Cure Bar & Bistro
10th & H Street
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Cure Bar & Bistro
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.curebarandbistro.com/
- Phone: 2026374906
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Kelly
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Our music selection is an array of world music which is perfect for a calm evening.
- Special Events: Cocktail receptions for groups up to 50 people are our speciality. We offer an array of packages to fit all budgets.
A word from Cure Bar & Bistro
Cure's goal is to move your taste from one state to another by pairing your taste profile with our great selection of specialty beers, wines, cheeses, meats, and main courses.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Cure Bar & Bistro - Best Restaurants in Penn Quarter ›
Cure Bar & Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (21)fit for foodies (11)good for groups (11)special occasion (8)neighborhood gem (8)great for brunch (7)late-night find (5)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Wed Night out with friendsPatJDined on 8/19/2014Ambience was good. With nobody else there when we arrived , we got a table near the fountain. Good meal. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cureOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/28/2014Very good spot for lunch. The 3- 4- or 5- course tasting options provide enough options to satisfy all tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for business lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Nice spot to meet for business lunch - fun selection of food, where you select 2 or three items and create your own customized lunch.Special Features:
- SuitablefoodmakesmehappyDined on 7/23/2014Food was good but not great. Service was also good, except when the hostess seated the person I was waiting for in a different section after I was told her I was waiting on another female to join me. My waiter was the one who noticed and brought it to my attention, after waiting 10 minutes at the table. I like the 3 mini plate options deal they have at lunch.Special Features:
- Great for lunchmare73Dined on 7/18/2014I like to meet friends here for lunch. They have a great small plates menu with a nice variety of salads, sandwiches, mains, desserts and even half-glasses of wine. Pick 3, 4 or 5 items for between $15 - $20.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is my spot...YummyVIPDined on 7/9/2014Cure is my go to spot, where I can bring a friend or a business associate and know we will both eat well and be treated royally. I was so glad to return following a hiatus, and to see my favorite server - Juan! He always takes perfect care of me. The food was DELICIOUS, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Continued WinnerTomasVIPDined on 7/9/2014Been here countless times......consistently excellent quality. A great place to have lunch in Washington, DC. Very unique. They make a great effort to be creative. It's fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/9/2014I loved it as soon as I arrived. The reservationist was very friendly. We were seated immediately. The waiter approached us immediately and our food arrived timely. Very nice environment. I give it 5-Stars.Special Features:
- 5 for $20TimDVIPDined on 6/30/2014We shared the 5 for $20 lunch selections and enjoyed sandwiches, chips, mac'n'cheese, and a maple donut! We enjoyed the bubble tea also! Great stop for a quick, inexpensive lunch to share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchThoughtfulDined on 6/23/2014This is an excellent choice if you are meeting friends and are looking for good food and a place to talk and catch up.Special Features:
- Great place to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/19/2014I took a project team to celebrate the fiscal year end of a great project. We all enjoyed individual items that appealed to each. Service was excellent and the team enjoyed themselves tremedously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Lunch in DC--A Gem!TomasVIPDined on 6/19/2014This about my 10th visit here....and they're all very enjoyable. I just keep coming back and bringing new friends. And they enjoy it too!!! Cure is a very unique place.....a great luncheon concept. The food is extremely good, along with the service. You cannot help but enjoy your experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FriendsJocsonDined on 6/10/2014Always great time with friends, tasty food for great price and good portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/3/2014Went here to celebrate my girlfriend bday with some friends. The staff were great and even held our table for about 20 minutes. Food was a little overpriced for what you receive, but overall we all had a great time and really, that all that matters!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 513 reviews are from the Cure Bar & Bistro reviews archive.
- Lacking ambiencelaurenDined on 4/27/2014An overall very good meal - food was good and we were looking for smaller dishes to share for a light meal, but it was lacking overall.Special Features:
- Mediocre in the MallDCEater1967Dined on 4/27/2014I tried this restaurant out having read some positive reviews online. It was an expensive disappointment. We sat down for a drink first, and found our table already worn and stained. When we moved to our table we had another unpleasant surprise -- we were basically sitting inside a mall, next to the escalator. There was a cheesy water feature with a floating piano, too. Our appetizers were good, but entrée (a shrimp and oyster dish) was mediocre. Dessert, an apple cobbler, was quite bad. Too sweet, dry and undercooked all at once. The restaurant does not even have it's own bathroom. I had to leave, go down an escalator and use the one in the hotel lobby.
- ALWAYS A WINNER!!!TomasVIPDined on 4/23/2014Just a great place for lunch.....a Washington gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was good.MethreeVIPDined on 4/18/2014My friend and I just had lunch there. The food was good and the service was okay. I did have to remind the waitress that we ordered drinks. But the food came quickly. It is really strange to be eating out the middle of the atrium with all those hotel rooms and travels walking by during the meal. We were there because we are trying to find a place for a business lunch. This definitely not it. The other levels had couches to sit on but given that the people sitting on the couches were scrambling for additional throw pillows to put behind them so that they could sit up enough to eat, I am glad I was not sitting there. It was quite while we were there and I could see how this place go get to be very loud very easily.
- Always a Winner!!!TomasVIPDined on 4/16/2014THE BEST KEPT SECRET IN D.C. FOR LUNCH. I KEEP COMING BACK WITH NEW GUESTS AND THEY ALWAYS FIND IT ENJOYABLE, TOO!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thorougly enjoyed dining at Cure!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/12/2014The staff was extremely friendly and our waiter was very nice and efficient. Our party of three went for dinner before a show--the atmosphere was very relaxed. We went 'tapas style,' ordering a cheese plate, smoked salmon platter, salad and a cooked vegetable plate. The items were made with very fresh ingredients and well executed. All was made even better with a bottle of Malbec and a piece of coconut cake to share. We will be back!Special Features:
- Fresh Food Prepared WellKateDined on 4/3/2014My friend and I enjoyed lunch at this lovely spot in the city. The restaurant initially seems tucked away in the hotel, but the back section opens into the hotel atrium, with full skylights and beautiful shallow pool! There are multiple floor levels in the restaurant, adding to the visual interest and separation of guests. The food was delicious, and the way the menu is set-up you can try a variety of things. I definitely recommend it for lunch, and I plan to go back and check it out for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDCguyDined on 4/1/2014I have been to Cure on several occasions and always was pleased with the food. But on Tuesday, we took one of my employees to lunch for her last day as an employee, and the food and overall experience was... subpar. One person took only one bite of her dessert because it was so disappointing. The coffee order was screwed up (despite an order for two lattes, tea, and a regular coffee, we all received regular coffee - and it wasn't good coffee). The table wobbled. Bottom line: I've always enjoyed Cure as a lunch spot, but based on this experience, I probably won't be coming back.
- Quiet and tastymsb01Dined on 3/15/2014At last, a place you can have a normal conversation and tasty food. Have not yet tried their main entrees as we've enjoyed sharing appetizers, sides, and desserts. Not at all busy the 2 nights we've been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an undiscovered hot spotEstradaDined on 3/11/2014Enjoyed the food and ambience. The server was polite, but less than helpful. Love this place and their menu variations. Great value and selection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Most Pleasant Lunch in DCTomasVIPDined on 3/7/2014Just a unique concept. Have never been disappointed with the lunch. Fun, relatively inexpensive, nice ambience, good food and very good service. A real gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/6/2014This place is simply supreme - very friendly waiters and VERY great cuisine! Chef Costica does amazing things with food. Folks everywhere, you need to eat here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-concert dinnerTrixieDined on 3/1/2014We had dinner before the Eagles concert and the food was great and service prompt snd friendly. The beet salad and pumpkin flatbread would have been more than enough and I could have enjoyed dessert too. The wine pour was not very generous, however. I asked for the 11/2 pour for $14.50 and it was more like a single pour and not a full one either. I will definitely try it again.Special Features:
- 9/10DinnertimeVIPDined on 2/28/2014Huge portions of good food. We tried the roast beet salad, meat tray, cheese tray, fried oysters, all very good. The pulled pork flatbread was not great.Special Features:
- In the middle of a HotelAjayDined on 2/26/2014This restaurant is split among many levels and benefits from being within one of those hotels where the room ring around a large open space. There is a (man made) wadding pond and several tables have a view of the pond. The ambiance is nice, but some tables are out in the open and have really no privacy. There are a few that will - if you are on a romantic date, plan accordingly. The food is good and with small plates, portion control is easy. With their concept of ordering 3, 4, or 5 items, its almost like a price fixe menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, excellentRebeccaVIPDined on 2/20/2014Excellent food, excellent service, excellent atmosphere. Not noisy.Special Features:
- Valentine's Day DinnerTheBenitezesDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I came here for Valentine's Day after reading their amazing-sounding Valentine's menu on Open Table. From what we saw online, we were not expecting Cure to be a hotel restaurant (which negatively effects the ambiance, we think), so it was not quite the romantic experience we were expecting. However, the food was delicious (and we are foodies----we loooove to analyze what's on our plate) and the service was very accommodating. I'm pregnant and when raw shellfish arrived at our table (something pregnant ladies are not supposed to have) as part of the Valentine's menu, Cure quickly replaced it with something I *could* eat at no extra charge, for which we were very grateful. Over all a very delicious and worthwhile experience.Special Features:
- Fanstactic special menu forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Fanstactic special menu for Valentine's Day. Wine list was exceptional and ambiance was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our server was not great.CoachigdonDined on 2/8/2014Our server was not great. It was almost like he would forget we were there. And one of our shared plates came out after we had finished all of the others. It tasted like it had been sitting under the warmer for a while. Our server also never asked us for a drink order. That said, the food was pretty good. Sizable portions on the beets, and brussel sprouts. The pork flat bread was our late arriving dish, and was incredibly salty. I wonder if it was because it sat in the warmer for too long.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect place for MomMRMBAofGWUVIPDined on 2/8/2014The restaurant sat most people down near the bottom of the restaurant, near the bottom of the escalators at the Hyatt for those that are familiar with the location. The main area where the host desk was wasn't open yet for customers to be seated. Food was delicious on all accounts. Did want a lot more bacon and cheese in my Bacon and Cheese cornbread but otherwise good. The Roasted pork chop and NY Strip were both tender and flavorful. Great ambiance. Just sorry the piano player wasn't playing when we went at 5 PM. Small, focused menu but executed very well!Special Features:
- Great LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/6/2014Cure occupies a number of levels of the Hyatt hotel downtown, affording it some very unique views of the lobby. Food and service was very good. I'd go again. Note there is a entrance into the Hyatt directly from the Metro Center station.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2014I took my girlfriend there for something a little different from our normal foodie adventure and it exceeded our expectations! The steak was perfectly cooked and the sliders were to die for. I was thinking to myself, maybe I was just hungry, (been on a strict diet for 6 weeks) but the reality, the food really was that good.Special Features:
- Difficult layout, Poor serviceAlexDined on 1/24/2014The food was good when it finally arrived, but the layout of the restaurant (several levels of a hotel lobby) made it difficult for the wait staff to make the rounds. Just getting an order in was difficult. Forget about ordering another drink or asking for anything extra. We went on a Friday night, 7pm. Perhaps a different day/time would be better to enjoy the food.
- Nice wine selection. GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/20/2014Nice wine selection. Good service and a pleasant atmosphere. I had the cauliflower bisque and pork rabe flat bread. Bisque was very good. Flat bread was disappointing...mostly cheese.
- Cures most all ailmentsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/17/2014I dined several days at Cure...steak was fine, not exceptional...a little dry. The appetizers are terrific...cheese plate, roasted beets, baked squash, all prepared to perfection! Great place for afternoon people watching.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasion!EmilyBVIPDined on 1/11/2014We visited with our families for my birthday, and the entire staff made us feel wonderful! Answered our questions, gave great recommendations, and took very good care of us.Special Features: