Da Marcella - Midtown
11 West 51st St.
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
Da Marcella - Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.damarcellamidtown.com/Home.html
- Phone: 9176393911x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 10:30 pm
Saturdays: 4:00 pm - 10:30 pm
Sundays: 4:00 pm - 10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Mediterranean, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Francisco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off-site catering is available
- Entertainment: Live Music on special events only
A word from Da Marcella - Midtown
Da Marcella: Located in midtown, it is a Mediterranean Tavern that serves the best quality, healthy food. We have a passion for good food and excellent service, utilizing the best ingredients.Continued
Most importantly, we have a love for food, service and quality.
Most importantly, we have a love for food, service and quality.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Da Marcella - Midtown - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
Da Marcella - Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (32)neighborhood gem (28)good for groups (19)fit for foodies (15)special occasion (11)romantic (9)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (4)great for brunch (4)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- It was closedEp75yearoldDined on 9/10/2014I booked restaurant using open table. Got confirmation email for the time I wanted. Walked around to restaurant with my 75 year old mother only to find restaurant shut. We then had to try and find another restaurant reasonably close so my mother did not have to walk too far
- yummy gnocchiajbatesonDined on 9/5/2014The gnocchi with shrimp was delicious. There were not a lot of people there on a Friday night so it was easy to talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Date Night SpotGr82eatVIPDined on 9/2/2014This location is central to Rockefeller Center and is cozy with great food. My husband and I dined there and were greeted warmly and taken to our table promptly. Our waiter, Nelson was very attentive, courteous and offered great food suggestions. We started off with calamari which was very good and I had the grilled steak entree, while my husband had the shrimp gnocchi dish, but were quite tasty and satisfying. We ended our meal with cheesecake and left happy. We plan to return if we're every in this area, looking for a nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joe2VIPDined on 8/13/2014second time i have eaten there and while the food was fine the service was slow
- joe2VIPDined on 8/11/2014The restaurant offered excellent food and service; quite and not rushedSpecial Features:
- ICENETHDined on 8/10/2014overall good value for money and we had excellent meal . Also they especially prepared pasta meal for our son that was not on the menu Certainly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pastaahoughjr3Dined on 8/10/2014Worth every penny. Had the pink sauce and pappardelle. Really really tasty.Special Features:
- Just okayVafamilyDined on 8/9/2014When we arrived, the restaurant wasn't busy, yet our table was wedged between the bathrooms, kitchen and server area. Server was indifferent with us. No greeting, explanation of specials, etc., just asked if we were ready to order. We had no complaints about the food, but nothing was outstanding. We had salmon, short ribs, chicken Parmesan, Delmonico steak and a couple of pastas. All were good, none were memorable. Best dish all night was a side order of mushroom polenta. Server never offered us fresh pepper or cheese. A different waiter took over halfway through and was much friendlier and we did enjoy the desserts and coffee. We spend a lot of weekends in NYC and this was a very underwhelming dinner experience for NYC.
- Nice option for midtownScottDined on 8/9/2014Very good restaurant in midtown...food is very good, especially the homemade pasta...wife had a great Cornish hen...service is very good...prices reasonable for midtownSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed...JMA1VIPDined on 8/6/2014We were looking for a restaurant close by to an office gathering and and chose Marcella because of the recent reviews and location not realizing we had eaten there before using a promo offer. 1) Waiter was either just plain inattentive or the restaurant was short staffed 2) Huge lapse between appetizers and entree being served (protein on the plate was hot, potatoes and sautéed spinach lukewarm at best) 3) Marcella has a "B" city rating (posted downstairs not at street level) 4) We spent the entire dinner trying to kill nats flying around us and could not wait to get out of there! The most disturbing thing was when we mentioned this to our waiter he apologized and said the bar was not cleaned correctly the previously evening. Yikes!
- great business -day lunchsatisfiedVIPDined on 7/31/2014Booked lunch at Da Marcella based on strong reviews and were more than delighted. The food came quickly and was remarkably fresh, flavorful and healthful. The soup-of-the day was very good and the wild salmon with garlic and rosemary was remarkably flavorful and full of life. The Broccoli rabe was very good (but may have been salty) and the liver was mild, tender and tasty. The two of us will return to this gem. Service was fine / more than adequate.Special Features:
- Amazing findNYmemoriesDined on 7/29/2014We visited this restaurant hoping it lived up to the review we found. It is in a covenient midtown location opposite the Radio City Music Hall. Steep steps downstairs (don't know if they is a lift?) An amazing find, a true gem. Charming waiters, great atmosphere and the food is to die for! If I could have licked the plate I would have! Will definitely be returning when I next visit NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good neighborhood spotKWR57VIPDined on 7/28/2014Quiet, good food and quick service. Very good spot for business lunch.Special Features:
- Nice FindAbbyDined on 7/25/2014Loved the ambiance when I walked in. Would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Very NiceLaiaDined on 7/19/2014Pleasant, good music, no noise which is lovely for a change so you can actually hear each other, tasty food, priced reasonable for NYSpecial Features:
- Good quick and localOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/18/2014Great spot for local quick lunch. Quick service and friendly staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem right by Rock CenterDickDined on 7/16/2014Great place for a lunch and conversation. Met there with a friend for lunch to catch up; service was super accommodating. Hidden from the noise and bustle of rock center. Worth checking out for yourself - you will not be disappointed. Definitely recommend the beet cappacio with feta - so so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, service can be improvedivanDined on 7/16/2014giving it 5-star because of the food and the friendliness of the hosts, servers can do a lot better though and would have been 4.5 if there was such an option. nice ambianceSpecial Features:
- HmmnnKim1VIPDined on 7/14/2014A difficult review as objectively I have no complaints. I have been to the West Houston restaurant many times. It's great. But mid town. Not so sure. We arrived very wet as we were caught in a downpour. Staff were really helpful drying us off! And service was good thereafter. And the food was not bad either. They are still doing their free pasta promotion. If that lasts much longer was does that say? Overall I prefer the West Houston restaurant. It just has a better feel . And I think the food is better too.
- Gem of Midtown ManhattanElizabethDined on 7/4/2014I had dinner with my daughter for her 21st birthday and Da Marcella did not disappoint. The Steak Delmonico (Grilled NY Steak) and Tagliatelle alla Bolognese (specialty of the house) we ordered was divine. The waiters were attentive and friendly. Thank you for making this occasion special. We will definitely return if ever we are in NY again.Special Features:
- One good plate, one too saltyHappyChineseDinerDined on 7/3/2014Took my out of town guest there for lunch. She had the the beef stew (sort of) while I finished the shrimp skew. My was tasty, but her plate was pretty salty. She wouldn't eat her entree and we shared my shrimps. Ambience was good with a balanced mix of local residents, foreign tourists, and people from the offices nearby. Service was prompt and adequate, as most restaurants in the city. If the chef had a chance to read my review, please use less salt for the meat dishes next time. Thanks!Special Features:
- Going great until.......NickMVIPDined on 7/1/2014Hostess - beautiful. Appetizers awesome. Main meal awesome. Dessert awesome. Service was awesome until...... Killed the mood at the end when they seemed to flop. Only took our dessert order but no coffee/tea offer. We had to pull the waiter over for that request. Wrong coffee came initially. Correct coffee came but forgot my tea. No spoons given nor milk. Had to ask. The milk they gave seemed to be curdled and we returned both coffee's. Then my tea came to which I returned it. Then had a delay asking for the check. All in all, I think this was just a bad ending to a great meal. I would probably try this place again as the food was that good. The ending just killed a perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quaint Little Italian/MediterraneanLynJohn1023Dined on 6/28/2014Don't be fooled by the quaintness though. This place is a gem! It is a stairwell down from the street, but not hard to locate. Even the walk down was interesting. The service was superlative. We had two waiters and not because someone was taking a break. We had them simultaneously. The tables were a bit close. But, as I say, it was quaint. The food was to die for. Presentation was very appetizing. The flavors were well married and pleasant to the palate. We went to celebrate my oldest child's engagement. I'll go to celebrate the birth of his first child as well. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Go eat here---it is great!!TimBDined on 6/28/2014Staying nearby and decided to try this place. Had read the Open Table reviews and decided to try before a theatre performance. There was plenty of staff all very attentive so prior service issues have been beautifully resolved. The food is incredibly delicious and well prepared. Only wish I had more time to savor additional courses. A real bargain for such exceptional food. My only issue was the lighting was a little dim at my table. It may have been better elsewhere in the place. Bar looked inviting. Friendly staff! Looking forward to another visit soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual atmosphere, good foodlongislanditalianDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant was recommended to us by the lovely lady at the front desk of our hotel. We were looking for something close by as we were seeing a concert at Radio City. The restaurant was just down the block from both places. We were given a coupon for a free pasta dish which we used and the tagliatelle bolognese was outstanding. The mozzarella and tomato appetizer was delicious but a little skimpy, as was the short rib entree. The only thing below par were the drinks - my wine was awful and returned for a sangria that tasted like grape juice. However, considering the pricing for this part of town, and the quality of the food, it was a good recommendation.Special Features:
- Great Food - Great PricesAKannenbergDined on 6/28/2014Chose this restaurant because of it's proximity to Radio City Music Hall and will definitely go back next time I'm in the area. The food was excellent yet affordable, which is not easy to find in the area of Manhattan. The service was lacking, I felt like I was constantly looking for a waiter. No one came by to take our order or check in on us after the food was brought. I had to flag him down, but he was responsive.
- HimeVIPDined on 6/26/2014service was too slow for lunch. food was good and decently priced.Special Features:
- Hidden GemHacmanDined on 6/20/2014You need to walk down a flight of stairs to enter the restaurant and you could easily walk by it, but this is a trip worth taking. In a area filled with very pricey options, this is moderately priced and the food is excellent. It bills itself as a "Mediteranian" restaurant, but this is basically an Italian restaurant. There are a lot of good choices on the menu, but rying something with their bolagnese sauce should be required. We'll be returning.Special Features:
- Wonderful food,friendly atmosphere!Db96Dined on 6/18/2014Came here based on reviews and was not dissapointed. All the food was excellent. The atmosphere was fun and friendly. The service was a little slow at first but picked up at the end, we easily made our 8:00 curtainSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food but awful servicereviewer19Dined on 6/16/2014Disappointing experience. The food was fine but I expect better service from a restaurant located in the Rock center area.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/16/2014Great service and cozy ambience. Will definitely go back again. Glad we found this placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!!!!!MJJEDined on 6/14/2014Not one bad dish. Food tastes like you are sitting in your Grandma's kitchen filled with love. Spread the word.Special Features:
- Second time!jojonycVIPDined on 6/12/2014Had a great meal again, glad to see their business is picking up, last night was pretty packed, thus a bit noisy. Food still great, but the service was not that attentive. Overall I still enjoyed my dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night of the Tony AwardsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/8/2014Couldn't have picked a better night to eat out. Very quiet great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Wonderful SurpriseAaronDined on 6/6/2014We would never have expected a great dining experience with good food and good service in the touristy Rockefeller Center area of New York but we found both. Although this restaurant is really Italian it doesn't bill itself that way which is the only hiccup if you think you don't want Italian food. However this is far from the ordinary 'red sauce' spot. Their tagliatelle bolognese is made with a sauce cooked for hours and tastes incredible. The braised short ribs were made with the same care and the tase was superior to most. The prices were surprisingly moderate and if you check the restaurant website you will be able to get the bolognese pasta at no cost! The appetizers were also quite different like their beet carpaccio. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Limited menu choicesRedbrendaVIPDined on 5/29/2014This restaurant is labelled Mediterranean. It is Italian. My friend is vegetarian and there are VERY limited choices for non meat-eaters. Not one item on the entree menu was suitable for a vegetarian. Good service and the food was fine, but due to the fact that no menu is posted on Open Table, we made a mistake in booking this restaurant.
- It was my 2nd time eating thereToutouDined on 5/21/2014I enjoy eating at this place the food is great the service is excellent the atmosphere is friendly and so inviting.Special Features:
- The following 17 reviews are from the Da Marcella - Midtown reviews archive.
- Homemade pasta nr Rockefeller CtrkellyVIPDined on 5/13/2014If you are looking for homemade pasta, this is the place to dine adjacent to Rockefeller Center. The staff is very nice and the ambience is quiet and perfect for our business meal. Mussels for appetizers were good but not exceptional. Hostess recommended the special, paella, which was mostly rice and only small morsels of shellfish. So, if you go, the pasta is delicious!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceoutstandingVIPDined on 5/12/2014Conveniently located just off 5 th ave, this restaurant offers a selection of well prepared dishes with totally fresh ingredients. Personable and attantive service. Food was deliciousSpecial Features:
- Good pre-theatertheaterGOERSDined on 5/8/2014Good food, good prices, fair service, free paella with coupon available online, reasonably-priced small wine list, excellent grilled octopus appetizer, very good calamari, fine selection of pasta, super sorbet (passion fruit), and a glass of grappa. Only negatives: bit noisy, took away bread plate after first course, and coffee came without milk/cream and no one came over that we could ask to bring it. We will come again.Special Features: