214 West Main Street
Carlton, OR 97111Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://cuveedining.com/
- Phone: 5038526555x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Wen - Sat 5:30-9:00pm, Sun 5-8pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, French
- Executive Chef: G Henry
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: You can have up to 36 peoples dining in the heart of the wine country for your convenience. Menu will be cater to your liking.
- Private Party Contact: G Henry 5038526555x
A word from Cuvee
French dining in the heart of the wine country, also join us for our 3 courses for $28.00 on Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Cuvee - Best Restaurants in Carlton ›
Cuvee reviews from OpenTable diners
24 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (16)neighborhood gem (14)special occasion (12)romantic (11)notable wine list (9)good for groups (3)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Wine country gemFoodislifeVIPDined on 10/18/2014Simple French bistro food prepared authentically in a small terminally cute Willamette Valley town. All meals for the 8 people were very good with even a vegetarian. We brought our own wines and and DIDN'T get the snarky look common to most restaurants- actually got a nod and an agreement on what we brought.
- Out of FoodVermontrVIPDined on 10/12/2014Limited menu and restaurant ran out of food for three entrees and one appetizer. Restaurant has rich french food so you better like rich sauces if you are going to eat here.
- Best. Experience. Ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/12/2014Henri was a one-man spectacular! Even though the restaurant was full this past Sunday night, he was attentive and ensured we were comfy. The food was great, and the overall experience was one of the best I have ever had at a restaurant in this country. Cuvee is more European than most Americans can stand. But if you can appreciate the wonder of slow food, you must go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuve'e - A Blend of Excellence!PatriciaDined on 9/27/2014Cuve'e is a French wine term derived from cuve, meaning vat or tank.The term cuvée is used to express what flows out of the container...something thought of as higher quality than the average product. The outflow can be a single item or a blend. Monsieur Henry provides a blend of wonderfully gratifying food, local Willamette Valley wine and humor from his gem of a restaurant. Tasteful décor with interesting art displayed by a local artist. Mussels were large, fresh and absolutely succulent. The pate wonderfully seasoned. Main courses of pork and salmon were impeccable. Great value – A first class meal that will not break your wallet. The highlight is Henry himself, who is interactive and charming with a wonderful sense of humor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in Tiny Town!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Excellent mushroom appetizer & fantastic salmon. Sadly no room for dessert!Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014Totally enjoyed dinner. Our server was also the owner/chef. He had a charming offbeat sense of humor that I enjoyed. Very good meal at a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Excellent spot in wine countryJeffVIPDined on 9/20/2014Love to eat at Cuvee in Carlton. It's small, friendly, and has some pretty darn good food. This visit we had the mussels for starter. Yum. The cold tomato bisque that followed was sublime. For entrée, the steak and fries was simply delicious. The small town feel, a small/good wine list, relaxed pace all added up to one fine dinner.
- Cuvee dinnerReginaDined on 9/17/2014Had dinner at Cuvee our last night of a 4 day/night wine tour of the Willamette Valley. It's a very small restaurant which at times can get loud, but not to the point where you had to shout to be heard. It is a prix fixe menu but the options for the price were pretty impressive. The whole meal was $28 per person! You had a choice of an appetizer or desser, then soup or salad and then your entree. I chose the caprese salad with wonderful fresh heirloom tomatos and then skipped the soup/salad portion and had the pork tenderloin which was perfectly done and delicious. My friend had the rib eye steak and said it was the best he ever had. For a small town this was a very impressive menu and meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved The Moroccan Lamb StewCindyZDined on 8/31/2014The food was a pleasant surprise and a great deal for a prix fix meal. My husband had the pork "filet mignon" and I had the Moroccan Lamb Stew. It was delicious and a welcome respite after several days of over the top rich meals in the wine country. The French waiter (owner?) was attentive and possessed a dry, funny sense of humor which made the dining experience fun. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Away Gem in Carlton.CaptHMorganVIPDined on 8/2/2014Charming French restaurant with excellent food, wine list and service, significantly below the price point at similar restaurants in Portland, Newburg, McMinnville. Well worth the trip if you are in the Willamette Valley for wine tasting. Well worth the drive from Portland too!Special Features:
- CuveeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014We really like this restaurant - excellent wine list and great food. All at a very reasonable price for the quality. Carleton is also such a wonderful town. We just wish we lived closer so we could go to Cuvee more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious dining in the W ValleybienfaitDined on 7/19/2014We enjoyed a relaxing and delightful meal here with friends. The food was fresh and notable, and Henri's service and presence provided a subtle yet definitively warm welcome. In the Willamette Valley, Carlton has a charming tiny town center and Cuvée is the only spot for a well prepared dinner with carefully selected ingredients, and solid service. The dining room is charming and best suited to small parties of 2-6 persons. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- One of our favorites!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/16/2014Cuvee has been one of our favorite restaurants since the days they were on Portland! Well worth the trip out to Carlton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant for a Small TownKatyBVIPDined on 7/11/2014We received a recommendation from our hostess at the Carolton Inn B&B to eat at Cuvee. The food was good and the service even better. Would definitely go back here again if we are ever in Carolton again.Special Features:
- The following 48 reviews are from the Cuvee reviews archive.
- Dinner guestsJazSpeaksDined on 6/20/2014David is a talented chef who owns and operates this gem of a bistro In Carlton directly across from Ken Wright Cellars. The wine List small But careful hand picked, with labels you just don't find anywhere. I came all the way from Los Angeles for the experience and it was well worth the effort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- karenandleoDined on 6/15/2014The food and wine was very good and just the right portion. Get value for such a great meal. Look forward to going back, hopefully often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 100% enjoyable!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014We had outstanding food - everyone (6 of us) raved about their entrees as well as appetizers and desserts, all homemade. Henri, the owner/proprietor/waiter/chef/jack-of-all trades, was welcoming and provided perfect service. A rare find in a small town away from it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- never disappointedworthadriveDined on 5/11/2014We have come to Cuvee for many years. Every dining experience has been positive and keeps us coming back, despite the drive from Portland area. Chef Henry continues to offer a variety of wonderful dishes, while also keeping some of our favorites on the menu. I recommend the lamb stew this time!Special Features:
- Some France in CarltonValleyFanDined on 5/9/2014Cuvee is a smallish place in the cool, wine-centric Carlton downtown. The chef and host is an actual Frenchman, whose food is hearty, reasonably priced and delicious. While a few recognizable Willamette Valley wines are available, the wine list is very reasonable ($52 is the most expensive bottle) and includes mostly French wines, including some nice Rhone blends and Chateau Nuef d'Papes. I enjoyed the rib steak and pomme frites very much, as we did with the mushroom appetizer. The Lirac Rhone blend we chose (southern Rhone, very dark and probably largely syrah) complimented the meal well. Our host was engaging and personable, and clearly loves what he does. We've been before, and we'll be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreattttttDined on 4/12/2014Great food, great service, great time. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rural wine country gem!fasteddieDined on 2/28/2014Very nice to have a fine dinning experience in Yamhill County. Cuvee is Carlton's contribution. On par with Amity's Blue Goat and better than any thing in Dundee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem in Oregon Pinot CountryOregonPinotChaserDined on 2/15/2014Having tried many, and enjoyed most of the fine dining establishments in the area from Newberg to McMinnville, to Forest Grove in the North, we keep returning to this gem in the small town of Carlton. Henri has created and maintains a relaxed, unpretentious French restaurant that rivals the best in the area. When you consider the food quality and choices with access to a narrow, and well-selected wine list, add the approachability Henri creates with his welcoming atmosphere, this little place goes to the top of the list. Nothing better than great food, great wine and an atmosphere that requires no work to enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beef bourgogne/stew was goodcosmusDined on 2/14/2014Beef bourgogne/stew was good but my wife's was better. My wiofe's fish dish was excellent. Wine was good. Accoustics were bad when several groups became quite loud and maybe had too much wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First times a CharmIslandGirlDined on 12/28/2013Chef Proprietor, Gilbert Henry, went out of his way to make our dining experience very pleasant. Even though mixed drinks were not advertised, he made a killer Cosmo for both my husband and me. After our amazing entrees, we weakened and ordered a Crème Brulee and a Chocolate Mousse that we devoured with another couple. Would definitely return for any special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at Cuvee, Carlton, OregonChasDined on 11/30/2013Authentic French chef from Alsace in the heart of Oregon's wine country with excellently prepared dishes at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet French ResaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/29/2013We had the chance to talk with the chef/owner who was able to tell us more about the food and also the story behind the restaurant. I had beef bourguignon that was excellent. Would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Carlton treasureShannonDined on 11/23/2013The food at Cuvee was excellent. We enjoyed a delicious beef stew and the fish was wonderful....a perfect end to a perfect day in the wine country of Oregon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, great service!SeattlePinotTastersDined on 11/23/2013Our group of 9 gathered here for dinner. Excellent French menu. Appetizers were great - especially the oysters. Everyone loved the variety and quality of the entrees - especially the seafood. Service was great and very accommodating for our group. This is the second time our group has met here after a day of tasting pinot noir in the area and were very happy once again we chose to eat here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet and friendlyJeffVIPDined on 11/16/2013We really enjoyed the quiet and laid back atmosphere of Carlton at night. Out of the way but worth the drive. The food was quite good. A small but smart wine list. Both food and wine were priced low (compared to Portland) and of extremely good value.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was fabulous. ItMinnesotaBobDined on 11/14/2013The food was fabulous. It was the best Sea Bass I've ever had. The price was very reasonable for such great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Treat in Wine CountryKodaDDinnerDined on 11/10/2013We have been to Cuvee several times during the summer months over the last few years and know it's our 'go-to' spot when we want a great meal after wine tasting. We where happy to get easy reservations (as it's usually packed). The secret is to go early- if you can. As the winery tasting rooms mostly close at 5 - our dinner at 5:30 was perfect (now that it's fall- and dark so early). The food was amazing, service stellar - and we had the place to ourselves for the first 20 min. Kinda romantic! The Prix Fix is the way to go - currently offered on Wed. Thur and Sunday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out in the French countrysideAndy12355Dined on 11/2/2013Greatest and seated immediately with a dry sense of humor Wine was delightful - not many choices, but a broad selection Great ordourves, seasonal soup and tastee main course With traditional desserts and coffeeSpecial Features:
- Worth a special tripjamaleDined on 10/11/2013We had heard good things about Cuvee and finally got the chance to try it. It exceeded our expectations. The food was spectaular, the wine was perfect and the owner was fabulous. If you are in the area this should be a muct stop on your visit. It is worth going the extra mile even if you are not staying in Carlton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night and great foodLuv2eatDined on 9/28/2013We had a great birthday celebration with family and friends. The food the service and the company were wonderful. We all picked different entrée's so we did a little sharing. Very yummy. We would definitely go back. Love the small town of Carlton.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningAndJDined on 9/22/2013What a gem in the small wine town of Carlton. Everything was perfect! Wonderful choices on the prefixed $26 dinner. Many local wines were featured.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but too LoudDaintyDinnerDined on 9/15/2013Four of us enjoyed dinner at Cuvee recently and found the food and service very good - - especially for a reasonably priced, fixed price dinner. The only down side was a large group of patrons seated at an adjacent table. The group was so loud that we had trouble conversing. I know the restaurant is limited in what it can do about such a problem, but it does suggest the need for some sound deadening surfaces or maybe a banquet room. Regardless, we will return and enjoy Cuvee again but I might just check first to see if any large groups are booked when we plan to go.
- Someone was missing . . .OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2013The food at Cuvee was outstanding, BUT there was obviously some staff missing on Sept 13. The very cheerful lady who seated us and poured our water ran a shop across the street and was "just helping out." Our wine arrived 30 minutes after we did and the food sometime after that. Three large parties of 6 or more (each with at least one person who'd been to too many wine tastings) were also present and generated enough noise to make conversation at our table for four almost impossible. We'd been told that conversations with the chef were often a highlight of the Cuvee experience. The missing staff made that impossible. If we ever get back to the area again, we'll certainly return . . . hoping that all personnel are there and working.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- happy to find this place in CarltonOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/1/2013A girlfriend and I had a nice dinner here. The food was really good home cooking. Nothing fancy but really solid. If they have a fish with smoked paprika on the menu, try that. The owner has a great dry sense of humor. He had us laughing. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Quiet gem with good foodTberryDined on 8/30/2013Very good food and overall experience. Menu was a bit small but everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/29/2013A French gem in the Willamette Valley. Unassuming street appearance nestled in Carlton, OR, but the menu and service were nothing short of outstanding. 3 course Prix fixe menu was excellent with oysters sautéed in clarified butter or chicken liver mousse headlining the hors d'oeuvres. Among a fine selection of entrees, the medallions of pork and the Moroccan style lamb stew were so delicious, we came back for dinner a second night and were not disappointed. The owner and chef visited our table often and was a delight. Excellent local wines served, especiialy the Ken Wright Cellars......(delighted to chat with Ken Wright himself who was dining there one evening). Highly recommended if you are visiting the Oregon wine country!!!......BGSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.