5 East Main Street
Avon, CT 06001Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dacaporestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8606775599
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from da Capo
Da Capo brings to Connecticut a recipe found in Little Italy in the early 1900's: "Authentic New York Style Thin Crust Pizza." Almost a century later, da Capo proudly presents our famous "Old World" recipe, along with classic family dining as well as contemporary Italian pasta dishes.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
da Capo - Best Restaurants in Avon ›
da Capo reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (7)great for lunch (6)kid-friendly (6)neighborhood gem (5)great for outdoor dining (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (1)special occasion (1)notable wine list (1)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- Enjoyable mealDAVIDSDined on 8/28/2014Run-of-the-mill Italian . Nothing bad. Mussels small but tasty with great sauce.Special Features:
- Refused to honor my Opentable CheckNutmegDined on 8/17/2014Refused to honor my Opentable Check. The waitress said she didn't know how to do it. The correct response to this situation is to accept the check, adjust the customer's bill and figure out the issue later and not keep the customer waiting or refuse to honor the check.
- Food was greatLarryBDined on 8/15/2014Get the pasta with broccoli rabe and white beans...yumSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service took the night offdiningoutfromCTDined on 8/15/2014The good news is that Da Capo has very good food and their pizza crust is consistently the best I've ever had--fairly thin with the right balance between crispy & chewy. Pizza toppings were fresh and there is just the right amount to make it taste authentic. Service however was another story--terrible. Food came at different times; one pizza completely forgotten; the meat on another pizza forgotten; and a piece of advice I'd like to offer all restaurants--if you can't keep water glasses replenished, please leave a pitcher of water on the table so we can take care of it ourselves!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/12/2014Food was excellent. Portions large and a lot of value for your dollar. However, the service was very, very poor. Took over a half hour to get our first course. I had to tell the waitress to find our where our first course was located. From what I can tell there were only 2 waitresses on that evening. There were some bus staff but overrall the waitstaff was overwhelmed and understaffed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will not be backBobGDined on 6/14/2014Service was a bit slow, salads had wilted lettuce and a long blond hair in one serving. Pasta dishes were large and reasonably tasty. Waitress was apologetic and provided one dessert to share. We have dined at da Capo in Litchfield twice and enjoyed out meals but the Avon restaurant is not up to our minimum standards.
- The following 54 reviews are from the da Capo reviews archive.
- What a disappointmentOpenTablefanVIPDined on 5/24/2014Got there for our 7:30 reservation. Place is VERY noisy, could not have a conversation across the table. Waited 30 minutes and no one came to take our order. Waitress was at the table next to us several times in that half hour and after about 20 minutes said she would 'be right back'. Waited another 10 minutes Finally walked out. Could have just been a bad night for the servers but we would not go back
- Service was very poor!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014Usually a place that we like to go. Service was very poor. 20+ minutes before anyone even came to take drink orders. 1/2 the meals came out a good 15 minutes before the others and then there was a meal substitution without even coming back to the table to ask if the substitution was OK. At that point, what were we going to do - send it back and wait another 30 minutes. This will definetely keep us from goign back any time soon.
- Loud but Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/4/2014Tough to find a quiet table, but bar area is fun and food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Generous portions. Could easilyDAVIDSDined on 4/4/2014Generous portions. Could easily share a main course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just O.K.CantonFoodieDined on 3/22/2014Went on a Saturday night making reservations only 2 hrs prior. We were seated immediately while others ahead of us, presumably without reservations, were still waiting. Going out to dinner should be a relaxing experience. Not here. The entire staff was literally running the whole time we were there. They appeared to be grossly under-staffed. Our waitress was invisable for most of the meal. We saw her when we ordered and when it was time to pay. Food was delivered by runners and tables bussed by othersr. Had to flag someone down to get water glasses refilled. Food was OK but nothing special. Prices are reasonable. The noise level on this night was very high. Bottom line, there are better restaurant choices to be had in this area.Special Features:
- Good, basic Italian. Can reliePRPLCVIPDined on 3/15/2014Good, basic Italian. Can relie on consistency in its food preparation.Special Features:
- Very good mealPickyeaterVIPDined on 3/15/2014I ordered a salad with chicken as I have many time before here and I'd say that everything was tasty but the portion size is smaller than it used to be. The salad dressings (I tried both) were excellent as was the bread.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, very noisy environmentBrianDined on 2/14/2014Great food, very noisy environment though. Would recommend for a good meal with friends, not so much for a dinner date.
- Nice Valentines DayAndreaDined on 2/14/2014We made reservations last minute and were pleased to get a table at 7:15. We found out why...they put tables everywhere! The poor wait staff had to go thru a maze to serve people. It was very crowded and very loud. Even asking the hostess to have someone sand the walkway it was a sheet of ice when we left! Despite those issues, the food was delicious and we would definitely go back...just not on an icy holiday!Special Features:
- MediocreHankDined on 2/14/2014I found the restaurant loud. The wait staff was overburden and service suffered somewhat. The food was okay, but that was it. There was nothing that differentiated this place. Ok for a quick meal, but that is the extent.Special Features:
- excellent service, very friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014excellent service, very friendly staff fair pricingSpecial Features:
- Entree Needs WorkNYCTrekkerVIPDined on 2/12/2014We have eaten here several times. The salads are large and delicious, definitely enough to share. The pizzas have been good, not great, but fine. Unfortunately, recently we order the chicken park. The portion was large, but the chicken was dry and barely eatable.Special Features:
- Food is always good and theYogaBeFit4uDined on 1/8/2014Food is always good and the staff friendly. Nice to have a local place that is consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- consistently goodmamakashaVIPDined on 12/23/2013We have eaten here many, many times and have enjoyed mostly all of our meals. The pasta dishes are wonderful as well as any meat or fish dinners. The salads are delicious. We did notice on our most recent visit that the size of the standard salad seems to have gotten smaller. But the quality did not suffer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to snuffPickyeaterVIPDined on 12/22/2013We went here for dinner because we have been many times and always enjoyed it. My son and I ordered the Toscana salad for our meals. I have done so many times and found it to be very plentiful. This time the size was much smaller, there was barely any mozzarella in there and he polenta croutons were cold. Our waitress was great. She brought us more mozzarella, and some hot polenta as well. The manager did not come over but did comp our meals. I'm not sure if it was an off night or if they have changed their portion size. The quality of everything was excellent; we enjoyed the salad dressing and the rolls were definitely as wonderful as usual.Special Features:
- da FiascoAlexisFVIPDined on 12/6/2013Every time I visit this restaurant they make unforgibable mistakes with the food, they always take between 60-90 minutes to serve your food and even if I have reservations they make me wait most times, I am not coming back ever again!!!
- Yum!nikkiDined on 11/27/2013Food was delicious! Our sever did not pay NEARLY half to attention to our table that she did to the one next to us. They came in half an hour after us, got an appetizer within 10 minutes of sitting bread, olive oil, water, and silverware, immediately, while we had to ask for bread, plates and silverware after getting her attention after our food arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/23/2013We went on a busy Saturday night and sat at a table for 4 in the bar area. Considering the time and place, the noise level was acceptable. We ordered the toscana salad intending to split it 2 ways, but it was large enough for all 4 of us. The veal parm, pizza with mushrooms and sausage, and a linguini entree whose name I cannot remember were very good. The linguini Primavera was very bland -no pesto as described on the menu and surprising because the other linguini dish was so flavorful. Our server was very good - attentive and she did not rush us. We will return.Special Features:
- Too Loud!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/16/2013The dining room was so loud you could not enjoy a conversation with the person next to you. To find the waitress to tell her my salad was a bowl of onions, feta and toooo much dressing was impossible. She never returned to refill drinks or check on food. A very disappointing night. Will not return!
- Excellent FoodKayamayDined on 11/8/2013Food was excellent, love the family style dining if that is an option you are looking for. It is a little loud in the restaurant, but very fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great family restaurantjjvsagDined on 10/14/2013Went to de Capo for dinner with family (Dad, Mom, girls 14, 13 & 3, and a visiting exchange student from Spain. Had a reservation and were seated immediately--restaurant wasn't very busy when we arrived. Waitress took drink orders and back quickly, but could have been more attentive with drinks from that point on. Ordered de Capo chips--always excellent, large house salad--fresh but bland, and a couple of pizzas which were outstanding--some of the best crust I've ever tasted and the toppings were fresh and delicious. Dessert was also great--tiramisu, chocolate mousse cake and canollis. Overall, a great evening at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How not to make veal parmigianaGoestodinneroftenDined on 10/6/2013The pasta was fairly decent, the veal was as hard as a rock, the mozzarella cheese overlying the veal was badly warm; in addition also all the Italian wines were 3-4 times the cost in a local store. No offer of a sprinkling of parmesan cheese. In other works there are many more restaurants in these area which will offer you MUCH BETTER dining experience.
- Quaint, Fun & TastydiningisdivineDined on 10/4/2013All positive things to say about da Capo!. The atmosphere is both quaint and sophisticated. The food is tasty and the wine list extensive. Can't say enough about the wood-fired stove. It creates some of the best tasting pizza and also creates the perfect ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerPickyeaterVIPDined on 10/1/2013My friend and I both ordered salmon on a salad and totally enjoyed our dinner. The salads were excellent as was the bread. A home run!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They cater to kidsTJ100Dined on 9/14/2013Food wasn't bad, but sitting adjacent to the bar wasn't very special. Nice service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best pizza in AvonCTJohnVIPDined on 9/6/2013Good salads, good pizza. I haven't been as impressed with pasta dishes.
- neighborhood italianJeaniVIPDined on 9/6/2013this is the kind of restaurant you can go with a crowd of adults or kids, the menu is basic Italian with a few standout dishes. Their salads are huge even the single portions and the main courses are well prepared. Their service is friendly and quick. We like it for a Friday night after a long week of work. The bar can get noisy with two large screen TVs but that is part of the ambience .Special Features:
- Good food and service butShammyDined on 8/10/2013Good food and service but can be really loud when busy. Hard to hear normal conversation at your table at times.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great as usual.dougrDined on 8/2/2013Food was great as usual. The pizza is the thin crust NY style pizza and the Tuscana salad is a must have.Special Features:
- Best pizza aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/26/2013You won't find a better pizza in CT, or anywhere for that matter. Perfect thin crust. Whole wheat option too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as everOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/31/2013The two of us usually eat at da Capo early on a weeknight with no need for reservation. Our daughter was in town for a business trip so we make reservations for 7:45 PM on Friday. We arrived 15 minutes early and were shown right to a table even though it was very crowded and busy. With one exception, our service was timely, neither slow nor rushed. The need to ask for bread three times was the only exception to otherwise impeccable service. We usually request pasta dishes a little different from the menu offering. The wait and kitchen staff always accommodate. When we arrived, the crowd noise made conversation difficult but by little after 8 PM the number of customers had thinned out and the sound level dropped.Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/24/2013We had an incredible meal this evening... the Salmon and the Teramisu were out of this world. The owner and also waitress were exceptional, we can't wait to go back and enjoy the outdoor seating as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What??berniedinesVIPDined on 5/11/2013The food is fine. The service is fine. But don't plan to have a conversation while you're there. I've been there twice in the last month (on weekend nights), and the noise level is unbearable.Special Features:
- very busy due to Mother'shappy2BhereVIPDined on 5/11/2013very busy due to Mother's Day holiday. pizza looked great. we'll be back.Special Features: