4404 W William Cannon Dr., Ste L
Austin, TX 78749Neighborhood:
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cypressgrill.net/
- Phone: 5123587474
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday & Sunday: 8:30am - 11:30am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Creole / Cajun / Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Email us for more info
- Private Party Facilities: We feature a private room that can seat up to 24 guests, available for special events with advanced booking. Email us for more info.
- Private Party Contact: John Haug 5123587474
- Entertainment: Live music every Thursday from 6:30-8:30 pm
A word from Cypress Grill
Every now and then you find a place to eat that is truly special, where the food is great, the staff cares about you, a local funky joint with that true South Austin neighborhood feel. Where you can bring the kids or come out for date night with that special someone, catch some great live music or watch the game. It’s a relaxing, casual atmosphere with seriously good food. Whether you're in the mood for something healthy, something naughty or you just want to fulfill your Louisiana cravings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Cypress Grill - Best Restaurants in South Austin ›
Cypress Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)fit for foodies (22)great for brunch (14)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (10)good for groups (5)vibrant bar scene (3)romantic (3)hot spot (2)special occasion (2)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Loud but good live music and foodatyourrequestDined on 9/11/2014Food was good, music too loud for diners, but good. Better at a bar for that level. Will probably go again.
- Met ExpectationsHobbDined on 9/11/2014We arrived at 7pm. The place was busy. Were seated right away and service was prompt. Waiter was well versed in the drink and food options we asked about. Ordered 2 appetizers which arrived in short time hot and very good. The 3 of us each ordered something different shared and liked what we had. Prices seemed fair for what we ordered. Would come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceHaiandFamilyDined on 8/31/2014We came as a big family group, food was good, service was excellent. The kids as well as adults all liked the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Beighborhood RestaurantAustinite17Dined on 8/29/2014Great Cajun food! Nice to have such a genuinely good restaurant in this part of town. We could use a few more places down south that care this much about serving genuinely good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice place and service, loudlokelyokelmomDined on 8/23/2014We enjoyed what we got, but take it seriously when the menu says to tell your waitperson if you like your food spicy. We would have enjoyed out crawfish enchiladas much better if the dish had been spicier. I think they should have more complicated flavor in the sides too, and have hush puppies on the menu. The service was friendly and fast. It is worth it to ask not to be in the small room, too noisy, happy noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cypress Grill reviewCajunLadyDined on 8/23/2014Great place to enjoy Cajun food and other wonderful dishes also. Service is excellent and food is FANTASTIC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ZoomieDined on 8/14/2014Great food and great service. Chicken Club salad is really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service2MuchDined on 8/8/2014Awesome restaurant in southwest Austin. Excellent cajun food and great music on first thursday of the monthSpecial Features:
- What's the pointOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014What's the point in making reservations on a busy Friday night if you show up and they haven't saved a table and don't honor your efforts to reserve a spot. Disappointed in my experience at this place. The above overshadowed the rest of the evening.
- Forever loyal!FantasticVIPDined on 7/30/2014We've eaten here quite a bit over the last 8 years and have only been disappointed twice. Once with food (batter too heavy on fried crawfish) and once with service (waiter very nice but overwhelmed). It is a great little place with awesome food, good drinks, live music, and often times the owner is walking around greeting guests, running food, and bussing tables. Let's keep this great mom-and-pop restaurant going and give them our business!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites....lovecypressgrillDined on 7/10/2014We consider Cypress Grill on of the most consistent restaurants in Austin. Great food. Music on Thursday night was perfect. Not too loud, just right for easy listening.Special Features:
- A ShameCCC3Dined on 6/29/2014The food was quite good and the ability to make a reservation for a morning meet-up is great. Unfortunately, climate control doesn't seem to be a concept that Cypress Grill deems important. All members of my dining party (men and women) had to resort to fanning themselves with napkins in order to stay somewhat cool. The waitress was inattentive and it took three requests to just get a glass of water. Additional coffee seemed to be out of the question.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bourbon Street in AustinBarrettVIPDined on 6/28/2014We've eaten here any number of times. It's consistent, nothing fancy but all authentic Louisiana cuisine, it's tasty, well prepared, note on anyone's diet, and anything deep fried is done exactly right.Special Features:
- Nice Neighborhood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/27/2014My husband and I visited this restaurant for the first time the evening of 6/27/14 and, based on our experience, we plan to return. The food was delicious and the service was great. Sheri was our server and we found her to be knowledgeable, attentive, helpful and very nice -- she also has a great sense of humor. We enjoyed our meal very much -- Boudin Balls, Shrimp Brochette, Trout Meuniere and Bread Pudding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but not so great serviceJaynaRDined on 6/18/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday last week because we both LOVE Cajun food. It took a long time for a waiter to come ask us for our drink order but we were in no rush, so we looked over the menu while we waited. Strike one. When we finally get our drink order placed, it takes forever for the drinks to get to the table. Strike two. We ordered the sampler app and it was FANTASTIC! The crawfish eggrolls still have me salavating. When we ordered our app, we also decided to place our main course order of crawfish étouffée (which was also the BOMB), and it came out when we were still eating our app. Strike three. I could go on about the service, but you get it. GREAT food, TERRIBLE service. Order take out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bunnyVIPDined on 6/11/2014Small neighborhood restaurant but the food was very fresh and good. A good place for a quick lunch.
- As good it gets for Cajun in Austin8trackVIPDined on 6/8/2014I hate to write too positive of a review for this place, because one of the things I enjoy is that, except on weekend evenings, I can always get a table and enjoy excellent, authentic, Cajun food here. I've tried all of the gumbos, jambalayas, and etoufees, and they're all excellent, as are the Gulf fried seafood and broiled fish. I can't wait to try their mufelleta: a half covers a dinner plate. Desserts are traditional and well done. I have no complaints at all except that I lost the coin toss for dessert on Sunday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 100 reviews are from the Cypress Grill reviews archive.
- Excellent FoodGlobetrotterVIPDined on 7/9/2013My cousin took me here and I was astounded that a quality restaurant could be found in this part of Austin. The food was fresh, creative, bold, flavorful. I would have ordered one of everything had I had the time to eat it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday lunchGaryVIPDined on 6/23/2013Our lunch was delicious. The menu offered numerous selections. Regional beers on the menu was also a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Father's Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/16/2013Great Father's Day Brunch at reasonable prices. Good selection, omlets to order all with a Cajun flair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Cypress Grill!JabberwalkyDined on 6/16/2013I have actually never been for lunch or dinner, but the weekend brunch menu is great! They have healthy options on the menu in addition to the breakfast staples. The Cajun Eggs Benedict is awesome! I feel very comfortable bringing my 3-year-old and 9-month-old to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We eat at Cypress for breakfast,danloisrecommendDined on 6/16/2013We eat at Cypress for breakfast, lunch, and dinner...just not on the same day! We always enjoy the food. They make mistakes, but the good food, reasonable prices when you include so many different avenues there are for discounts, keep us returning. The owner, John, tries his best, and the food is indeed genuine Cajun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistenly good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/10/2013I have been coming to Cypress Grill a few times a year for the last 5 years, and it is consistently good food with a nice local feel. It is great for a casual get together and it isn't too loud. I went with some out of town friends and they really enjoyed the food and atmosphere as well. Portions were quite large for the crawfish pasta and the blackened catfish, and unfortunately we were too stuffed for dessert! But I have had their deserts in the past, and my favorite is the cobbler. Service was good and I will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Crawfish BoilsFishfanDined on 5/28/2013This is the place to be from Fat Tuesday thru the end of May for the best crawfish and boiled shrimp! Make a reservation for around 6 ish, to be sure they don't run out of the crawfish boil. I've not experienced this, but heard thatblater in the evening they may run out. The owner, John, is a really great host - always friendly and accommodating. He even remembers names!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food. Inexpensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2013The food at Cypress Grill was unremarkable. The shrimp on the shrimp platter was previously frozen and breaded, and the brussels sprouts were underdone. The gumbo was very good. The service was good, and the place seemed family friendly. Will need to try it again and order something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We brought our NYC familyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/25/2013We brought our NYC family for brunch, and they loved it.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureLaurieDined on 5/18/2013Cypress Grill has never failed to impress for food, drink or service. And we love the local art on the walls.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cypress GrillOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/17/2013One of the BEST restaurants in Austin! We eat there all the time. Don't miss Crawfish night!Special Features:
- Cajun Fare in AustinJuanLocoDined on 5/15/2013Really good value, taste, and service. Try the New Orleans-style BBQ ShrimpSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesReviewerDined on 5/12/2013Cypress Grill is always great. Great service, fantastic food, relaxed, welcoming atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day BrunchMarkDined on 5/12/2013While we normally enjoy the food at this restaurant the Mother's Day lunch at best was lackluster. There wasn't anything I would actually call bad but there was also nothing that stood out. Additionally they ran out of peel and eat shrimp prior to the buffet finishing. We really enjoy their normal menu but would have to say pass on their special occasion buffets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good cajun foodlizzard777Dined on 5/9/2013This was our second time here and we really enjoyed it. If you are in the mood for some good cajun food in south austin, you can't beat it. We need to come back and try their boiled crawfish night!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as we had rememberedrodgernDined on 5/8/2013Went there on a Wednesday evening and did not realize that Wednesday was the night of their weekly specials. We felt rushed to order and somehow missed out on the crab cake with the combination seafood dinner. We felt that the fish and oysters were over battered. The bread pudding was quite good. Our previous experiences at this restaurant were excellent. Maybe this time they were just too busy to properly prepare the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Laissez les bons temps rouler!Shrinker57Dined on 5/1/2013After several years -- never disappointed in any way with anything. Staff is always friendly, the food is always good and the service is of quality level! During crawfish season in the spring you will not find a better place to get some spicy mudbugs; make a reservation or you will have anywhere a wait for approximately an hour for the table. They are located in a strip center and while they have a covered patio area where they can open the big doors to the outside and even seat some people outside during nice weather just at the sidewalk, it is not a typical Austin patio experience of a wooded area with playground for the kids. But give me the quality of the food and people over lack of "nature" anytime when I want good Louisiana cooking!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crawfish on Tuesday nightsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/23/2013Crawfish on Tuesday nights in the Springtime. Lovely! This is seriously a nice little neighborhood restaurant where you tend to see the same people. The service is good and the crawfish are yummy!Special Features:
- The food was well preparedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2013The food was well prepared and prsentation was eye appealing. The service was good even though they were busy and food very tasty. I would give it four starsSpecial Features:
- Cajun Greatness in a StripmallMichaelSVIPDined on 4/6/2013Best Cajun food I've had in a long time. The Gumbo was dark, rich, smokey and filled with sweet and peppery andouille sausage. We were on the way to heaven. Then came the crawfish etouffee. Wowie zowie! It came with fried crawfish that had a great cocktail sauce but the batter was a bit too thick for my taste. My wife loved it though. She had the barbeque shrimp in a delicious sauce. Her vegatable was perfectly grilled asparagus finished with "this chef understands salt"sea salt. Outstanding. Finally the desserts were worth leaving some of the main course (there was so much food!). I had the black raspberry cobbler topped with local vanilla ice cream and my wife had the chocolate (the definition of the word) brownie with the same ice cream.Special Features:
- Love coming to Cypress Grill,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013Love coming to Cypress Grill, and on this occasion, introduced it to some new friends who also enjoyed themselves. The Cypress Grill Chardonay is wonderful!Special Features:
- I met a group of friends atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013I met a group of friends at Cyress Grill for Easter brunch. The food was pretty standard with a few extra specialy items such as crawfish étouffée, boudin sausage balls and shrimp cocktail-yum! Our waiter was you g and had a charming crooked smile but he wasn't very informative about questions asked about the menu. All in all, it was nice.Special Features:
- Loved the jambalaya! EveryoneMichelleDined on 3/29/2013Loved the jambalaya! Everyone in the restaurant seemed to want a cup of the gumbo so we tried it too. Still like the jambalaya better. The seafood platter was amazing. But my fave is their cake!Special Features: