CUT by Wolfgang Puck at The Beverly Wilshire
9500 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90212Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $50 and over
CUT by Wolfgang Puck at The Beverly Wilshire
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.wolfgangpuck.com/restaurants/finedining/cut/beverlyhills/
- Phone: (310) 276-8500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 6:00 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Friday 6:00 p.m - 11 p.m & Saturday: 5:30 p.m. - 11 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Lee Hefter
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Wheelchair Access
A word from CUT by Wolfgang Puck at The Beverly Wilshire
There is strength in numbers and the June 2006 opening of Southern California’s most anticipated restaurant in years – CUT and ultra lounge – sidebar, the triad of master chef Wolfgang Puck, renowned architect Richard Meier and the acclaimed Beverly Wilshire, a Four Seasons Hotel, became the most excited and talked-about restaurant and lounge threesome in the 21st century. A chic spot in the heart of Beverly Hills, CUT has become the place to see and be seen and has garnered high praise from prestigious outlets including the Los Angeles Times (Three Stars), Wall Street Journal and Wine Spectator, and was awarded “Restaurant of the Year” by noted food critic John Mariani in Esquire magazine. In 2007, CUT was nominated for "Best New Restaurant" by the James Beard Foundation, considered one of the highest marks of distinction within the culinary community. CUT is the recipient of one star in the prestigious Michelin Guide, 2008 and 2009 Los Angeles editions.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
CUT by Wolfgang Puck at The Beverly Wilshire - Best Restaurants in Beverly Hills ›
CUT by Wolfgang Puck at The Beverly Wilshire reviews from OpenTable diners
109 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (69)fit for foodies (51)hot spot (48)notable wine list (43)romantic (32)vibrant bar scene (25)good for groups (18)neighborhood gem (10)late-night find (4)great for outdoor dining (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Really is that good!JoeMDined on 11/20/2014Having enjoyed fine pieces of beef in most every major city, this rates as one of the very best. The Waygu sirloin was perfect - rich flavor, very tender, perfect size. As far as other items: the chocolate souflet was wonderful, good size to share. Great breads as well, and to me, the quality of the bread can make or break you. The service was excellent - perfect timing, no miscues with any orders.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't be better than this!!BirnyDined on 11/20/2014About my 5th time dining at Cut. I have never been disappointed at this restaurant. Wolfgang Puck is an absolute genius. He oversees all the food- even the desserts. His creative, perfectly prepared food is always delicious. The service is also consistently outstanding. You will also have an outstanding experience here, but be prepared for prices reflective of the high priced location and quality. Dinner for two without wine can easily top $250. With wine and drinks be prepared to pay $500-600.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationGKGunninDined on 11/19/2014I was looking for a great place to take my son, who lives in LA, out for his b'day dinner and Cut did not disappoint. Our waiter was amazing. He was very helpful with the menu, giving suggestions and the service was impeccable. The food was fabulous. We had the crab appetizer, Caesar Salads and he had the Japanese Wague ribeye and I had the Short Ribs. He has had the American Wague and does prefer it because it isn't as fatty. But the flavors were wonderful. We shared the apple crunch desert with ice cream and ate every bit. It was fabulous. We will definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing.CathyVIPDined on 11/10/2014We re-celebrated out anniversary at Cut since Scarpetta screwed it up and IT WAS SO AMAZING! We were greeted so kindly by the hostesses and seated promptly! The food was so delish and best dessert ever! Wait staff was so kind and attentative! Wolfgang Puck knows how to deliver from start to finish!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceServiceDined on 11/8/2014The service was terrible! It took 75 min to get out main course and we dint order starters. Then they brought most of the side dishes half way through our meal. And brought the wrong ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot spot to impress or be impressedlovemefoodDined on 11/7/2014Went to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday and the experience definitely lived up to the expectation! Service was impeccable and the food was incredible. Highly recommend the Beet salad with Oak Ash - have never tasted such sweet beets, the American Wagyu Sirloin which melts in your mouth (no sauce needed), and you MUST get the Roasted Autumn Squash with thai sauce and peanuts....never would have thought this up on my own but this side dish is so unique and delicious! So glad we found room for dessert because it's all about their seasonal version of a Baked Alaska. For cocktails recommend the "Pins and Needles" which was not too sweet as the rosemary balanced the tartness from the lemon juice and "Bullet to the Head".Special Features:
- DesigndinerDesigndinerDined on 11/5/2014It's Wolfgang Puck.......... Everything is very well done. The reception is very friendly, the drinks come quickly with the best mini parm corn muffins I've ever tasted. American and Japanese Wagu presentation was very interesting. Marrow flan very tasty followed by a very unusually done short ribs. All followed by a visit from Puck himself made a very special evening.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/3/2014Excellent dining experience - great food and outstanding service!Special Features:
- harryDined on 10/29/2014Very expensive wines Very expensive wines Very expensive winesI would recommend this to a friend.
- waited 45+ minutes with the worst table everWendyVIPDined on 10/24/2014My family came to celebrate my husband birthday. The hostess had us waited for 45+ minutes even I had reservation made months ago. After 45+ min waited they place us to the entrance table which shouldn't be existed. Table was located at the elevator which i believe they closed down the elevator and fire extinguisher. I spent $300+ with the worst table in the whole restaurant.
- Cut what?Shodo13VIPDined on 10/24/2014This was our third visit to Cut. Its always a shock to get the bill here, but this time I had a $100 OpenTable check so it made it a little more, shall we say, palatable. Steaks are great (at $88 for a 9oz Ribeye it better be!), sides beyond the velvety mashed potatoes are pretty uninspired. Ordered Seafood Louie Salad to start which came on a bed of avocado - allergic to avocado. Is it too much trouble to list the ingredients on the menu? Whatever. Desert of Banana Cream "pie" was the best thing we had. Beautiful presentation - more like a very light Napoleon. Nice way to finish. Overall very uneven. Bring the checkbook.Special Features:
- Average, overpricedLuikaDined on 10/20/2014Very overpriced, got the sampler plate and it was $135 for 10oz of steak and it wasn't mind-blowing. Then had to pay more for vegetables or others sides, which were all overpriced. The music was really loud and not fitting with the atmosphere - Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, our table had to talk loudly to one another. I had business associates from Australia at dinner; when I booked, I asked for a nice table and to fuss over them; when the restaurant called to confirm my table, I reminded them of my request and I was told that they already had it noted. When we arrived, we weren't seated at a great table and no fuss was made, that was disappointing. Overall, it was average but I wouldn't spend the money to go back.Special Features:
- Excellent Food; Long Wait for FoodDinerDudeDined on 10/17/2014As expected, the food was excellent and, in my mind, worth the price. After we sat down, it took long periods of time for our food to come, so service was not great. This comment does not apply to the waiter, who was very nice and responsive.Special Features:
- Great SteakMaryGofNCDined on 10/16/2014The main man was at the service window of the kitchen! He approached us, asked each of our group of five how dinner was. Regarding the food:The server answered our questions about the cuts, aging, and sourcing of the meat. My companion asked about a grass fed option, and the kitchen had it. We had the porterhouse, NE ribeyes, and Filet. Rib eye was cut thinner than typical but all were very tender and extra flavorful. Quality was superior. Family style sides of baby brussel sprouts & carmelized onions were standouts. Great shellfish appetizer of king crab, shrimp, etc., lightly dressed, and not claw meat. I had the pear martini which included fresh pear juice. We were at the bar and they retrieved us at the appointed hour so be punctual.Special Features:
- Carnivore heavenGreatScotDined on 10/15/2014Perhaps the best steak I've ever had but eye wateringly expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as the reputationRogeritaDined on 10/9/2014The Illinois and Nebraska steaks are good but not as good as the usual steaks at Ruth's Chris. No one at our table ordere either the American or Jabanese Wagyu. Even without those very expensive steaks, our party of six thought the prices higher than deserved. We always judge a steak house on it's side dishes as much as the beef. Their creamed spinach was like soup and not particularly flavorful. The onion rings were excellent as was their version of Mac & Cheese. Overall, everyone in our party of six was disappointed and none of us would care to go back.
- Disappointedtryn2slpVIPDined on 10/4/2014Initial impression was one of discomfort. Tables too close together. Seats uncomfortable. My steak was way undercooked for me even though I specified what I wanted. When I sent it back they charred it to a dried out burnt piece of filet. They did replace that with a steak cooked the way I originally requested on the third try. No excuse for a restaurant like that!!Special Features:
- Waygu Way Chewyluv2eatoutDined on 9/29/2014When I made a reservation, I filled out that it was a special occasion. When they seated us no one said anything to us or at knowledged the special occasion. The service was terrible! We didn't even get our drinks until 20 minutes after we sat down. No one showed us the different types of steaks and what they offer. We ordered the waygu which we had in Las Vegas and it was delicious there. The steaks in Beverly Hills were so chewy and did not have any flavor. We were very disappointed -no one came and asked us how our food was and because it was a special occasion we just suffered through the meal.
- All on point, but wine serviceLawPrawfDined on 9/27/2014The food is excellent. The meat is amazing as are the sides. The ambience is a bit too hip for my tastes, but that's okay. My only real gripe is with the wine service. First, the markup over retail is pretty steep. But the main problem is that throughout the meal every time a server walked by the table, they topped up our wine glasses. agree with Christopher Hitchens, who wrote that this “breathtaking act of rudeness”"conveys a none-too-subtle and mercenary message: Hurry up and order another bottle.” I bought the wine. It's now my bottle. I should decide when and how quickly it gets poured.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the $SapphireDined on 9/25/2014Our steaks were just "okay"; nothing to brag about. Vegetables were cold as was the soup. The tables were so close together you could hear every word of people's conversation; not to mention reach over & take their glass of water! My husband & I felt as if we couldn't talk to each other as we didn't want the table next to us to hear every word we said. If you were seated in a booth the noise level was probably much better. Very disappointing anniversary dinner.
- The CUT didn't make "THE cut"MichelinStarFoodieVIPDined on 9/24/2014The CUT was VERY average, from the chairs, to the food. My wife and I came to celebrate our wedding anniversary hoping for a nice meal and A+ quality service. However, we were first seated in the main dining area, which have average tables and very average office chairs; actually, my assistant has a better chair than the ones that they use. The maitre d's weren't very pleasant either, so I guess that's another black eye. And then it kind of just went downhill from there. I wish I could give the place a better review, but I guess after eating at the top Michelin Star restaurants in the US (mostly NYC) and abroad (Europe and Asia), I expect more from what is considered one of LA's finest restaurants. Sorry WP, I'm just being honest.
- Best steaks and service everSusieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Have been on a couple of special occasions and loved everything. We are steak lovers and they manage to get a terrific crusty sear on the steaks. The banana cream pie dessert is amazing. We also can't believe how great the service is with so many quickly anticipating every need.....but remaining fun and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It costs how much?witchywomanDined on 9/5/2014The food was yummy but nothing spectacular. Especially for the price. I was not prepared to wait 45 minutes from the time we ordered to the time we were fed.Special Features:
- jkl1VIPDined on 9/5/2014Cut is always very good. Tonight it was exceptional. Service was fabulous. Very attentive. The sommelier was fabulous. Really understood what we were looking for, including the price point. Recommend wine was perfect. Food was simply delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/5/2014This was our fourth time at the restaurant, and each time it gets better! Excellent food (pear martinis, cheesy puffs, breads, lamb, Steak, Mac and Cheese, Mushrooms and dessert) and excellent service! The very first time we visited The Cut, prices were a bit of a shocker, and I wasn't sure I was going to head back. However, if you figure what items you love, you will love it for the topnotch quality. I also had read several other reviews that service was not the best. In our case, I must say that David, who took care of us, was outstanding and went above and beyond. Possibly they are tired of the snobs, so if you enjoy yourself, they will make it enjoyable for you. I say - go try it!Special Features:
- luvfinediningDined on 9/4/2014the service was excellent. the servers were very attentive and informativeSpecial Features:
- Lost its vibrant edge already.Foodieguy13VIPDined on 8/30/2014Big holiday weekend and dull. No energy. Forgot our cocktails... Waiter paid for them but there goes the purpose of dinner!!! WP would be disappointed if he knew it was me:(
- Hit or missFoodie44Dined on 8/30/2014I've been to CUT about 8 times, both the Beverly Hills and Las Vegas locations. The first time I went was unreal, in a great way. Although pricey, it was absolutely the best ribeye I'd every eaten, hands down. The second time was nothing like the first. The steak was mediocre and ridiculously overpriced because of that. The next 3 or 4 times were solid as far as the food is concerned and the service is always good, however, I did see someone (BH location) preparing food behind a little counter near the entrance, lick his finger while preparing something, then proceed to use said finger to touch more food that was to be served. I brought it to someone's attention, but not sure if anything was done about it. Went last week and steak was raw.Special Features:
- Not a CUT above...LawyerWhoLovesFoodDined on 8/28/2014The king crab and shrimp Louis appetizer was delicious. The warm asparagus with a poached egg and bacon vinaigrette was not warm, the egg was overcooked and the dressing lacked flavor, which is tough to imagine when bacon is involved. I had the dry aged 35 days rib eye and it was not cooked as ordered and it came out warm at best. Decent flavor but when not cooked right and not nice and hot, hard to say anything other than disappointing when talking steak served at this caliber steakhouse. The baby corn and tempura onion rings were both good, but the creamed spinach was not. It was bland, runny and served cold. Soufflé for desert was good.
- ready2eatDined on 8/26/2014I think this restaurant fit people with ego and show off. The food is good but not exceptional and it is way overpriced even for somebody with money . love4 foodSpecial Features:
- ScottFineDinerDined on 8/25/2014Outstanding meal. Great service. Energetic vibe. Steaks (numerous cuts) are wonderfully prepared. From the Wagyu (Japanese or American) to the 21 day dry aged, you cannot get a better prepared steak anywhere.Special Features:
- Great Los Angeles SteakHouseCcwhitDined on 8/22/2014Highly recommend Cut to anyone looking for a great steakhouse. The ambience is spectacular and the food lives up to the hype. The Side Bar was a great hangout waiting for the table. Nice drinks with a Dj playing tunes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticollie07Dined on 8/20/2014My husband and I were in Los Angeles for a week enjoying our vacation from Canada. We are a huge fan of Gordon Ramsay and have dined at a few of his restaurants and have really enjoyed the experience. While we were in Beverly Hills we decided to try Cut and we were so impressed with the food and service...this one beats Ramsay!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A ScenePrivateDInerVIPDined on 8/16/2014The room is very nice and one of the most clever of all is the Chairs! They are designed to be extremely comfortable and they are and they swivel making it very easy to get in and out. Who would think this would be included in a review? Well applause for that person who thought of it! The staff is very nice;servuce giid The food is very good as it should be but there are other special places around town that are just as good. The crowd is not so desirable...pretentious & loud The parking is a dismal mistake at best. Some would say a nightmare! After a 40 minute wait to retrieve our car, we got our money back and suddenly it appeared? Unbelievably disorganized. Overall, it is worth a one time visit but take a cab or UberSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular SteaksFoodtodi4Dined on 8/16/2014All 3 of us had the Japanese wagyu beef which was spectacular and was one of the best steaks any of us have had. The waiter also recommended a nice red to complement the steaks and went out of his way to make us all feel welcome and comfortable. A wonderful night!Special Features:
- Foodie18VIPDined on 8/16/2014After dining at Spago & The Bel Air Hotel I expected both the food & the service to be five stars here as well. Although it was very good, it was far from either of those Wolfgang restaurants. I'm glad I tried it once but I would not go back again.Special Features:
- Loved my Illinois steakTimberlane1VIPDined on 8/14/2014Born and raised in Illinois and just moved to LA from Chicago. First place ANYWHERE I was able to order specifically an ILLINOIS corn-fed bone-in filet. That in itself was interesting. The steak and sides and service and ambience were fabulous. Chicago-class steakhouse with all the Beverly Hills glitz you would expect from the man who earned his chevrons at Baumaniere, one of the special places in this solar system. Hats off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only average steakBigDaddy1957Dined on 8/11/2014The service was great, the location and ambiance are fantastic, too bad the steaks are below par, not too tender and were overcooked. I've had much better food at joints that charge 1/3rd as much. In fact, one of the best meals ever was at CUT...in Las Vegas. Also, when I made the reservation on Open Table I noted it was a special occasion, my wife's 65th birthday. Nothing from the restaurant about that, they must have missed it or didn't get the info from my reservation. We celebrated her 60th at CUT as well...in Las Vegas.
- My favorite restaurantmmonetVIPDined on 8/9/2014Open kitchen with the view to devils food creation and decoration. Great service, exellent food and beautiful ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I ever had.Vega1968Dined on 8/7/2014Best steak I ever had, the mixed drinks were delicious, and their signature dish, the bone marrow appetizer will blow your mind... It's not inexpensive by any means, but worth it. Wolfgang was even working in the kitchen and came out to say hi to the guests..Special Features: