40 West 8th Street
New York, NY 10011Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.currykitchen.net/
- Phone: 6466101979
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Daily: 5:00pm - 10:45pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: chef Tahir
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine
- Catering: all occasions
A word from Curry Kitchen
Let's face it: eating in New York City is expensive, and hunting for restaurants with great food and affordable prices can get tiring! Indian Restaurant Curry Kitchen, one of Greenwich Village's best spots for authentic Indian food with great taste and value, is committed to making every meal a deal for anyone who walks into the door. Why is Curry Kitchen one of the best restaurants for deals on Indian dishes and curry in NYC? According to Curry Kitchen, not one single customer leaves the restaurant without receiving a deal on their brunch, lunch, or dinner. Students, tourists, and locals alike can all find a great price on their favorite dishes and meals, so anyone can eat mouthwatering Indian cuisine on a budget. Curry Kitchen is a favorite for NYU students looking for a healthy meal between classes, and any student who visits can receive a 20 percent discount on their lunch. The hungry and bright minds of New York can always find an affordable lunch at Curry Kitchen.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Curry Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance2Noise LevelQuiet
great for lunch (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/15/2014The cauliflower appetizer was really great. The AC was broken though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 12 reviews are from the Curry Kitchen reviews archive.
- Lovely Quiet EveningcrankyVIPDined on 4/5/2014Wonderful visit with friends in a calm place with exceptional food. Best chicken tikka masala and paratha I've had in NYC. The delicious house curry was great too. Everything was perfect. Generous and kind service. It was a perfect place for a quiet Saturday night at a reasonable price.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice find and great food!NfoodloverDined on 2/1/2014The food was amazing and eventhough the food was a little slow the service overall was very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We truly enjoyed the food,mayaVIPDined on 1/3/2014We truly enjoyed the food, However the service was not good. We ordered rice for example and it arrived at the end of the meal. they brought the deserts as the plates for appetizer and main course were still standing on the table. The food was delicious however. Truly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food at great priceDaveDined on 12/26/2013Indian food here was great and the prices are very reasonable. I highly recommend this small neighborhood restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice Indian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/14/2013We went to the Curry Kitchen when we were in New York. I can't say that it is high on the list of "best Indian restaurants" but it was definitely good and we enjoyed our dinner. The ambiance was nice with interesting decorations on the walls.Special Features:
- Great food,Adamp3p4VIPDined on 10/26/2013Small quiet place only a couple of customers and us so very quiet. But wow was the food good. Very good value too and wow the food was amazing, did I say that already.Special Features:
- great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2013I have been looking for a good Indian restaurant for a while and now I found it! The food is outstanding, the people are friendly and attentive without hovering. There is good music but it isn't loud. I was able to enjoy a lovely night out and walk away with a smile. I recommend Curry Kitchen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our first visit but definitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/11/2013Our first visit but definitely not the last one! As a party of four we tasted and shared various dishes - each one prepared fresh and served piping hot as they should be. The choice of vegetarian entrees is amazing and any vegetarian will be delighted. Of course there is also the whole range of non-vegetarian, authentic Indian main courses and specials so that any party can easily find whatever their culinary expectation might be. Last but not least: indulge in the delicious desserts. Finally - service is very attentive, genuinely caring and friendly!Special Features:
- The food was appetizing andOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/27/2013The food was appetizing and affordable with the coconut naan being the highlight of the meal. I was misled by the prix fixe option listed on the menu. It does not explicitly list restrictions on this site and upon arrival I was informed that it will not apply to my dining experience. Although the food was satisfactory, the restaurant seems to be in transitioning from a take-out service to full scale restaurant.
- Good food. Much better thanDisappointedVIPDined on 6/12/2013Good food. Much better than a MUCH more expensive Indian restaurant the previous night.
- Nothing fancy but very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013Nothing fancy but very good food. Decent prices. Cute little place in the west village.Special Features:
- Great for lunchravensarrowVIPDined on 3/8/2013Great lunch deal. Curries are nicely spiced and delicious. Quiet for an eat-in lunch. Service was attentive but not obtrusive.Special Features: