170 South Main
Boerne, TX 78006Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cgboerne.com/
- Phone: 8302481353
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Thomas Stevens
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering available for wedding, corporate, and many other functions. Please call or email for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining for up to 30 people - $50.00 Room Fee
- Private Party Contact: Shanda Stevens 8302481353
A word from Cypress Grille
Located in charming Boerne, Texas, the Cypress Grille is a culinary destination. Executive Chef and Owner Tom Stevens is a graduate of the Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park and Owner/Operator Paul Thompson is a graduate from Le Cordon Bleu Austin. The entire team of the Cypress Grille welcomes you to come in and enjoy your favorite California wine from our large wine collection while dining in style in our large bar area or at a comfy table in the dining room. Wherever you choose your experience, it is our goal to make it memorable. Our specialty is culinary deliciousness! We look forward to serving you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Cypress Grille - Best Restaurants in Boerne ›
Cypress Grille reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (41)fit for foodies (37)neighborhood gem (36)notable wine list (28)great for lunch (26)romantic (24)good for groups (19)great for brunch (7)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Relaxing Sunday LunchBellaDined on 10/19/2014Second time I have eaten here....great food and wonderful staff!Special Features:
- Lunch at The Cypress GrilleLizandDaveDined on 10/16/2014We frequent this restaurant due to pleasant atmosphere, food quality and presentation, reasonable prices, and consideration given to special food requests. For example, a request for chocolate sauce, to go with a dessert selection of ice cream, was prepared in the kitchen, even though it was not a standard a choice on the menu. By the way, it was very good. All staff members were polite and well trained. Would highly recommend your restaurant to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ResturantTejasDinerDined on 10/4/2014Chris is a good waiter and was attentive with out being over bearing. We appreciate the way the wait staff supports each other. The food as always was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience terrific Food superbTrickedoutDined on 10/3/2014We had invited another couple who we had not seen in years and Cypress Grille atmosphere allowed us to have a private conversation with our guests, enjoy an excellent Cabernet, and some superb food. I'd caution against ordering steak as it is thinly cut; however it is tender and tasty. All other entrees were very good especially the Chef's special for the evening.Special Features:
- Cypress Grille is a winner!DocETDined on 10/3/2014An outstanding menu and service provided us with a wonderful evening with splendid appetizers, great entree's and desserts. We can always count on a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Dining Experience!Dixie3Dined on 9/26/2014Ceaser Salad was amazing! All the plates were presented beautifully and were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyedLuckfamilyDined on 9/23/2014We had not been in awhile. Mahi mahi was over cooked & dry. Tuna & steak good. A little too cautious with a rare steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with MomBAMMMN410Dined on 9/13/2014Reservation was perfect. The hostess greeted my group very nicely. The recommended wine was excellent as well was the Tuna and The Mahi-MahiSpecial Features:
- When in BoernePaperguyDined on 9/13/2014The Cypress Grille is a must do. The lunch menu is somewhat limited but everything we had was excellent. To top it off, all five of us had one of the fine deserts and they rate just as well as the dining menu. My 73 year old mother did state we will be bringing her back to the Cypress grille for her birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the BestSteveDined on 9/11/2014We are never disappointed in Cypress Grille. Always great service, menu variety makes it always worth the anticipation of dining and portion size is plentiful. Staff is always very attentive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining in BourneJimmyDined on 8/30/2014We attended during the lunch menu hours. We have yet to try the dinner menu, but look forward to that opportunity. Service is very good. The waiter/waitress' know their dishes and are engaged and attentive. The food is delicious (I think the best Bison burger around). As an added treat, their ice cream is authentic and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmittyDined on 8/26/2014I thought the restaurant was very nice and comfortable. Our server was polite and tried to make us feel welcome and relaxed. My only complaint was that I ordered the 27 oz. baseball sirloin and it was very tough and I couldn't eat it. My wife had the same steak and hers was very tender and tasty. I left a large portion of the steak plus all the remains that I chewed and couldn't swallow. I told our server and he was sorry but made no effort to either send out another or possibly ask if I would like to have something else. We paid our bill and left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality Dining in the Hill CountryAjayVIPDined on 8/22/2014I been to the Cypress Grille a number of times and always had great food. This visit was no exception. The chef is very creative and every dish is beautifully displayed. In general the portions are reasonable: There is enough to be fully satisfied and not need to leave much behind. Some dishes will be enough to take home for later. Service is generally good. The wine list is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice dinner.RickDined on 8/15/2014For our little town of Boerne, Texas, Cypress Grille is the best we have. It's a comfortable restaurant with good food, good service and a nice wine selection. Its not the caliber of a Cap Grille or Bob's Chop House, but less expensive than those and not as stuffy. Always an enjoyable meal in my experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JudymonarchVIPDined on 8/15/2014Chef Special tonight was innovative and delicious in every way! Kudos to Chef Paul and Chef Tom - what a perfect pair! Elias was our waiter, and his humor, attentiveness, and expert knowledge about the menu made our evening perfect! Can't wait to go back soon!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Always courteous servers, excellent food presentation, ambiance great for evening dining. An overall nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch After Boerne Market DaysCorgimamaDined on 8/9/2014I had researched where to have lunch, after attending Boerne Market Days. This place was frequently mentioned. Upon the walkup it looked like a narrow eating place bar type place, not impressive but decided to see the menu anyway. Wow to our surprise behind the narrow bar room was a lovely dining area with fabulous choices on the reasonably priced menu. Don't let the outside interior fool you, there is a lovely dining area in the back via a narrow walkway. They have daily specials designated for each of the days and in addition they have chef's specials each day that are excellent. The pricing for the daily specials for lunch is usually $10 to $11 for good portions. The service is also excellent with friendly and knowledgeable staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Liking the fish specialsSlick40VIPDined on 8/8/2014Chef has moved to offering more fish specials. Inventive without being ridiculous. Service is friendly, not cloying. Hubby must have the chicken, but I am too tempted by fish and amazing appetizer specials.Special Features:
- Hill Country Excellence!SciDinerDined on 8/8/2014The Cypress Grille offers excellent dining on Boerne's Main Steet that is on par with more expensive restuarants in San Antonio. It is a great place for a quiet dinner with friends or a business discussion. The wait staff was attentive and prompt, the food was expertly prepared and presented.Special Features:
- Favorite restaurant in BoerneCorkSanAntonioVIPDined on 8/7/2014This is an awesome special occasion place or great date-night spot. My husbandandI are locals and it is our favorite restaurant in Boerne. Our son proposed to his wife right after having dinner there. Food is always great; wait staff is wonderful & attentive; and it has a terrific uniquely romantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boerne gem!BetsyDined on 8/3/2014Had Grandparents/In-Laws visiting from out of town. Took them to Cypress Grille for Sunday Brunch. Special menu had a nice range of options from gourmet breakfast dishes to salads, sandwiches and hearty dinner selections. Everyone was pleased with their meals. Delicious, fresh, filling and nice presentation. The place is cute and the service outstanding. It's my new favorite restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedfundiningDined on 8/1/2014Tenderloin overcooked and too dry. Seafood soup had thin crab legs with practically no meat. Dessert special at $7 was underwhelming. Waiter was hesitant and we could not hear what he was saying. Very disappointing for our special going away meal with friends. Never again! When we complained to the manager about the med well tenderloin being well done, he agreed and on the $35 meal he compensated the free $7 dessert. We found that to be unreasonable compensation.
- Best Fine Dining in BoerneTonyDined on 7/26/2014Cypress Grill never disappoints. We have been here as a couple, with large family parties and business lunch retreats. Every occasion, they deliver with delicious and exciting food and great service. Add a comfortable and stylish interior and you can't go wrong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- saspursOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Great meal and outstanding service. Our waiter was extremely courteous and helpful, recommending the perfect wine for our meal. The MahiMahi and Halibut dinners were done very well. Twice, the wait staff quickly replaced a dropped cloth napkin before my fiance even noticed. The atmosphere is unique combination of rustic and elegant. It was the perfect location for our special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding & ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014It is obvious the owners and staff have the same goal... The goal is to be the best in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AgainRedTruckVIPDined on 7/19/2014Had another wonderful meal. Chris, our waiter, was tremendous. Food was fantastic. This is our go to place for a date, or with friends.Special Features:
- Fun day out with girlfriendssaftlkDined on 7/17/2014My first time in Boerne, I am glad we chose the Cypress Grill...! Yum, and a very nice waiter...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JameswaitDined on 7/12/2014Limited menu. Great Food. James great waiter made the eveningSpecial Features:
- Excellent dining experienceKimSDined on 7/11/2014Dinner is as good as lunch dining experience. More expensive, totally different menu, but an enjoyable evening. We went with two other couples and we could carry on a conversation without having to shout. As I get older, the noise level is important. Boerne has a gem with Cypress Grill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't get the oystersbobs1955robertDined on 7/11/2014Fried oysters were over cooked, burnt. Kind of ruined the whole experience. I was not charged for the oysters.Special Features:
- Enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/28/2014Repeat visit . Same very good wait person and very good food. Noise level was high.Special Features:
- Excellent and creativeSlick40VIPDined on 6/27/2014The best meal ever at Cypress. I had the special which was a generous red snapper filet topped with an avocado relish and the appetizer special. That special was marinated bulgur wrapped in cucumber and a small side salad. Both were extraordinary. My husband always gets the rotisserie chicken. The kitchen is very creative without being weird. We also had the best restaurant ice cream I've ever had.Special Features:
- Great as usualDCWboerneDined on 6/26/2014Calamari and shrimp misto a big hit even with kids. Pork shank-excellent, Scallops and bison burger still outstanding. Foie gras appetizer with pulled pork ravioli kind of short on foie gras. App should be renamed pulled pork ravioli with foie gras medallions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 17 reviews are from the Cypress Grille reviews archive.
- A Boerne gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2014We have eaten at Cypress Grille numerous times on our visits to Boerne. It is always outstanding. It is one classy restaurant for such a small little town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food great serviceARTISTDined on 6/15/2014WE GO THERE OFTEN ,.,THERE IS SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE. CHEFS ARE GREATSpecial Features:
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 6/15/2014Enjoyed father's day lunch here, with the family; excellent service and food. Worth the drive up to Boerne...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Best new find for me and my girlfriend. Have recommended to all of our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gem in townSheridanVIPDined on 6/6/2014Boerne is a quant little town. Cypress is right in the middle of the happenings. Great food. Terrific staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Small town treasureDaisyDined on 6/6/2014This is a wonderful place to enjoy a relaxed meal .The menu offers many unusual but delicious items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JitterbugDined on 6/3/2014Outstanding evening celebrating our sons' birthday with family. Waitstaff nice and friendly and the food was excellent. Buffalo burgers, steaks and fish were our choices for the evening. Great beer selection. Just a really good time. Will highly recommend it.Special Features: