Cuvee World Bistro
305 Gold Rivers Court
Basalt, CO 81621Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $30 and under
Cuvee World Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cuveebistro.com/
- Phone: 9709274000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic
- Executive Chef: Mitch Levy
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call for catering information.
We will tailor make your menu to suit your event and needs.
- Private Party Facilities: Our Private dining room seats up to 48 and is perfect for rehearsal dinners and business meetings.
- Private Party Contact: Krystal Levy 9709274000x
A word from Cuvee World Bistro
Cuvee World Bistro's casual but elegant atmosphere is only surpassed by it's award winning cuisine and wine list. Winner of four consecutive awards of excellence from the wine spectator and multiple peoples choice awards. Cuvee offers a wide variety of foods all perfectly paired with a glass of wine stored in their state of the art wine preservation and dispensing system. Experience the perfect blend. Go to www.cuveebistro.com to see the seasonally changing menu and make reservations right from the web site. We'll see you at Cuvee!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cuvee World Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
6 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (4)good for groups (2)great for brunch (1)fit for foodies (1)special occasion (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- EatsieDined on 7/9/2014We enjoyed our evening at your restaurant very much. Everyone was happy with what they ordered. We enjoyed sitting outside since we are from Houston and do not get to do that very often here in the summer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceoandceatVIPDined on 7/8/2014Though the kitchen did a very nice job with our meal, the service was terrible. The bartender had to wait tables, since there were only 2 waitstaff - our waiter was very inexperienced. We didn't ever get the first course we ordered. We have eaten at Cuvee every time we visit the RFV for the last 6 years and have never before had this experience. I hope they get their waitstaff problem worked out!
- The following 64 reviews are from the Cuvee World Bistro reviews archive.
- Great food if you're in Aspen areaLouanneDined on 6/5/2014First ate at Cuvee when they were in Tucson. When they moved to Colorado 8 years ago, it was a loss for our city. We were glad to rediscover them in Basalt, Colorado (by accident). Food was even better than we had remembered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular every time.LeespeedDined on 5/27/2014Me and my wife have been here four times and it is a great place to eat. Atmosphere is calm and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Aspen food, Basalt priceCobleroneDined on 1/17/2014Cuvee can compete with Aspen restaurants in many ways - try the Wild Mushroom Cakes over Avocado Pesto and Roasted Red Pepper Coulis for starters - fabulous! I had the pork chops, also very nicely done. The wine flights are generous and interesting, and wine by the bottle is significantly cheaper than Aspen for good quality wines.Special Features:
- Always great service. ThelovetogooutDined on 12/24/2013Always great service. The food is fabulous. The carmelized pumpkin soup is so tasty. It is in a great little setting, where in the summer we sit outside and have appetizers and a glass of wine. We love to go there on special occassions like Valentines Day, Mother's Day and this year Christmas Eve. We have taken visiting family members to Cuvee and they also enjoyed everything about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hopefully just a off nightlovefoodDined on 7/17/2013Waited a long time to be seated, no one at the door. Finally seated by a nice waitress and then forgotten at the table for a long time. We were enjoying the great view on the patio so that was ok. Our waiter was very nice once he got there. We waited a long time for our food, the waiter kept apologizing and bringing us baskets of bread, again we didn't mind- the view kept us happy. The food finally came, linquini bolognese. It looked very good, it seemed quite salty to us but we were still happy, again the view. If this was not an off night, I would suggest not going expecting fast service. Sit outside and that will make up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our meals were excellent.eatsoutDined on 3/23/2013Our meals were excellent. We had the duck and Ahi tuna. We liked the wine recommendations that went with each menu option.Special Features:
- WE had a very enjoyable experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2013WE had a very enjoyable experience. One of our appetizers was brought late and immediately taken off the bill with an apology. Our waiter was very attentive and helpful with both the food and wine choices.Special Features:
- We were visiting the AspenOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/23/2013We were visiting the Aspen area. It was great to find this restaurant on Yelp. We liked the great reviews we read about the restaurant and the food. Happy Hour was fun and energetic! If we are back in the area, we will definitely stop in again! ThanksSpecial Features:
- Nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/31/2012We have been there in New years eve. It was a buffet night. Great food! Excelent. The caesar salad was one of the best I have ever ate. Dessert great. We were a party of 6 with 2 kids. Its not a place prepared for kids, but they gave us a wide table and we stayed very comfortable there, and the kids had fun. Recommmended!!!
- We were very impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2012We were very impressed with both the Halibut and the duck. Very rich but very good.Special Features:
- Cuvee is a gem in Basalt!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2012Cuvee is a gem in Basalt! Such personal welcoming upon arrival and excellent service throughout the evening with server, Tracey at this birthday celebration meal. I ordered the halibut and enjoyed the best preparation ever! Cuvee has become a local favorite! We'll be back again and again!Special Features:
- Great service and deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012Great service and delicious food. A lovely evening.Special Features:
- Sat outside under an umbrella,OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/21/2012Sat outside under an umbrella, drank wine flights, ate good food and enjoyed conversation with our server. Near Aspen, but with none of pretentiousness.Special Features:
- Wonderful, delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/16/2012Wonderful, delicious food and great service in a casual place. The chef creates creative dishes that are fabulous and the staff is welcoming and efficient. All in all a lovely experience.Special Features:
- The food, in particular theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/14/2012The food, in particular the halibut that night, was quite good. It was a strange crowd, though, it seemed. We are long-time locals in a small-ish mountain valley and there was not one person in the restaurant that we knew. We did not linger. Who were those people?Special Features:
- Get out of Aspen - Cuvee worth it.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012Very nice and diverse menu. Prices are reasonable for the quality. All 4 entrees our table ordered were delicious. The flights of wine (3 samples) are really fun. Cuvee is a great find in Basalt and we'll go back. Every bit as good as an Aspen restaurant and worth the drive.Special Features:
- It always looks so magicalMdanseuseDined on 6/19/2012It always looks so magical but the food is mediocre at best. Had the caprese salad and the fresh mozzarella cheese was like chalk. The mushroom soup was pretty good. The wine list is great. Our server was really struggling and we had long waits and didn't quite get what we ordered. I had to ask the server for silver ware, bread plates and bread which was supposed to come with our meal. All in all, not the best dining experience.
- We all enjoyed the food andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2012We all enjoyed the food and the wine sample was fun!Special Features:
- I recommend this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/29/2012I recommend this restaurant highly! We were staying in Snowmass and had been to a couple restaurants in Aspen but decided to change course one night and head for Basalt. We picked it off the internet and crossed our fingers. The dinner exceeded our expectations in every aspect of food quality, service, wine list and value.Special Features:
- Cuvee is in the charming townOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/14/2012Cuvee is in the charming town of Basalt about 20 minutes from the crush that can be downtown Aspen during high ski season. It was a welcome warm spot with a view of the town nestled in the hills. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal - highlights were a roasted garlic starter spread on flatbread, a mushroom-topped steak, and an orzo pasta with a poblano sauce. The restaurant had a friendly crowd of old and young, possibly heavy on the locals. I always take that as a good sign.Special Features:
- The roasted chicked was dryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/25/2012The roasted chicked was dry and smelled old. The mashed potatoes were gummy! The rest of our groups food was just average..... The inside of the restaurant looks like a strip mall. The acoustics were so bad it was very difficult to hear the conversation at a small table of 4 people..........
- I love Cuvee. Every time IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/20/2012I love Cuvee. Every time I visit Aspen, I make it to Cuvee. Besides having friendly service and a great, rotating menu, the happy hour deal can't be beat. $10 for an appetizer and a drink?!Special Features:
- Wait staff was knowledgeableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2012Wait staff was knowledgeable about wine recommendations for menu selectionsSpecial Features:
- We had a very nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/26/2011We had a very nice dinner - it's one of our Basalt favorites. Definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- Everything was lovely; weOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/24/2011Everything was lovely; we had the Christmas Eve buffet. Food was seasoned JUST RIGHT; not overly salted, like in MOST restuarants! The Shrimp Bisque was to die for; I used it as a sauce for the carrots and almost licked the plate! Well done, Cuvee!Special Features:
- We went on a Wednesday night,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/21/2011We went on a Wednesday night, early evening, and had a thoroughly enjoyable time. The food looked and tasted great, we had an attentive server, the wine list had some relatively inexpensive, but still excellent wines, and the final bill did not make us say 'ouch!' We highly recommend trying Cuvee and definitely look forward to returning ourselves.Special Features:
- Great Food; service needs some workOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/3/2011We really enjoyed the food once we got it. We got there and there was no one else in the dining room- took our waiter at least 10 minutes to even come to our table and the service just went downhill after that. We will give it another try though, because the food was really good.Special Features:
- Food and service were fabulous.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/30/2011Food and service were fabulous. Delicious. Nice yet comfortable and casual atmosphere.Special Features:
- Perfect!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2011We where on our last night in Colorado (Aspen Area), and wanted to have a nice" non-pretentious" diner before we headed out the next day.We stopped In Basalt earlier that week and had lunch at another establishment and really liked the town, so we asked around, and everyone recommended Cuvee. Perfect! is all we can say about this place! It was welcoming, service was was good(we think our server was new) but was very pleasant, and the food was prepared to perfection! We would highly recommend this place! Steve and Margaret
- A lovely experienceJames751VIPDined on 8/17/2011This is a deceptively lovely experience. Great service, very good food and wine. We both had their signature duck entree and it was fabulous. We are living here for a month while we manage our new business venture, then back to Montecito. This restaurant is very good.Special Features:
- A local gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/13/2011Cuvee had been recommended to us because of it's outstanding food. My husband and I went for our anniversary hoping for a romantic night out. It was much more casual than expected, we dined outside on the patio. It wasn't exactly what I was hoping for at first(I was expecting a more fine dining experience)but the longer we stayed we loved the vibrant atmosphere, the food really was great and we ended up running into some friends who were locals! I would highly recommend the Wild Mushroom Cakes for an appetizer, I had the Alaskan Halibut w/Ancho Citrus Crust and my husband had the Green Curry Vegetables with Mixed Seafood (his was to-die-for! Nice and spicy!)Our server was very attentive without being overbearing! Can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- Highly Recommended Restaurant in thOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/16/2011Surprisingly superb food. Homebaked dessert and homemade ice cream were outstanding. I still dream of their horseradish infused mashed potatoes. Prices are exceptionally reasonable and the small restaurant is a casual and pleasant location in which to enjoy a meal/Special Features:
- Very tasty food and relativelyCoachDaveDined on 6/30/2011Very tasty food and relatively inexpensive too. Service was great and they have all kinds of top-notch wines by the glass at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- The night we were there thereElaineDined on 6/25/2011The night we were there there were several special events taking place in other parts of the town so it was there were not too many diners -- however, the staff were very attentative and the food was good.Special Features:
- Great food! Nice wine pairingsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/24/2011Great food! Nice wine pairings and wine flights. Service just okay. Highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent food reasonablyOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/18/2011Excellent food reasonably priced, good portions - wine selection was very good and again reasonably priced. They have a nice outdoor patio for dining. Service was attentiveSpecial Features:
- Great Little EateryOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/19/2011This small, downtown Basalt restaurant is great for food and wine lovers alike. Pairings are suggested for each dish, or you can choose a "wine flight" to taste several different wines in a category. The food was excellent. We started with the sweet potato soup--very good, but spicy. We then ordered the strip steak with horseradish mashed potatoes and the duck with cherry sauce and basil mashed potatoes. Both were excellent. The restaurant area was uncrowded (Saturday night), and the adjacent bar area was lively, but unobtrusive. We will be back.Special Features:
- The mussels appetizer wasOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/4/2011The mussels appetizer was wonderful. I had the vegetable lasagna which had a nice mild smokey flavor. My spouse had the paella, which he said was not quite as spicy as he would have liked, but he said it was still quite good. The restaurant was a little noisy, but it was a Friday night and so to be expected.Special Features: