2001 Western Ave.
Seattle, WA 98121Neighborhood:
Belltown / Pike Place Market
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.cutterscrabhouse.com/
- Phone: (206) 448-4884
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily 11:00 am-4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday 4:00pm-9:30 pm
Dinner: Friday and Saturday 4:00pm - 10pm
Weekend Breakfast: Sat & Sun 11am 2:00pm
Bar: Sun-Thurs open 'til 10:30pm, Fri and Sat 11:30pm
Happy Hour: 3pm-6pm and 9pm-close Saturday and Sunday 4 - 6pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Deborah Breuler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Cutters Crabhouse
One of Seattle’s proudest traditions is the Pike Place Market, right next door. The market thrives by providing the highest quality seasonal products indigenous to the Pacific Northwest. This allows Cutters--totally remodeled in April 2012--to be directly influenced by the unique nature of the market. Because of Cutters' ongoing commitment to incorporate only the finest seasonal Northwest ingredients in all menu offerings, we can truly say: “If it’s there, it’s here."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Cutters Crabhouse - Best Restaurants in Belltown / Pike Place Market ›
Cutters Crabhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (136)special occasion (85)good for groups (60)fit for foodies (56)romantic (50)great for lunch (40)neighborhood gem (28)great for brunch (21)notable wine list (20)hot spot (19)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (11)vibrant bar scene (9)great for outdoor dining (8)Show More
- Great place to go for business meetingswbmlfpDined on 11/17/2014I think our group was the "energetic" one's in the restaurant. The food was excellent, service was top of the line and attentive, and overall great business meeting!Special Features:
- Good seafood spot on Puget SoundJakeDined on 11/16/2014Good seafood with view over puget sound. I've seen reviews about spotty service, but our server was spectacular - attentive, informative. If you like seafood eateries on waterfront, this is a good one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service. VERY noisy to talkMoneymanDined on 11/14/2014Wonderful service,good food but with a group of 7 it was VERY hard to talk to anyone. I tried to talk to the person right across from me and they had to repeat almost everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waterfront choiceMichaelWDined on 11/8/2014The view of the waterfront (even while under construction) provides an unbeatable ambiance (ask for window seating). The staff is friendly and helpful. When they didn't have the wine we wanted (it was on their wine list) a good recommendation was made at a lower price. The food was 'good' but with the ambiance what was good enough to make a good restaurant experience.Special Features:
- Great NightJim2winDined on 11/8/2014We had friends in from out of town meeting us at Cutters for dinner. They were about 45 minutes late in getting there but the Cutters staff was great. We were seated at our table and they brought us complimentary crab dish with bread, outstanding. When our friend showed up the staff got them to our table and started taking some more drink orders. We enjoyed our drinks, eat great food and had a great nighttime view of the Sound. The staff was very patient and helpfulSpecial Features:
- Richard WhitworthOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014The visit to Cutters was GREAT. The only downer for the evening was when I was leaving and the parking garage below you tried to gouge me on the parking rates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome to Seattle - with classPAtoWADined on 11/7/2014I brought my parents here while in town from PA, and we were very impressed with the food, views (even at night) and the overall beauty of the restaurant. Our food came out quickly and timely (cheese curds!), and we all enjoyed the salad and entrees. Was a little more expensive than I typically dine, but honestly worth it. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to tryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014The seafood was ok. I would go back and try again. The service was very knowledgeable and had good recommendations.Special Features:
- Great Dinner with FriendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/1/2014Great dinner with friends. I had the almond crusted scallops and they were to die for. We started with the crab dip and cheese curds. Very delicious! The food is so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Batting a ThousandOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/1/2014This was my second visit. The Seafood Louis was exquisitly fresh, the view and ambiance stunning as usual, and service front to back superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a pleasure 2 return regularlyVissidarteVIPDined on 10/30/2014not only for the excellent locally-sourced food but the reliable and courteous service. The team works together well, and guests are well taken care off. The service from the host to the servers with a smile is prompt and pleasing. Kofi N took excellent care of his guests and his serving skills came with ease. The restaurant has undergone renovations and it looks even better than before. It's a large space but it feels intimate no matter where you sit. The sound system is non-obtrusive, making it possible to hold a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KennethVIPDined on 10/27/2014Great dining experience. After a day of touring we were able to relax with drinks before dinner. The waiter allowed just the right amount of time to serve us. The dinner was awesome. Everyone on my party came away very happy.Special Features:
- One of my favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014Staff is always friendly, food is scrumptious, portions are perfect, and the view is spectacular. I bring guests there all the time for business lunches and dinners. It does not get much better than Cutter's!Special Features:
- EXCELLENTOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/26/2014The food and the service was EXCELLENT!!!! EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENTSpecial Features:
- Food excellent, service not so muchBingloDined on 10/26/2014When we were first seated, service was good. After 30 mins and more tables filling up, we had to search for our server. The food was excellent when we finally got it. Wanted dessert but were afraid we would be there all night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!JewelzDined on 10/25/2014We were an hour early but they seated us immediately. I requested a window seat and got it. Service came quick. Our waiter, Roy, was fabulous! Our orders were perfection. I ordered grilled filet medallions oscar and it was cooked just how I like it. My fiance ordered seafood jambalaya and he couldn't even finish it. It was amazing. On top of that we got a chocolate molten cake with raspberry cheesecake ice cream on the house since we were at Cutters for our anniversary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Anniversary Dinner ExperienceStuntBunnyVIPDined on 10/24/2014My husband and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary with a weekend in Seattle and chose to have our celebratory dinner at Cutters Crabhouse. I booked our reservation through OpenTable and in the notes section, mentioned the milestone and asked for a window table if one was available. From the moment we arrived EVERYONE we interacted with at Cutters was incredibly friendly, warm and accommodating. (We were congratulated on our anniversary when we checked in, our table was by a window and decorated with confetti.) Our waiter was absolutely perfect (not intrusive but spot-on attentive) and our meal that night was delicious. We were very happy with our entire experience and will definitely be recommending Cutters to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hit and missesGopher20Dined on 10/24/2014Hits: Drinks and the Chowder were excellent. The sushi was fresh and well prepared. However, the seafood entree was just ok, which surprised me based on the prices. The chef over cooked the King Salmon and depended too much on sauces that over powered the fish.Special Features:
- great service and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We had great service and atmosphere. The salmon was dry but my sushi and dessert were awesome.Special Features:
- Ok... not great.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014The highlight of our meal was the fried cheese & spicy jam. The service was great but overall the food was just OK. We went for the seafood but it wasn't the highlight of the menu. It felt like a restaurant that was in its prime in the 80s or 90s.... but now just doesn't quite know what to do with itself. It's very tired.Special Features:
- Romantic Evening1stdatememoryDined on 10/18/2014Cutters was an Awesome choice for me and my girlfriend to have dinner. They made it a very special night for us and the staff was second to none in service. I can definitely say we will return to have dinner here the next time we come to Seattle. Thanks Cutters for making it a very Romantic evening for us!Special Features:
- Great view and locationBoricuaDined on 10/18/2014The restaurant is in an impeccable location right off the Pike's Market. Excellent for lunch and those visiting the market. The view of Elliot bay was great even on a typical overcast day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Premium location and viewDisraeliGearsDined on 10/8/2014Cutters is a wonderful option for entertaining out of town guests and for celebrating special events. The atmosphere is lively and the location is central to the tourist core of Seattle, being adjacent to Pike's Place market. The close-up view of the city and waterfront with the mountains in the distant is pretty special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location poor serviceSeatactownDined on 10/7/2014We went to Cutters on a Tuesday night for dinner. The restaurant was not packed by any means yet somehow our waiter still had s very difficult time coming to our table. Even after eating he left our empty plates for over 20 mins before offering dessert. I was not impressed and have had better experiences before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My new favoriteCarnivoreDined on 10/7/2014I took a friend here for her birthday dinner. The food was excellent, the view is outstanding and the service was perfectly executed. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- good seafood, good viewshin23Dined on 10/6/2014visit there with group of 5 for business dinner. Seafood appetizer great, nice main dish choice.Special Features:
- Cold high priced foodsorealDined on 10/4/2014Roy our server was great, the good on the other hand was cold and high in priced. Oh and did I mention very bland... on a good tip the view and drink drink were great!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/4/2014We had a very nice evening here and the view is amazing. We ordered the King crab legs, which were excellent. If they put you in the corner booth (extremely tight on one side - I'm 5'8" and 130 lbs.) just ask kindly to be moved, they will do it with a smile.
- Outstanding Meal!DennisDined on 10/4/2014We're from out of town and Cutters was recommended to us by a good friend who's local. He wasn't wrong. We set up our reservation on line, which was convenient and easy. The staff seated us right away and the front house staff was prompt and courteous, with great senses of humor. I had the Alaskan Halibut and my wife had the Baked Crab. The fish was flaky and moist, with good flavor. The ginger in the recipe was prominent. Overall quite good. According to my wife, the crab was also excellent.Special Features:
- No Complaints-Everything just rightPhillisimoDined on 10/2/2014Celebrated our tenth anniversary and everyone from the hostess to the bus-boy helped us celebrate with good wishes. Our meals were perfect as was our wine selection. One thing to keep in mind for visitors to Seattle is that Cutters offers a Courtesy Van to pick up and deliver guests at their hotel. This feature is greatly appreciated by us retired folks.Special Features:
- Comically ArrogantComicalDined on 10/2/2014The service staff where comically arrogant. The restaurant was approximately 25% occupied and despite being on-time for our reservation, we were left to stand in the lobby for 10+ min. After recongnizing us the greeter answer calls, took the names of others arriving, strolled away, anything but seat us. No exploitation was provided. Once we were being seated and saw how deserted the restaurant was, we had to laugh. The server at the table had the same “I'm above this all" attitude. I found myself apologizing to my out of town guests. The behavior of the employees ruined what was otherwise a good meal and view. I'm not planning to come back anytime soon and supect only the owner will care.Special Features:
- By the BayBobbyDined on 10/1/2014Very attractive location near Pike Markey in downtown Seattle. Obviously a fish place with fresh products. Good service, attractive.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/30/2014Good things: Sunset view from a window table, nice atmosphere, sushi. Bad things: $40 for King salmon drenched in balsamic vinegar? The chef's special was not good. The entire plate was black from the vinegar. Being the adventurous diner that I am, I decided to try it instead of sending it back. Not a good idea. The underlying ingredients were a good idea but it was ruined before it got to me. This place is expensive and definitely not worth the money with other nearby places offering better cuisine for less money.
- Outstanding as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2014Combination of great views, very good service and excellent food. Always ask for a table by the window for a view of the sound but even booths across from those tables are up a bit higher and can offer nice views as well.Special Features:
- FriskyDined on 9/28/2014Food was excellent, but service slow. It appeared to me Cutter's needed more waiters at the Sunday dinner hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oyster Run VisitTexas1Dined on 9/26/2014Flew In from Houston on a vist to a close friend along with my wife on a Friday nite, after we checked in the Edgewater we arrived early and had a few cocktails then dinner. Your Steamers were excellent as my friend recommended.Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Eats Sounds-sideMIckDDined on 9/26/2014Enjoyed a great dinner with a friend! The gnocchi with lobster and crab was fabulous. If I'm in Seattle again, Cutter's will be on the itinerary....Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/24/2014Roy the waiter was amazing. Very nice and courteousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scenic view with fantastic meal!PellaFellaDined on 9/21/2014My wife and I enjoyed our shared birthday brunch at Cutters Crabhouse overlooking Elliott Bay just north of Seattle's famous Pike Place Market. Parking is available in a garage under the restaurant, and Cutters will validate your parking ticket for a 50% discount on your parking. We loved the calamari for an appetizer (plenty for two to split) and each ordered an entree of fish tacos. All were very tasty, and beautifully presented. Our service was excellent. Since we both have birthdays this week, our server invited us to each pick out a complimentary dessert. All in all, it was a gorgeous day, a fantastic view of the bay, and a delicious brunch. We will return to Cutters soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, view and service!GotSteakDined on 9/20/2014We had a great time. Some friends came to Seattle for the first time and we took them to Cutters for a Saturday evening dinner. The service was great, the food was very good, and the place was really energetic. We really enjoyed ourselves that evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.