214 West Main Street
Carlton, OR 97111Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cuveedining.com/
- Phone: 5038526555x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Sat-Sun 12-3pm
Dinner Wen - Sat 5:30-9:00pm, Sun 5-8pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: G Henry
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: You can have up to 36 peoples dining in the heart of the wine country for your convenience. Menu will be cater to your liking.
- Private Party Contact: G Henry 5038526555x
A word from Cuvee
French dining in the heart of the wine country, also join us for our 3 courses for $28.00 on Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cuvee - Best Restaurants in Carlton ›
Cuvee reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (14)neighborhood gem (12)romantic (9)special occasion (8)notable wine list (6)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Loved The Moroccan Lamb StewCindyZDined on 8/31/2014The food was a pleasant surprise and a great deal for a prix fix meal. My husband had the pork "filet mignon" and I had the Moroccan Lamb Stew. It was delicious and a welcome respite after several days of over the top rich meals in the wine country. The French waiter (owner?) was attentive and possessed a dry, funny sense of humor which made the dining experience fun. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Away Gem in Carlton.CaptHMorganDined on 8/2/2014Charming French restaurant with excellent food, wine list and service, significantly below the price point at similar restaurants in Portland, Newburg, McMinnville. Well worth the trip if you are in the Willamette Valley for wine tasting. Well worth the drive from Portland too!Special Features:
- CuveeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014We really like this restaurant - excellent wine list and great food. All at a very reasonable price for the quality. Carleton is also such a wonderful town. We just wish we lived closer so we could go to Cuvee more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious dining in the W ValleybienfaitDined on 7/19/2014We enjoyed a relaxing and delightful meal here with friends. The food was fresh and notable, and Henri's service and presence provided a subtle yet definitively warm welcome. In the Willamette Valley, Carlton has a charming tiny town center and Cuvée is the only spot for a well prepared dinner with carefully selected ingredients, and solid service. The dining room is charming and best suited to small parties of 2-6 persons. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- One of our favorites!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2014Cuvee has been one of our favorite restaurants since the days they were on Portland! Well worth the trip out to Carlton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant for a Small TownKatyBVIPDined on 7/11/2014We received a recommendation from our hostess at the Carolton Inn B&B to eat at Cuvee. The food was good and the service even better. Would definitely go back here again if we are ever in Carolton again.Special Features:
- Dinner guestsJazSpeaksDined on 6/20/2014David is a talented chef who owns and operates this gem of a bistro In Carlton directly across from Ken Wright Cellars. The wine List small But careful hand picked, with labels you just don't find anywhere. I came all the way from Los Angeles for the experience and it was well worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- karenandleoDined on 6/15/2014The food and wine was very good and just the right portion. Get value for such a great meal. Look forward to going back, hopefully often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 100% enjoyable!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014We had outstanding food - everyone (6 of us) raved about their entrees as well as appetizers and desserts, all homemade. Henri, the owner/proprietor/waiter/chef/jack-of-all trades, was welcoming and provided perfect service. A rare find in a small town away from it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 45 reviews are from the Cuvee reviews archive.
- never disappointedworthadriveDined on 5/11/2014We have come to Cuvee for many years. Every dining experience has been positive and keeps us coming back, despite the drive from Portland area. Chef Henry continues to offer a variety of wonderful dishes, while also keeping some of our favorites on the menu. I recommend the lamb stew this time!Special Features:
- Some France in CarltonValleyFanDined on 5/9/2014Cuvee is a smallish place in the cool, wine-centric Carlton downtown. The chef and host is an actual Frenchman, whose food is hearty, reasonably priced and delicious. While a few recognizable Willamette Valley wines are available, the wine list is very reasonable ($52 is the most expensive bottle) and includes mostly French wines, including some nice Rhone blends and Chateau Nuef d'Papes. I enjoyed the rib steak and pomme frites very much, as we did with the mushroom appetizer. The Lirac Rhone blend we chose (southern Rhone, very dark and probably largely syrah) complimented the meal well. Our host was engaging and personable, and clearly loves what he does. We've been before, and we'll be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreattttttDined on 4/12/2014Great food, great service, great time. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rural wine country gem!fasteddieDined on 2/28/2014Very nice to have a fine dinning experience in Yamhill County. Cuvee is Carlton's contribution. On par with Amity's Blue Goat and better than any thing in Dundee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in Oregon Pinot CountryOregonPinotChaserDined on 2/15/2014Having tried many, and enjoyed most of the fine dining establishments in the area from Newberg to McMinnville, to Forest Grove in the North, we keep returning to this gem in the small town of Carlton. Henri has created and maintains a relaxed, unpretentious French restaurant that rivals the best in the area. When you consider the food quality and choices with access to a narrow, and well-selected wine list, add the approachability Henri creates with his welcoming atmosphere, this little place goes to the top of the list. Nothing better than great food, great wine and an atmosphere that requires no work to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef bourgogne/stew was goodcosmusDined on 2/14/2014Beef bourgogne/stew was good but my wife's was better. My wiofe's fish dish was excellent. Wine was good. Accoustics were bad when several groups became quite loud and maybe had too much wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First times a CharmIslandGirlDined on 12/28/2013Chef Proprietor, Gilbert Henry, went out of his way to make our dining experience very pleasant. Even though mixed drinks were not advertised, he made a killer Cosmo for both my husband and me. After our amazing entrees, we weakened and ordered a Crème Brulee and a Chocolate Mousse that we devoured with another couple. Would definitely return for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Cuvee, Carlton, OregonChasDined on 11/30/2013Authentic French chef from Alsace in the heart of Oregon's wine country with excellently prepared dishes at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet French ResaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/29/2013We had the chance to talk with the chef/owner who was able to tell us more about the food and also the story behind the restaurant. I had beef bourguignon that was excellent. Would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Carlton treasureShannonDined on 11/23/2013The food at Cuvee was excellent. We enjoyed a delicious beef stew and the fish was wonderful....a perfect end to a perfect day in the wine country of Oregon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, great service!SeattlePinotTastersDined on 11/23/2013Our group of 9 gathered here for dinner. Excellent French menu. Appetizers were great - especially the oysters. Everyone loved the variety and quality of the entrees - especially the seafood. Service was great and very accommodating for our group. This is the second time our group has met here after a day of tasting pinot noir in the area and were very happy once again we chose to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet and friendlyJeffVIPDined on 11/16/2013We really enjoyed the quiet and laid back atmosphere of Carlton at night. Out of the way but worth the drive. The food was quite good. A small but smart wine list. Both food and wine were priced low (compared to Portland) and of extremely good value.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fabulous. ItMinnesotaBobDined on 11/14/2013The food was fabulous. It was the best Sea Bass I've ever had. The price was very reasonable for such great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Treat in Wine CountryKodaDDinnerDined on 11/10/2013We have been to Cuvee several times during the summer months over the last few years and know it's our 'go-to' spot when we want a great meal after wine tasting. We where happy to get easy reservations (as it's usually packed). The secret is to go early- if you can. As the winery tasting rooms mostly close at 5 - our dinner at 5:30 was perfect (now that it's fall- and dark so early). The food was amazing, service stellar - and we had the place to ourselves for the first 20 min. Kinda romantic! The Prix Fix is the way to go - currently offered on Wed. Thur and Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out in the French countrysideAndy12355Dined on 11/2/2013Greatest and seated immediately with a dry sense of humor Wine was delightful - not many choices, but a broad selection Great ordourves, seasonal soup and tastee main course With traditional desserts and coffeeSpecial Features:
- Worth a special tripjamaleDined on 10/11/2013We had heard good things about Cuvee and finally got the chance to try it. It exceeded our expectations. The food was spectaular, the wine was perfect and the owner was fabulous. If you are in the area this should be a muct stop on your visit. It is worth going the extra mile even if you are not staying in Carlton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night and great foodLuv2eatDined on 9/28/2013We had a great birthday celebration with family and friends. The food the service and the company were wonderful. We all picked different entrée's so we did a little sharing. Very yummy. We would definitely go back. Love the small town of Carlton.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningAndJDined on 9/22/2013What a gem in the small wine town of Carlton. Everything was perfect! Wonderful choices on the prefixed $26 dinner. Many local wines were featured.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but too LoudDaintyDinnerDined on 9/15/2013Four of us enjoyed dinner at Cuvee recently and found the food and service very good - - especially for a reasonably priced, fixed price dinner. The only down side was a large group of patrons seated at an adjacent table. The group was so loud that we had trouble conversing. I know the restaurant is limited in what it can do about such a problem, but it does suggest the need for some sound deadening surfaces or maybe a banquet room. Regardless, we will return and enjoy Cuvee again but I might just check first to see if any large groups are booked when we plan to go.
- Someone was missing . . .OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2013The food at Cuvee was outstanding, BUT there was obviously some staff missing on Sept 13. The very cheerful lady who seated us and poured our water ran a shop across the street and was "just helping out." Our wine arrived 30 minutes after we did and the food sometime after that. Three large parties of 6 or more (each with at least one person who'd been to too many wine tastings) were also present and generated enough noise to make conversation at our table for four almost impossible. We'd been told that conversations with the chef were often a highlight of the Cuvee experience. The missing staff made that impossible. If we ever get back to the area again, we'll certainly return . . . hoping that all personnel are there and working.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy to find this place in CarltonOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/1/2013A girlfriend and I had a nice dinner here. The food was really good home cooking. Nothing fancy but really solid. If they have a fish with smoked paprika on the menu, try that. The owner has a great dry sense of humor. He had us laughing. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Quiet gem with good foodTberryDined on 8/30/2013Very good food and overall experience. Menu was a bit small but everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/29/2013A French gem in the Willamette Valley. Unassuming street appearance nestled in Carlton, OR, but the menu and service were nothing short of outstanding. 3 course Prix fixe menu was excellent with oysters sautéed in clarified butter or chicken liver mousse headlining the hors d'oeuvres. Among a fine selection of entrees, the medallions of pork and the Moroccan style lamb stew were so delicious, we came back for dinner a second night and were not disappointed. The owner and chef visited our table often and was a delight. Excellent local wines served, especiialy the Ken Wright Cellars......(delighted to chat with Ken Wright himself who was dining there one evening). Highly recommended if you are visiting the Oregon wine country!!!......BGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Our FavoritesJasmineDined on 8/10/2013One of our favorite days off is to drive out to Carlton, maybe stopping at a winery or two, to have dinner at Cuvee, a small, relaxing, pleasant restaurant with good French food prepared by personable owner/chef Gilbert, a native of the Alsace region.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a TrytualatintravelerDined on 8/3/2013A summer Saturday night in the Willamette wine country? Beat the crowds at Cuvee. Chicken pate mousse was almost fluffy it was so light. The Moroccan lamb stew was very flavorful. The tables are crowded in but we got to know our neighbors at the surrounding tables and compared food and wine. The Coquilles St. Jacque could have used a bit more flavor but the scallops and shrimp were cooked to the correct doneness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are a group of foodiesLindaDined on 7/25/2013We are a group of foodies that are hard to please. The food was excellent. We brought our own special wines, and were disappointed in a $15 cork fee, but the waiter (who was the owner) did open and pour the wine. Strangely, he did not have an ice bucket for the white, but agreed to put it in the freezer to chill. The wine list was good. Overall a great experience and I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointed...jcocDined on 7/21/2013We celebrated a birthday with family members. The restaurant was out of the steak entree, clam appetizer and service was very slow to begin with, then, seeminly rushed between courses, not the French way. Oyster appetizer was absolutely fabulous. Cold asparagus soup was watery and no flavor; catch of the day, Sea Bass, was so horribly overcooked we needed water to swallow. At $28/plate fix, certainly not worth the money and I will never go again.
- Great bistro!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2013The menu is prix fixe, about $30 for soup/salad, appetizer + main or soup/salad, main + dessert. The wine list is short but well chosen with one side devoted to French wines and the other to local. The oyster appetizer features the mollusks sautéed instead of raw on the half shell, so they're a bit more intense than in their raw form, but definitely worth ordering. The plate is well executed and the portion size ample. Their fries are double cooked - typically oil blanched before frying, standard practice in Europe. This allows them to be fully cooked yet crispy on the outside, perfect to accompany a steak. They're also listed as an appetizer, although that would have meant passing up the oysters. No more space ici. Go. Order. Enjoy!Special Features:
- Carlton CuveeLunchingDined on 5/24/2013Cuvee was an interesting spot in tiny Carlton. The room is a bit cramped, yet homey. The wine list was a bit dated and small, but there were a number of selections available off menu. Those on the menu were typically a newer vintage. The menu is small, but had some nice choices. Our table had the lamb stew, pork medallions, and fish of the day. All was good, except the pork that was over-cooked. The stew was very flavorful and the favorite. The fish was coated with sesame seed, had a bit of a Asian/fusion style that worked in this french restaurant. All in all, Cuvee was fun, the prices were very fair, and the food was good to very good.Special Features:
- 2nd Sunday #442ndSundayDined on 5/12/2013An outstanding venue in Carlton Oregon. Superb dishes prepared in a french country style. Smallish menue but everything on it is great. Delicately seasoned seems the rule of the day. The chicken liver pate' and steamed manila clams were fabulous. Limited but excellent local wine choices at very reasonable prices. Don't try to share the lamb stew, you won't be able to give it up. Tell them to get their own bowls. That way everyone will be happy. Ask Henri to select your wine, you won't be sorry. The Prix Fixe (3 courses for $28.) is an excellent deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Custom menu with local sourcedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Custom menu with local sourced ingredients. Give it a shot. Enoy the trip to Carlton.Special Features: