2001 Western Ave.
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cutterscrabhouse.com/
- Phone: 2064484884x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00 am-4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00pm-9:30 pm
Dinner: Friday and Saturday 4:00pm - 10pm
Weekend Breakfast: Sat & Sun 11am 2:00pm
Bar: Sun-Thurs open 'til 10:30pm, Fri and Sat 11:30pm
Happy Hour: 3pm-6pm and 9pm-close Saturday and Sunday 4 - 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Deborah Breuler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cutters Crabhouse
One of Seattle’s proudest traditions is the Pike Place Market, right next door. The market thrives by providing the highest quality seasonal products indigenous to the Pacific Northwest. This allows Cutters--totally remodeled in April 2012--to be directly influenced by the unique nature of the market. Because of Cutters' ongoing commitment to incorporate only the finest seasonal Northwest ingredients in all menu offerings, we can truly say: “If it’s there, it’s here."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Cutters Crabhouse - Best Restaurants in Belltown / Pike Place Market ›
Cutters Crabhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (141)special occasion (90)fit for foodies (52)good for groups (49)great for lunch (39)romantic (38)neighborhood gem (23)notable wine list (18)great for brunch (18)kid-friendly (14)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Great food, view and service!GotSteakDined on 9/20/2014We had a great time. Some friends came to Seattle for the first time and we took them to Cutters for a Saturday evening dinner. The service was great, the food was very good, and the place was really energetic. We really enjoyed ourselves that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Great restaurant with great food. Wife and I loved the clam chowder. It just took a while for our waitress to come by. But after she came by we had great service. I understand that the restaurant was pretty packed for a Tuesday night.Special Features:
- What a View?OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/14/2014Cutter's was the best Seattle dining experience we had over the past week. The service was friendly and thorough without being bothersome. For a busy night it was extraordinary not to have had some hiccup. The steamer clams were excellent and the halibut amazing. The restaurant is spacious with wide spacing between tables allowing for normal conversation and not being bothered by conversations at adjacent tables. We will definitely be returning on our next adventure in Seattle.Special Features:
- Wonderful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2014The Alaskan King Crab was among the best I've had; cooked perfectly, easy to get out of the shells and very sweet. The accompanying vegetables likewise were very nicely done. The grilled romaine was superb. We had made a reservation and were seated at a table by the window with a great view. Altogether a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Dinner before cruiseSKesqDined on 9/13/2014Ate here before our alaskan cruise - they offer free shuttle service to select hotels - only issue was that we had to place our order by 9:30 (on a sat night) before the kitchen closed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014We arrived at 9:20AM for a 9:30AM reservation were seated as soon as they began seating; they don't open for brunch until 9:30. The food was fantastic. The offerings vast and the Quality was terrific. Would return in a heartbeat! Seattle in the Fall with a high of 80º & no wind made it a perfect spot to be! We were never hurried nor felt rushed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LisaJoDined on 9/13/2014We went to Cutters Crabhouse with some good friends to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary. The food, service, and view were outstanding, making this a night to remember.Special Features:
- Nice menu choicesLkirt2Dined on 9/11/2014I had a Halibut on a bed of spinach. It was very good. My wine choice was really nice as well. My colleagues had steak and sushi. Everyone was very happy and you can't beat the view.Special Features:
- Great girls nightNoHangryHereDined on 9/6/2014I had a great time here with a few of my girl friends last weekend. The waiter was very energetic and friendly. He actually made the experience even better. He was very aware of our time schedule for the show we were attending after. The food we ordered was great along with the wine. It was a great place to take my out of town friend with such a great view of the sounds.Special Features:
- A must on the listDfromCinciVIPDined on 9/4/2014Cutters is worth being on your "Must eat here list" when visiting Seattle. Consistently great food and service with a commanding view of the entire Bay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic as always!MandydogDined on 9/4/2014We were entertaining guests from Texas and were able to get a window table on a beautiful evening. Our server was delightful and attentive without being a bother. My only negative comment would be that the sesame crusted mahi was over cooked. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, but a little priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/3/2014Very good food, but a little pricey. The crab dip was probably the best I've ever had. Our waitress was very nice.Special Features:
- Always Delicious!TsarangyDined on 8/30/2014We took my sister in law and cousin to Cutters during their visit. They LOVED IT! My sister in law loved their oysters, she said they were better than Elliot's Oyster House down on Pier 56. The crab dip appetizer is delicious! The highlight as always is their Smoked Salmon Chowder! Creamy, bits of crunchy salmon skin, big chunks of salmon!!! My husband got the crab-stuffed prawns and loved them! Also said that the green beans were cooked perfectly, good amount of seasoning but keeping the integrity of the vegetable and crunchy. Our cousin got the lobster gnocchi bake and loved it. I split the crab fettuccine. It was amazing! Everything is delicious here and the staff was very accommodating and helpful! Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- Great view, food, and service!SuzieDined on 8/30/2014The menu was diversified in seafood and excellent food. We were impressed with their gluten free selection including fried calamari--this was an extra treat for us since we have never seen that anywhere on menus. The view was breathtaking and the service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServerMonaGDined on 8/29/2014Hank is best server we've had in a long while. Appetizers, especially sushi, were awesome, salad so so and the entrees were good. Bartender turned us off by asking us to close out check before we were seated.Special Features:
- Great View, Limited MenuView10Dined on 8/29/2014Had friends come to town and wanted to take them some place with a view and local food options. The view was great, but the updated menu is very limited. Even more limiting was the service. Our table was in the midst of what must have been a table of toddlers based on the mine field which was the carpet surrounding our table. The hostess pretended not to notice - something it appears she has to do a lot. Our waiter was nice enough, but couldn't seem to find his way back to our table very often even though we were there early and the place was fairly empty. The main dishes were poorly done - over sauced in a way that completely overwhelmed what was on the plate. All in all a bit sad for a place that once was a safe option for friends.Special Features:
- Alright mealOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/29/2014Probably wouldn't eat here again. Food was ok - it is in a great location though!Special Features:
- graduation celebrationSara873Dined on 8/29/2014Cutters has always been my favorite restaurant in Seattle. The food is amazing, the view is beautiful, and it's easy to get to. Our service was superb, and our server was extremely accommodating! Thank you for making our celebration perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service.Food4daysDined on 8/22/2014Food was good. My plate had to be sent back due to being cool. They quickly made it right, apologized and took it off the bill. In addition they took care of our desserts. Would go back without hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Right Size PortionsCA2NV2WADined on 8/20/2014The customer service alone is worthy of recognition. The food was amazing and served in just right portions. Don't hesitate! If you're looking for the perfect place with an amazing view and outstanding customer service, this is the place you're looking for. Come see for yourself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food was just OKTheLuckyJoeDined on 8/17/2014Halibut was over cooked and other meats were dry. While they had kid menu, but no kid plastic dinnerware and had to ask for straws
- travelswithlindatravelswithlindaDined on 8/17/2014This was only our second visit to Cutters (we don't live in Seattle). We had requested a window table and were seated in a very short time. We go to Cutters for the food and the service and were not disappointed. Everything was excellent, including drinks. The waitress advised us on the menu, to include one she would not recommend, to us that is a sign of a very good restaurant and that is why we go to Cutters when in Seattle. To all - try Cutters and enjoy.Special Features:
- Excellent service, food, view.eastcoastgirlDined on 8/16/2014Celebrated my birthday at this special place and was treated with excellent service that made it a very memorable occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Setting the mood.BrabusDined on 8/16/2014I had been planning on proposing to my girl friend on Saturday night so, I was looking for a fun, yet romantic setting for dinner. When we arrived at Cutters everyone was very friendly. The table was perfect for seeing the waterfront as well as watching the sunset. Eli was our waiter and did an amazing job. He set the mood early. He was appropiately fun, relaxed, never rushed us and helped make it a wonderful evening. He went over the top to accomodate our food choices. We went with the King Crab and sirloin steak. The steak was good, but the crab was to die for. My (now fiance') said that it was one of the best meals she has ever had. I later proposed in the VIP gondola of the ferris wheel. She said yes, of course!Special Features:
- Great weekend brunch placePeteKDined on 8/16/2014great selection of brunch favorites and crab extras. Well served and great view over Elliot BaySpecial Features:
- Great food decent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Service was good, but our server had a slight creepy "buy more food" vibe. Certainly won't turn a lunch sour, the food is still great and the view is perfect for out of town guestsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great choice on Seattle waterfrontLvGr8diningDined on 8/12/2014Cutters has been a favorite happy hour spot for 9 years in Seattle. We recently had dinner for 4 for a birthday celebration. Window seats, great food and service, plus complimentary creme brûlée for the birthday guest. My only issue is the limited selection of entrees on the dinner menu. What we ordered was excellent. Compliments to the chef(s)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great views, scenic and comfortableGlamourgirlVIPDined on 8/11/2014We always plan one nght at cutters. Food and service are good with one of the best views in Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/10/2014this was a nice friendly restaurant in the middle of a prime area. the food was good but not excellent. The service was fine but not great. We did not have a lot of attention.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointment!NormVIPDined on 8/9/2014Greatview. Pleasant service. Too bad they have to serve food. It Ruined the view and the service didn't make up for it.Special Features:
- Very mediocre and mass-appealingMellowOchreDined on 8/9/2014We were early and were punished. Our usual table location request was ignored and in fact we were seated in just an opposite request location. There was a horrible glare and someone finally noticed that I was wearing my sunglasses. Our server Eli was the absolute best but the supposed signature fish and chips had overbattered and soggy fish... Almost like one would get at Captain D's...I debated going here or Etta's and probably wish we had now gone there..
- A great place 2 entertain guests!VissidarteVIPDined on 8/7/2014The menu choices, the locally sourced foods & the staff are terrific! The eatery sports different sections: Bar/lounge, different sections & a private dining room with a grand view over the Sound, harbor and Mt. Rainier! It's a winner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an anniversary made specialspecialtimesDined on 8/4/2014we took my parents to Cutters for their 66th wedding anniversary! I requested a window table and we got a beauty! Great view, great food and service. Larry our server was very good with my parents who are 85 and 86. He even brought a complimentary Crème Brulee for my parents..which just happens to be their favorite. My husband and I especially enjoyed the mussels which were in a fabulous broth..great for dipping the crusty bread in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Husband and opened Cutters 30 yrraymagDined on 8/4/2014We have always enjoyed Cutter's since they opened. We were there Mon Aug 4 to celebrate with friends we hadn't seen in several years. This was their favorite restaurant when they lived here. This tme we were not overly impressed with the menu. Nothing especcially outstanding. The Bread we ROCK HARD. Where did the soft warm foccia bread go? Where did the Yakisoba go? (my personal favorite)Special Features:
- Better than niceLMZimmermanDined on 8/3/2014We were a party of three and we did enjoy our overall dining experience, but my husband's shrimp and rice entree (sorry, can't remember the name of the dish) that was simply too spicy. Usually he likes spicy (hot) foods, but this was just too much and he ended up eating only a few bites - my girlfriend and I had to share our dinners with him. Management was nice enough to deduct the cost of his plate off the bill. My husband was also very disappointed to learn that their once famous pea salad has still not been put back on the menu!Special Features:
- Great food, service and ambiencespecialnite4usDined on 8/2/2014We were celebrating our anniversary and had made a reservation and requested a window seat. We arrived a few minutes early and sat in the bar while we waited for a window seat, which is not on a reserved basis. About 15 minutes later, we were seated in a back corner with a gorgeous view and so romantic; it was so nice! We had a great server and a wonderful dinner that made our anniversary so special. There was just one thing I want to mention though, our parking was validated at the restaurant, but we had to pay $3 in the parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything we expected and more!DeeTNDined on 8/1/2014On our "return home visit" we wanted a special dining place for our Son and Daughter-in-Law to experience the ambience of Seattle Seafood, scenery, and warm personality! Everyone was all very gracious. I also loved that we could reserve on line. With coordinating a trip between 2 families, Coast Guard Cutter schedule and 3 hour time difference, I was researching at odd hours of the day and night, and discovered this convenience. What a delight. But, the real star was the wonderful seafood. The Crab legs, the soup, the salad AND the wine recommendation were "right on." My Daughter-in-Law declared that this is far better than New England fare that she experiences back East. Thank you for a very memorable experience!!Special Features:
- Beautiful viewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/31/2014Cutters is a great spot for viewing Elliot bay and the mountains beyond. We were treated to an air show of the Blue Angels practicing for Seafair. Always a good place to take visitors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantWestCoastTripVIPDined on 7/29/2014Very nice. Our server was fantastic and the food was great. The view was the icing on the cake.Special Features:
- Probably won't be back.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2014We hadn't been to Cutter's for a few years, and were really looking forward to it. We weren't able to sit by a window because they didn't have enough servers, then others right after us sat by the windows. They didn't have the wine we wanted. When we agree to a second choice, they only brought one glass; we had ordered two. And it was very expensive.