Curry Mantra 3 - Vienna
262 H Cedar Lane SE
Vienna, VA 22185Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Curry Mantra 3 - Vienna
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.currymantra3.com/
- Phone: 7039926332
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Indian, Contemporary Indian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, BYO Liquor, Delivery, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Curry Mantra 3 - Vienna
Curry Mantra 3 offers you an elegant dining experience where you can give your taste buds the classical and traditional taste of Indian cuisine. Indian Restaurant Curry Mantra 3 is one of the most popular places for a fine Indian meal in Vienna, Virginia. The menu at Curry Mantra 3 brings to you with some of the best curry dishes from all over India.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerIndian
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Curry Mantra 3 - Vienna - Best Restaurants in Vienna ›
Curry Mantra 3 - Vienna reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (6)great for lunch (4)special occasion (2)romantic (2)kid-friendly (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- Curry Mantra 3 (VIA NVAM) excellentJanetVIPDined on 7/19/2014Even with the limited selections of the Northern Virginia Magazine offer for $13.00, dinner was excellent. The mango ice cream is incredible! We asked for spicy seasonings for the entrees. The butter chicken and the goat dish were very good. The appetizers were very good as well. We look forward to returning for sampling the entire menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food + service, poor ambianceOldTownDinerVIPDined on 7/18/2014The food was really good, and the service was also fine (all servers were very polite and friendly), but the ambiance at this location is terrible. It's in a horrible strip mall and just feels strange. I would not go back.
- Tucked in small shopping plazaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014Curry Mantra 3 is a bit off the beaten path unless you are a local who travels by this plaza either for work, shopping or to avoid Chain Bridge Road. Perhaps a twenty table, nicely decorated and calm environment probably good for lunch although we visited it for dinner. We took advantage of the tasting menu offered for the week with a choice of appetizer, main and dessert for $13 per person. Butter chicken still had a spicy bite despite being ordered mild while the mango ice cream was very flavorful. Looking forward to another visit to try some other choices, maybe lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the drive from LeesburgNikachuVIPDined on 7/15/2014We were impressed at the upkeep of the dining room, and the hospitality of the staff. Even though Curry Mantra 3 is located in a strip mall, it was actually very inviting. We were tempted by Northern Virginia Magazine's restaurant week promo, but after looking at the menu decided to try dishes that we were actually craving. The samosas and the goat curry was excellent, the chicken tikka a little on the dry side, but seasoned nicely, and gulab jamun for dessert was a great ending. We're definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- choosyDined on 7/7/2014The restaurant was closed as it was Monday. I was annoyed that Open Table had not told me about the usual closure.Special Features:
- Best Indian in Northern VirginiaTangowoodVIPDined on 6/27/2014Not having sampled every Indian restaurant in northern Virginia, I may be stretching a point. But I've sampled all three Curry Mantras often enough to say that the food is the best of any Indian restaurant I've tried. And the special dishes at each of the three go well beyond the standard Indian offerings at most places.Special Features:
- over all goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014The food was very nice, serving was good. Overall good. We came on a weekday evening dinner. They seems to be a little hurry to take the plates before we finish eating. Came and asked twice whether finished. So have to wind up the dinner fast.Special Features:
- Good but not greatpartridgepegVIPDined on 6/22/2014Curry Mantra 3 is located in a "past it's prime" strip mall, so the first impression is not a good one. Inside the restaurant is much better with up-to-date furniture and an overall appealing presentation. The buffet is where most customers head, but we ordered from the menu and found both the appetizers and entrees to be very good. A good selection of Indian beer is available. The service is warm, but not professional -- e.g. tables were not cleaned between courses so the next course was placed right on top of anything left over from the previous course. If you are looking for good curry and nothing else it's the place for you.Special Features:
- A little disappointedbreakfastloverVIPDined on 5/16/2014We love Curry Mantra II in Fairfax, so decided to try Curry Mantra III because not all of the restaurants are the same. This one was a bit disappointing. The food was delicious. But the atmosphere is not as appealing and delightful as Curry Mantra II. Also, the waiter was curt and abrupt, and really not that welcoming. We will stick to Curry Mantra II, which we consistently give 4 to 5 stars.
- The following 31 reviews are from the Curry Mantra 3 - Vienna reviews archive.
- Best Indian food in NOVALizLobsterLoverVIPDined on 5/2/2014This restaurant is fabulous! Their food is delicious and the service is impeccable. They recently took the dumplings off of the menu which is a shame because they were amazing.Special Features:
- Eat HeredouggieboomerDined on 4/22/2014The food is wonderful. The atmosphere takes you to another world. The service is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian cuisinekennethVIPDined on 4/18/2014When ever we dine at Curry Mantra III, we always order one of their "must try's". Again one of those appetizers provided a combination of tastes and textures new to us. CM III has replaced Bombay Bistro as our favorite Northern Va Indian restaurant. Food is always well prepared and in some cases different than that available elsewhere. It also has the best decorative tile work anywhere.Special Features:
- First rate!LizLobsterLoverVIPDined on 4/10/2014This restaurant is the best Indian restaurant in the area. Consistently great food whether dine in or delivery. Friendly and considerate staff. One of the few area restaurants that serves goat.Special Features:
- Quiet Indian Food Serving GembreakfastloverVIPDined on 3/31/2014I truly enjoyed my experience at Curry Mantra 3. I have been to the original and I think this one is pretty equal in comparison. Although I do believe the dishes were prepared slightly differently they were equally as good. I ordered the butter chicken with no cilantro (which they complied). It was delicious and spicy! I often find that Indian restaurants don't actually serve spicy dishes anymore, so I was happy to see a change here. My boyfriend ordered Lamb Saag and loved it. He said it was one of the best he has ever had. The only thing that was awkward was we were the only ones in the restaurant. Multiple people came to pick up food, but no one else was eating in. If you want a quiet, but delicious Indian meal this is the right place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but too smallNVRCDined on 3/28/2014The food here was rated highly by a native of India, 2 newcomers to Indian food and a couple of Indian food fans. Great price for an excellent lunch buffet. If you have a larger group, try Curry Mantra 1 or 2 - They are very good, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Curry Mantra 3 Continues TraditionShrimpDined on 3/15/2014After going to Curry Mantra 1 several times, it was fun to try Curry Mantra 3 with two great friends! We were very pleased! The staff was wonderful and food superb. We brought our own special bottle of wine and paid normal corkage fee. It was a great experience and we will go back for sure!Special Features:
- Great Indian CuisineAndyDined on 3/1/2014This is one of a group of restaurants (now 3 and soon to be 4) that have some wonderful food. This was our first visit to this one. We had Bombay Chaat Masala for an appetizer - the potato was delicious and fried just perfectly. Our entrees were the Dhansak Chicken and Kabuli Lamb. The lamb was pretty spicy and tasted great - the meat was tender and juicy. The sauces are delicious. The entrees were served with Saffron basmati rice and we also had Naan bread. A very tasty meal! We already tried Curry Mantra 2 - now we have go to the original!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another winner for the Curry MantraTangowoodVIPDined on 2/28/2014We were late for our reservation and arrived only 25 minutes before the kitchen closed. Yet we were welcomed warmly and not rushed to order. We enjoyed our meal without a sense of being hurried to finish, even as the hostess and waiter stopped by to ensure we were enjoying our meal. Of course the food was excellent, as always at the other two Curry Mantra restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Met ExpectationsGratefulHubbyDined on 2/22/2014We did a Groupon dinner at Curry Mantra 3 in Vienna, and we're happy to report that it fully met expectations ... excellent food, good service and ambience ... all in all a tasty and pleasant evening. Indeed, the quality of the food places CM-3 in the upper echelon of Indian restaurants in northern Virginia ... and certainly the equal of the other two highly-regarded Curry Mantras. Good job!Special Features:
- The crispy spinach appetizerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/16/2014The crispy spinach appetizer is very good. The vegetarian platter is a GREAT buy with lots of small dishes including nan and a delicious rice pudding for dessert. Every one of the selections on the veg platter was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tinyTinyDined on 2/1/2014They were really busy and initially the manager couldn't find our reservation. After waiting for 10 minutes we were seated. Food was not hot and no one came to the table to see if we were okay. My husband says he doesn't want to go there again. Pricier than other Indian places and they don't even provide bread with the curries. They didn't bother to say thank you even though the manager was standing near the door. So I would give just 2 stars to yesterdays visit.Special Features:
- the best in Indian foodfoodieDined on 1/20/2014went with their "signature" dish, curry mantra 2 "combo". absolutely the best. shared this with my son who had ordered the vegie combo and we licked the plates clean. I did have a group-on which certainly helped with the final bill -- i do find the prices a bit high but quality is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian food in ViennaEugeneDined on 1/17/2014I'm a novice when it comes to Indian cuisine, and scarcely knew where to start with the menu. We played it relatively safe, sticking to the 'must try' dishes on the menu. Everyone at the table thoroughly enjoyed the food. Service was very good, and we could hear each other talk without shouting. A great neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gamble that Paid OutRosieDined on 12/31/2013I bought a local living coupon for Curry Mantra--paid $20 for $40 towards a meal. Wasn't thrilled with the location but the food was good, service attentive, atmosphere attractive. The sauces for Butter Chicken and Chicken Masala were delicious, the chai tea is a must.Special Features:
- Great addition to the neighborhoodkennethVIPDined on 12/28/2013A charming restaurant with beautiful tile and marble work. The service was very efficient and the food was wonderful. We will return.Special Features:
- Although this the sister toAsianfdlvrVIPDined on 12/11/2013Although this the sister to two other Curry Mantras in the area, the menu featured dishes 'only at this restaurant,' an important indication that the chef is in charge. Very good Indian cuisine, but I thought the nan seemed a bit tired. Service was very attentive. I ding them only because on a semi busy night with no one waiting, the staff seemed to want to turn the table and not just let us sit and talk. On the feedback for they gave us, I suggested they add more selections to the wine list, but really, who drinks wine with spicy food? :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and awesome food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/5/2013Tried it out because we had a livingsocial coupon and it was well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quality is good.TinyDined on 11/29/2013This was my first visit to Curry mantra. Food was really hot and had a good flavor unlike other Indian restaurants. Don't mind going back again.Special Features:
- Newcomer in neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/27/2013Curry Mantra is a welcome upgrade to this neighborhood shopping center. Solid cooking, good service, nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- Curry Mantra 3 - Needs some work.BagladyDined on 11/23/2013Food was fair but service could use some improvement. Felt rushed and restaurant is very noisy. Would be more likely to order take out next time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb dinner!MDTravlinDined on 11/9/2013We like all 3 Curry Mantra's restaurants, the food was especially good at #3 the other night and we look forward to returning again soon. The decor was very nice, love the glass tile work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is good. Service is spottyFairfaxStation6VIPDined on 11/8/2013Food is good. Service is spotty -- we could not understand the waiter very well and he hovered too much.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice low-key placeJMillzVIPDined on 10/27/2013I am fairly new to Indian cuisine and I have to say I thouroughly enjoyed my food. The service was a little overbearing, both waiters (this location is small) were constantly at our table asking if we were ok, needed more this and that...It was to the point were it wasn't polite anymore but annoying. Overall, I'd give it a 6 out of 10 and would come back. On the weekends they have a lunch buffet for $10- that's a pretty good deal!
- Just as great as CM1 and 2!PjtrivitaVIPDined on 10/26/2013We love Curry Mantra in Fairfax so we wanted to try the Vienna location as well. The menu is a bit different but all of our favorite dishes are still on the menu at CM3 as well! My husband loves the butter chicken, and I love the kabob combo. And the garlic naan is to die for! Have to have at least 2 orders per meal! The lunch buffet is a treat as well. Prices are very reasonable and the service is fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing--perhaps an off-nightStevegVADined on 10/26/2013I went to Curry Mantra 3 with two other guests. We all were familiar with Indian cuisine. They were quite happy with their food. I was not pleased with mine and eventually sent it back and exchanged for a shrimp curry that one of the others had ordered and enjoyed. My disappointments: no sweet lassie, and the mango lassie was much too sweet; the lamb biryani was essentially a rather bland, tasteless rice into which some overcooked lamb was mixed (the lamb was far from succulent). I tried to convince myself that it was OK, but my dinner companions urged me to send it back. So, I summoned the waiter to do so. But, the waiter could not act on his own and had to summon the hostess to get an approval. I'd write more, but I'm out of space!Special Features:
- It was an amazing and deliciousVinsDined on 10/19/2013It was an amazing and delicious lunch experience. Could improve deserts available and wall posters of different states and 2 ladies next to world icons looked funny. Apart from that ,definitely a neighborhood gem. Going again soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AdditionIndianFoodieVIPDined on 10/4/2013This is a great addition to the Curry Mantra family of restaurants.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceamiesVIPDined on 9/29/2013Great food, great service and the best Indian food in Northern Virginia along with Curry Mantra 1&2Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a place to eat in FairfaxshellDined on 9/21/2013The crowd built until 7pm ish. The ambiance was very nice but the setup of tables left the staff scrambling up and down rows to get to tables. This probably will be fixed. It caused us to wait to be greeted and given water. The staff was friendly and polite. We ordered a lamb meatball curry and a combo with three types of meat and ordered a third vegetarian entree that we shared like sides. The dishes come with rice and you have to order the pita called naan unless you get the veggie plate that came with it. The food was delicious not spicy and for me would not be enough except we had the third entree. The veggie sampler was the best but maybe a bit expensive as a third entree. overall an enjoyeable meal.Special Features:
- Will definitely returnfussyfoodieDined on 9/20/2013Went with 2 colleagues and had the lunch buffet. Excellent food and everything was very very fresh -- a challenge for a buffet. The Indian potatoes were new to me, nicely spiced. The Indian rice pudding dessert was also very good. We wished there had been a chickpea dish. Other than that there was good variety. I don't know if the lunch buffet dishes changed daily. That would be good to know. The menu has a lot of vegetarian options including on the appetizers as well as some lamb and seafood dishes I would like to try. I look forward to returning and also to trying the other two which do have different menus and emphasis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.