise. The bread we finally got was the worst in NY. It got noisier and made everything else irrelevant. DONT GO!i
- Been Before Not Best The 2nd TimeAmazingFoodandServiceDined on 9/27/2014I was super excited to visit Da Marino the second time, bringing in new customers to enjoy what i had the 1st time. I was disappointed because, knowing I would be coming on a saturday night I made reservations early(a month early) to ensure a good spot so the person I brought could see all of the artwork, piano player, and bar! Instead we were placed behind a brick wall with no viewing what so ever. I was greeted by what seems to be a manager mocking the fact that I had a reservation, and proceeded to put me at the tiny table. I did not request a new seat because I did not want to cause a conflict for waitresses/waiters, being one myself I know how that can be. I loved the first time, but the second time really made me reconsider my choice.
- Outstanding MealOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/26/2014The food is excellent though it is a little pricey. and the service is outstanding.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/20/2014Had a reservation but our table wasn't ready when we arrived so we were treated to free Preseco while we waited. Wait was short and every effort was made to give us a table to our liking. The food was great, the service very good considering how busy they were and the piano and singing entertainment later in the evening were great fun. We had been there before but the other two couples we were with had not. Everyone agreed they would be back.Special Features:
- Great food and ambianceJRo2Dined on 9/20/2014The owner and staff were excellent! Great food and huge servings!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice meal after seeing a showDebbie6Dined on 9/20/2014Felt like we were in a little restaurant in Italy ! Service started off slowly but picked up afterward. Chocolate fettuccine special was Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service blah.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Great location if going to a Broadway show. The restaurant itself feels like an Italian street scene. The food ranged from okay to excellent. The special - chocolate fettuccini was superb, as was the Bronzini. The pretty good was the lobster ravioli. The just okay was the veal scallopini. What brought my review down was the service. Rarely got a water refill and anything you asked for, you needed to ask twice. Needed more bread, the second person asked would bring it. Price was upper moderate. $20 - 25 for most pasta dishes, Bronzini was $48. Overall, a good choice and I'm glad we went there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I keep coming back every yearJkuikDined on 9/14/2014I visit NYC typically once a year, coming from Ontario, Canada. I go to Da Marino every year without fail because it has the best Italian food I've yet to come across, has raving reviews, and an amazing atmosphere. It is also a piano bar and is just so much fun to be in. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Saturday nightSha1dinesDined on 9/13/2014Great food great service. We were there for sweet 16. Everyone was fun and helpfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findDion2Dined on 9/12/2014Truly enjoyed the food, decor and ambiance. Everyone loved what they had. Service was great. Loved the live entertainment.Special Features:
- For an Italian restaurant, food wasNickJockDined on 9/11/2014mediocre at best. Pasta was well underdone, they didn't have the wine we selected from their wine list (Malbec) and the "entertainment" was the owner singing oldies into a microphone...not something we enjoyed. First time visit to New York so this restaurant was a big disappointment although it was recommended by a co-worker.
- A pleasant surprise!PaoloDined on 9/7/2014We found this restaurant on Open Table. The reviews were pretty good, but touristy places in NY haven't been our favorites. However, we were pleasantly surprised! The food, service, and ambiance were top notch. The lasagna was especially good, as was the liguine carbonara. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite NY restauranttrippingkathyDined on 9/5/2014You can't beat the ambience here. Food was great. Best sangria. Piano man enjoyable. We loved it !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambianceAlbertDined on 9/5/2014The chocolate spaghettis were very good and also the caprese salad. The service was very attentive and the maitre D very friendly and courteous. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute restaurantsustainableeaterDined on 9/5/2014For a pretty standard Italian meal (nothing to write home about except fresh mozzarella appetizer) this was a neat spot in the theater district. Felt like you were in a family restaurant - amazing murals of Italian coast/hills/scenes. Absolute best restroom I've ever been in (really cool) - I wish the wines by the glass were actual name brands, not just "Cabernet" or "Pinot Noir" on the menu. Food was no more spectacular than Olive Garden really - but the service was sweet and personal and I'd like to support a "local" business not a chain for sure!Special Features:
- Great Pre-theatre treatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/2/2014terrific food, great service in an atmosphere filled with authentic Italian joySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreDKforceDined on 8/30/2014Overpriced and undervalued. Ordered a risotto and it was more like wet rice than risotto.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014We had a wonderful meal with very good food and very good service. We had six people, two of whom were children, and everything was very accommodating. There was no problem splitting meals for the children. Everyone was particularly pleased with their meal. In fact, my grandson rated the lasagna "amazing" and I agreed since I shared it with him. There is piano music starting at 6:00p.m. which is also very entertaining. We are heading back to New York in two weeks with six adults and hope to eat here again.Special Features:
- fun placeBuonnnnnVIPDined on 8/30/2014a hopping place with good old fashion italian food and a nice piano bar with good vibes......
- UsetobepositiveDined on 8/29/2014Our expirence was not good. Wines was not cold enough and did not match the food. Our dinner was directly awful and we left the restaurant very soon. We sent to a nearbar restaurant at forunt really good Italien food.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant ever!JennPDined on 8/16/2014I go here every time I am in the City. We always get amazing food, service and entertainment!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Significant drop off in service, food and ambiance since we were last there 2 years ago.
- Food was delicious, service fairTravels2muchDined on 8/13/2014Do not recommend as a pre theatre restaurant. Service was slow despite the fact we advised we had tickets. We had to follow up twice on our wine and our server did not get my friends order correct. All that said when the food arrived it was delicious. I just wish we had time to savour it. It was an hour after we ordered that our meal arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic NY restaurantFrench1Dined on 8/11/2014Amazing food, wonderful service, friendly staff. Recommend to everyone I know !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in Theater DistrictWinnerWinnerChickenDinnerDined on 8/8/2014I take a girls' trip to NYC every year, one of whom is religious about having at least one meal in the Times Square/theater district. Many of those places are touristy and sub-par, but Da Marino was a great find! You walk down steps from the street, and that plus the soft lighting give it an intimate feel. The menu had lots of Italian crowd-pleasing fare, but it seems like they really care about quality, too. The pasta in my papardelle Bolognese was done perfectly. Delicious. The servers were friendly, and the singer sings with a wink and a smile. I'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- Fun night prior to theatercc13165Dined on 8/8/2014We went to dinner there prior to the theater. The food was great, service excellent. Good live piano music that was festive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Spot off Times SquarePearlybDined on 8/3/2014We happened upon Da Marino's for lunch when trying to find a place out of the hustle bustle and noise. Great food, lovely scenic décor, and relaxing rather than loud and rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Treasure!Bella214VIPDined on 8/1/2014This is my second time visiting Da Marino's while in NYC. The cocktails are exceptional. The food is awesome. The entertainment is outstanding. It's a fun place + all staff members are super-friendly as well as being knowledgeable. Can't wait to return to hear Dennis tinkle those piano keys again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Very good Italian food in a city with a lot of competition. Usually don't enjoy pre theater meals, so left some extra time. Very comfortable and good service, food good enough to want to come back when we can eat later, less crowded, in order to enjoy the ambience a little more. Stepping down into the restaurant reminded us of a couple of restaurants in Sorrento. Nice bar, could use a better wine selection though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.