2417 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94115Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sfcurbside.com/
- Phone: 4159299030x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 9:00AM - 4:00PM
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00 Am - 4:00PM (Brunch also served on holidays)
Lunch: Daily: 9:00AM - 4:00PM
Dinner: Daily: 5:00PM - 10:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: OLIVIER PERRIER
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Curbside Cafe can be rented for parties. We can also arrange to open early for special East Coast time breakfasts. For lunches to go, we create the Lunch Box Made to Order, which comes in a pastry box with a set of utensils, napkins, bread and butter, a brownie and one apple. Dressing on the side for salads. Delivery only for large orders. For special events, you can order cheesecake (any flavor topping), creme brulee, or bread pudding.
- Special Events: Curbside Cafe can be rented for parties. Let us create your own special menu!
We can also arrange to open early for special East Coast time breakfasts.
A word from Curbside Cafe
Curbside Cafe is an eclectic Californian restaurant with a French twist. We are known for our delicious brunches, but our wonderful regular customers will tell you that the dinners are scrumptious as well. This is a place where the decor is artistic, the ambiance is cozy. You are welcome to come with a group for brunch, dress up and bring a date for dinner, or come alone and enjoy a glass of wine with your meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Curbside Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (23)great for brunch (15)great for lunch (13)romantic (7)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (5)good for groups (2)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Far exceeded expectationOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/17/2014We've been living in CA for the past year - eating at all types of restaurants up from Santa Cruz to Healdsburg. Dollar for dollar, this was the best meal we've had. We've eaten in a couple of the trendier restaurants a block or two away on Filmore.... save your dollars and try Curbside Cafe instead. It very much reminded us of the small, family run restaurants of Paris with just a handful of tables, friendly staff and excellent food.Special Features:
- Excellent overallCalisfriscoDined on 8/14/2014Brunch on 8/14/14 Thursday. Smoked salmon benedict-very tasty and quite savory. Bloody mary- spicy and strong. Service- superior, fast and attentive. Ambience- cozy, not crowded.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodSusanWriteDined on 8/1/2014Curbside Cafe has become one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. We frequently meet other couples there; knowing the food and service will be consistently good and reliable. I like the salmon, my husband enjoys the pot roast. Wine by the glass, very nice salads. Cozy and intimate; great place where you can actually hear one another!Special Features:
- Great neighborhood cafeselectivesusanVIPDined on 7/24/2014Delicious lunch for all four of us. The owner was very helpful, even offered to open early for us the next day for breakfast! So thoughtful!Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem indeed!NickVIPDined on 7/14/2014I like this place and the food, but there's always something not quite perfect about the service. Part of the problem is that the main waiter speaks so quickly with such a strong French accent that you can't understand him. It seems like an affectation, but maybe he doesn't realize that most English speakers cannot understand him. This makes it difficult to order the specials, which are probably very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2014Small restaurant with great food and service. The mushroom risotto is amazing!Special Features:
- Good Food at a Reasonable PriceDina8Dined on 7/11/2014Nice cozy restaurant where the food is good and the ambience comfortable. Single diners can feel at home here.Special Features:
- francophilefrancophileVIPDined on 6/26/2014I especially like the friendly service of the French owners and the range of good dishes on the menu.Special Features:
- Awesome Meal!SFfoodie4lyfeDined on 6/10/2014Curbside Cafe famous for their amazing brunch items (bourbon baked french toast, need I say more?) but dinner there is really their hidden secret. I went there with a friend for Dine About Town and the food was just as amazing as their service. My friend ordered the calamari and it was one of the freshest I've had! My salmon was cooked perfectly and the chocolate mousse for dessert was the perfect end to a great meal. I will definitely go back again soon!Special Features:
- Great bread, limited menuPVFoodieDined on 5/11/2014The food was good in this cozy little spot, but the choices are limited, especially for vegetarians. Service was great, ambience o.k. The lamb was outstanding.
- Great little neighborhood spotefllDined on 5/9/2014The food is straight forward and unassuming but very tasty, and the price is very reasonable. It's quiet and homey, great for a little weekday date-night for example. We were also able to make a reservation for 6 people with short notice which was so helpful. We were celebrating my husband's birthday but hadn't told them or asked for candles or anything - however, the waiter/owner overheard that it was his birthday, so he bought out dessert with a candle, without us telling him or even ordering dessert! Total surprise, and very sweet gesture. Feels completely like a little neighborhood gem, where one could become a regular.Special Features:
- The following 256 reviews are from the Curbside Cafe reviews archive.
- Perfect Little Gem!foody1Dined on 4/22/2014This is a lovely small bistro with friendly, efficient wait staff and excellent food. I often have the smoked chicken salad with feta and candied walnuts for lunch but I also love the salmon pesto sandwich. At dinner with friends we thoroughly enjoyed the pot roast, steak fritte and french onion soup. All very flavorful tender and delicious. The bread pudding is to die for! Great wines.Special Features:
- Curbside is LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/15/2014Intimate, comfortable, reasonably priced and welcoming, Curbside is a hidden gem in the Fillmore. Delicious food and attentive staff. Ask for the window table when making a reservation! And try the smoked chicken salad. Yum!Special Features:
- The pear salad could haveKarenDined on 4/11/2014The pear salad could have used a little more dressing and blue cheese but the pears were very sweet and portion size was generous. The chicken mushroom risotto was delicious. The waiter could have been a little more engaging since there were only 3 couples in the restaurant. I had to constantly wave for his attention for more water and bread but he was responsive. I would go back for the risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy Curbside CafepaladinnorcalVIPDined on 4/5/2014This tiny restaurant on California Street is a lovely little gem. I had the chicken picatta, and it was delightful. The lemon caper sauce really made the dish. My wife had the risotto and it was excellent. The coffers at the end of the metal was strong and the cup a generous sized vessel. The peace is very relaxed. I wouldn't recommend it for the hurried.Special Features:
- Fine Neighborhood GemBrianVIPDined on 3/30/2014Fairly priced, great food, great service.....loved it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice unassuming neighborhood cafeCeciliaVIPDined on 3/21/2014Good food, relaxed, no fuss local cafe. We go often.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerSFNativeDined on 3/20/2014We enjoyed our dinner there - I had the chicken which was good, not outstanding, but I would order it again. Our service was very friendly but slow. The nicest thing about this restaurant is that it is so quiet and calm and a lovely place to have a relaxed conversation over dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable, casual spotavideaterVIPDined on 3/19/2014While the menu has remained basically the same for several years, this time there was a new rock cod special with a spicy lobster sauce served with rice and a just perfectly cooked vegetable medley of zucchini, squash and carrots. Also good were the fried calamari (not over breaded) and the silky creme brulee. We are always warmly welcomed by Olivier!Special Features:
- A Lunchtime ReconnectionOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/11/2014Recently I had lunch with a colleague I haven't seen in a few years at Curbside Café. We both thoroughly enjoyed both the food and the ambience. We were made to feel that we could spend the afternoon reconnecting (which of course we didn't do). The waiter discovered that my colleague was gluten-free and he pointed out all the items on the menu that accommodated her dietary restrictions. The dessert they made us was out of this world! I can't wait to return for lunch to this neighborhood gem - which is truly is! Thanks for making us feel so welcome and comfortable.Special Features:
- Had a great brunch early SundaySFdinerVIPDined on 3/9/2014Was nice to come in here while the streets of the city were still quiet on a early Sunday morning. The service, atmosphere, and food were delicious. The place has such a great vibe...and a perfect way to start the day. ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow serviceHappywithhopsVIPDined on 3/1/2014The food was very, very tasty. Great prices, too. Service was slow but polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and CharmingSanRafaelGalDined on 3/1/2014I highly recommend Curbside Cafe for their food and the ability to have a conversation with your friends across the table. All too often, restaurants are so noisy these days that you can't even hear yourself think; but Curbside Cafe was the antithesis of this harried environment. The wait staff was courteous. My husband enjoyed the fall-off-the-bone lamb shank and I had lovely crab cakes with a salad on the side. This is a restaurant that warrants going back to again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lady Somerset reports:LadySomersetVIPDined on 2/22/2014Although very busy they made a special effort to honor our reservation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- just a nice place for lunch.wdsddsVIPDined on 2/14/2014just a nice place for lunch. not a large menu but adequate. not noisy like most restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pretty awfulvitaDined on 1/28/2014we came here for our anniversary dinner and the experience was just awful. We had a reservation which the one waiter couldn't find at first. We had the worst service I've ever had at any restaurant. At one point, our waiter "served" my husband's wine by plopping it on the table on his way to serve another glass of wine to another table. The food was just ok. I realize that there was only one waiter and there were seven tables to service, but he seemed like he just didn't care--like he was going to do as little as possible. Would not go back for any reason
- deliciouscaesVIPDined on 1/25/2014Everything we had from French Onion (and Chicken Noodle) soup to entrees and dessert were exceptional. The broth in the soups and my seafood dinner were top notch. On top of that the wine list was great and we felt everything was reasonably priced so all in all couldn't be happier.Special Features:
- Extremely small but cozy.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/17/2014Extremely small but cozy. Filled with great food, wine & desserts! Definitely planning a return visit soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little neighborhood GemMimiDined on 1/17/2014Food was excellent! Menu offered a bit of everything for all tastes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and IntimatePeteVIPDined on 1/14/2014Curbside cafe delivered up a scrumptious slow cooked pot roast and garlic mashed in a very small, intimate setting. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- consistentREPMJPVLVIPDined on 1/14/2014Food is always flavorful and prepared consistently!Special Features:
- Consistently Good CuisineBruceDined on 1/11/2014Brought our Marin friends last to this wonderful neighborhood bistro, and everyone enjoyed it. I usually go with pot roast or chicken picatta on the regular menu, but one of the evening specials was leg of lamb, and I hope they'll be offering this again. It was excellent, served with mixed vegetables and potatoes. Our friends all liked their entrees, e.g., the scampi, the curry, and the chicken picatta, served over linguini. I also recommend the Pear Salad to start...yummy. This is a small place, so reservations recommended. Very reasonably-priced wine list, and we also like this place for brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cute restaurant in great areafattie12VIPDined on 1/10/2014I went there with a girl friend, but it looks like a great date spot! Cute, cozy restaurant and yummy food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service at CurbsideBeauDined on 1/7/2014The waiter addressed me by name as we arrived even though we had not been before. The food was great, The Bread the best. The service was ideal even though the owner was the only one and could do it all. We recommend it the highest. We will be there again in a week even after being form Oakland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, iffy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Went here for New Year's Eve dinner and the food was great! But I believe they were understaffed, so it did take us some time to get seated even with out reservation and the service was a bit slow. Overall tho I did enjoy itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- $15 for a little pizza or….MonsieurBongout1Dined on 12/11/2013across the street from Delfina is an intimate French restaurant where 2 can eat well for $50. It is a pleasure to find a neighborhood spot that is dependable, delicious and not so hip or precious. Great spot.Special Features:
- Fast friendly service, tasty food.AurosDined on 12/11/2013We stopped in for a quick meal between two events, early on a Wednesday evening, and we were very pleased with the prompt service. We didn't have anything particularly exotic -- I had a salad and ravioli, my spouse had a burger -- but everything was clearly freshly made using quality ingredients, and was quite reasonably priced. We'd definitely come back, next time we happen to get out to the neighborhood. When we were in, it was very quiet (only one other occupied table), but I suspect that on a Friday or Saturday, or perhaps even after 7pm on a weeknight, it could've been more crowded and noisy, and I suppose that might slow down service a bit as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Petite treat!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/11/2013Great spot for intimate dinner! Impeccable service and good food. Can hardly wait for our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingBillVIPDined on 11/30/2013Having had many good dinners at The Curbside, I was disappointed to have a bad experience there last weekend. There was an air of carelessness about everything. We were greeted with indifference and the host/server seemed bored and not at all welcoming. We ordered one of the white wines listed on the specials board, but were told there was none available (this at 6:30 with two other people in the restaurant). The shrimp and scallop scampi was soupy and seemed to have been prepared hours before. After many years of seeing it as a dependable choice in the Fillmore area, I will now cross it off my list.
- Great waiterSanFranciscanDined on 11/29/2013This is a pretty small restaurant but it still seats about 28 people. We were there Friday night and it was full but had only 1 waiter. He got to everyone in a timely manner. he still managed to be friendly and attentive. Wonderful service. Good food.Special Features: