306 Pearl Parkway
San Antonio, TX 78215Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://curedatpearl.com/
- Phone: 2103143929x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Saturday Brunch: 10:00am - 3:00pm
Saturday Dinner: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Southern
- Executive Chef: Steve McHugh
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: On-site catering available in private room for 30 people seated.
- Private Party Contact: Dee Coram 9702095519x
A word from Cured
Cured – chef Steve McHugh’s first and highly anticipated gatropub opened December 2013 in the century-old building that once belonged to the president’s headquarters of the famed Pearl Brewing Company. This seasoned chef spent ten years in New Orleans as chef de cuisine for chef John Besh followed by two years at Lüke in San Antonio. Yet, his most sterling achievement has been beating cancer. After such a life-changing triumph, McHugh set out to open Cured, giving it a name that speaks to his feat as well as the artisanal cured meats hanging in view. It was with this purity of ingredients and hands-on methodology that enhanced his own healing process. This from-scratch, seasonal focus finds its to menu items like Sweet Potato Agnolotti with Bourbon Brown Sugar & Sage and Slow Cooked Heritage Hog with Smoked Andouille & Okra. McHugh has found a way to implement “gastronomic giving” by donating $1 from every charcuterie board order to a different charity each quarter.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Cured - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Cured reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (170)special occasion (101)hot spot (88)neighborhood gem (88)romantic (59)notable wine list (58)good for groups (54)great for lunch (44)vibrant bar scene (42)late-night find (33)great for brunch (26)great for outdoor dining (21)scenic view (15)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Different but refreshingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014I've been wanting to try Cured for a while. Finally made it happen. The house cocktail was a new flavor to me, it could grow on you after awhile. The salad was fresh and tasty. The main courses were good. A bit more gourmet than I'm used to, but good flavors and presentationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExeptionalPartyJesusDined on 9/17/2014Cured is Amazing! Gabby was Great! Everything is Great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014I made reservations for an anniversary dinner with my boyfriend. The restaurant is beautiful, and the glass case containing all the meats is a brilliant visual centerpiece. Everything we ordered was delicious, from the charcuterie to the poutine, from the cocktails to the dessert. The waitstaff even recommended a lovely bar for us to visit after we left. We're very happy with our visit to Cured, and we look forward to dining there again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014The ambiance was wonderful. Not too noisy. There was a variety , wonderful preparation & presentation of meats you eat regularly but not cooked so exquisetly.Special Features:
- Cured needs a cure1saltydogDined on 9/15/2014The food is really lacking. Our meal was very salty. The best part was our green salads. I had the Gumbo. It didn't taste like Gumbo at all. It tasted like it had been overly reduced and had a salty Dinty Moore Stew taste to it . My friend had a fish plate and she only ate a third of it. We both remarked how unpalatable all the items we tried were. We sat in the back of the restaurant which felt like overflow seating or large group seating even though we had a reservation with OT. There is a back door there and it was regularly being used, more often than not it closed with a loud thud that made us both jump on 3 or four occasions. The Pearl area is a gem. This restaraunt was a dud cause of the food. Service was good. But not great.Special Features:
- locavore's delightDoctorEpicureDined on 9/13/2014The emphasis here is on locally grown food. Menu emphasizes Southern, but presented in a very classy style. Nice range of options on the wine list. We sat at the counter, which was great--get to watch the people in the kitchen doing their thing. I like the patio for drinks and appetizers.Special Features:
- great dinnerSMMSDined on 9/13/2014Our group of five had an excellent evening at Cured. Starting with the carefully and beautifully composed charcuterie plate through the entrees and dessert, we thoroughly enjoyed our selections and had no complaints whatsoever. The kitchen was perfectly fine with altering an entree to eliminate an unwanted ingredient and the wait staff were attentive, helpful and engaging. We anticipated having a nice dinner based on the experiences of friends, but Cured exceeded our expectations all around. Looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beer list is great, food averageIPAstyleDined on 9/11/2014Had been wanting to go to this restaurant for a few months and left with mixed reviews. Drink, wine and beer list were great. They have a great selection of beers if you are a beer conniseur. The cured meat appetizers were average and entree selections the same. I had bone marrow which I have had before and is usally good. This attempt at bone marrow entree was nearly all fat. My wife had shrimp dish which only came with two shrimp and some hominy. We thought we would give them another chance and order dessert. Warm chocolate cake was average. Bummed. Perhaps a better place for drinks and appetizers.Special Features:
- excellent food and servicenewlyfoodiesDined on 9/6/2014The food was amazing at Cured! Not knowing exactly what to expect, our waitress was exceedingly knowledgeable and thoroughly explanatory of the full menu options. The charcuterie board was fantastic...nothing we have ever experienced. We will be returning for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mark's service was exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Our server was Mark. I was at Cured with 2 friends as part of our girls weekend. Mark was outstanding: attentive, able to provide great recommendations and fully explain the menu. When I return I hope to find him serving there still.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulAmbreDined on 9/6/2014This was one of the best culinary experiences my husband and I have had since moving to San Antonio a year ago. We enjoyed a 9-piece charcuterie while sipping cocktails, to start. It was fantastic! Our drinks were pretty tasty too. I had a 1975 and a Cured. We followed the charcuterie with the fried oysters and duck sausage with poached duck egg. Both were the suggestion of our waiter, Mark, and both were out of this world! We finished the evening with dessert. I had the cornbread pudding and hubby had the chocolate torte. These dishes were the least spectacular of the evening, but we're still scrumptious. An absolutely wonderful evening, all in all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Innovative menu!MsGhostDined on 9/5/2014Something entirely different for the SA dining scene. The food was very well executed and service was excellent in spite of the restaurant being very busy. We arrived promptly at the appointed time and were seated immediately at a nice corner table. We look forward to going back! Fantastic selection of craft beer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing place to dine!Davy0308Dined on 9/5/2014I have been to Cured once and I was very impressed with the overall experience. The food was amazing and the restaurant itself is beautiful. Wacey, the restaurant manager, was exceptionally great and made sure everyone was well taken care of and things were running smoothly. I will definitely be going there regularly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!LeahSDined on 9/5/2014We were recommended this eating establishment by my son. He also told us to let our server "guide" us. We did and we were so glad we allowed Elizabeth to help us! Everything we got was so good!!! One of the best dining experiences we have ever had. Don't be afraid of trying items outside of your "comfort" range. Amazing place! Amazing food! Amazing drinks! Amazing personnel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cured a must try in San AntonioGrandmaDined on 9/5/2014We went for a late lunch and were charmed by the atmosphere, service, and food even at an off hour. The pork cheeks poutine was excellent. The beef brisket was moist, tender and delicious. Accompaniments were a perfect addition. Great beer selection and enough wine choices to be interesting. Try this restaurant for a pleasant meal that appeals to all your senses.Special Features:
- Awesome place to eatHoneybadgerDined on 9/4/2014The service was great from beginning to end. The menu wasn't "run of the mill" that you see at every other restaurant. It was fantastic and I will be coming back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely a good tryJJlovetoeatVIPDined on 9/3/2014My wife and I just spent a short vacation to southern Texas area and we picked this restaurant in San Antonio area. The food here is outstanding, server is very polite and friendly. Though there is a dish we don't feel that much into, the rest of items are great. Must try their charcuterie items. Keep away from the restaurants along the Riverwalk and come here.Special Features:
- Cool, very interesting, good foodMJLFROGVIPDined on 8/30/2014This was a fun place to go - the food and drink were outstanding, and a terrific job has been done with the building. It emanates a comfortable atmosphere and is very attractive. We are from Houston and spent the Labor Day weekend in SA - ate at 4 different restaurants (3 of them on Open Table), and Cured was by far the best and our favorite. Don't you wish you knew who the others were?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yummy, but not for cheapjennyDined on 8/30/2014Our server was super friendly and great and the food was really good. The portions were a little on the small side for what you are paying and I could have wished for better menu descriptions. We thought we were ordering a shrimp dish, but we got a pasta dish with two shrimp on top. the menu said nothing about pasta, and since we were there for the meats, we were a little disappointed there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!earlstanDined on 8/30/2014The restaurant itself is unique because of the concept as well as the building. The food was excellent. we ordered the flat iron which was grilled to specification and served hot and the Snapper with a unique olive crust which was also excellent and shared a mixed green salad presented crisp and cool. WSe shared before our entrees a charcuterie plate of Duck ham, a pork jalapeño rillouette and lamb loaf. as well as restaurant made mustards and pickles. Al were wonderful. We are looking forward to going back with friends.Special Features:
- Great Evening, want to Try Lunch!quirkyforqualityDined on 8/29/2014Each in our group has differing tastes- and all were very happy with entree choices. It was the first time at Cured for us locals. Our server was excellent, the timing for our drinks, appetizers and entrees was superb. She did not interrupt, instinctively knew just when we needed her. She helped us choose wine, and offered tastes of her suggestions. A true professional! All staff were worked together, keeping an unobtrusive eye on the tables. The FOOD- works of art. The charcuterie we split down to the the VERY last bite. My squash blossom entree was delicious and visually appealing. That statement applies to ALL the selections. The portions were just right. Truly healthy & hedonistic eating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An amazing lunch!TweynandDined on 8/29/2014We began with 6 delicious charcuterie items, then moved to salads, shared plates and finally tried three sumptuous desserts! We were guided by our very patient and knowledgeable wait staff. Every meal at Cured is special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Everytime!SAMommyVIPDined on 8/28/2014One of the best of the best in San Antonio. The charcuterie can't be beat and love the "Sharing" of all the menu items. Try it all- be adventurous! We have and we've been to some of the best restaurants from SF to NYC and Cured would be up there for us!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- innovativeinnovativeDined on 8/23/2014very nice. we enjoyed the choice of 6 charcuterie, the melon salad was outstanding! The beet salad was over salted and the hangar steak was mediocre. we had a very nice time, 2 bottles of wine and we all decided we would return on another occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply fantastic!Lissarie0503VIPDined on 8/23/2014Great atmosphere. Out server Elizabeth was wonderful. Host was very knowledgeable about the building's history. Food was stellar! Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan in the Cured worldmichwhichDined on 8/21/2014Chose to eat at Cured as a special treat for family and friends. One of the best dining experience we have had - ever. And, heres the amazing part, as the lone vegan in our party, I enjoyed the most delightful and inspired meat free meal I have ever had in San Antonio. The carnivores were more than satisfied and amazed with every bite. Wonderfully human wait staff - Mark G rules!Special Features:
- Fabulous DateSeguinFoodieDined on 8/20/2014My husband and I are vendors at the Pearl Farmers Market every Saturday but we rarely have time or energy after market to enjoy the wonderful restaurants at the Pearl. But with our 13th anniversary, we wanted to treat ourselves to an evening of relaxation, fun, romance and yummy eats, of course. We were greeted warmly and interacted with several different staff members. Each was knowledgeable about the building, the food preparation, pairings and so on. Our waiter Macey was excellent and explained the menu to us clearly, answering questions and making recommendations without being obtrusive. The food and drinks were excellent! Our taste buds were very happy and so were we. It was a very special evening. Thank you, Cured. We love y'all!Special Features:
- Great timeJensunamiDined on 8/20/2014I have been wanting to go to Cured for a while. We finally went for dinner and it was a great time. The only downside to the night was the table next to us took a LOT of our servers time. So much time that our chaurcuterie came out five minutes before our main courses. I would have enjoyed spending time eating it as an appetizer as I know it sat on the pass for a while. But our food was great and I enjoyed my cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cured first nightJHF1Dined on 8/19/2014GREAT !!!! We had the app. plate with 9 meats & salads. will be back soon.Special Features:
- FantasticPartyJesusDined on 8/19/2014Had the Pre Fixe 3 course dinner. Everything was Amazing. Service was Excellant! Love Love Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Burgers!RealMCVIPDined on 8/19/2014I've had hamburgers with a mix of ground chuck and ground up bacon before, but the burgers at Cured are fantastic! And the onion jam they add to it makes them even tastier. I've found my new burger place in San Antonio, I'll be back soon and often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cured cures culinary boredomhoratioDined on 8/19/2014The food is wonderful and cleverly presented. Service has always been friendly and good. It is definitely not a budget dining experience but at the same time a value. The Poutine is outstanding and 3 of us could not finish it. I would recommend reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!ErnSADined on 8/19/2014We used Rwstaurant Week to our advantage! The Melon soup, po-boy sandwich, and cornbread pudding-with blueberry sauce and ice cream-was perfect for lunch! Food was phenomenal-I was full but not over full! Service was great! A mosquito was dive bombing us-only negative! Yes, is like to hit it up for dinner now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekDawnRVIPDined on 8/18/2014Ate at Cured on Monday August 18. The Restaurant Week entre was ravioli stuffed with braised short rib meat, heirloom tomato and mushroom sauce. FABULOUS!! The dessert was beautiful and delicious. They knocked this one out of the park. Ate with a friend from out of town. He was wowed, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellentllove1313Dined on 8/18/2014Love the menu and the creativity. The repurposing and architecture is great too. Excellent mixologist as wellSpecial Features:
- Great Experiencesmdb01usDined on 8/16/2014The cured meats were pretty good! The wines were decently priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and scenenxr1Dined on 8/16/2014We had an early reservation on a Saturday. Seated promptly. Generally good service. Big error: served appetizers with entree even after I specifically asked to serve appetizer 1st. Waiter apologized. Manager came over & apologized & offered to comp appetizer or fix new entrees. So right results. Food tasty. Some portions small. Would return.Special Features:
- Movers and shakers....rockindinerDined on 8/16/2014Great location, with lots of "movers and shakers" from the local neighborhoods. Food was excellent. Very tasty and not "filling" to the point you're miserable. Great place for people that enjoy tasty selections and modest portions. Not for the tight wallet! At first, I wasn't keen on the noise level, but you get used to the fact that you have to speak loudly to everyone at the table. Our waiter, Mark, was exceptional. Obviously, not his first rodeo! We'll definitely be back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Cured offered amazing food and service and offered an expansive list of wines and beers. Elizabeth was helpful in choosing the perfect wine for our dinner and the Pork Cheeks "Poutine" was one of the best meals I have had. We will be back soon. With the ever changing menu, I am excited to see what will be offered next. Thank you!!!Special Features:
- Different in a great wayLuvfoodDined on 8/16/2014My husband and I were very pleased with our whole experience at Cured. The service was great and the food was even better. The menu had such original items that it made it difficult for us to select only a few items to eat. We didn't have one menu item that we didn't enjoy. We can't wait to go back and next time we want to try brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.