CUT by Wolfgang Puck at The Beverly Wilshire
9500 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90212Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
CUT by Wolfgang Puck at The Beverly Wilshire
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/restaurants/finedining/cut/beverlyhills/
- Phone: 3102768500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 6:00 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Friday 6:00 p.m - 11 p.m & Saturday: 5:30 p.m. - 11 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Lee Hefter
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Wheelchair Access
A word from CUT by Wolfgang Puck at The Beverly Wilshire
There is strength in numbers and the June 2006 opening of Southern California’s most anticipated restaurant in years – CUT and ultra lounge – sidebar, the triad of master chef Wolfgang Puck, renowned architect Richard Meier and the acclaimed Beverly Wilshire, a Four Seasons Hotel, became the most excited and talked-about restaurant and lounge threesome in the 21st century. A chic spot in the heart of Beverly Hills, CUT has become the place to see and be seen and has garnered high praise from prestigious outlets including the Los Angeles Times (Three Stars), Wall Street Journal and Wine Spectator, and was awarded “Restaurant of the Year” by noted food critic John Mariani in Esquire magazine. In 2007, CUT was nominated for "Best New Restaurant" by the James Beard Foundation, considered one of the highest marks of distinction within the culinary community. CUT is the recipient of one star in the prestigious Michelin Guide, 2008 and 2009 Los Angeles editions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
CUT by Wolfgang Puck at The Beverly Wilshire - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
CUT by Wolfgang Puck at The Beverly Wilshire reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (82)fit for foodies (56)hot spot (49)notable wine list (40)romantic (35)vibrant bar scene (22)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (12)late-night find (7)great for outdoor dining (3)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Average, overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Very overpriced, got the sampler plate and it was $135 for 10oz of steak and it wasn't mind-blowing. Then had to pay more for vegetables or others sides, which were all overpriced. The music was really loud and not fitting with the atmosphere - Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, our table had to talk loudly to one another. I had business associates from Australia at dinner; when I booked, I asked for a nice table and to fuss over them; when the restaurant called to confirm my table, I reminded them of my request and I was told that they already had it noted. When we arrived, we weren't seated at a great table and no fuss was made, that was disappointing. Overall, it was average but I wouldn't spend the money to go back.Special Features:
- Excellent Food; Long Wait for FoodDinerDudeDined on 10/17/2014As expected, the food was excellent and, in my mind, worth the price. After we sat down, it took long periods of time for our food to come, so service was not great. This comment does not apply to the waiter, who was very nice and responsive.Special Features:
- Great SteakMaryGofNCDined on 10/16/2014The main man was at the service window of the kitchen! He approached us, asked each of our group of five how dinner was. Regarding the food:The server answered our questions about the cuts, aging, and sourcing of the meat. My companion asked about a grass fed option, and the kitchen had it. We had the porterhouse, NE ribeyes, and Filet. Rib eye was cut thinner than typical but all were very tender and extra flavorful. Quality was superior. Family style sides of baby brussel sprouts & carmelized onions were standouts. Great shellfish appetizer of king crab, shrimp, etc., lightly dressed, and not claw meat. I had the pear martini which included fresh pear juice. We were at the bar and they retrieved us at the appointed hour so be punctual.Special Features:
- Carnivore heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Perhaps the best steak I've ever had but eye wateringly expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as the reputationRogeritaDined on 10/9/2014The Illinois and Nebraska steaks are good but not as good as the usual steaks at Ruth's Chris. No one at our table ordere either the American or Jabanese Wagyu. Even without those very expensive steaks, our party of six thought the prices higher than deserved. We always judge a steak house on it's side dishes as much as the beef. Their creamed spinach was like soup and not particularly flavorful. The onion rings were excellent as was their version of Mac & Cheese. Overall, everyone in our party of six was disappointed and none of us would care to go back.
- Disappointedtryn2slpVIPDined on 10/4/2014Initial impression was one of discomfort. Tables too close together. Seats uncomfortable. My steak was way undercooked for me even though I specified what I wanted. When I sent it back they charred it to a dried out burnt piece of filet. They did replace that with a steak cooked the way I originally requested on the third try. No excuse for a restaurant like that!!Special Features:
- Waygu Way Chewyluv2eatoutDined on 9/29/2014When I made a reservation, I filled out that it was a special occasion. When they seated us no one said anything to us or at knowledged the special occasion. The service was terrible! We didn't even get our drinks until 20 minutes after we sat down. No one showed us the different types of steaks and what they offer. We ordered the waygu which we had in Las Vegas and it was delicious there. The steaks in Beverly Hills were so chewy and did not have any flavor. We were very disappointed -no one came and asked us how our food was and because it was a special occasion we just suffered through the meal.
- All on point, but wine serviceLawPrawfDined on 9/27/2014The food is excellent. The meat is amazing as are the sides. The ambience is a bit too hip for my tastes, but that's okay. My only real gripe is with the wine service. First, the markup over retail is pretty steep. But the main problem is that throughout the meal every time a server walked by the table, they topped up our wine glasses. agree with Christopher Hitchens, who wrote that this “breathtaking act of rudeness”"conveys a none-too-subtle and mercenary message: Hurry up and order another bottle.” I bought the wine. It's now my bottle. I should decide when and how quickly it gets poured.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the $SapphireDined on 9/25/2014Our steaks were just "okay"; nothing to brag about. Vegetables were cold as was the soup. The tables were so close together you could hear every word of people's conversation; not to mention reach over & take their glass of water! My husband & I felt as if we couldn't talk to each other as we didn't want the table next to us to hear every word we said. If you were seated in a booth the noise level was probably much better. Very disappointing anniversary dinner.
- The CUT didn't make "THE cut"MichelinStarFoodieVIPDined on 9/24/2014The CUT was VERY average, from the chairs, to the food. My wife and I came to celebrate our wedding anniversary hoping for a nice meal and A+ quality service. However, we were first seated in the main dining area, which have average tables and very average office chairs; actually, my assistant has a better chair than the ones that they use. The maitre d's weren't very pleasant either, so I guess that's another black eye. And then it kind of just went downhill from there. I wish I could give the place a better review, but I guess after eating at the top Michelin Star restaurants in the US (mostly NYC) and abroad (Europe and Asia), I expect more from what is considered one of LA's finest restaurants. Sorry WP, I'm just being honest.
- Best steaks and service everSusieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Have been on a couple of special occasions and loved everything. We are steak lovers and they manage to get a terrific crusty sear on the steaks. The banana cream pie dessert is amazing. We also can't believe how great the service is with so many quickly anticipating every need.....but remaining fun and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It costs how much?witchywomanDined on 9/5/2014The food was yummy but nothing spectacular. Especially for the price. I was not prepared to wait 45 minutes from the time we ordered to the time we were fed.Special Features:
- jkl1VIPDined on 9/5/2014Cut is always very good. Tonight it was exceptional. Service was fabulous. Very attentive. The sommelier was fabulous. Really understood what we were looking for, including the price point. Recommend wine was perfect. Food was simply delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014This was our fourth time at the restaurant, and each time it gets better! Excellent food (pear martinis, cheesy puffs, breads, lamb, Steak, Mac and Cheese, Mushrooms and dessert) and excellent service! The very first time we visited The Cut, prices were a bit of a shocker, and I wasn't sure I was going to head back. However, if you figure what items you love, you will love it for the topnotch quality. I also had read several other reviews that service was not the best. In our case, I must say that David, who took care of us, was outstanding and went above and beyond. Possibly they are tired of the snobs, so if you enjoy yourself, they will make it enjoyable for you. I say - go try it!Special Features:
- luvfinediningDined on 9/4/2014the service was excellent. the servers were very attentive and informativeSpecial Features:
- Lost its vibrant edge already.Foodieguy13VIPDined on 8/30/2014Big holiday weekend and dull. No energy. Forgot our cocktails... Waiter paid for them but there goes the purpose of dinner!!! WP would be disappointed if he knew it was me:(
- Hit or missFoodie44Dined on 8/30/2014I've been to CUT about 8 times, both the Beverly Hills and Las Vegas locations. The first time I went was unreal, in a great way. Although pricey, it was absolutely the best ribeye I'd every eaten, hands down. The second time was nothing like the first. The steak was mediocre and ridiculously overpriced because of that. The next 3 or 4 times were solid as far as the food is concerned and the service is always good, however, I did see someone (BH location) preparing food behind a little counter near the entrance, lick his finger while preparing something, then proceed to use said finger to touch more food that was to be served. I brought it to someone's attention, but not sure if anything was done about it. Went last week and steak was raw.Special Features:
- Not a CUT above...LawyerWhoLovesFoodDined on 8/28/2014The king crab and shrimp Louis appetizer was delicious. The warm asparagus with a poached egg and bacon vinaigrette was not warm, the egg was overcooked and the dressing lacked flavor, which is tough to imagine when bacon is involved. I had the dry aged 35 days rib eye and it was not cooked as ordered and it came out warm at best. Decent flavor but when not cooked right and not nice and hot, hard to say anything other than disappointing when talking steak served at this caliber steakhouse. The baby corn and tempura onion rings were both good, but the creamed spinach was not. It was bland, runny and served cold. Soufflé for desert was good.
- ready2eatDined on 8/26/2014I think this restaurant fit people with ego and show off. The food is good but not exceptional and it is way overpriced even for somebody with money . love4 foodSpecial Features:
- ScottFineDinerDined on 8/25/2014Outstanding meal. Great service. Energetic vibe. Steaks (numerous cuts) are wonderfully prepared. From the Wagyu (Japanese or American) to the 21 day dry aged, you cannot get a better prepared steak anywhere.Special Features:
- Great Los Angeles SteakHouseCcwhitDined on 8/22/2014Highly recommend Cut to anyone looking for a great steakhouse. The ambience is spectacular and the food lives up to the hype. The Side Bar was a great hangout waiting for the table. Nice drinks with a Dj playing tunes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticollie07Dined on 8/20/2014My husband and I were in Los Angeles for a week enjoying our vacation from Canada. We are a huge fan of Gordon Ramsay and have dined at a few of his restaurants and have really enjoyed the experience. While we were in Beverly Hills we decided to try Cut and we were so impressed with the food and service...this one beats Ramsay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A ScenePrivateDInerVIPDined on 8/16/2014The room is very nice and one of the most clever of all is the Chairs! They are designed to be extremely comfortable and they are and they swivel making it very easy to get in and out. Who would think this would be included in a review? Well applause for that person who thought of it! The staff is very nice;servuce giid The food is very good as it should be but there are other special places around town that are just as good. The crowd is not so desirable...pretentious & loud The parking is a dismal mistake at best. Some would say a nightmare! After a 40 minute wait to retrieve our car, we got our money back and suddenly it appeared? Unbelievably disorganized. Overall, it is worth a one time visit but take a cab or UberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular SteaksFoodtodi4Dined on 8/16/2014All 3 of us had the Japanese wagyu beef which was spectacular and was one of the best steaks any of us have had. The waiter also recommended a nice red to complement the steaks and went out of his way to make us all feel welcome and comfortable. A wonderful night!Special Features:
- Foodie18VIPDined on 8/16/2014After dining at Spago & The Bel Air Hotel I expected both the food & the service to be five stars here as well. Although it was very good, it was far from either of those Wolfgang restaurants. I'm glad I tried it once but I would not go back again.Special Features:
- Loved my Illinois steakTimberlane1VIPDined on 8/14/2014Born and raised in Illinois and just moved to LA from Chicago. First place ANYWHERE I was able to order specifically an ILLINOIS corn-fed bone-in filet. That in itself was interesting. The steak and sides and service and ambience were fabulous. Chicago-class steakhouse with all the Beverly Hills glitz you would expect from the man who earned his chevrons at Baumaniere, one of the special places in this solar system. Hats off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only average steakBigDaddy1957Dined on 8/11/2014The service was great, the location and ambiance are fantastic, too bad the steaks are below par, not too tender and were overcooked. I've had much better food at joints that charge 1/3rd as much. In fact, one of the best meals ever was at CUT...in Las Vegas. Also, when I made the reservation on Open Table I noted it was a special occasion, my wife's 65th birthday. Nothing from the restaurant about that, they must have missed it or didn't get the info from my reservation. We celebrated her 60th at CUT as well...in Las Vegas.
- My favorite restaurantmmonetDined on 8/9/2014Open kitchen with the view to devils food creation and decoration. Great service, exellent food and beautiful ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I ever had.Vega1968Dined on 8/7/2014Best steak I ever had, the mixed drinks were delicious, and their signature dish, the bone marrow appetizer will blow your mind... It's not inexpensive by any means, but worth it. Wolfgang was even working in the kitchen and came out to say hi to the guests..Special Features:
- DeliciousspatellosDined on 8/4/2014Our meal was truly delicious. It had the same amazing food as an upscale steakhouse without a much more relaxed and comfortable yet hip and modern ambience.Special Features:
- Eh.MessmerizerDined on 8/2/2014Being a Wolfgang Puck restaurant, I expected ALL the food to be exceptional. A LOT of reviews said certain things were just ok & I didn't believe it -well- believe it! I had the GrassFed Filet Mignon which was good. BUT I've had steaks at cheaper places that melt in my mouth orgasmic style. This didnt. We got the Mac 'nCheese, that people had recommended- and it was nothing special. We also got the green beans which had no burst of flavor. They were completely forgettable. I did enjoy the dessert which wasn't actually an option on the menu. It was a blueberry ice cream baked alaska thing. And it was nice that they asked if we were celebrating anything and brought it out with a candle. I paid $300 for two of us.Special Features:
- SMGTDined on 7/31/2014always good...The sides are terrific...it can be noisy, but not too bad that night..Special Features:
- Great FoodfabfoodieDined on 7/25/2014The food was fantastic. Has the lamb and the bone marrow, both excellent. The cocktails were also great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SublimevelcroVIPDined on 7/25/2014I was reticent about dining here. The prices are exorbitant and I am not a steak eater, but wow what a great meal!!! Everything from the cocktails to the dessert was special. The music that they play is even noticeably fine. Deserves all it's rave reviews!Special Features:
- Excelente service and food quality.islandcruiserDined on 7/24/2014I went there with my daughter as a special ocassion and came very content with the experience. I will certainly recommended to anyone wishing to have a great dining experience in Los Angeles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingToomaDined on 7/24/2014I've been to several locations around the world, this by far rhe worst!
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/23/2014Booked a table for 4 at 9pm. Didn't get seated until 9:40. Very rude host. Spending almost $1,000 for dinner and had to put up with the rude receptionist/host. Bad taste in our mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Cut Above. Way above.foodistaVIPDined on 7/22/2014A new colleague and I were debating the best steak in LA. I did some research and was drawn to Cut for its consistently good reviews and interesting selection of non-standard sides. The evening was a huge success -- from the decor to the staff to the extraordinary food, and some MAJOR star sightings. For such a big restaurant the notice level was moderate, loud enough to be buzzy but not such a din that we had to shout our conversation. But the steak. Oh. The. Steak. My friend had the bone in rib eye that wod transport any meat lover to carnivore heaven. The sear gave a heavenly crust, the texture was sublime. I had the three piece sampler. Each steak had a distinct nature and flavor divine. Amazing sides. Bone marrow flan a MUST!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NROOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2014Open Table provided a quick and easy reservation (for the 6:15 seating). We were seated promptly as there was hardly anyone else there yet. The ambiance is consistent with the other reviews - nothing special. The team style service was prompt and attentive. The flavor of the steaks was outstanding even though the medium rare NY I ordered was really quite well into the medium range. When the waiter asked about the food, I mentioned the medium steak and he immediately offered to replace it. They might want to rethink the salt encrusted cooking style. The steak was much better after scraping it off. The wine list runs to the extravagant. The appetizers were good, and with a couple of sides, we were too full for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatnovnovinovDined on 7/18/2014Great experience. One of the Best steaks. The quality is the best of the best.Special Features: