d. Vino Italian Food and Wine Bar - Monte Carlo
3770 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
Monte Carlo Hotel & Casino
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
d. Vino Italian Food and Wine Bar - Monte Carlo
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dvinolv.com/
- Phone: 7027307966
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm; Friday - Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Michael Shaughnessy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: d.vino has two private dining areas designed to fit your needs. Our private room, Tuscany, accommodates up to fifteen guests, our semi-private area, Piedmonte, accommodates up to seventy guests. Exclusive use of d.vino is also available to accommodate up to 180 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Faviola Barrera 7027307967
A word from d. Vino Italian Food and Wine Bar - Monte Carlo
Housed in the Monte Carlo Resort & Casino, d.vino Italian Food & Wine Bar brings to life inspired Italian Cuisine in a hip setting. d.vino"s menu boasts a multitude of mouthwatering pastas, as well as specialty pizzas, and fresh fish, chicken and steak entrees created by Executive Chef Michael Shaughnessy. The restaurant offers a sleek bar featuring the state-of-the-art enomatic system, allowing guests to sample some of the best wines in the world, along with a menu of handcrafted cocktail and cult beers.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
d. Vino Italian Food and Wine Bar - Monte Carlo reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
notable wine list (10)good for groups (8)romantic (6)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (3)neighborhood gem (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- POOR SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014We asked the waitress that we would like to take our time for the appetizer...and 5 minutes after we received it, she brought our lasagna... She did'nt come back until we finished. No smile, no care ... The food was good but the wine price list is bit too expansive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food okayPatoremoDined on 9/3/2014The service and ambiance were great, the food was good, but nothing extraordinary. Portions are not huge, which is a plus for us gals that don't want to overeat; however, the men left wanting more. When checking out of the hotel, our teller asked how the food was and we said it was good but nothing more. She agreed. They have to go over the top to get this Italian's 5-star rating.Special Features:
- superb serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/2/2014Our wedding party of 7 was given a table in the back dining room, affording us privacy and quiet, as requested. Our waiter was friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. The seafood pasta was delish and so was the fettucine alfredo. Tiramisu and panna cotta ended our meal. As the bride, I was given a complimentary cosmopolitan. The only thing I missed was olive oil; instead they served butter with the bread. But f you're looking for solid Italian fare, this is it.Special Features:
- Yummy ItalianMommalinzDined on 8/29/2014Great way to start our mom's weekend. The food was great. The service was good. Just very low key, wish there had been music! The waiters and host were fantastic!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JesterDined on 8/12/2014Chicken Piccatta was inedible. Shame because the Fettucine Alfredo and the House saad were well above average.
- Evening Dinner OutingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2014For a special occasion dinner, this was a very nice restaurant. With the help of a coupon, that kept the bill in the very reasonable range. The lamb dinners we had were very nice, cooked perfectly. The tiramisu was one of the best. I have tried them around the world. I would definitely go back and try other dishes. The service was good, the staff warm and inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OK4friendslastmealDined on 7/12/2014Was really looking forward to this last meal in Vegas. The pastas were tasteless. The appetizer of mussels were delicious and the cheese Plate was very interesting to try. But nothing was spectacular which would make me go back other than the service, it was greatSpecial Features:
- Great service. Good food.lalaDined on 7/12/2014We had an early dinner at 6pm on a Saturday, so there was only one other table eating at D.Vino when we walked in. So, it was very quiet. Our server was nice and started us with some water. We were brought breadsticks to start. I ordered the lasagna which was pretty good. It wasn't covered in a lot of sauce, but maybe that's the authentic way? My husband had the veal ravioli, which he said was good. The tiramisu was nice and light. The creme brulee was ok too. Overall, the food was pretty good.Special Features:
- Vegas Casino-Limit Your ExpectaionsgourmetwannaBDined on 6/24/2014OK...Your at the Monte Carlo in Vegas, want dinner before a show, don't want to go a long distance. Its OK, but nothing more. Soup tasted out of a can, Saltimbocca Cannelloni was dry, Fettuccini Alfredo actually was not bad, and prices for Vegas very reasonable. Maybe that was the problem. I would have paid more for better food. Was looking for a nice, quite place with northern Italian food. Got mediocre food on a white paper table cloth (online photos appeared to be linen)! But ambiance was pretty good...quiet, waiter with long white apron, wine bottles visible, partial brick wall, etc. Guess if you want to dine, don't bother with Vegas...many smaller towns have much better options.
- Incredible lasagnacfh1972Dined on 6/8/2014We went to d.vino's for "Red Sauce Sundays," which is a dinner deal: appetizer, entree, and dessert for $29. For appetizers, my husband chose stuffed zucchini, and I had Italian soup; both dishes were fine but not memorable. For the entree, he chose the rigatoni with red wine bolognese: there was plenty of meat, and the the pasta and sauce were tasty but didn't stand out in any way. I, however, chose the lasagna with Italian sausage ragout, and it might be the best lasagna either of us has ever tasted. There were maybe five layers, with lots of cheese and sauce and a bit of a spicy kick. It was perfect. For dessert, we both chose the tiramisu, which was very good. Overall, worth a repeat trip.Special Features:
- AlrightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/7/2014Food was nothing special, service was good...the restaurant had a pungent smell of a tobacco smoke masking agent
- Great service!ShutterbugVIPDined on 5/25/2014The food was good and the service was excellent! A reasonably priced restaurant for Vegas.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 78 reviews are from the d. Vino Italian Food and Wine Bar - Monte Carlo reviews archive.
- Not thrilledPamLVIPDined on 5/22/2014No ambiance. Loud and annoying music. Lighting too bright. Marginal food. If they intend to keep up with the very competitive restaurant scene in Las Vegas they need to make some major changes.
- not authenticjlavoieDined on 5/14/2014Food was average at best and I am not the type of person that complains. I had the Alfredo and it was almost bitter. My fiance had chicken park abdbthe spaghetti and meatballs at the Luxor buffet was even better. Will never go back. Disappointed especially given the cost compared to quality.Special Features:
- Wood fired pizzaHBfoodieVIPDined on 5/10/2014Good food and service. Wood fired pizza is a specialty. Pasta dishes are flavorful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing experiencetarheelerinDined on 5/10/2014My first time in Vegas, we shopped around for restaurants online, and decided on this one. The atmosphere was lovely, the complimentary breadsticks and marinara were great. The staff was so well attentive and friendly. I had the lamb- AMAZING. I devoured it. Great experience. The only thing I could say is that our table was towards the front in the first time, so you could still hear the casino music- so if you are looking for a more romantic setting, I would request a table towards the back in the other dining room.Special Features:
- great mealcatdocVIPDined on 5/7/2014This restaurant is efficient and pleasant. Service was quick and friendly. Had the chicken marsala special and stuffed zucchini, both very good. Husband had chicken saltinbocca canneloni and mozzarella caprese, also very good. Will be back on our next trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningToolmomDined on 4/30/2014Two couples celebrated April anniversaries at d. Vino and had a very romantic and enjoyable time. The food was excellent as was the appetizer, wine, and dessert...and don't forget the french press coffee! We would definitely return on another trip to Las Vegas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 4/24/2014Out of pizza a friday night 9:00pm in Vegas !!! Incredible ! Service very long and manager fully inefficient, not enough present and not friendly with repeat guests...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/18/2014Needed to carb load before a half Marathon in the desert. It was a great spot for easy pasta. Great salads, yummy breadsticksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Personable staff and great food.ilovecarbsDined on 4/13/2014The host and server were both really friendly & polite. I think it took just a few minutes longer than it should to move between courses, but I didn't mind because I was getting so full. The dinner was great. I wish I could have finished all of it! Red Sauce Sunday is a great deal.Special Features:
- UnsureAceViefDined on 3/24/2014The food that we ate was very good. Our problem was that when we ordered chicken to add to the pasta the waiter told us they were out of chicken. Blamed it on the delivery not bringing it. Also when you look around they have hundreds of empty wine bins. They have approximately 10% that have wine bottles in them. No chicken and no wine? Looks like they are going out of business. A shame because what we did eat was very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was ok, nothing great....weSteveDined on 3/7/2014Food was ok, nothing great....we were seated in front of kitchen, and watched all wait staff mill around while we were not serviced properly....poor managementSpecial Features:
- Brought a groupOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/3/2014Dined with a group of 12, they did a great job of keeping things moving and making sure we were all fed at the same time. Servers were very friendly, although not the most knowledgeable about the menus.Special Features:
- ConflictedPittsburghGalDined on 2/16/2014This was my 2nd visit to D'Vino. I went in 2013 with my mom and brother, and the food, wine, and service was superb. Because we had such a great experience last year, my mom decided for us to come here again in 2014 because I was celebrating my birthday. This particular experience was fair. Our server was not very friendly or engaging, and the food was average. Not terrible, but nothing spectacular. For these experiences, that is why I'm conflicted on whether or not I will return to this restaurant in 2015.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible RestaurantLowQualityDined on 2/16/2014I did not like the service, I felt like give the waiter was rushing to take my order. I ordered a Ceasar salad and the aspect of it was terrible the lettuce , the salad taste was awful. Food wasn't good, and portions are to small. I was very disappointed, terrible experience; I think that the food is overvalued And nothing extraordinary, if I could go back, I will definitely not select this restaurant for my birthday
- Great for large partiesCalvinDined on 2/15/2014We had a large birthday group of eleven and they were able to accommodate us with no problems. We had a private room which kept us out of the noise(loud music) of the casino just outside the restaurant. Great server and staff attended to all of our needs. Food was awesome! Everyone one of us enjoyed our meals. No complaints! We will be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Olive Garden Is BetterELWAZDined on 2/15/2014You know an Italian restaurant is lacking when even Olive Garden would have been a better choice. Wine list was good, salad was average, bruschetta was good (even though the waitress could not pronounce bruschetta properly).. Lasagna was dry and the fettuccine was bland and chewy. It was like I was eating paste. We were sadly disappointed in the quality of d. Vino. Huge waste of time, money, and calories.Special Features:
- Excellent service and great food!lalaDined on 2/15/2014The prices for the food were very reasonable for the quantity and quality of the fod. We ordered the lasagna, veal ravioli, and pepperoni pizza. All of the food was great! The service was fantastic. Our water glasses were always full.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't hold a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014Made a reservation for 8:00. Showed up on time, only to have them tell me that it would be 40 minutes before my table was ready. Don't trust this place, go somewhere else!
- Poor reservations on valentines dayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I booked as reservation in advance and had to wait almost an hour to get seated. They were very disorganized and didn't seem to know it was going to be busy on valentines night. The food was good and so was our server. The ambiance it a little poor for the cost of the meal. I would recommend this place for a happy hour maybe.Special Features:
- made reservations but theyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014made reservations but they said it would still be an hour or more to be seated!! when i asked why all she could say was " its not our fualt' i would never come back again!!
- DisappointingdenverfoodieVIPDined on 2/14/2014We had reservations at 7:00, checked in early, & they said they were on a wait so they couldn't seat us. At 7:00 we went back up to the hostess, which she said they were still on a wait so it was first come first serve. That confused me since we checked in early for our reservation. She rudely said, "I remember who you are. Everyone made a reservation so you're going to have to wait." I asked again at 7:30. She said our name wasn't on the list although she could see we had a reservation. We were sat 45 minutes later. I checked on open table and the restaurant was still accepting reservations. They shouldn't use this service if they are unaware of how their guests plan their evenings around making a reservation for dinner.
- Food > Servicecameo116Dined on 2/14/2014We arrived to D. Vino having made a reservation for Valentines. We gave the hostess our name and said we had a reservation. She didn't seem like she understood us and said we had to 15-20 minutes, we then made it more clear to her that we had a reservation at this time she said "Ok" and then her and the other hostess fumbled through the computer and said "oh here he is" yet still placed me at the end of the waiting list. Not wanting to make a scene we just waited at the bar. Once seated the waiter was nice but did not know what was on the Trio of Bruschetta, an appetizer they have every day. However when the chef brought out the food he explained everything in detail. The spicy red sauce on our meals was great, and the meat was flavorful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't go againPeteFromBuffaloDined on 2/11/2014Server showed little interest in our needs. Salads were forgettable with wimpy lettuce and unremarkable dressings. Bread sticks and dip were very good and entrees were average.
- Good deal for good food and drinkpeterDined on 2/5/2014Good to very good food at a moderate price makes this a good deal for vegas. Excellent draft beers and wines on tap. Thge prosciutto pizza was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- On the casino floorTMTKDined on 1/19/2014With the smoke permeating throughout the restaurant, drifting in from the casino, I can hardly recommend this to anyone but smokers. We made a reservation, but because they expected a large group, they put us at one of three tables out next to the casino floor. The smoke was intolerable and they were unwilling to reseat us further back in the restaurant. So we left before receiving any service.Special Features:
- Great foodCarrisa72Dined on 1/10/2014The food was great. The place was a bit louder from the casino than we had hoped. Expected it to be a little more secluded. The server was not very good. Friendly but not efficient. The person who brought out our food was great. Wished he was our server. Food was better than we even expected. We would return based on quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Take a Walk ElsewhereSBSTexDined on 1/9/2014I hosted a dinner here as several of my group were staying at the Monte Carlo. The food was good and service was good, especially since we were one of only a few tables in the restaurant. The atmosphere is lacking and with so many excellent restaurants in Vegas, you can't offer an average atmosphere. While the food and service were good, you hate to spend a chunk of change in Vegas and not have a a vibrant, electric atmosphere. Next time we will walk next door to the Aria where the house is rocking.
- Good MealMrFoodManDined on 1/4/2014Great place in the Monte Carlo for a good meal. Quite place, good for a romantic date.