Houston, TX 77006Neighborhood:
Midtown / Montrose
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.damarcohouston.com/
- Phone: 7138078857
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Marco Wiles
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Nicolas Nikic 713-807-8857
A word from Da Marco
You'll get the best pizza and pasta dishes in the city at Marco Wiles' intimate and unassuming little Montrose restaurant. Some of the unusual varieties of fish, such as the branzino (Italian sea bass) are jet-flown in from Italy. The wine list is just as innovative as the food, with lots of crisp Proseccos and unusual Piedmont reds. And the service is exceptional -- unless you ask for spaghetti and meatballs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Da Marco - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Montrose ›
Da Marco reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)fit for foodies (37)romantic (32)notable wine list (28)neighborhood gem (14)great for lunch (12)good for groups (5)great for brunch (2)hot spot (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- peteDined on 9/13/2014I have always considered Da Marco a wonderful food experience, and it never ceases to amaze me. I highly recommend it for special occasions and for entertaining guests new to Houston.Special Features:
- Another amazing meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014Ahh, three days into the white truffle season and the food did not disappoint! The white truffle pasta and ice cream are the best things I've ever tasted. The lamb chops were a surprising find, too. Overall, another amazing meal.Special Features:
- foie gras was super yummyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014love the foie gras................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food & Service!OliverDined on 9/9/2014If you are looking for fine dining Italian, this will be your heaven! don't miss on the black truffle risotto and any of their Fish dishes.The cheese cake is a must. Love the food and service. Foodies highly recommended to visit.Special Features:
- music-4umusic4uVIPDined on 9/5/2014We are never disappointed with delicious food and a great wait-staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatLapetitealitzVIPDined on 8/22/2014No surprise, Da Marco never fails to live up to my expectations time after time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely....NYCtoHOUwLoveDined on 8/5/2014Made reservations for 8 for a birthday lunch... The service was impeccable. The food very tasty... They made the birthday girl feel really special... The ambiance is easy but sophisticated. The clientele is older (35+), established, quiet, no one checking cell phone, etc. Lovely change of pace in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Da MarcoAvr2dineDined on 8/2/2014Excellent cheff specials. Dover Sole fantastic, risotto or pasta with truffle unique, deserts at same level than antipasti, primi or secondi. Outstanding wine list selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now Thats Italian!ItalianFoodieDined on 8/2/2014Italy brought to Houston so why fly for hours. Service impeccable. Fit for Foodies for sure. Outstanding dinning experience for any occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experience with Da MarcoElJefeDined on 7/31/2014Me and my wife had a wonderful time at Da Marco last Thursday the 31st of July 2014. Our evening started at 5:30 pm and we were arriving as they opened the doors for the evening. We received a nice table in the back with a very attentive staff. The suggestions by the staff were on target and we had incredible sensory experience with the food. We agreed the food was the best lineup we had ever had, and were a bit surprised that the bill was not as much as expected. The only slight negative was the dated closed-in feel of the interior of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Great except...HappyDined on 7/26/2014Our experience did not start off well, but overall was great. We had 5:30 reservations, however, they did not open the door til a few minutes after 5:30. To assure a good experience, if your first seating is at 5:30, then the door should be opened at least 10 minutes before the reservation so that people can get seated instead of waiting outside for the doors to open (especially in hot weather). Other than the glitch at the beginning, the service was wonderful and the food delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let downDowngradedDined on 7/11/2014This is our third visit to the restaurant and was let down by both the food and service. My wife's red snapper tasted as if it was previously frozen and it was too salty. My braised ribs were good, but not outstanding as recommended by the waiter. Food and service were not on the same level as our previous visits. Though the waiter was polite, he did not offer us a wine list, did not ask how our meals were, and did not seem to be very friendly. A different waiter presented us the dessert menu and we thought this was a bit unusual. We are not sure that we will be further patronizing this restaurant in the future.Special Features:
- Great dinner!FoodieRon1940Dined on 6/27/2014We really had a super time on a recent Friday for dinner. Everything was superb, from the appetizers through dessert and coffee. Service was very attentive, but not overbearing. I would go back again and again. We will recommend the restaurant to our friends who go to Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceRichardDined on 6/17/2014Outstanding food with great service. The pasta with truffles is truly wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably awesomeAmyNDined on 6/17/2014I depend upon Da Marco to impress out-of-town guests, and they have never failed me. Truly excellent food, nice quiet ambiance, good service. Can't ask for more! I had the filet special, which was tender and flavorful.Special Features:
- Superior!EdwardVIPDined on 6/17/2014Try the spaghetti with sea urchin, it is a culinary masterpiece.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish Not so GoodAlwaysgoodVIPDined on 6/6/2014Had the $180 branzino for 2 and it was extremely bland and soaking in olive oil. Neither my date or myself could eat it and the manager did the right thing and took it off our bill. A very disappointing experience here .
- The following 363 reviews are from the Da Marco reviews archive.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014Memorable night. Wife and I shared 5 appetisers/pastas each paired with a glass of wine. Outstanding service, empty plates removed in seconds after last bite, all courses plated with care at our table and perfect matches with the wine. Perfect pasta and delightful sauces. We need a Da Marco in Chicago.Special Features:
- Hands down!LadyEmAyVIPDined on 5/13/2014This is the best restaurant in Houston. Everything I've ever tried on the menu is fresh, delicious, and well presented.Special Features:
- Amazing CuisineDrMadeleineDined on 5/9/2014DaMarco's is a Houston Gem. The food is excellently prepared and served. The chef creates dishes I never imagined but love, ie. beet amd ce;ery salad. Who knew?Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Houston!UnbelievabeVIPDined on 4/29/2014I have been meaning to go for about 10 years, but have only just gotten around to it. My husband and I celebrated our anniversary there, and were not disappointed. The food was unbelievable! We started with the grilled octopus, which was better than any lobster I have ordered in any restaurant. I would have been in Heaven if that were my main course. For a main, I ordered the lamb chops, which were certainly the best I've had. My husband ordered the Lobster Ravioli, which he loved (although I think he would chose the lamb chops or short ribs next time). The service was great, and the menu was diverse. A gem of a restaurant, that gets both thumbs up! I can't believe I waited so long!Special Features:
- Lives up to the hype!TxMareDined on 4/25/2014Simply put, this place has exceptional food. It tates amazing and is presented well. My husband had Maple Leaf Duck that was the best we have ever eaten. It was perfectly cooked with a smokey flavor. It was presented well and tasted just as amazing! I had a pasta special with house made with tagleitelle (sp?). It had portobello mushrooms, peas and prosciutto with a savory sauce. I literally had to restrain myself from licking the bowl because it is a very nice restaurant. We also had an artichoke appetizer that was delicious and we both had dessert. Vanilla bean risotto that was mixed with fruit. It was a lovely light dessert. I had a cake with caramel and pistacio gelato. It was the most amazing dessert I have tasted. Eat hereSpecial Features:
- Fantastic seafood.EricVIPDined on 4/25/2014Excellent sea urchin spaghetti, nice thick sauce of uni. The seared langoustines were perfect.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceckdinerDined on 4/24/2014Met a friend for dinner at Da Marco. I have been wanting to try it for awhile and I was not disappointed by my experience. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly. Everything we had was excellent - the dishes were small but very tasty, We ended up splitting three dishes and it worked out perfectly. I highly recommend the sweet corn ravioli with lobster. Overall it was a great experience and I will be back!Special Features:
- Terrible ManagerJoseVIPDined on 4/17/2014The manager with the worst manners and rude. The manager with the worst manners and rude.
- Great Timer2mdinerDined on 4/16/2014This was an authentic Italian dinner. It was not rushed and each course was served at the right temperature, with proper service and the presentation was wonderful. I could not have had a better time. The wine that was recommended was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time we've eaten here;BarryDined on 4/12/20142nd time we've eaten here; unlikley to be a 3rd. Food is good, not great. Tables are packed together, so lots of noise and be ready to climb around waiters and tables to get anywhere. Service was not what it should be.
- pretty darn goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014my only criticism is that the table people (bread, water, follow-up) are not at the same level as the person who was like the captain. alternatively, the person handling the wine was not as attentive as he could have been. i am sure it is a matter of training but it was distracting and probably not what you would expect. the food was outstanding, well presented and relatively speaking not expensive. many restaurants in houston are charging at this level for very average food. i, however, do not want to give the impression that the food was inexpensive. da marco is clearly be one of the ten best restaurants in houston and if the service issues were refined competitive with top flight restaurants in new york.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUtstandingdarylstxDined on 4/5/2014We have eaten here several times. The food is exceptional and the wait staff is excellent. I would highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian restaurant in Housondgfg99Dined on 3/28/2014Sophisticated ambience, superior food, superior service, business lunch is good valueSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is very good. ServicechaupedroDined on 3/25/2014Food is very good. Service is impeccable. The tables tend to be overcrowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonder food and wait staffLoveGreatFoodDined on 3/15/2014Took the advice of Texas Monthly's foodie issue and made reservations for DeMarco. Service was fantastic, food was incredible. There were too many entrée items to choose from so we will definitely return. I highly recommend the 2009 Tommasi Amerone as your wine of choice. We also purchased two bottles of your wonderful olive oil. Delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/14/2014Superb wine (Mezzei Super Tuscan), amazing black truffle pasta primi, and amazing fish special off the chalkboard. Consistently a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningElGuapoDined on 3/14/2014DeMarco's is an upscale romantic Italian gem! The atmosphere and service are top notch. I was completely underdressed for the resturant and neither the host nor the waiter made me feel unwelcomed. The food is excellent and the wine selection just as great. However, parking in the area stinks so using the valet service is a must! 4 1/2 stars out of 5!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection!ChrisDined on 3/6/2014I cannot rave about Da Marco's enough! Food outstanding, ambiance is second to none and the service is outstanding. The perfect power lunch or romantic special occasion locale.Special Features:
- Restaurant DeliveredOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/1/2014Attentive service, great food. High end dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An excellent choice for a dinnerVegardDined on 3/1/2014This place will make you dinner a successful experience. Good ambiance, very good food and attentive service. The restaurant is definitively a cut above the average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was unremarkable andJohnDined on 2/22/2014Food was unremarkable and the service was indifferent at best.
- Great Business LunchWarmVIPDined on 2/21/2014Well worth the drive from downtown for a business lunch. Will definitely return and soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome FoodIsaacDined on 2/15/2014Loved the ambience at DaMarco's. My girlfriend deserved a relaxing, romantic dinner with great tasting food and wine and she got just that. Would love to go again, but will only reserve that for special occasions since it is pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.