Houston, TX 77006Neighborhood:
Midtown / Montrose
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.damarcohouston.com/
- Phone: (713) 807-8857
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Marco Wiles
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact the restaurant for details.
- Private Party Contact: Nicolas Nikic 713-807-8857
A word from Da Marco
You'll get the best pizza and pasta dishes in the city at Marco Wiles' intimate and unassuming little Montrose restaurant. Some of the unusual varieties of fish, such as the branzino (Italian sea bass) are jet-flown in from Italy. The wine list is just as innovative as the food, with lots of crisp Proseccos and unusual Piedmont reds. And the service is exceptional -- unless you ask for spaghetti and meatballs.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Da Marco - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Montrose ›
Da Marco reviews from OpenTable diners
67 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (50)fit for foodies (41)romantic (39)notable wine list (29)neighborhood gem (16)great for lunch (13)hot spot (6)good for groups (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Bad LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Da Marco is shown as one of the top 6 Italian restaurants in Houston. My wife and I want to try different restaurants so that we have a variety that we can enjoy and know for future selection. We surfed the net and based on internet information - felt that Da Marco's was one worth exploring. We found ourselves in what we felt was a not so secure neighborhood with narrow streets and did not feel secure in the area. Went past some pretty shady places and found the restaurant inside of a security fence with security in the parking lot of the restaurant. Not a bad thing, but a must in this location. The building itself is in need of improvements, and the decor was dated. For those that like rustic - this would be one of those places. Wine list was good, service was excellent, food was good. Simply not in an area I felt secure in nor wanted my vehicle left unattended in. Secure within the compound, but coming and going was not so well received.Special Features:
- It was very goodTexasFoodieDined on 11/22/2014Traditional Italian. Great recommendations from the staff. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome foodjngoDined on 11/14/2014great place to dine. wonderful service and great Italian food! Best in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and delicious foodjreyVIPDined on 11/13/2014This was our first time here and we were not disappointed. I splurged on the raviolo with the shaved white truffles and was in heaven! It is literally just one fairly big raviolo, but the richness of the dish makes up for the small size. My boyfriend had the prime strip with chanterelles and he really enjoyed the perfectly cooked steak. We started with the artichoke, which was tasty and different, and with the special tuna carpaccio, which was good, but far from the best I've ever had. We ended with a black forest cake dessert that was the special that night and were fighting over the last bite. The service was excellent from start to finish and we even walked away with a bottle of their fantastic olive oil that accompanies their bread service. I will definitely return for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyVicLVIPDined on 10/31/2014Must have the poached egg ravioli with truffles!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence describes DaMarcoKatellaVIPDined on 10/30/2014I have dined at DaMarco many times and each time I leave with a great sense of satisfaction. I always wonder when I will return or how I can treat a special someone with an an extraordinary dining experience at DaMarco. It it one of the best all around restaurants in Houston and we have many to choose from! Love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Practically perfect dining!PipermomDined on 10/18/2014Splurge on the white truffle specials! Service impeccable, and details, such as warm bread, make for a truly fine and memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/17/2014I had the business lunch, which was innovative (a special prawn ravioli with caviar), delicious, and very reasonable.Special Features:
- The Very Bestrick68VIPDined on 10/14/2014This is as good as it gets in Houston. You must try every course. We celebrated my wife's birthday. Perfect service. First course I had grilled octopus and she had the Artichoke heart. Both excellent. Then to primi which was a ribbon shaped pasta served with boar in a gravy sauce. Incredible. Pasta is made in house. Secondi was Maple duck for me and lamb chops for my wife. The duck was the best I have ever had. Finally we finished it off with chocolate bread pudding and cappuccinos. This is an expensive place but worth every penny. Save up and go. You won't regret it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatDined on 10/11/2014We were expecting to be wowed by DaMarco and just were not. We have been to Dolce Vita several times and loved it, but even the pizza at Da Marco was not at good as at Dolce Vita. Although the food was good at DaMarco, it didn't live up to the hype for us.
- MemoDined on 10/9/2014Great food, the italian taste is excelent, well presented, we had a good experience and plan to go back soon, the prix fix menu had a variety of good offers. Let see next timeSpecial Features:
- menu mistake a problemlucykDined on 10/8/2014unfortunately, the featured ravioli dish on the chalk board came to the table as a risotto. It turns out that the chef had made a mistake in writing the board….. I would have expected a more apologetic and professional response and some good will indication on the bill. We ended up just having a salad and another ravioli dish, both of which were acceptable. This was a birthday celebration (which we had mentioned upon making the reservation ), but had to remind the waiter once we ordered dessert - so it was not as nice a surprise as we had intended. Oh well….. not the high marks I would have expected from this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!Stavi84Dined on 10/4/2014This was our first trip to De Marco's and we will surely be going back. The staff was very friendly and knowledgable about everything on the wine list and specials. If I have one suggestion if you can handle it. I would just go in there and let the chef prepare your meal without you ordering. We ordered entree's off the specials and apps off the menu and the specials were out of this world! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent as usualItalianfoodieDined on 10/4/2014Excellent food, wonderful staff. First class experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way Over Priced and Overcooked!!!DharmaWheelerDined on 10/2/2014The broccoli rabe was so over cooked it looked like spinach. The prosciutto tasted like grocery store ham. That wasn't real prosciutto! The black truffles (out of season, why serve?) on the salad were dried out and tastless. The filet of sole was over-cooked and dry. The Tusan steak with chanterelle mushrooms was good as was the skimpy serving of wild boar parpadelle. A truly mediocre dinner for 2 cost $400 with one mediocre Nebiello. The core problem is 2 fold: they don't source fresh excellent product and the overcook dishes which are hard to screw up. I have eaten in small places in Milan, Florence, Rome & New York that blow this Houston take on "the real thing" away. The chef needs a trip to Italy fast! He is blowing it on the basics!
- DaMarco still gets it rightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014after 12 years, the menu is a little complacent, but execution is flawless. we both got the special (lunch) grilled swordfish and it was cooked better than I have ever had it. The almond reduction it sat on was very flavorful. server was least informed we'd ever experienced at DaMarco. He described a lunch special salad as having "grilled zucchini" when in fact it was on the menu as "zucca" Italian for squash, and was really butternut. Not a deal breaker, but not expected either in the special salad. (i'm not a butternut fan).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great lunch!dwoodsVIPDined on 9/25/2014There were so many items on the menu that we wanted to try. I got the salad of the day.. I think it had grilled bananas and chunks of warm pork in it. In any case, it's the best salad I've ever had. The side bread that's brought out is fresh, flakey and delish. I got the grilled calf liver for my entree that came with polenta and my fiancee got lobster ravioli. We both really loved the meal. I got the business special so for $29, i also get dessert, which typically runs for $9. We got the cheesecake which was more like custard than a cheesecake, to give you an idea of the consistency. It was not the style we are accustomed to and we didn't care for it. Other than that? Spectacular meal and service! Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food poor servicealas02VIPDined on 9/20/2014I've been in Da Marco 3 or 4 times and although the food is simply the best Italian cuisine in town, the service remains poor and unfriendly. Upon arrival the only concern of the pushy waiters is to throw over the table the vine list. In a restaurant of this level I'd expect that you are allowed to choose the food before the wine...Special Features:
- Great placeMikelDined on 9/16/2014Best place in Houston. Ask for the white truffle pasta. It is a pmeasure to find places like this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- peteDined on 9/13/2014I have always considered Da Marco a wonderful food experience, and it never ceases to amaze me. I highly recommend it for special occasions and for entertaining guests new to Houston.Special Features:
- Another amazing meal!SoloSailorGirlVIPDined on 9/13/2014Ahh, three days into the white truffle season and the food did not disappoint! The white truffle pasta and ice cream are the best things I've ever tasted. The lamb chops were a surprising find, too. Overall, another amazing meal.Special Features:
- foie gras was super yummyduckieDined on 9/13/2014love the foie gras................................................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food & Service!OliverDined on 9/9/2014If you are looking for fine dining Italian, this will be your heaven! don't miss on the black truffle risotto and any of their Fish dishes.The cheese cake is a must. Love the food and service. Foodies highly recommended to visit.Special Features:
- music-4umusic4uVIPDined on 9/5/2014We are never disappointed with delicious food and a great wait-staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always greatLapetitealitzVIPDined on 8/22/2014No surprise, Da Marco never fails to live up to my expectations time after time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely....NYCtoHOUwLoveDined on 8/5/2014Made reservations for 8 for a birthday lunch... The service was impeccable. The food very tasty... They made the birthday girl feel really special... The ambiance is easy but sophisticated. The clientele is older (35+), established, quiet, no one checking cell phone, etc. Lovely change of pace in Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Da MarcoAvr2dineDined on 8/2/2014Excellent cheff specials. Dover Sole fantastic, risotto or pasta with truffle unique, deserts at same level than antipasti, primi or secondi. Outstanding wine list selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now Thats Italian!ItalianFoodieDined on 8/2/2014Italy brought to Houston so why fly for hours. Service impeccable. Fit for Foodies for sure. Outstanding dinning experience for any occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful Experience with Da MarcoElJefeDined on 7/31/2014Me and my wife had a wonderful time at Da Marco last Thursday the 31st of July 2014. Our evening started at 5:30 pm and we were arriving as they opened the doors for the evening. We received a nice table in the back with a very attentive staff. The suggestions by the staff were on target and we had incredible sensory experience with the food. We agreed the food was the best lineup we had ever had, and were a bit surprised that the bill was not as much as expected. The only slight negative was the dated closed-in feel of the interior of the restaurant.Special Features:
- The following 371 reviews are from the Da Marco reviews archive.
- Great except...HappyDined on 7/26/2014Our experience did not start off well, but overall was great. We had 5:30 reservations, however, they did not open the door til a few minutes after 5:30. To assure a good experience, if your first seating is at 5:30, then the door should be opened at least 10 minutes before the reservation so that people can get seated instead of waiting outside for the doors to open (especially in hot weather). Other than the glitch at the beginning, the service was wonderful and the food delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Let downDowngradedDined on 7/11/2014This is our third visit to the restaurant and was let down by both the food and service. My wife's red snapper tasted as if it was previously frozen and it was too salty. My braised ribs were good, but not outstanding as recommended by the waiter. Food and service were not on the same level as our previous visits. Though the waiter was polite, he did not offer us a wine list, did not ask how our meals were, and did not seem to be very friendly. A different waiter presented us the dessert menu and we thought this was a bit unusual. We are not sure that we will be further patronizing this restaurant in the future.Special Features:
- Great dinner!FoodieRon1940Dined on 6/27/2014We really had a super time on a recent Friday for dinner. Everything was superb, from the appetizers through dessert and coffee. Service was very attentive, but not overbearing. I would go back again and again. We will recommend the restaurant to our friends who go to Houston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceRichardDined on 6/17/2014Outstanding food with great service. The pasta with truffles is truly wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependably awesomeAmyNDined on 6/17/2014I depend upon Da Marco to impress out-of-town guests, and they have never failed me. Truly excellent food, nice quiet ambiance, good service. Can't ask for more! I had the filet special, which was tender and flavorful.Special Features:
- Superior!EdwardVIPDined on 6/17/2014Try the spaghetti with sea urchin, it is a culinary masterpiece.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fish Not so GoodAlwaysgoodVIPDined on 6/6/2014Had the $180 branzino for 2 and it was extremely bland and soaking in olive oil. Neither my date or myself could eat it and the manager did the right thing and took it off our bill. A very disappointing experience here .
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014Memorable night. Wife and I shared 5 appetisers/pastas each paired with a glass of wine. Outstanding service, empty plates removed in seconds after last bite, all courses plated with care at our table and perfect matches with the wine. Perfect pasta and delightful sauces. We need a Da Marco in Chicago.Special Features:
- Hands down!LadyEmAyVIPDined on 5/13/2014This is the best restaurant in Houston. Everything I've ever tried on the menu is fresh, delicious, and well presented.Special Features:
- Amazing CuisineDrMadeleineDined on 5/9/2014DaMarco's is a Houston Gem. The food is excellently prepared and served. The chef creates dishes I never imagined but love, ie. beet amd ce;ery salad. Who knew?Special Features:
- Best restaurant in Houston!UnbelievabeVIPDined on 4/29/2014I have been meaning to go for about 10 years, but have only just gotten around to it. My husband and I celebrated our anniversary there, and were not disappointed. The food was unbelievable! We started with the grilled octopus, which was better than any lobster I have ordered in any restaurant. I would have been in Heaven if that were my main course. For a main, I ordered the lamb chops, which were certainly the best I've had. My husband ordered the Lobster Ravioli, which he loved (although I think he would chose the lamb chops or short ribs next time). The service was great, and the menu was diverse. A gem of a restaurant, that gets both thumbs up! I can't believe I waited so long!Special Features: