Curious Thyme's By The Water
100 Ramsey Lake Rd.
Sudbury, ON P3E 5S9Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Curious Thyme's By The Water
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.curiousthymes.ca/
- Phone: 7055223500x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Wild Game, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Alessandro Appolloni
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, High Tea, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Each and every employee at Curious Thyme's By The Water is dedicated to excellence in the products served and the services provided. Curious Thyme's By The Water is committed to making each event unique and the best, our clients and their guests have ever attended. To best understand your catering or event requirements please contact Cynthia who will look after your every need.
Email us at - email@example.com
Or call 705 522 3500.
- Cross Street: Ramsey Lake Road
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Large private parking lot for Science North visitors, free for restaurant guest when charging in place summer time only. Fee is refunded upon purchase in the restaurant from the restaurant team. Must have receipt or ticket for refund.
A word from Curious Thyme's By The Water
Owners Vince and Jennifer Potter have created a truly unique restaurant. Curious Thyme's By The Water offers carefully selected items that appeal to all taste-bud's using the freshest ingredients with a twist of creativity to produce the finest results. Creating simple and intriguing salads hand crafted pastas and pizza's to local game meats such as Buffalo, Elk, Venison and Red Deer to exotic Kangaroo and Alligator. The restaurant is also fully licensed and offers a wild selection of beers, cocktails and vintage wines. The restaurant also offers Thyme for Tea, with over 68 different loose leaf teas of the highest quality to choose from imported from all over the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Curious Thyme's By The Water reviews from OpenTable diners
- The staff make this place!KP13Dined on 1/18/2014Staff here are amazing! My only complaint is that the lighting was a little dark...a light bulb was burnt out above our table. But extra candles were brought to us to try and make it better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soup needs to be warmer, eitherBusinesslunchDined on 1/16/2014Soup needs to be warmer, either the bowls are too large and coools the soup too fast or the bowls need to be heated to retain the heat of the soup.Special Features:
- Class ActFoodwolfDined on 12/28/2013My dining experience was generally very positive. The food was extremely tasty though it could have been portioned better. The employees were very professional and knowledgable. The atmosphere was perfect for a quiet meeting. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants something above the ordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!!CdbeanDined on 12/12/2013Went to Curious Thymes for my boyfriends birthday and it was an absolutely wonderful evening! The food was amazing!! So fresh and you can try something different. The restaurant has a really nice relaxing atmosphere. The staff is super friendly and have good knowledge of the menu which I find lacking in other restaurants. If you're looking for somewhere to go for a special occasion or just a nice night out to try some delicious food, Curious Thymes is worth the visit! We'll be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not too expensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/8/2013Great food, not too expensive. Perfect place for a special evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pastawalleyesDined on 11/29/2013Speaking for myself and not for my party of 4, I found my meal very good and filling. The waitress' suggestion on beer was good as well even though I was disappointed I could not get my favourite Canadian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very happy with the spaceLouiseDined on 11/26/2013Very happy with the space, lots of privacy, but, at the same time, a sense of open space that continues outside with the view on the lake, and the shore of the lake, beautifully landscaped. Food is presented with care, and the tables are beautifully set. The decor is not over-designed, simplicity is preserved. Charming ambiance, quiet atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious First "Thyme"4theloveofteaDined on 11/5/2013My boyfriend & I went Nov. 5th just after the new menu launch. Our waitress was very friendly, and helpful when I was stuck deciding between two dishes. (Her suggestion was the wellington duck.) However, I did not get the seasonal vegetables the menu said came with my meal. (To me, a little mixed greens under the meal doesn't count, though still tasty.) Overall though, the food, atmosphere and staff were great and we enjoyed ourselves. The chef even made rounds to ask how everyone's meals were, which I thought was a nice touch. I only wish it wouldn't have been dark out already so we could have enjoyed the view, but I'd definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerMichaelDined on 10/16/2013From the very get go the service was terrific and the night was really incredible! Food was delicious, appetizer hit the spot and main course was a whole new level as I had the Elk Steak served on a Himalayan Salt platter. Overall very impressed with the service and very high compliments to the chef. A night to remember for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!HawkJetDined on 10/14/2013The menu never disappoints - delicious every time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodsummerDined on 10/12/2013My meal was excellent-lasagna and apple salad, my husband had the roasted red pepper soup and shrimp and was not as pleased. Wish there were more pasta or chicken dishes, not a lot of choices with shrimp. Nice evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful place! TheRhondaDined on 10/1/2013What a wonderful place! The service was absolutely perfect. Even the chef came to our table to ask if we enjoyed the food. It was wonderful. The food was excellent. The scenery and the ambience was very romantic which was exactly what we were looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful place, beautiful foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/28/2013Curious Thyme's By The Water is definitely an experience meant for savouring! The view of Ramsey Lake was breath-taking, and the food was so delicious. I had the blackened catfish, while my boyfriend was feeling adventurous and went for the kangaroo steak; both were excellent. My only regret is not sticking around for dessert and trying one of their many herbal teas. Oh well, next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Although we waited a littlefoodieDined on 9/27/2013Although we waited a little long for our food, i still consider the service very impressive. Staff was vibrant and classy and our waiter was absolutely great to us. The food sounded wonderful on the menu but when we got it it was very bland (thank god for salt shakers). All in all it was a good experience and i would return but order something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SummerliciousSudbury26Dined on 9/22/2013A group of 10 of us went in for the Summerlicious menu. We enjoyed it very much. Great food. Great value. Great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another romantic anniversarySNLoveDined on 9/17/2013We have chosen to celebrate our anniversary with Curious Thymes every year as they catered our wedding in the Vale Cavern. We really appreciate that Jen was able to provide the sparkling wine we requested as it has sentimental value to both of us. Our server was Erica and she was very attentive and her bubbly personality added a little extra magic to our night. Thank you Erica for making usfeel like royalty!!! My husband would like me to add that last year we had the chicken marsala (as this is what was served at our wedding) and it was very disappointing. This time it was heavenly!!!! Our compliments to the chef :)Special Features:
- Extremely Poor Servicefoodie6Dined on 8/31/2013Great food, nice atmosphere, but extremely poor service. This restaurant cannot even manage the bare basics of good service, such as serving coffee and tea with dessert rather than 15 minutes after dessert has been served. We did not even receive an apology from our server when we politely explained the situation and said that we would no longer like our coffee/tea and did not want it to be added to the bill. We will definitely think twice before eating there again.Special Features:
- Fantastic ResturauntAlexCDined on 8/24/2013No issues with Curious Tymes! We loved it. From the service, to the food, to the setting....nothing we found in the city gives you the same feeling. We even compared it to The Rainbow Room by Massimo Cappra in Niagara Falls....and the 2 are one in the same. If you're looking for fine dining within Sudbury, don't once pass this restaurant up!!Special Features:
- You Tell MeRVJOLYDined on 8/24/2013It all started with an announcement from our waiter that there will be at least an hour wait for our food if not more. (Great start) We agreed to wait if the patrons provide refreshment to fill the wait time. This was countered with re-assurance that wait time would be normal.(Ha HA!!!) The ladies ordered Ameretto.(Rare I suppose). After yet a delay, the waiter says it was brought downstairs. Ten minutes later, he returns to announce that it was all gone. They poured the 1/2 bottle in the Bride's punch. (No back up stock?)So then, the ladies ordered Chardoney wine. Two choices were given which again after a delay, we are informed they are out of the one chosen by my wife. So she drank water to celebrare our 30th anniversary. Thanks.
- Great Thyme by the water.Johnny442Dined on 8/23/2013Had visitors from Southern Ontario come to visit, what a better way to show them a little of what Northern Ontario has to offer. Fine dining overlooking Lake Ramsey, doesn't get better than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Curious Thyme is a Good Time!BizitteDined on 8/17/2013Food is outstanding! Very unique items such as elk, and venison on the menu. Head chef always willing to accommodate special considerations for dietary or allergens. Service is discrete and personable. We've been there for two of our latest special family occasions (65th birthday and 45th wedding anniversary) and have found the service impeccable! Will certainly be returning to benefit from their loyalty program and great food and atmosphere. Our thanks to the chef for offering a variety of foods suitable to our dietary constraints. Haven't eaten anything that we haven't LOVED. Worth checking out! We were there for the sunset over Lake Ramsey and what a view from our seats!!! We will be there for high tea soon as well. :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- While the food was a bit slowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2013While the food was a bit slow arriving, the waiter was excellent-friendly, helpful, experienced. The servings were large, and while not always as advertised (black bean soup did not appear to have any black beans in it) attractively presented and flavourful. My cheesecake dessert however was tired!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic view, tough to findOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2013This resto is on the campus of Science North, across from the hospital. This is not well publicized on the web page, nor well marked on the street signage at the entrance to the science centre. The menu seems to change often. The ingredients tasted fresh, though not strictly local (pineapple garnish on a number of things, not just dessert either). I had a bison burger which was not too lean/dry. Lobster and crab bisque was nice, though my wife's pumpkin soup had more flavour. The view of the surrounding lake and park lands is outstanding. Would go again if I were in SudburySpecial Features:
- Loved my foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2013The appetizer was different not for us but all the rest if the food was very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - bad serviceVendelaDined on 8/3/2013There were 6 people in our party. Overall the food was great, everyone raved about their appetizers and their mains - hats off to the chef. The front end needs a lot of work, the bar tender didn't know much and tried to pretend he did and our server forgotten about us. We went through our pre-dinner drinks and a bottle of wine per couple and our meal still hadn't arrived. We each ordered a single glass more of wine so we'd have it for our meal and it took 20 minutes for it to get to the table. We sat under the skylight in the back and because our meal came at 10:10 it was dark with no overhead lights just 3 small mini lights on the table. Needless to say we wolfed down our dinners in minutes and left - probably never to return again. Sorry.
- Great, as always!LocalCuriousGalDined on 7/18/2013We have frequented this restaurant on various occasions through the years, both at their past and present location. The servers truly love being there and this reflects in their work and level of service they provide. The drinks vary and there's a little gem for anyone and everyone. (a friend also highlighted the fact that this is the cheapest place in town for a beer on tap - I think it was Steam Whistle, but I could be wrong as I don't drink beer.) Despite the various positive aspects of this restaurant, I was indeed disappointed when my entrée wasn't available - on a Thursday night!! I selected another item which was also unavailable. I decided on the daily special and ended up really enjoying it!Special Features:
- Good food/limited menuFoodTastesGoodDined on 7/18/2013The food at curious thymes was good- but they haven't changed their menu selection in over a year. They also list elk for two separate entrees but they are always out of elk- take it off the menu! The good presentation is nice, but for the price- usually about $20 for a dinner entree, you get very little food. It would be nice to get a complimentary loaf of bread or larger portion tor side dish. I don't know where thy get their chicken, but they charge $7.50 to add a chicken breast to a $16 dollar salad. $23 for a salad?! The food has a gourmet vibe I suppose but I can get equally good food and much larger portions for more reasonable prices- hello Bella Vita Cucina. The service was good and the view of Ramsey lake is quite nice.Special Features:
- Great View - Mediocre foodRenaMDined on 7/14/2013Pros: - great view (perhaps one of the best views from a restaurant in Sudbury) -good service - friendly greeting, attentive serving staff -quiet and intimate, with quick service (although we had gone on a Sunday evening and the restaurant was fairly empty Cons: - Very mediocre food for high prices - the tomato sauce in our mussels taste like it was from a can, as was the seafood sauce for our shrimp lollipops (as well - 4 small shrimp for $14!). My veal marsala needed more seasoning, and the rice pilaf had noticeable clumps in it. My husband's rack of lamb showcased some of the smallest chops I've ever seen.Special Features:
- been here twice with freindsallfullupDined on 7/13/2013been here twice with freinds enjoyed by all very comfortable atmosphereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely DisapointingWhatawasteDined on 7/5/2013It took 1 hour to get the food to our table. And it wasn't even that good .... especially for the price !! We tried to call a waitress to tell them to bring the kids food earlier. No such luck. The waiter serving the table next to ours said he would come see us ... We are still waiting !! They gave us the wrong wine, we had to ask for markers for the kids twice. All that with most of the tables in the restaurant empty at the time. The menu had nice interesting choices. it's a pity they did not live up to it. On the plus side, the view from the windows was amazing. Unfortunately that's the only good thing I can think of from our dining experience.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant and the spot!michouDined on 6/27/2013We have personal and business luncheons held at this lovely setting regularly - two to three times a month. Thought that perhaps they would remember us. Usually, there is not enough good to tell. Last week, was not the case. Had guests from Chile for lunch - requested a window setting - did not receive and asked when being seated and they said it was reserved. No one came in - our lunch was at 1:30 in the afternoon.Window table vacate for the entire time? The waiteress did not frequent the table, was a little green to my surprise and I was a bit disappointed CONTINUED COMMENTS IN BELOW BOX......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but a bit of a wait.LoveGoodFoodDined on 6/26/2013Overall the meal was lovely. Food definitely good quality with lots of choice. We were a bigger group-9 and it was okay. Seemed to forget that we had kids with us and had to ask for the kids menu and crayons. Left alone mostly. Server could have been more attentive. Food was worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREATdaviesDined on 6/16/2013we just went there with our family...my husband and our two little ones (9 mths and 2 years), they were very acommodating to us all. the food was outstanding!!!! would go back again in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food leaves a little to be desiredFoodieDined on 6/7/2013The ambiance and view were wonderful: elegant but still relaxed. The service was friendly and mostly helpful. The table was split on the food itself. The soup of the day was enjoyed by all and while two guests enjoyed their entrees, my scallops were badly overcooked and the pineapple salsa was not at all as described on the menu. I expected to taste at least a little mint and coriander and I didn't taste it at all. The offering of a 4 oz glass of wine is wonderful if you want different wines with appetizer and entree. When I mentioned that my scallops were overcooked, the server kindly told me I could give feedback on the comment card: not incredibly helpful when I wasn't enjoying the entree.Special Features:
- Not a happy customerJesdoitDined on 6/7/2013We were not very happy with our dinner on June 7, 2013. My girlfriend ordered a drink from the drink menu only to be told that this menu is outdated and that her drink was no longer available; she then ordered the kangaroo and duck consommé only to be told that the menu was going to change and that this was no longer available. So we only ordered our mains (and alternate drinks) and this took a very long time to arrive. My ravioli was very dry as I assume that it sat under the heat lights while they sorted out the my girlfriend's tortellini. Through all this, the server was good, and we enjoyed our table by the window, overlooking the water. As a result of our negative experience, we will never recommend your restaurant to others.Special Features:
- Dissatisfied customersdissatisfiedDined on 5/28/2013Booked for 5 people and I have to say I was never sorrier. To start off the Caesars were too watered down. An appetizer never arrived even after mentioning it. The soup was cold on one side and warm on the other. Only one person out of 5 was able to eat their meal because the others were not fit to eat. The blackened fish was overcooked, the potatoes were under cooked as well as the carrots. The rice was under cooked and tasted funny. The chicken breast has a wing bone and uncooked skin, the asparagus looked days old and to top it all off the green pepper has a sticker with a bar code. The waitress took my plate to the kitchen and within seconds she was back with another pepper so that means the vegetables are precooked.Special Features:
- We enjoyed everything aboutjamieDined on 5/16/2013We enjoyed everything about our night at Curious Tymes. Keep up the good work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 25th Anniversary celebration!travelwhiz5Dined on 5/7/2013We had a window table with a fabulous view of Lake Ramsey. Our server was friendly and helpful. All of the dishes we had were very good. The root vegetable salad and the fresh fruit salad were tasty. Although this time we had lunch, we have gone for dinner in the past and thoroughly enjoyed it. The menu has a good variety and we love the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love the view and the locationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/15/2013I love the view and the location and the place has so much to offer. Sadly the food was very poor. We are going out to different restaurants every week and I would have loved the food to be good as I would love to say lets go back there, but we had a pizza and the topping was taste less and the rest was very "doughy" I had a salad and that was also not very good... The blueberry cheesecake was outstanding and the service was fantastic, but the food was really a HUGE let down.. The restaurant has everything a restaurant needs to make a huge success, sadly it is missing the most important element....great food :-(Special Features:
- disapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013the bisque was lumpy because the roux was not properly mixed and they had no elk and kangeroo available,the server told us that they had had complaintes with the bisque earliar but still left it on the menuSpecial Features: