Curry Mantra 2 - Falls Church
1077 W. Broad Street
Falls Church, VA 22043Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
Curry Mantra 2 - Falls Church
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.currymantra2.com/
- Phone: 7039920077
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian, Contemporary Indian, Unspecified
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering available for Office / Private Parties & any other occasions.
A word from Curry Mantra 2 - Falls Church
Curry Mantra 2 is an Indian Restaurant that is beyond the ordinary and specializes in India’s Regional Curries. We offer a great selection of Wines which goes well with our Indian Curry dishes. Experience the exceptional service, unique taste & elegant upscale decor while watching our live kitchen exhibit and you will see what Curry Mantra 2 is all about.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Curry Mantra 2 - Falls Church reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (8)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (3)special occasion (3)romantic (2)good for groups (2)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Ups and DownsGoTribeGoVIPDined on 9/17/2014We were a bit disappointed in Curry Mantra --- went on a weekday. The substituted salmon for their regular spicy fish dish -- salmon was overcooked and we asked for mild and they made it extra spicy. The crispy spinach appetizer tasted old --- like it had sitting around all day or more. The chicken tikka missala was good….. Perhaps the second string chefs work during the week?
- Pleasant SurpriseJkiserDined on 8/24/2014With all of the mixed reviews online, I wasn't sure what to expect from Curry Mantra 2 -- however, the price for lunch buffet at $9.49 per person seemed a pretty low-cost gamble on a Sunday afternoon. I was so impressed by the service and the food -- the vegetarian options were really something incredible - I don't even like lentils, but the garlic and spices they used were amazing. I heard that the butter chicken was notable, but honestly, the pakora and vegetable dishes were the highlight of our lunch here.Special Features:
- Did not disappoint.SimipletonDined on 8/24/2014This was our 6th time to the restaurant. We went for weekend buffet. The food was delicious and the service was attentive. It would be nice to have one or two more items in the buffet. Overall, very good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local place to get Indian foodJosephDined on 6/22/2014This place is unassuming and quaint, yet has very good Indian food. The spices are pretty good and makes the food come alive. Good butter chicken, lamb meatballs, Shrimp Masala, Salmon Tandoori and, of course, naan. The bread basket was bountiful and tasty. Although I liked the flavors of the goat vindaloo, I was not crazy about the goat itself (bones are left in). Would go back again and might try lunch next time.Special Features:
- Tasty FoodAndyDined on 6/21/2014If you like Indian Cuisine, this is a good place to go. We went here once before and went to another location in this group as well. The food is excellent and we tried Palak Anar, a fried spinach appetizer, which is superb. I had Goat Biriyani and my wife had Butter Chicken. They were both great and in ample portions. This is a very nice place to visit and the staff treats you well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better Indian options exist nearbywhatsthisDined on 6/13/2014My wife and I were sorely disappointed with the food from the appetizer to the entrees the only high light was the mango lassis. While it was nice that they offered pappadum and chutneys to start, it was stale. The service was friendly though a bit inconsistent. We were also taken aback when we were handed containers to pack our own leftovers. This was made more obnoxious by the volume of plates on the table and lack of surface area to work with. Apparently the servers are not overly concerned with their tips, perhaps because they pool them? The decor was probably the best part. It's a real bummer given the positive marks the original location has received from numerous published reviewers.
- Reliable excellenceTangowoodVIPDined on 6/8/2014As always, excellent Indian food with a variety of special items not found at other Indian restaurants. Along with its two siblings, Curry Mantra 1 and 3, the best Indian in northern Virginia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- average Indian food in my bookskiplVIPDined on 5/28/2014After reading the reviews about this restuarnat with 3 locations and being a big fan to try new Indian places ventured out to try the lunch buffet here. Service was great and the food was average at best. Butter Chciken was unremarkable but the best dishes were the tandori chicken and goat vindaloo. I know this is just the buffet but I do a lot of these so use that as my benchmark.Special Features:
- Great food, attentive serviceJPinvestVIPDined on 5/26/2014The food was very good and our servers top notch. Menu had a good variety of dishes, and they have a nice wine selection. Not so sure about the open kitchen concept, seemed some of the cooks spent more time watching the diners than us watching them. Great location in Falls Church, would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious dinnerPrimaDonnaDined on 5/26/2014Not only was the food delicious, but they respectfully and cheerfully problem solved my significant food allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 62 reviews are from the Curry Mantra 2 - Falls Church reviews archive.
- Something for everyoneleQueenVIPDined on 5/21/2014I'm always a little shy about eating at Indian restaurants, because the best dishes are usually spicy hot, which I don't enjoy. Luckily, Curry Mantra 2 has a large menu with traditional dishes spanning the spicy spectrum, with something for everyone. We started off with the shahi naan, which was delicious -- warm and buttery, with nuts (cashews? maybe almonds?) and dried fruit. My friend had the butter chicken, which wasn't as creamy as I'm used to, but was still tasty and was a large enough serving for leftovers. I can highly recommend the tandoori shrimp, which were perfectly cooked, tender, and flavorful. I'll definitely be ordering that again!Special Features:
- Nice dinner with friendsLaVillaDined on 5/17/2014We enjoyed our dinner at the Curry Mantra-2 last Saturday. We celebrated an important occasion with our friends, so it was very important for us to have a chance to have a leisurely chat with them (and they are slightly older people.) Therefore, the absence of noise at the restaurant was very welcome on our part. We felt that the waiters were attentive and courteous. Food seemed to be reliably authentic. The portions at this restaurant are very sizable, so we had platy of food to take home with us.Special Features:
- If I could give 0 starsLoveToEatDCVIPDined on 5/16/2014I have been to Fairfax location before and the food was good. So I decided to try the Falls Church location with a friend. Apart from the lamb dish that the server recommended, everything else was pretty unimpressive. The samosa especially was bad and not fresh at all. After we brought it to the server's attention, all the wait staff decided to avoid us. No one would make eye contact and no one bothered to come by to check if the rest of the meal was ok or if we needed anything. Waiting for the check took forever. The server just kept coming back to ask if we wanted a box (even though we had said no) - and kept forgetting the check. After waiting for 10 minutes without vail, we decided to leave cash on the table and left.
- Terrific foodannemarieDined on 5/16/2014We have been looking for a terrific Indian restaurant that we could afford to go to often. Curry Mantra is that place. The food is very good - chicken tikka masala is my favorite- and the waitstaff is very pleasant and very attentive. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining in comforthappydinerDined on 4/20/2014There was personal attention given to us. Food was good. Nan exceptional. Portion size great for the hungry crowd. The whole experience was very pleasant. Thank you.Special Features:
- Curry Mantra 2 versus 1 and 3OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/19/2014Our family has eaten at all three Curry Mantras and it's hard to pick a favorite as they are all excellent. That being said, we thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Curry Mantra 2 Satursday night. We ordered two appetizers - the fried spinach and the burgers - and they were both excellent. For entrees, we picked out a combination of standards (butter chicken) and some new ones and we were happy with all of them. We liked the coziness of Curry Mantra 2 - it's about the right size and you get a good view of the kitchen from almost any table in the house.Special Features:
- Attentive but not hoveringVegetarianDined on 3/31/2014Attentive but not hovering service. There are good options for vegetarians. Dim lighting made it difficult to read the menu. The crispy spinach salad is very tasty. The garlic naan actually had good garlic flavor. It was hard to tell if the "goat" was really goat or lamb. Generous servings of food--we had leftovers for another meal. Good value, easy to park.Special Features:
- Nice variety of entreesMJRinOHVIPDined on 3/20/2014I was hungry for Indian food while traveling, so I jumped on open table, checked out some of the menus, and set out for Curry Mantra 2. It's a little difficult to find, but well worth the effort. I had the Rogan Josh Indian Hot, and it was very nicely spiced - could have been a little hotter, but it was very tasty, fresh, and prepared to order. The garlic nan was fresh, nicely prepared with fresh raw garlic and piping hot when it was served. I would definitely recommend Curry Mantra 2 to any of my friends. It's not an extensive menu, but it's a very nicely done menu with everything prepared fresh. Outstanding!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Smashed Eggplant was smashing!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/11/2014As was the lentil soup. But the Goat Biriyani didn't measure up.Special Features:
- Curry Mantra 2 has excellentLarryDined on 3/1/2014Curry Mantra 2 has excellent Indian cuisine and friendly service. Who can ask for more?!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighborhood IndianPickyDinerVIPDined on 1/31/2014great neighborhood Indian tastes. Although we did not 'discover' this great place (the restaurant critics for the Washington Post have that honor) we can certainly concur with their evaluation. Good food, great service and even when the restaurant filled up, my wife and could still have a conversation without straining to hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm Impressed and close to homeKyriakiChrisVIPDined on 1/9/2014i love the fact that it is close to home and the food is as great as the one in Burke. the only complaint i have is the cold breeze behind my back, the draft. we are seating against the beautiful wall overlooking the front door which was fine. it would be nice to dine comfortably if the room temperature is comfortable room temperature. didn't really want to eat with my fur coat and jacket on. we will be back when it is a bit nice weather outside so the extra airconditionning will not get me chilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Indian CuisineNoniDined on 1/4/2014This moderately priced restaurant has Indian specialties rarely seen in other places, such as goat prepared in a variety of ways and some unusual vegetarian dishes. The fried spinach appetizer is outstanding. Everything is very tasty. Good service. And quiet enough to talk to your dining companions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bkerr32Dined on 1/4/2014good food you would expect from them, location helpful if you can't get into the city. table by the bathrooms and waiters work station not good.Special Features:
- Good Food...but...goodfoodDined on 12/31/2013The food was good, vada pavs were yummy :) (the indian burgers).... The quantity for the price is really good in the area, you will not have to order too much...but there were not that many specialty vegetarian options... Other than that, for NYE, it was a good dinner to have, would recommend to any spicy meet loversI would recommend this to a friend.
- More excellent food from Curry MantWGL1VIPDined on 12/28/2013We go regularly because it is simply the best Indian food in VirginiaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- some of the best Indian foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 12/1/2013some of the best Indian food I have had outside of IndiaSpecial Features:
- Great Addition To Falls ChurchBClarkeVaDined on 11/8/2013This was second time I've eaten in at Curry Mantra 2 (taken out several times as well). Wife and a friend and I enjoyed both the food and interactions with our waiter. CM 2 is a good contrast to Haandi, Falls Church City's long time Indian restaurant. CM 2 has unique dishes and is a pleasant addition to our local restaurant scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuisine + courtesy = return visits.TangowoodVIPDined on 10/22/2013The excellent food at Curry Mantra I encouraged us to try this second Curry Mantra, where we found the food just as wonderful and the service both welcoming and attentive. In fact, the server wanted to be sure we understood that a vindaloo dish would be spicy -- as it was, a little, but not really HOT. So diners should insist on "hot" if that's what's wanted. Regardless of the heat level, all of our entrees were delicious. We appreciated the server bringing our order of breads right away, as we wanted, rather than delayed until the main courses. It also was a nice touch for Sid, the kitchen manager, to introduce himself after the meal. Cuisine + courtesy = return visits. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Repeat Customerb70sDined on 10/19/2013I have been to this restaurant several times now and will continue to go back. The food and service are great and the atmosphere friendly. Kudos to the Curry Mantra 2 staff--you are doing a great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yumaaronDined on 10/18/2013tasty, many layers of flavors, and excellent vegetables in their dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed experienceCharlotteDined on 8/23/2013On our 3rd visit, things were falling apart. One of the managers told me that they had all new staff that night. It showed. But the kitchen was out of several ingredients called for on the menu (pomegranates and palek chat). I want to give them another chance, but I won't be in a hurry to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slightly disappointedmusselluvDined on 8/13/2013Heard great things about this restaurant and we were slightly disappointed with the food and service. The service was very friendly but plates were taken away too quickly and we never got spoons so didn't know that we were served soup. We thoroughly enjoyed our eggplant dish but thought the "must try" chicken dish with almonds and cinnamon was too bland and boring. I would still recommend this place to others, if "known" dishes are selected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty, but too much attentionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2013I've eaten several times at this restaurant, & the food is good. In particular I like the Chcken Bamian. We ate early (6 pm) on a Saturday and there was only one other party in the restaurant when we arrived. Perhaps because of this, the wait staff was attentive, a little too much so. I felt like there were 5-6 different people who kept checking in with us, and it was a little much. But I would still recommend this restaurant for the food - maybe for take-out.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Vegetarian optionsVegetarianDined on 8/7/2013As two vegetarians having dinner, we appreciated the outstanding choices. The "crispy spinach salad" was a surprise and a taste delight. We also were pleased to see Tandoor cheese" as so often there is no tandoor option for a vegetarian. The entrees were more than adequate. We both left comfortably full and we each took home enough food for two lunches a piece. Prices were reasonable; we felt we got great value for the cost. My friend lives in DC and said the food was better than most of the Indian restaurants she has eaten at in DC making this worth the trip. I went because an Indian friend recommended it as serving good, true Indian food. One dish was very spicy, the cheese was not; our spicy dish complemented the cheese.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Curry Mantra 2 AlsoOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/3/2013We are long time fans of Mantra 1 and now can expand our circle of favorite restaurants to include Mantra 2. Love, love, love the crispy spinach.Special Features:
- An enjoyable evening!GoingOutDined on 7/29/2013An attractive variety of selections of Northern Indian cuisine served by an attentive staff at a reasonable price. Kandahar Lamb and garlic nan were special treats.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as Curry Mantra in FairjodcDined on 7/27/2013We were expecting a similar menu as the original Curry Mantra but found it more limited. Physical menu was substantial and with spelling errors. Many items said, "must try" which is off putting. Samosas were large but filling extraordinarily bland and dry. Entrees were served with yellow pea soup and a huge amount of basmati rice. Shrimp were pungent and overcooked despite being large in size. Papadam served when we were seated was stale. We dined on a Saturday night. Very casual, men in shorts, well behaved kids, pleasant patrons and nice staff. Parking lot is not built for safe access, so be careful. For higher prices than other CM, this one gets an average review because food quality isn't as good. Not bad, just average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going down hill?OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/20/2013Does not seem to be as good as when it first opened -- but still a great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious, but a little priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2013The food and presentation were excellent. Portions are large. The only reason for 4 stars is the price. It's a bit pricier than the location in Fairfax. It also doesn't have the same intimate feel.Special Features: