200 E Tarpon Ave
Tarpon Springs,, FL 34689Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://currentstarpon.com/
- Phone: 7279405377x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday 11:30 Am - 2:30 PM
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Donald Kirkpatrick
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We will cater any event!!!
A word from Currents
Welcome to Currents Restaurant! A Fresh Seafood Concept. Hand Crafted Chef Features tantalizing your five food senses, Bitter, Sweet, Salty, Sour and Umami... Voted Tarpon Springs Best Restaurant for 2012, 2013 & 2014, we deliver Market Fresh Produce hand picked daily and pair with the highest quality Seafood and Meats. Enjoy a Sophisticated Wine List and Enticing Fresh Bar Cocktails. Remember that Currents is Gluten Free and Vegetarian Friendly! Don’t see something on our Menu? Call just a day or two ahead and we will prepare what ever it is you desire! We will host your Bridal and Baby Showers to create a stellar memory for you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Currents - Best Restaurants in Tarpon Springs ›
Currents reviews from OpenTable diners
29 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (24)fit for foodies (16)special occasion (13)romantic (11)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)good for groups (1)Show More
- WONDERFUL DINING EXPERIENCE!herpeppinessDined on 10/18/2014Dined here on Saturday night at 6:30 with reservations. Not busy, but slowly filled up. Make reservations! Our hostess Emily welcomed us warmly and seated us immediately. Marius was our attentive waiter. My 2 companions and I just couldn't decide what to order. It all sounded so good. We weren't rushed and actually stayed quite a while. A guitarist played very quiet, relaxing music in the background. Two of us had the Filet Mignon- medium rare- and it was OUTSTANDING. Melted in our mouths. It has a very delicate bacon jam topping. Our other friend had the duck, which she loved. Loved the Flatbread appy & Charcuterie Plate. Cheesecake- divine! Food was VERY fresh and DELICIOUS! Will definitely return. Wine was reasonable.Special Features:
- exceptionalmartieVIPDined on 10/6/2014This is the restaurant near Clearwater I've been looking for. Finally, fresh produce, attention to the flavor, attentive service. It's worth the trip.Special Features:
- Eating excellance!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014The Best place in the local 25 mile radius of north Tampa !!!!!!!! Our "special " place. Thanks to all the crew that make our dinners there special.Special Features:
- DisapointedDisapointedDined on 10/2/2014We have been here many, many times all before new Chef, McDonald of some three weeks or so. Food was not nearly as great as from previous Chef. Also, wait staff keeps changing.....we had jesse, a ways back, then another man, can't recall his name just now, but he is gone now also...This time we has Gabrielle, and she just was trying too hard to please.She said menu had completely changed. Didn't see much of a chand, still had Grouper, Salmon....Filet, Ribeye, pork.....but would like to see some creations. Disapointed with taste of food, and at an upscale tab, don't think we will be back anytime soon. Will go to Bonefish or Mystic Fish....Special Features:
- Great placeAurelia8108Dined on 9/27/2014Great place great location wonderful staff and great ambienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, poor servicelindineDined on 9/13/2014We dined here with friends. We were looking forward eating here it but the service we received that night was awful. We only had a 3 course meal - salads, main & dessert & it took us 2.75 hours. Our waiter was very inattentive & we had to ask for each refill, & the timing between courses was horrendous. We did express our irritation to the waiter as it took approx 1 hour after our salad to receive our entrée. You would have thought he would have been more attentive after that but he wasn't. When we asked for the check, because we were waiting on that too, instead of being attentive to picking it up soon he went missing again then he decided to bus a nearby table instead of cashing us out quickly. Food, when received, was great.Special Features:
- Nice service, but food order wrongIvanaxDined on 9/12/2014Went for the first time. I ordered the wedge salad with grilled snapper. The food wasn't a culinary experience, the salad was good, but the fish OK. The waiter suggested Jumbo Lump Crab Cake Sandwich. The smell was wonderful. ..... Next time I'll be sure to get it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FANTASTIC FINDStevef48Dined on 9/5/2014While visiting my daughter and son-in-law for my wife's Birthday, I did an Open Table search and there were only 3 restaurants in the area that accepted reservation. One that surfaced to the top was Currents in Tarpon Springs. Since my wife and I live in Wellington, FL, we wanted to make sure that we found a place that was upscale and had great food/service. Based on my search, we ended up at Current and we were so happy with the choice. The food was outstanding, the service was excellent, the atmosphere was romantic and the management was wonderful. this is a true find for the area and I highly recommend Currents for anyone wanted a quiet romantic dinner, any type of celebration or just taking guest to dinner. Absolutely Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed our AnniversaryCelebrationDined on 9/5/2014My husband and I celebrated our Anniversary last Friday evening. We were concerned when we were told that they had a new Chef since we really loved their prior Chef's food and menu. However, we were very pleased with our dinner and the service and enjoyed our dinner immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely little bistrodatenightoutDined on 8/23/2014We drive about an hour just to dine at this lovely little bistro. The food is wonderful and there is a pleasant little bar as well. The walls are decorated with artwork for sale from locals. Always a nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and MusicMermaidDined on 8/22/2014We went for a romantic dinner. The nice thing is that that have someone playing a guitar with nice music while you dine. The Grouper was fantastic and so were the vegetables and crab cake. We made reservations through open table. They were not quite ready for us, but really got on it to get us a table of our choice; so very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special treatmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014When I booked a table at Currents I said in "special requests" that I was a vegan and hoped to have some rice or quinoa with vegetables, if possible. Also that I was bringing my elderly mother with me to celebrate my 60th birthday. We got there early because the cab was early, but we were seated immediately...at a table with a birthday card for me! Our waitress, Stacey, was fabulous and treated us so warmly, giving particular attention and patience to my mother. PLUS, she said the chef had prepared a special vegan offering for me of wild rice and sauteed vegetables. Excellent food and service. The owner/manager walked us tot he door when we left. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- DisappointingDennisDined on 8/20/2014We used to just love this restaurant. The food was fabulous and service awesome. While the service was very good, the food was just "good". very bland and just OK. Not particularly on our return to list any longer.Special Features:
- Dined on the wrong eveningDonnerDined on 8/1/2014The night that we dined here it was their 5th anniversary celebration. Even though we had a reservation, it took them an hour to get us seated. The service was slow for drink orders as well as dinner. I am sure that had it not been for the anniversary party going on our dining experience would have been better. The menu had a nice variety and I am sure we will return to give it a second try.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/20141st and last beef entree I will have. Always great servers and environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/30/2014The food was excellent but our server was poor. We've dined here before and with a different server we enjoyed the entire experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MidweekLeeGVIPDined on 7/23/2014We went midweek and enjoyed a great meal and personal service.Special Features:
- Excellent AnniversaryKAKADined on 7/22/2014We visited Tarpon Springs for our 25th anniversary and received a recommendation to go to Currents for dinner. What a great choice! Since it was a week night, the place was not busy and the staff were very focused on us ... including having an anniversary card for us (nice touch). Excellent food & excellent service made it a very special dinner.Special Features:
- Tarpon JewelJohnBVIPDined on 7/18/2014Currents, downtown Tarpon Springs, is a marvelous restaurant....from the greeter, servers, bartender, entertainer and manager . Our latest dinner last Friday was superb (my wife's filet was perfect and my grouper fantastic) with the gravlax appetizer phenomenal. With such a friendly staff who go out of their way to make your experience special, Currents is truly a Tarpon Springs treasure.Special Features:
- Perfect light supperOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/24/2014Came in wanting a light dinner and had a soup and appetizer combo that was outstanding. Charcuterie plate was amazing as was the Lobster bisque.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 120 reviews are from the Currents reviews archive.
- GreatJenJDined on 6/14/2014Awesome first visit! we will be back soon. Food and service were amazingSpecial Features:
- Above & beyondYoungatHeartVIPDined on 5/24/2014After enjoying our anniversary meal the bill was presented with a card from the management and staff recognizing our special day. No other restaurant in 39 years has ever done that, even those close to home where we have been regular customers. Real class! Food was great, service attentive. Amid all the ethnic restaurants in the area, Currents stands out for its European flair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice placeSarasotaRobDined on 5/17/2014An enjoyable evening away from the tourist places on the Sponge Docks.Special Features:
- Mother's Day MealSpurgDined on 5/11/2014Have returned several times...Service is excellent, food is delicious, waiter worked with my daughter's gluten-free, vegetarian diet with ease. Cool atmosphere. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- DisappointingMikeDined on 5/10/2014Very loud electronic piano overwhelms the atmosphere and good food of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Perfect Mom's Day CelebrationDiningDivaDined on 5/10/2014I took both my parents to Currents for the first time. It was a lunch for my mother to celebrate Mother's Day. They totally enjoyed the whole experience. The food was outstanding and the service was wonderful. This was my third visit to the restaurant and I will certainly be back.Special Features:
- Last minute reservationLeeGVIPDined on 5/3/2014We had not been to Currents in a couple years. We were presently surprised. Everything was perfect from the wine to the food and the service. The waitress even put together an after dinner cheese board as if we were in Europe even though it was not on the menu. We will be back!Special Features:
- Never Disappoints1lucky1VIPDined on 4/24/2014Whether you stop by during the week or come by on the weekend, the quality never falters and the service is always wonderful. It is a refreshing place to eat in Tarpon Springs among stale food chains.Special Features:
- Great Casual DiningShowwalterVIPDined on 4/19/2014Have eaten here 5 times......Good menu, entrees are very good, but the salads need work...especially avoid the Caesar....(they need to revamp their salads again..they did once before, but it's still not right!) To bad as it knocks this place down to just above average instead of Very Good...price value relationship is good...Duck is very good as is the seafood...steaks are well prepared are good. They could have a gem here, but they need some tweeking......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 star nightJohnBVIPDined on 4/18/2014Starting with home-crafted drinks with Doug at the bar, fabulous dinner (Champagne grouper phenomenal) served by Marius followed by a one of a kind desert made the evening a most memorable one. Looking forward to our next visit !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Real Great Experiencediner529Dined on 4/11/2014Everything was Great. Highly Recommend visiting this fine establishment !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceMermaidDined on 4/5/2014They strive to make their food the correct temperature and wellness. The staff are friendly and helpful. There was live music that was very pleasing too. You really need reservations since it is always packed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for travelersJimiVIPDined on 3/31/2014We stopped based on Open Table recommendation and were very pleased. Service was a little slow, but acceptable. I had the NY Sirloin which was done to a perfect medium rare, my wife had the Seared Salmon, done well, as requested.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!PASSIONATEFOODIEDined on 3/29/2014Great experience! We enjoyed the mussels, escargot, tuna special, pork tenderloin and seared salmon. All were awesome!! Can not forget the banana pudding...seriously the best I have ever had. Jesse was our waiter and he gave us great service!! Have recommended to friends already and will go back!Special Features:
- Great NiteJohnBVIPDined on 3/28/2014Started at the friendly bar for a drink with my wife; cozy table for dinner afterwards. All the personnel super friendly and knowledgeable. Food ( the special tuna appetizer, salmon and duck entrees0 was great. Bartender chose a perfect wine for us. Richard Southerland is always great on guitar...not too loud but quite enjoyable dinner music.Special Features:
- FROM N LEIGHNORMADined on 3/22/2014had excellent FRESH red snapper, slightly crusted. absolutely marvelous! we were able to byob. corkage fee is minimal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Currents: Once again.....JimCDined on 3/21/2014Having been to Currents in the past, I was impressed with the increase in staff and organization. The Crab cake appetizer was great although we did notice that there seemed to be more filling than on other occasions. I am also not sure I would serve the "Wedge" with the bacon un-crumbled as it was a bit difficult to cut the bacon into smaller pieces. The bourbon Salmon was fantastic and, of course, the specialty peach drink was superb. Service was impeccable. Great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite Restaurant Had a HiccupTomYDined on 3/18/2014We frequently dine at Currents. We love their menu, food preparation, atmosphere and staff. We were disappointed in the service when it took nearly 30 minutes to get our check. We asked the waiter several times for the check. We brought some out of town guests to Currents and they had to get up in the middle of the night for their return plane trip. The lengthy time for the check preparation was frustrating and ruined an excellent meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedDennisDined on 3/15/2014We have eaten at this restaurant several times and truly love to go. Usually the food is awesome and the wait staff exceptional. NOT this time. The food (two meals of the four) was at the best warm, a sea food pasta. The grouper was not done properly, not seared and flaky and also warm, however the steak was fine. The management staff adjusted the bill and made the experience better. The waiter was not as attentive as should have been expected. The food would have been sent back immediately, but the "how is everything" came as soon as the food was delivered and no one had had an opportunity to eat any. We had to have the hostess return the food to be heated. We will return and hopefully the next time it will be back to excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our second trip towje1Dined on 3/15/2014This was our second trip to Currents - and it was just as good as the first one. We again had Jessie as our server - excellent in every way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.