Currents at the Springfield Marriott
1500 Main Street
Springfield, MA 01115Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Currents at the Springfield Marriott
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Phone: 4137503010x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am, Saturday: 6:30am - 12:00pm, Sunday: 6:30am - 1:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: William Rounds
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Currents at the Springfield Marriott
Visit Currents Restaurant & Bar and savor the fresh ideas in creative American cuisine. Our menu features a variety of inventive and traditional flavors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Currents at the Springfield Marriott reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance2.7Noise LevelQuiet
- Outdated and buggyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Poor ambiance, slow service, flying bugs all over the table. Gross.
- The following 30 reviews are from the Currents at the Springfield Marriott reviews archive.
- Perfect Place for Easter BrunchLuvsBrunchDined on 4/20/2014We enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. It was the perfect place for Easter brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingParkerDined on 5/4/2013We went to Currents prior to the symphony. There was a price fixed menu that was offered for $25.00 that sounded good. It came with a salad that was wilted, uninteresting and sparse. The main courses were okay. Nothing special but not terrific. The restaurant did cater to one person's dietary needs. I think if the meal started with a nice salad,we all would have had a different attitude. Our server was very nice. We probably will choose another restaurant in the future.
- Great food and service. NiceTracyBDined on 3/23/2013Great food and service. Nice dinner find in the middle of Springfield. .Special Features:
- Great food, service, and hospitalitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Great food, service, and hospitality. Thank you again for the memorable moment. Gretchen and kenneth hooks
- A Most Wonderful Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/7/2013Thoroughly enjoyed another wonderful meal in Currents this evening. Kelly served me a thick, rich, and creamy New England Clam Chowder chock full of clams. Then moved on to a Surf and Turf entree featuring a 6 ounce New York Strip Steak cooked medium that was perfectly cooked with three stuffed with crabmeat shrimp. Entree was accompanied with garlic mashed potatoes and fresh green beans. Kelly made me personally a most wonderful Brownie Sundae with vanilla ice cream (two scoops), whipped cream, and chocolate sauce. Well presented and tasted great. As on the other meals here, Emily, the Restaurant Supervisor, made sure that every course was to my liking and showed a sincere and genuine interest in my repeat business. Emily is greSpecial Features:
- Just As Impressive As The First OneOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/5/2013This return visit was highlighted by a wonderful onion soup with a baked cheese topping, a country fried steak with roazted potatoes/mushrooms,and an egg sunny side up. Errol, the chef, prepared this wonderful entree. Dessert this time was a creme brulee with vanilla bean. As in the first meal, Emily Barrett checked on every course to make sure that everything was wonderful. Kathleen served the meal expertly and Walter filled the water glasses promptly. A most outstanding dining experience. Many thanks once again to Emily Barrett for all of her time, energy, and dedication to help make my first two dinners at Currents not only most memorable, but an experience that I will treasure forever! Look forward to returning on Thursday nigSpecial Features:
- An Outstanding Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/4/2013Currents at the Springfield, MA Marriott was a thoroughly outstanding dining experience. Before the meal began, a nice bowl of spicy potato chips and some assorted rye breads were served. The New England Clam Chowder was both filled with clams and thick and creamy. It was the finest that I have ever had. Emily Barrett, an outstanding Assistant Manager of F & B Operations, served me a very nice dish of short ribs, with a demi glaze and fingerling potatoes/carrots. Walter kept the water glasses filled. Dessert was equally impressive; a most rich chocolate bread pudding with carmelized bananas. Emily Barrett was truly the most outstanding performer on this meal. Emily was both very professional, yet very friendly and welcoming.Special Features:
- Very nice the chef came outOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/18/2013Very nice the chef came out to meet us and we talked about the food. Service was great and the home made potato chips were excellent. On the pricy side bur worth it.Special Features:
- Waitress was not knowledgableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2013Waitress was not knowledgable about menu items. Service was extremely slow.
- A nice surprise!Bonap504Dined on 1/11/2013Great dining experience. Scallops and short ribs were wonderful choices. Very helpful and personable server. A nice surprise for a hotel restaurant.Special Features:
- As with most Hotel Restaurant'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2012As with most Hotel Restaurant's even with the "special deal" for the Symphony it is still over priced.
- 3/5 due to not getting a spoonMwAvEDined on 10/20/20123/5 due to not getting a spoon for our soup. Asked the waittress and she said she will get it. 10 minutes later, still no spoon. So we just asked another server to get it for us which he did within 30 seconds.
- Heather did an excellant joblove2dineoutDined on 10/6/2012Heather did an excellant job along with her assistant. The scallops and steak dishes were very good.Special Features:
- Harsh lighting along the backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2012Harsh lighting along the back wall. Generally appeared a bit run down with bad lighting.
- Nice atmosphere, overcooked food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2012I was at the Marriott for an event & booked a reservation @9:30PM thru opentable.com from my seat in the ballroom. The venue wasn't busy so we requested one of their crescent booths. We ended up ordering the appetizer sampler & a couple of salads, not only because of the late dining time, but because of the high prices. We ordered 2 glasses of wine directly from our waitress, never saw a wine list, & were surprised to read on our bill that the wines were TEN & SEVEN dollars respectively for half-filled glasses. Overall, the food was decent, but overcooked (calamari, Kobe sliders), the salads swam in dressing, & while our waitress was mostly absent, Walter kept our water glasses full & table clear with a smile, thus earning more stars.Special Features:
- Food was very good. Our waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/24/2012Food was very good. Our waitress was good, but table service was a little odd. We were brought bread as soon as we were seated, but had no bread plates. After our salads, all our silverware was cleared even though we had entrees coming, and our waitress had to get us siverware. Then, halfway through our meal, we were given bread plates, even though the bread was long gone! It added a little comedy to what was an enjoyable dinner.
- Lighting to bright, our waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/2/2012Lighting to bright, our waitress could not open the wine bottle. however,she was pleasant and did provide good service to the best of her ability.I checked the menu online and found that what I did want to order was not an option on the menu that evening.Our calamari tasted frozen and our rib eye steaks were both overcooked.
- The service was outstanding.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/24/2012The service was outstanding. The food was very good. Did not like the automatic addition of the gratuity to our bill, there were only two of us in our party.Special Features:
- Scallops were way too salty.MsDineoutalotDined on 11/15/2011Scallops were way too salty. Overall menu was uninspired but decent. OK for convenience for hotel guests but there are better options in Springfield.
- Dinner prior to SSOOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/5/2011Dined at Currents with party of 4 prior to attending the Springfield Symphony. Food and service were great, leaving plenty of time for the short walk to Symphony Hall.Special Features:
- Menu was very limited (onlyOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/12/2011Menu was very limited (only 3 choice for entrees, 1 for dessert), NO vegetables - just a small salad doused in dressing (no choice there either). Very disappointing.
- the food and the service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/12/2011the food and the service was very good. It was symphony night and they have a special menu, you can still order off the regular menu.Special Features:
- It was a very comfortableDaveVIPDined on 1/14/2011It was a very comfortable restaurant, but not many people there. The waitress was very good.
- 2 friends and I had dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/10/20102 friends and I had dinner before the symphony. Excellent we all enjoyed it.Special Features:
- Excellent food, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/21/2010Excellent food, excellent service, great friendly staff, nice ambiance.
- Having the cooks come aroundOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/14/2010Having the cooks come around is a great idea......having them serve water and drinks is not. Food was excellent but sparse. Smallest Filet Mignon I have ever had. Great taste but could have been a little bit larger portion. Scallops were also very good but could have been one or two more. Overall, needs a little bit more lighting and mood enhancement. Wouldn't call it very romantic as all of the booths face the open seating. You need little quiet areas for intimate dining. Overall, a very good experience.Special Features:
- We always enjoy going to CurrentsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/1/2010We always enjoy going to Currents before the symphony. Their chef is creative in his menu and the service is always efficient and very friendly. It is so well prepared that it arrives hot and timely so we are never late and also never rushed. After the concert we love stopping back at Currents for another glass of wine to relax and re-live the evening. The bartendar - when not swamped with a party - will even come over to get a review of the music.
- Convenient location for attendingeatoutDined on 4/10/2010Convenient location for attending the symphony and decent food. Certainly not a dining destination.
- We went for their specialOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/14/2009We went for their special Valentines Day menu. Food and service were outstanding. Four course meal with champagne was a good value. We left full and pleased.Special Features:
- I made a reservation at CurrentsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/4/2008I made a reservation at Currents because a friend was staying at the Marriott for a few days. The atompsphere was not very romantic or cozy, decor was ok not terribly inviting. I asked for a quiet table, the only one available was removed, but next to the kitchen door so not very private or good for atmosphere. The food was very average. We both ordered fish which tasted ok but smelled a bit strong when it arrived to the table. Our waitress was very kind, as we did sit for some time to visit. She was also very attentive.