678 Queen Street West
Toronto, ON M6J 1E5Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.czehoski.com/
- Phone: 4163666111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - late. Dinner: Saturday & Sunday: 3:00pm - late.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We boast a third floor private mezzanine, as well as any other of our dining areas can be utilized for a private dining experience, including our roof top patio.
- Private Party Contact: Charlene Dipardo 4163666111
- Entertainment: Dj's Thursday through Sunday, the focus being as diverse as our Queen Street clientele. We are a venue for live music, hosting CMW and NXNE.
- Cross Street: Queen and Bathurst
- Public Transit: The 501 street car runs 24 hours, with stops at Palmerston and Niagara.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Paid parking is offered on Queen street and surrounding side streets. There is a Green parking lot located off of Niagara Street, a short walk from Czehoski.
A word from Czehoski
Czehoski is a restaurant / bar located in the trendy Queen West neighborhood. The food focus is on classic comfort cuisine with a contemporary twist. Known for our extensive cocktail list; open daily until 2am with entertainment Thursday through Tuesday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerComfort Food
Czehoski - Best Restaurants in Queen West ›
Czehoski reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since May 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)great for outdoor dining (16)late-night find (14)romantic (13)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (12)great for lunch (5)hot spot (5)special occasion (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)notable wine list (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- MehAbitDisappointedDined on 9/5/2014Forgot our appetizers, which ended up coming after the entree after we reminded our waiter (he argued with the kitchen staff when we reminded him). They tried to make it up to us by giving us free shots that were very watered down. Hot day without an AC so it was pretty uncomfortable, though they did set up a fan. Not expensive but certain items were definitely overpriced. Food was pretty good, but some were pretty bland. Despite the appetizers being forgotten, entree came on time and the waiter was friendly enough. Wasn't even busy, but we went as 8 so perhaps not appropriate for large groups.
- ExperiencedDinerDined on 8/16/2014Loved it and would highly recommend it for casual dining in a warm ambience. Service was very welcoming and timing of food delivery was excellent. Not too slow and not too rushed. Enthusiastic and pleasant server. Food was very good, with very generous portions. We enjoyed everything we had. Cocktails were interesting, including the Caesar with a splash of cab sauvignon. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding service, very good foodDdubDined on 8/15/2014The service was outstanding - everyone from the manager/host as we walked in to the bartender and to our server at our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't go.CorecorinaDined on 8/13/2014Terrible food, over 1.5 hours for a salad, and our server made no attempt to remedy the situation. She did laugh it off when our food was over an hour, saying she had no idea what was taking "them" so long. Will never return, wish I could get a refund.
- Great food and servicetrixdollVIPDined on 8/9/2014We went early evening and had the salad and chicken burger. The service was friendly and fast with the friendly staff and the food was delicious. We were there too early but can tell that the place was just getting set up for the busy night science.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad European foodGCTODined on 8/5/2014Czehoski is a nice spot for Eastern european food. They had nice perogies and also pork schnitzel. The music is quite loud. It is much better if you are on the second floor as it is less dark.Special Features:
- Perogy paradiseTuscanprairieDined on 7/30/2014Went a second time with a groupon and was happy to enjoy round two as much as round one. Beet salad is beautiful and delicious and a generous size for an app, which helped to balance out the filling sweet potato perogies I had for the main. Both the sweet potato and beef perogies shine, the creamy sweet potato balanced out by the sour cabbage and salty dough is really quite tasty. Beef perogies were surprisingly good, and spiced to pack a unique flavour too. Wings are average, stick to the salads. Atmosphere was energetic and the patio was quite the place to be. Service was good, I may have to go back to half price wine bottle night!Special Features:
- Wine- oh!wilartVIPDined on 7/18/2014Need to better their wine selection...all great bar selections and cocktails. But the wine offerings we not available? Folks enjoy a good bottle, have it available!Special Features:
- The Perrogi'srjogDined on 7/17/2014Great food from the resto. Love the open kitchen concept and the open patio upstairs makes it even better!Special Features:
- Good but noisyevaKDined on 7/15/2014Our dinner here was memorable -- too noisy to hear each other, tasty affordable food but our food orders got mixed up (savoury, salty pirogies came with strawberries and whipped cream - a shocking experience) -- the service apologetic but attentive.Special Features:
- What a Find!mcmsfVIPDined on 7/14/2014Czehosky is set in a funky, intriguing neighborhood and is in a building that was probably a home at one point w tall ceilings, wood floors, and great wood balustrades to the upper and lower levels. Plus it has an upstairs terrace. The atmosphere is chic working class; the food is top notch. We had the Summerlicious prix fixe; I had the salmon, which was wonderful, and my friend had the dumplings, which were also delicious. The shaved root salad and desserts were also outstanding.Special Features:
- I should've stayed home.cremeblahDined on 7/11/2014I went to Czehoski with pretty reasonable expectations, as I'd eaten here before in the past. The meal was a huge disappointment, from the boring green salad, lacking flavor, to the decent salmon, and the most laughable ending to the meal, the crème brulee, which was just a pudding without a hard caramelized top. When we asked the server about the crème brulee, she said "oh the chef isn't doing the toasting of the brulee today??? Here's a link that the staff may want to familiarize themselves with: by it's very definition, a crème brulee needs a crisp top: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cr%C3%A8me_br%C3%BBl%C3%A9e Overall the meal was pretty sad...to think that the restaurant wasn't even trying with their summerlicious menu.Special Features:
- disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/10/2014I generally give places the benefit of the doubt but these guys dropped the ball. Overpriced bland food, flat wine, and warm beer. Also patchy service.
- Not impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/8/2014They ran out of creme brulee on their Summerlicious menu the first week in! Food was only mediocre..
- Never AgainLULUTorontoDined on 7/4/2014Service was horrible. 1.5 hrs to get our starters. Another 45 min for overcooked mains. They forgot our desserts. Only brought half the tables drink orders. Never came to refill our drinks. They switched our server because she clearly was incompetent. Manager was supposed to come speak to us and never did. Our bill arrived with multiple drinks on it that were not ours. 4 hours waiting for horrible food and served 1 n drink.Special Features:
- Hit and missLilaDined on 6/30/2014Amazing ambiance and fabulous DJ!! We we were loving the 90s hip hop / R&B. Drinks were good, Caesar salad was really good but the Mac and cheese was seriously disappointing. I got penne noodles instead and it was terribly bland. My friend got the same thing and neither one of us finished it :( They didn't charge us for our drinks which was nice but I left hungry. I would return but not for the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseJasper511Dined on 6/27/2014Bought a Groupon to try this restaurant. We've heard good things and have it a shot. Service was a bit slow but once things got rolling it was fine. The mixed European board app was nice but only one very safe cheese and the sliced strawberries were completely out of place. Nice selection of cured meats. My partner had the ground beef perogies. Delicious. I had the pork schnitzel which was also very good. Satisfying comfort food. Cocktails were fantastic, if a little pricey. A large group were seated beside us half way through our meal. Super loud and obnoxious, but I guess not much the resto can do about that. Will return for a hopefully more quiet round two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!KimchiVIPDined on 6/26/2014It was my first time here and it was a great experience! I came with some friends for an after work drink and dinner. We sat on the patio upstairs and the ambiance was really very nice. The waitress was very attentive and helpful, she was friendly and definitely added to the positive experience. I would definitely come back here.Special Features:
- hilmingDined on 6/20/2014Terrible service +++. Restaurant half full and food still arrived an hour late! Waiter kept forgetting things like bringing our ordered drinks, utensils, never once checked in to see if we needed anything, had to chase him down for everything needed. Had to ask for each thing every time. Music was so loud that when I asked for ketchup for the fries the waiter brought the bill instead. The food was good, not great and since the kitchen is open concept you could see the food plated by hands without gloves on. I won't be going back. There are way too many better restaurants to go to in the area with a more seamless dining experienceSpecial Features:
- Good, but may not recommend9876Dined on 6/20/2014Food is good, drinks are good, but the wait time is ridiculous. Not a good spot for a group dinner. Drinks come out fast if you order at the bar, but food will take a long time to get to the table.Special Features:
- Change your online menu!EatGr8Dined on 6/18/2014My husband and I went on Wednesday for our anniversary and had an overall enjoyable dining experience. The only downfall was that a few of the items posted on the menu online were not mentioned on the in house menu. Notably the pulled pork poutine, Bigos and Angus ribs - all of which we had been looking forward to ordering! As a result, we were left with few viable options and had a hard time choosing. Having said that, what we did order was quite good and we enjoyed our food (European Board, Pierogies, Mac n Cheese - all delicious). Our server was adorable and the half price bottles of wine was an unexpected delight. A little something to commemorate our special night would have been appreciated but not necessary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectandrewloehrDined on 6/17/2014Absolutely awesome food, drinks, music, and service. 11/10 we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for what you getOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/13/2014The beet salads and perogies were good but definitely not good enough to warrant the high prices. We had a Groupon for this visit that included an app and entree per person... if we didn't have that Groupon, we'd be over $100 with just adding 2 overpriced beers to the tab. For what we got, it just wasn't worth that. Don't get me wrong, the place has a really cool look to it but I wouldn't return or recommend to friends based on that alone.
- 2 mains from small menu unavailableBirthdayDinnerDined on 6/11/2014We have no problem with limited menus but when two mains are not available for a 7:00 pm dinner you have got to wonder what that is all about. The Bigos was advertised as having "mushrooms". Mine had 1/2 of one mushroom. Service was good. Don't think that we would return or recommend.
- Good times but a bit disappointing.queenstreetDined on 6/5/2014The service, food, and atmosphere were amazing! They have a great beer selection as well. I was a bit disappointed that some of the ingredients were left out of the appetizer and main dish that I had ordered. The menu and drinks are also bit pricey compared to other restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Pretty goodluv2diineDined on 6/1/2014nice place, decent food, nice area, patio seems very crowded (small tables) dining downstairs by the bar is the bestSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- girls night outnadinwDined on 5/31/2014We were 6 girls having diner. We had to wait 2 hours for our main dish, most of us were very pleased with the taste, although one girl really disliked her veggie burger and one commented on the amount of food (she was still hungry after). At the end we had some bad luck with 2 glasses of wine which had gone bad. Overall I would still recommend the restaurant because I was very pleased with my schnitzel and liked the atmosphere.Special Features:
- Terrible foodamdmdDined on 5/30/2014Ordered the beet root salad, Caesar salad, the BBQ ribs, and the burger. Everything besides the burger was terrible. Was really disappointed with the meal. Service was good, definitely a great place to have a drink, not to dine. Perhaps we just ordered the wrong things.Special Features:
- Buck a shuck oysters Mondays!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/26/2014Could have had oysters on more ice, some were lukewarmn. Otherwise, fairly good place with a great upstairs patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 244 reviews are from the Czehoski reviews archive.
- Better luck next timeStevieGDined on 5/24/2014We tried Czehoski last Saturday night. The experience was mixed. I had the beef rib which tasted too dry and overdone for my liking and the BBQ sauce lacked flavour. The coleslaw that came with it was quite bland as well. After sampling a bit of my plate, my guest speculated that the chef may not be doing any sampling of his/her own before sending dishes out. My guest had better luck with the Schnitzel which she enjoyed. Drinks were good and our server was very friendly and helpful.
- MehfoodiefreshDined on 5/24/2014Friendly but slow service. 3 beers we ordered weren't available and we were told almost half of the beers on tap were out. The credit/debit machines were down. The speakers seemed to fade in and out. Had confirmed when reserving that we were coming for drinks and maybe apps, but were looked at oddly when we didn't order 'food.'Special Features:
- Saturday Night at CzehoskiDissappointedDinerDined on 5/23/2014I'd like to note that I work in the service industry as well,so I am usually quite forgiving,but my experience at Czehoski was extremely dissappointing.I had been there 3x before & thought it was incredible.I had family visiting from out of the country so on their first night I decided to dine here.I literally ran out of space to write my review,so I had to condense it: -wrong drinks-waited 1.5hrs for entree-asked if food was ready,they said the new girl didn't tell her trainer but our order did go to the kitchen.That was a lie because we then saw&heard her tell kitchen to make our food. -my family said their burgers were bland -my entree was forgotten -long dark hair stuck in the cheese of my entree when it arrived -bill still cost $85
- mehtraybDined on 5/18/2014Food was just okay, service was terrible. The staff were friendly, but never around. We waited forever for service, wine refills and the bill. Would not recommend.
- Second visitKathyDined on 5/9/2014Great service, fantastic perogies and neat art atmosphere! Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic gem!FryfryDined on 5/5/2014Great food and fantastic service! Can't wait to go back! Addicted to the fries!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as the first time2badsosadDined on 5/3/2014The only good things to say about our second visit was that the service staff was great and the beer was cold. I ordered the same item as my first visit because it was so good. (Beef Ribs) This time however the portion was a very small serving of three ribs covered in ketchup (perhaps with a pinch of curry stirred in) - not the delicious smoked hickory BBQ sauce offered the first time. The mash potatoes though reasonably tasty were barely room temperature and the -half empty- bowl of coleslaw was dry and tasteless. The final insult came as a tiny sliver of (refrigerated smelling) lemon cake was offered to the birthday girl. Three guests, three forks and no takers. Timmy's across the street provided a coffee and donut for the drive home.Special Features:
- Decent but notCookieMonsterDined on 5/2/2014We were intially seated upstairs (yes there is an upstairs) in a space obviously suited for party groups (there were only two of us). The space was cramped and sparsely decorated and we fortunately could love downstairs (yes we had reservations, but there appeared to be criteria to sit up front or downstairs). Czehoski also appears to take issue with the concept of personal space. Food was mediocre to fair (decent if you compare it to a pub - chicken wings would benefit from a better marinade, ribs huge but dry), but not for the menu prices (we used a Groupon - I would not suggest eating here without one). Highlight was out server (sometimes hard to find but pleasant & helpful throughout). More thoughtfulness needed toward guest experience.
- Great Food... Hour Long WaitheartfoodDined on 4/23/2014Came in with the buytopia voucher and loved the ambiance. It's like this fancy, old rusty looking bar that has a DJ playing in the front. Started off with the beet salad and pulled pork poutine. I haven't tried anything else on the menu, but it would definitely take a lot to beat those two off the list. Both were also large portions and we still had mains coming. The mains came an hour late. I'm sure it wasn't the server's fault but he could of warned us as it was getting really late on a Wednesday night and he couldn't really blame the traffic on that day. The steak looks like your average; tastes pretty great but nothing I would note too special. The "Bigos" was something special. It's like a beautiful meaty cabbage stew.Special Features:
- Yummy and Fun!levelleDined on 4/17/2014My partner and I had a groupon for the restaurant, so we decided to use it! This was our first time at Czehoski, so we didn't know what to expect. Our server ended up being very kind and attentive to our needs! We loved our appetizers - we suggest the popcorn and wings! The ambience got a little wild around 930, luckily we went a little early so we had the back of the restaurant to ourselves for the majority of our meal. Great food, and service. We'll definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightTaylor700Dined on 4/17/2014First time to Czehoski's for my husband and I. Our server was great, devoid of attitude, conscientious and friendly. Food was dee-lish! We shared warm olives, my husband has the pork schnitzel, which can tend to be dry but this one was not. I had the pierogies... so good! Good price point for wine and lots of beer to choose from. Only good things to say, we'll definitely be back but this time we'll bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.