da Benito Ristorante
184 Walton Avenue
Union, NJ 07083Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
da Benito Ristorante
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.dabenito.com/
- Phone: 9089645850
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 10:00pm
Saturday 5:00pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from da Benito Ristorante
Exquisite cuisine complimented with our extensive award winning wine list featuring hundreds of names to choose from including the very best from Italy, France and California makes for a unique and memorable dining experience at this top New Jersey restaurant. Attention to detail defines “Fine Dining” at restaurant da Benito. Immaculate white table linens on every table and a professional wait staff will cater to your every wish. Walls full of pictures of celebrities who frequent daBenito will cause you to look around because you never know who you will see. Our menu is as rich in flavor as it is diverse and incorporating local grown vegetables, homemade pastas, aged steaks that rival the best steak houses and fresh wild seafood creates a menu that has to be tasted to be appreciated.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
da Benito Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Union ›
da Benito Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)special occasion (17)fit for foodies (15)romantic (14)notable wine list (13)good for groups (11)great for lunch (11)hot spot (9)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- You Can't Go WrongTheBigGuyVIPDined on 8/16/2014The food, wine and service were fabulous. This is a very special place, and is consistently outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was just ok, nothing specialilovelifeDined on 8/16/2014We were sitting next to a family with 3 boys between 5 & 10 years old. Extremely loud and boys were banging on the table like they were drums, etc. Good was just ok, nothing special. We were 3 adults and we had 3 different appetizers and 3 different main courses; filet mignon, veal and bass. Veal was dried out, steak was not cooked as requested and bass was bland. For the price, it wasn't worth it.
- awesome foodles & serviceDiner44VIPDined on 8/16/2014Great appetizers and awesome food. The staff wwas exceptional from start to finish. We will be back. Chef pays attention to everything from front of house to back of house. The strawberry napoleon was fantastic a pleasant surprise. Keep up the good work & service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LackingLesleyDined on 8/1/2014Meal was fine, but nothing special. Restaurant was pretty empty on a Friday night, didn't make for a fun evening.
- amazing!LiLIDined on 7/23/2014Haven't been here in years and they haven't skipped a beat! Totally delish! Ask for the 4 cheesae ravioli that is NOT on the menu, however, they are pleased to prepare for you and there is nothing really comparable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food & ServicePQPR235Dined on 7/18/2014Quality and savoir of my meal was delicious. I would recommend Benito to any one that would like an excellent meal. Appetizers, desserts, drinks were delicious!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a plesurable dining experienceeatineddieVIPDined on 7/17/2014Have eaten here often and will continue to do so. Everything about it is consistantly very good. I look forward to returning...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/21/2014More than 15 years ago, I frequented this neighborhood for my work, enjoying the opportunity to dine at da Benito a couple of times each year. A personal trip brought me here 15 years later. Da Benito remained as wonderful as I had remembered, with excellent service, top quality food and a wonderful wine selection. Old school, but fresh as a daisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always DecliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/20/2014We have been going to da Benito for special occasions and dinner for years. Besides the reliablely good northern Italian fare, the specials are particularly good. On a recent June night, my sister had the grilled shrimp appetizer which was perfectly grilled and still warm when it came to the table. My father had stuffed clams which had smoked chorizo as part of the stuffing and added a nice smokiness to the tender soft clam underneath and my step mother had a Caesar salad which she said had just enough dressing,crisp romaine and homemade croutons. Veal chop for dad done to his medium well specification. salmon for my sister. Ink pasta was outstandinging If they ever decide to make zambliogne, I would go just for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentcmg43Dined on 6/19/2014Everything was so tasty and beautifully prepared, all dishes were great. The staff is all welcoming and very efficientSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY SPECIALYoungtimersVIPDined on 5/17/2014Master Chef and proprietor Benito is like a fine wine, he manages to improve where improvement seems impossible. Going on two decades of consistent delight the experience continues to surprise! Last Saturday evening was one of those of very special times. We started with two excellent tomato, onion and blue cheese salads from the menu. We both chose entrees from the evening’s special menu. Sautéed soft shell crabs and a grilled pork chop both at least fifteens on a scale of 1 to 10. We finished with two espressos and shared the always delightful strawberry- zabaglione Napoleon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotChipDined on 5/15/2014Really liked the great food, ambience and service. Definitely would come againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Continual ExcellenceJscottyVIPDined on 5/8/2014Benito's continues , 30 years as the premier restaurant in our area and the state . Each dish is of the highest quality and taste . You can't find a better and nicer person in owner and chef Benny and his staff . Just when you think your meal can't be then last time , it is .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 77 reviews are from the da Benito Ristorante reviews archive.
- My happy 65 thJerseyBoyGGDined on 4/12/2014Excellent service, excellent menu and good; excellent wine list. Handled our party of 10 with ease. We sat on the " wine cellar". Just a great vibe and a wonderful evening all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, food was fantasticGreatDined on 3/26/2014As always, food was fantastic and had a great corner table!Special Features:
- This Restaurant never diappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 3/25/2014This Restaurant never diappoints - service, cuisine wine - always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around great experienceMsMaur33Dined on 3/22/2014This place has terrific food and top notch service. My husband had the Wagyu Kobe beef steak special, he thought it was outstanding, tender and seasoned well. I had the filet mignon which was cooked perfectly and very tender. Also the owner/chef came to the table make sure everything was to our liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoriteJerseyGirl227VIPDined on 3/8/2014One of the best and most consistant restaurant's in the North / Central Jersey region. The food and service are excellent and the location is perfect (2 minutes off the GSP) I highly recommend Benitos.Special Features:
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/6/2014Excellent, and deliciously prepared, food and wine list. Attentive and professional servers. Definitely would recommend; can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentJerseyGirl227VIPDined on 2/27/2014The food and service at benitos is top notch. The staff is friendly but professional. The Chef/owner makes a point to greet each of his dinners and makes everyone feel important if its your first time or a long time regular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014This restaurant was the hottest topic of conversation over the past year and I was so excited to take my boyfriend there for his Birthday/Valentines Day. "Fine Dining"? The men had on jeans. The service was amazing, but the food that was supposed to be out of this world was subpar, at best. The baked clams appetizers were the best thing we ordered. I had the angel hair pasta with shrimp. Can you believe the shrimps were chopped up into little pieces? The caesar salad was the rib of the romaine no greens at all $20 for salad. My boyfriend ordered the lamb chops and asked that they be prepared well done. They came out medium rare he had to send them back. The bread was burnt. This place is OVER PRICED and UNDERWHELMING to say the least
- Birthday DinnerMichael407Dined on 2/8/2014Group of six celebrating 70th birthday of a friend; warm, friendly, quiet, excellent food and wine selection.... overall a most enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great experienceJerseyGirl227VIPDined on 2/5/2014If you are looking for a great meal, professional yet friendly service and a convenient location Benitos is the place to go. The food is consistently exceptional and the specials can really be creative. The Chef/Owner greats his guests and make everyone feel welcomed. Although it is fine dining, it is not stuffy, you can really relax and have a great time. There is a wine room that is often used for private parties and when its not book is a very cozy romantic spot.Special Features:
- Went for dinner on a ThursdayDeniseinnjVIPDined on 1/30/2014Went for dinner on a Thursday night. This is one of only a handful of restaurants near where I work that are suitable for a nice business dinner. Food is reliably good and the atmosphere, while bland, is okay. It's a good place to order small plates as well so you can keep dinner on the light side. They are very accommodating. Unfortunately we had a brand new server who was struggling considerably and at one point he was severely reprimanded in front of us by an experienced waiter. While I appreciate that it was recognized he was not performing well, it would have been better to discreetly take him aside. Otherwise we enjoyed our experience as usual.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the top restaurantsCindyVIPDined on 1/25/2014One of the top restaurants in NJ. This restaurant always has the most delicious food and the owner even comes around to check on all of his patrons throughout the evening. I recommend this for anyone who wants to have a wonderful meal with a delicious cocktail to go with it.Special Features:
- greatmatlovesfoodDined on 1/25/2014The food was fantastic. It is apparent they are using high quality ingredients. The service is impeccable, every detail of it. The waiters do not hover over you but always where there when needed. After dinner we where not rushed to leave. We did stay for coffee but not desert. The waiter offered us a after dinner drink on the chef. By no means is this an inexpensive resturant but still worth the quality of food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- da Benito Ristorante is fabulous!JerseyGirl227VIPDined on 1/20/2014da Benito Ristorante is fabulous! Probably one of the best restaurants in Central Jersey. The food and service is outstanding. I have never been disappointed with a meal here. And, if you're lucky enough to go on a night when 'Benny" is making meatballs as a special, order them! You will not be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great place, such wonderfulcmg43Dined on 1/16/2014a great place, such wonderful food and great wine choices, just loved itSpecial Features:
- New Year's Eve was very crowdedDonoDined on 12/31/2013New Year's Eve was very crowded and we had to wait 30 minutes beyond our reserved time. Service rather slow but pleasant. Food was good. Noisy and table placement lousy for 2 people. Most tables were 4 or more. Mostly chalked up the experience to the special occasion. Would go back on 'normal' night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine dinning at Benito RIstoranteBillsBestBetsDined on 12/31/2013New Year's Eve dining can be a nightmare. Overcrowded seating and overworked kitchens often make for an unsatisfying dinning experience. Or a dinner could choose to have a quality experience and go to Benitos. Management had prepared for the hustle of the special evening. Seating, by reservation, was on-time and waiters busy but attentive and courteous. Special request on this busy evening were handled efficiency and aplomb. The secret behind Benito Ristorante, as in all good restaurants, is a master chef. Food presentation was excellent, the food fantastic. Prepared to order, steaks and chops were prepared with care and seasoned with the experience of a master chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent DinnerSteakluva24VIPDined on 12/27/2013Had my first try, dinner was excellent. Everything was prepared just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprised at poor serviceMTSPVIPDined on 12/6/2013Unless it was our waiters first night serving, his service was poor. He didn't even know what Stoli was when ordering cocktails. That explained why our drinks tasted strange. They used a different vodka (which gave me a splitting headache by the way) instead of Stoli I suspect. I hope it was just an off night. Prior visits the service was good. I may return to give it another try in hopes of a better experience. Chef needs to be a little flexible on menu items especially when a food allergy is present and a guest requests to eliminate certain foods from a dish or have cooked a specific way.
- FantasticoIncrediblesDined on 11/30/2013Da Benito remains our favorite restaurant. Every dish is outstanding. We had tuna tartare and tomatoes w/ buffalo mozzarella for appetizer--> outstanding. The taste is incredible. Main courses were all astounding: pasta orrechiete, salmon w/ dill sauce and the special bass. The desserts and wine made this an unforgettable meal. Benito and his staff are all so friendly and accomodating. Fantastico!Special Features:
- My 15 month loved itReeesterVIPDined on 11/29/2013Yes, it is not a typo. I took my best friend for her birthday lunch to da Benitos' along with my 15 month old daughter. The wait staff couldn't be more accommodating. They made her a special super mini pasta shell dish...she loved it and it was all their idea. For lunch there was only 2 other tables, so it was a perfect quiet setting to enjoy. A definite recommendation...as they are "kid-friendly"..would go back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanks to a wonderful team!LindaDined on 11/23/2013Dona the hostess greeted us immediately with a pleasant personality and kindness. Raymond knew the specials well and his suggestions were spot on as he described each dish. Luis very attentive and anticipated our needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our First Time a da BenitoBobGDined on 11/16/2013It's hard to beleive that we never tried this terrific local restaurtant before, It is an exceptional restaurant. The decor is upscale and beautiful. The lighting and acousitcs are excellent and the room was pleasantly active on Saturday night. Our waiter was very pleasant, always smiling and very helpful. as to the food, all four of us loved everything that we tried. My Osso Bucco was the best I have ever had. My wife had a sea bass that she loved. Others had veal and rack of lamb and were very pleased. I would highly recommend da Benito and will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended!JerseyGirl227VIPDined on 11/16/2013Benito's is Union County's gem. The food is always great, served perfectly and always plated beautifully. I often go to Benitos with out of town friends, as its right off of the Parkway. The owner/chef Benitos always makes a point of greeting his guests. The entire staff is professional and can anticipate your needs without being overbearing. This is fine dining without the pretentiousness that often comes at your more pricey establishments. Well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, as usual.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/11/2013Excellent food, as usual. Interesting selections, Exquisite presentation. Waiters can get a bit overwhelmed when the dining room is busy. The dining room also is noisy. Pricey for lunch. Party of 3, no wine, one appetizer, three entrees, three desserts and coffee rang up for $180 not including tip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor service , worse Italian foodMarmarVIPDined on 11/9/2013Food has no flavor what so ever ! Any thing but Italian ! Appetizers were good ! Staff are very unprofessional ! Not worth your money
- Best drink we've had in aMargeDined on 11/9/2013Best drink we've had in a restaurant. They gave us an honest drink, not stingy. Gin and wine were super! Pasta was a little spicy but my hubby did not need any salt or cheese at all....coming from him, that means a lot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.