D4 Irish Pub and Cafe
345 E. Ohio Street (Entrance on Grand Ave.)
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Gold Coast / Streeterville
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
D4 Irish Pub and Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.d4pub.com/
- Phone: 3126248385
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Irish
- Executive Chef: Joe Butera
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: McClurg Court
- Public Transit: Bus routes - 65, 66, 29, 124 to Illinois and McClurg Ct. (from South and West) OR Red line Subway, Grand stop
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Validated Parking $10 for 3 hours in The Streeter Parking Garage directly above D4. Entrance on Ohio St. or Grand Ave.
A word from D4 Irish Pub and Cafe
D4 Irish Pub & Cafe, named after Dublin's premiere zip code, brings a taste of Dublin to Chicago's Streeterville neighborhood. Serving modern favorites with an Irish flair, our kitchen puts the comfort of home cooking into all of our signature dishes. From our rustic shepherd's pie and hand battered fish & chips to our towering Angus beef burgers and warm bread pudding, D4 uses the finest and freshest ingredients in all of our homemade recipes. Cozy up next to one of our two fireplaces during the colder months or enjoy a private table in our main dining room. Alfresco dining is also available on our lush and expansive outdoor patio during the summer months. D4's libations list offers a vast collection of craft and imported beers, wines from around the world, seasonal cocktails and an extensive scotch and whiskey list to satisfy your every whim. Join us for a business lunch, a memorable dinner, or a relaxing weekend brunch and experience a little taste of home.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
D4 Irish Pub and Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (31)great for outdoor dining (23)good for groups (20)great for lunch (19)fit for foodies (13)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (12)late-night find (10)kid-friendly (10)romantic (5)hot spot (5)special occasion (2)scenic view (2)Show More
- great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014We tried this out because it was close to our hotel. Wewerenot disappointed! GREAT food and our waiter was charming but not annoying. Service was perfectand we left feeling full and happy. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We bring our friends hereDaveSchanDined on 9/14/2014D4 has a varied menu and moderate prices. Service is consistently good. On this occasion we brought three couples to join us after a downtown Chicago outing. All eight had little trouble finding items on the menu to pick from. Service was prompt and sufficiently attentive. Everyone enjoyed their entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot for lunchhoosiertravelerDined on 9/12/2014Had a nice lunch here. Food was very good. My husband enjoyed his sliced lamb sandwich and I liked my lobster crab roll very much. Bloody Mary was excellent. Service was very good. The décor is very nice also. Would go back.Special Features:
- Delicious Findluv2dineDined on 9/6/2014We were in town for the Bears Game and we were meeting family. The concierge recommended D4. Great kid friendly menu with plenty of variety for the adults as well as great drinks. Lovely ambience. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- good comfort foodBoatingGirlDined on 9/5/2014Located in Streeterville, this is an Irish bar/restaurant with reasonable prices and good food! I love their lobster mac and cheese, hubbie likes the pulled pork sandwich. Next time will try their fish and chips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good valueChicagoNativeDined on 8/30/2014This was our second visit to D4 (once with adults only, this time with kids), and once again we were not disappointed. The menu is typical pub fare with some home-style cooking mixed in . The portions are large and the prices are very good for the city. The kids and adults loved the chicken tenders (one order could probably feed 2 kids under the age of 10), and the shepard's pie, chicken pot pie, fish and chips, and burgers are very good. If you are looking for gourmet food, this isn't the place. But if you are looking for some of the best pub food in town at very reasonable prices, D4 will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent servicePCM716VIPDined on 8/26/2014We had a group of 9 for lunch and we were served well and quickly with attentive service including drink refills without asking.Special Features:
- Very relaxed atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/24/2014I love the relaxed feel of this place and would definitely would return to try more dishes. The Veggie Omelet was amazing and selected by all for Brunch. Service was well-timed and friendly.Special Features:
- Fabulous DinnerDiningWithACrowdDined on 8/23/2014There were 8 of us in our party and we wanted a spot near Navy Pier that would take 8 people at 7pm. They were wonderful! The food was fantastic and prompt and the waitstaff was very attentive. We ordered to appetizers to share and they were delicious. We ordered the loaded tater tots and the home made potato chips with dip. I had the D4 Burger, 2 people ordered the fish and chips, one person had the lobster mac and cheese.Special Features:
- JMC54Dined on 8/21/2014This is definitely a hidden gem! Great food, decent prices, nice atmosphere. The outdoor seating area was very pretty but due to rain we chose to sit indoors. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StuartDined on 8/17/2014A great spot for brunch especially when they have the outdoor patio open. Very scenic and yet comfortable. Surrounded by plants and trees. Brunch menu is simple but very good. Service is always good. Went with our friends from California. They loved it. Katie was a good server!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood bar and restoHensel310VIPDined on 8/15/2014D4 is a pretty authentic Irish bar serving a terrific selection of very good food. The large interior pub is very spacious featuring a dining room and a bar area. There is outdoor seating amidst a pretty urban garden which is a very nice place to be on a beautiful summer evening. The waitstaff is terrific, very accommodating and friendly. The menu selections are vast with great burgers as you would expect but also include fish tacos, quinoa and kale salads, a range of sandwiches and cooked meat, chicken and fish. All plates are nicely presented with quick service. I have always had a great experience at D4, it is dependable, friendly and the food is delicious. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Bad service.MarkDined on 8/4/2014We've been to D4 a few times and have always liked their food. Our waitress on our most recent visit was one of the worst I've ever had. Very rude and her timing was awful. She came to our table 4 times asking if we were ready to order when we had just arrived and then after we had our food we never saw her again. She also made a big production out of taking the signed check while we were still at the table talking. Does she really need it right away? Wish I had gotten her name so I could let you know who to avoid.
- Excellent meal!KatieKDined on 7/19/2014We dined at D4 on a Saturday evening at about 9:30pm with a group of 5 and we had an excellent time! The food was absolutely delicious, the service was great and the prices were incredibly reasonable for Chicago. We were so thrilled with our meal that I can't wait to come back next time we are in the area! Thanks D4!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple and sweetDoulosandrewDined on 7/19/2014Went there with my family of five and we were treated very well. Good outdoor seating as well as a good five indoors. All food was brought in a timely manner and was cooked well. Pretty solid menu but not too overwhelming. My kids enjoyed the meals my wife and I were happy with our meals and their drink selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tsunami12Dined on 7/17/2014I always enjoy lunch at D4, I love the corn beef sandwich, jicama cole slaw, which has a zing. The french fries are great. For desert I had Tiramisue with berries, yum. Staff and service is always fiendly and inviting. Love the ambiance, fireplace, great bar, and windows all around. This could be my favorite casual restaurant, and I invite everyone to try it, something for everyone. Cheers!Special Features:
- Vegetarian Delight!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/16/2014BLOWN away by the vegetarian menu offerings! A new destination for pub food. HIGHLY recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UpstatetravelersDined on 7/16/2014Curry fries amazing! Worth the trip. Fish and chips great!Special Features:
- Great Shepard's Pie!luv2eatDined on 6/23/2014Went for a family reunion dinner. It was a little dark but we ate later in the evening. My 9yo nephew felt comfortable and easily found something to eat. They took a reservation and our waiter was really friendly. He was knowledgable about the menu and easy to talk to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice PubDrDaveVIPDined on 6/8/2014This was my second visit to D4 and my impressions are consistent: comfortable pub, good service and really good pub-style food. No, D4 will never earn a Michelin star, but that's just fine. The hostess and wait staff are friendly, the drinks are good and the beer selection is extensive. The grilled cheese triangles are delicious, as are each of the 3 available styles of slider. The D4 burger is really good, with lots of beef and just enough pretzel roll to hold on to. Great fries. The walnut Manhattan was a great riff on a classic cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/30/2014I was disappointed with my meal even though i spent $14 for 2 shrimps and 2 scallup, carots, green vegtables and lolooks like some kind of rice, my 2 co-works could not believe it also, this didn't include the drink that i had. would not recommend to any one I know and will tell other.
- gasjolietDined on 5/28/2014It's our go-to place within walking distance of home. Love the food, great service!Special Features:
- The following 132 reviews are from the D4 Irish Pub and Cafe reviews archive.
- Best Irish pub in ChicagofoodloverVIPDined on 5/20/2014Brendan, owner runs a tight ship and it shows. Excellent menu something for everyone. Food, delicious always prepared with a 'twist'. Service always above average. Outdoor/indoor spotlessly clean as are the bathrooms. Perfect place to bring old & new friends. Wonderfully stocked bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- federicoVIPDined on 5/17/2014This place is definitely a lot better for groups than for a single party. And the place can be cold as hell, so wear a scarf!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food....great service!Maddie139Dined on 5/17/2014We had a great experience at D4. This was my first time using Open Table to make a reservation and was happily surprised that we were seated on time! Our waiter helped us with menu recommendations and his service was great. Food was great! We were not disappointed and would go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent, overpriced foodjeev7882Dined on 5/16/2014Pretty good food overall, but fish and chips should never run $14 in Chicago... even in in tourist centric Streeterville. I also expected a better beer list, at least a more interesting assortment of what's on draught. They do have a cool outdoor patio, a nice spacious interior, and can accommodate large groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not where i thought it was !SteveVIPDined on 4/26/2014the food was good service was good atmosphere was not quite what i expected for an irish pub but not bad...the only concern i has was based on the address it was hard to find. It was more of an illinois st address not ohio st.Special Features:
- Pleasantly surprised, great timeCDDiningVIPDined on 4/25/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening, great appetizers, main courses had some unique choices and all were good. Ladies tried the special cocktails and enjoyed them, good selection of beers, not a great selection go wine - but definitely did not go for the wine. We will go back!Special Features:
- Great servicetrishalish79Dined on 4/18/2014I made a reservation for 6 people, which ended up turning into about 15. The staff was so accommodating and friendly. They could not have been more friendly or helpful. We were extremely satisfied with our visit to d4 and would recommend it to anyone else looking for a night out with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not my best tripChiTownVIPDined on 4/16/2014I've been to D4 a few times and absolutely love it. This trip was not good, but I'm not giving up on D4. Our waiter was just boring and seemed to have an attitude. Maybe just a bad day. Appetizer was awesome. Entree sucked. Great thing they have great beers to turn around a business lunch. I haven't gave up. I will return again. If bad. I give up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rainy night in ChicagoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2014My wife and I had dinner here on a very rainy night in Chicago. We walked from a local hotel, they sat us by the fire. The ambiance was great, as was the wait staff and the food. Nice beer selection and a great Margherita.Special Features:
- Good dinner and brunchAmusedJimVIPDined on 4/13/2014We have been there twice in the last two months - once for dinner and once for breakfast/brunch. Both were very good experiences. Chicago has several Irish pubs and we have been to several of them. D4 is one of the best ones.Special Features:
- We live in the neighborhoodJeffVDined on 4/12/2014We live in the neighborhood and enjoy eating regularly at D4. They have a nice outdoor space as well as a large, comfortable indoor space. Wide selection of alchol and the chef updates the menu throughout the year. Employees are courteous and attentive, in particular, the manager George and one of the servers, Q.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMyselfDined on 4/6/2014Excellent Irish place. Good choice of Beer Recall good food. To go placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food nice staffStaceyBironDined on 4/5/2014I had friends visiting from Montreal and we had dinner at the D4 Irish Pub. The place looks great. Our waitress was adorable, she recommended we try the fish tacos and they were delightful. The portion size are really big so you need a good appetite. Nice selection of beers. We had a great evening and the staff was very patient we my friends from out of town that speak little English.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than the "usual" IrishORRNVIPDined on 4/1/2014Better than the "usual" Irish pub - lots of good food choices done well along with the customary options - good beer & wine list too.Special Features:
- Awesome!!!IrishRobDined on 3/13/2014We had such an amazing time with great service and excellent food. Goran was an awesome server and made our experience memorable with a great personality and food recomendations. We will definitely be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- D4 is a Terrific RestuarntGatorDined on 3/5/2014We have never had a bad meal at D4. The food is wonderful, the service is terrific, and the owner, Mr. O'Neal takes great pride in the ambiance of the venue. It's decor is beautiful - can be loud at times - but, the feel and comfort of the restaurant far exceeds the noise level. The new menu offers something for everyone...my husband loves the burgers - for me, the bourban salmon is my favorite. And for Irish, the Guiness pour is top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food! Great Service!chadwicklewisVIPDined on 2/22/2014We discovered D4 a few weeks back as a great place to go before heading next door to AMC. The food is AMAZING, the drinks are great, they have a great beer selection, and the service is attentive. We have been back at least 4 times in less than a month. They have a patio - which I'm sure we will be on all summer. The home made chips are a MUST as are the chicken tenders!Special Features:
- my reservationscandieDined on 2/21/2014I made Reservations 4 days before. When arriving the host informed me that there was only one area that i can sit in , because thay had 2 big parties booked. and they were pretty full. I did not like being told this since i made reservations before hand and i should of been made aware at that time at that time so i could of decided if i wanted to keep my reservations. or go else where. The waiter i had sucked !!!! he never smiled brought a glass of water with no ice. just sat it on the table without making my party aware!!! . food 5 stars, atmosphere 5 stars , employees 1 star. for the few that did not wait on my table and actually was nice.Special Features: