220 West 49th Street
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.damarino.com/
- Phone: 2125416601x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 4:00pm - 12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Pasquale Marino & Massimo Occhi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please inquire for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Beautiful Italian restaurant located in the heart of the theater district. We provide custom menu, prix fixe, buffet, or open bar available for booking.
- Private Party Contact: Robert Wieland 2125416601x
- Entertainment: Live piano music is offered every day in the evening from 6:00pm - 1:00am.
A word from Da Marino
Da Marino serves traditional authentic Italian cuisine featuring Chef Massimo's Northern Italian dishes and Chef Pasquale's Southern Italian cooking. Upon entering the restaurant you feel that you are in an old Italian villa overlooking the Mediterranean through balcony windows and terrace. The restaurant was created and designed by Chef and Owner Pasquale and painted by Italian artist Davide Rodoquino. We offer live piano music every evening.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Da Marino reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)romantic (31)special occasion (31)good for groups (14)fit for foodies (12)late-night find (9)vibrant bar scene (6)notable wine list (5)hot spot (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Great findDion2Dined on 9/12/2014Truly enjoyed the food, decor and ambiance. Everyone loved what they had. Service was great. Loved the live entertainment.Special Features:
- For an Italian restaurant, food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/11/2014mediocre at best. Pasta was well underdone, they didn't have the wine we selected from their wine list (Malbec) and the "entertainment" was the owner singing oldies into a microphone...not something we enjoyed. First time visit to New York so this restaurant was a big disappointment although it was recommended by a co-worker.
- A pleasant surprise!PaoloDined on 9/7/2014We found this restaurant on Open Table. The reviews were pretty good, but touristy places in NY haven't been our favorites. However, we were pleasantly surprised! The food, service, and ambiance were top notch. The lasagna was especially good, as was the liguine carbonara. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favorite NY restauranttrippingkathyDined on 9/5/2014You can't beat the ambience here. Food was great. Best sangria. Piano man enjoyable. We loved it !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ambianceAlbertDined on 9/5/2014The chocolate spaghettis were very good and also the caprese salad. The service was very attentive and the maitre D very friendly and courteous. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute restaurantsustainableeaterDined on 9/5/2014For a pretty standard Italian meal (nothing to write home about except fresh mozzarella appetizer) this was a neat spot in the theater district. Felt like you were in a family restaurant - amazing murals of Italian coast/hills/scenes. Absolute best restroom I've ever been in (really cool) - I wish the wines by the glass were actual name brands, not just "Cabernet" or "Pinot Noir" on the menu. Food was no more spectacular than Olive Garden really - but the service was sweet and personal and I'd like to support a "local" business not a chain for sure!Special Features:
- Great Pre-theatre treatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/2/2014terrific food, great service in an atmosphere filled with authentic Italian joySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreDKforceDined on 8/30/2014Overpriced and undervalued. Ordered a risotto and it was more like wet rice than risotto.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/30/2014We had a wonderful meal with very good food and very good service. We had six people, two of whom were children, and everything was very accommodating. There was no problem splitting meals for the children. Everyone was particularly pleased with their meal. In fact, my grandson rated the lasagna "amazing" and I agreed since I shared it with him. There is piano music starting at 6:00p.m. which is also very entertaining. We are heading back to New York in two weeks with six adults and hope to eat here again.Special Features:
- fun placeBuonnnnnVIPDined on 8/30/2014a hopping place with good old fashion italian food and a nice piano bar with good vibes......
- UsetobepositiveDined on 8/29/2014Our expirence was not good. Wines was not cold enough and did not match the food. Our dinner was directly awful and we left the restaurant very soon. We sent to a nearbar restaurant at forunt really good Italien food.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant ever!JennPDined on 8/16/2014I go here every time I am in the City. We always get amazing food, service and entertainment!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone downhillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Significant drop off in service, food and ambiance since we were last there 2 years ago.
- Food was delicious, service fairTravels2muchDined on 8/13/2014Do not recommend as a pre theatre restaurant. Service was slow despite the fact we advised we had tickets. We had to follow up twice on our wine and our server did not get my friends order correct. All that said when the food arrived it was delicious. I just wish we had time to savour it. It was an hour after we ordered that our meal arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic NY restaurantFrench1Dined on 8/11/2014Amazing food, wonderful service, friendly staff. Recommend to everyone I know !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in Theater DistrictWinnerWinnerChickenDinnerDined on 8/8/2014I take a girls' trip to NYC every year, one of whom is religious about having at least one meal in the Times Square/theater district. Many of those places are touristy and sub-par, but Da Marino was a great find! You walk down steps from the street, and that plus the soft lighting give it an intimate feel. The menu had lots of Italian crowd-pleasing fare, but it seems like they really care about quality, too. The pasta in my papardelle Bolognese was done perfectly. Delicious. The servers were friendly, and the singer sings with a wink and a smile. I'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- Fun night prior to theatercc13165Dined on 8/8/2014We went to dinner there prior to the theater. The food was great, service excellent. Good live piano music that was festive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Spot off Times SquarePearlybDined on 8/3/2014We happened upon Da Marino's for lunch when trying to find a place out of the hustle bustle and noise. Great food, lovely scenic décor, and relaxing rather than loud and rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Treasure!Bella214VIPDined on 8/1/2014This is my second time visiting Da Marino's while in NYC. The cocktails are exceptional. The food is awesome. The entertainment is outstanding. It's a fun place + all staff members are super-friendly as well as being knowledgeable. Can't wait to return to hear Dennis tinkle those piano keys again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Very good Italian food in a city with a lot of competition. Usually don't enjoy pre theater meals, so left some extra time. Very comfortable and good service, food good enough to want to come back when we can eat later, less crowded, in order to enjoy the ambience a little more. Stepping down into the restaurant reminded us of a couple of restaurants in Sorrento. Nice bar, could use a better wine selection though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ugh!kimchrisDined on 7/19/2014Very dated dining area. Bathroom was full of knats. Real turn off before dinner. Sat at the bar first for a before dinner drink and asked what types of wine they had...the response was Italian. Not informative at all as far as I was concerned. The food was not that good at all. Greasy calamari for starters. We should of ended it after the appetizer instead of continuing on.
- Dinner AloneClareDined on 7/18/2014Had a wonderful meal! Was traveling alone on business but made to feel very welcome and comfortable as soon as I walked in the door. Was encouraged to stay longer but I had a meeting and could not. Next trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very ItalianluvitalianDined on 7/17/2014I spend a lot of time in Italy, so I guess that's why I like this restaurant. It reminds me so much of Italy. The food is very good and definitely Italian. We have been there many times. I asked for a dish that was not on the menu and they made it for me. That tells me that everything is freshly made. Try it out, you won't be sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AntejenDined on 7/15/2014Great service and food. Loved the care paid to our experience by staff.Special Features:
- Not ImpressedC2NaplesDined on 7/12/2014After reading the reviews and viewing the pictures I was expecting a very nice dinner with my girlfriend. We got there and they didn't seem to have our reservations. They set up a table next to another one and in the pathway to the bathrooms and kitchen where people were always passing. The waiter got us moved and then we moved again to a quitter spot. The appetizer special was very good. The main course was not what I expected from such a highly rated restaurant. Over all I would not go back there and would not recommend anyone looking for a very good Italian meal in NYC.
- Big DisappointmentVoodooKAP18Dined on 7/12/2014Unfortunately, this one fell flat of being impressive in any way. Food was mediocre at best, and the main waiter was rushing us as if we needed to east as fast as possible so the next table could be seated. For an Italian restaurant with what I read was a well trained chef from Italy, the "risotto" was nowhere close to being appetizing. It might have been better suited as sticky rice to be used with sushi. We paid way too much for what we were given. We won't be returning anytime we visit NYC.
- showdinerDined on 7/12/2014Our first time there. We enjoyed the food and the service. we will be back.Special Features:
- Before the ShowstillhereforthefoodVIPDined on 7/1/2014Da Marino is one block form half a dozen theaters. It makes a big difference to be that close to a Broadway show. Given the price of show tickets, the evening better be special and Da Marino is. Unique ambience, great food, a generous pour withe house wine. Only problem this time: took 20 minutes to order, which made us nervous that we wouldn't make our show in time. The food flew out of the kitchen once we ordered, but it started the evening off on a tense note.Special Features:
- Good news bad newswarrenDined on 7/1/2014The food was delicious and the ambiance was quite nice, especially for the Times Square area. The portions of the chicken dish and lasagna were extremely generous, very fresh and tasty. Each was certainly enough for two people and possibly a small family. My problem with this restaurant is their up-selling. The waiter thoroughly described many specials. But he declined to mention their costs. One was a pasta dish. When I asked I learned it was $37. I think this should be told in advance. The cost of desserts are not on the menu and a carafe of house wine is nearing $50. If money is not an issue for you then this is a great place to go. Great food.Nevertheless I was not pleased with their approachSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014We took my mom out for her 60th Birthday. The food was amazing, the service was outstadning. The piano player was excellent. The atmosphere was romatnic and relaxed. I highly reccomend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious and funOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/28/2014Our dinner at Da Marino was excellent. From the appetizers through to the dessert and Limoncello, everything was perfectly prepared and full of flavor. The decor was charming, thestaff was friendly, and we will definitely be back for more! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceBillDDined on 6/25/2014Excellent food and staff, go out of their way to make you happySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Theater Dining in NYCGoodfoodDined on 6/21/2014The location is ideal and the service was great (other than the waiters who couldn't pour a glass of wine without spilling some of it on the table); however, the food was mixed. The seafood pasta special was disappointing while the filet mignon special was delicious. My son described the filet as "succulent". The restaurant was quaint. The biggest negative was the noise level (really loud). Finally, it has the most interesting women's restroom that I have ever been in, with two water fountains (not including the toilet or sink) and other statues and knickknacks all around. You have to see it (too hard to describe). Anyway, we enjoyed our experience and food at Da Marino and would recommend it.Special Features:
- Great Italian Just off Times Sq.DocJerryLDined on 6/15/2014The restaurant is in a basement, but the inside is well lighted, decorated and inviting. The traditional northern Italian food was delicious and the service was excellent. Good choice before or after the theatre.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, ambient and ServiceAlfonsoDined on 6/14/2014Ambient, music, service and food were excellent! Loved the chocolate pasta, lamb chops, caesar salad and dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ManagerNycweekDined on 6/14/2014Got here 15 minutes prior to reservation and the manager greeted us. He told us it would only be a few minutes. He proceeded to hit on the two girls seated next to my 9 and 12yr old daughters. After sitting and listening to him for the 35 minutes we still had not been seated. At 20 minutes passed our reservation time I paid the bar tab and left. There are too many good places in NYC to go back to this place.
- Birthday celebration 2014Lafam2014Dined on 6/8/2014Wonderful evening celebrating our daughter and grandaughters birthday! Food was awesome, ambiance lovely! Treated us like royalty and the piano bar was icing on the cake! Very attentive staff! Thanks so much, the girls are still talking about it being the highlight of our trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pre-theater spotluvgoodfoodVIPDined on 6/3/2014This was our fist time at this restaurant. On waiter took our order, another served it and when we had issues we could not attract our first waiter to help. The manager (or owner..not sure) was going around talking to some tables. The food, however, was excellent!Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/28/2014Ambiance, music, food and service were great and price was OKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulNYfoodieDined on 5/27/2014This is a simply wonderful restaurant. Cute, cozy ambience, beautiful live piano player, attentive, friendly, and thoughtful service, and excellent food. Will definitely be paying them a visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.