2417 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94115Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.sfcurbside.com/
- Phone: (415) 929-9030
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 9:00AM - 4:00PM
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00 Am - 4:00PM (Brunch also served on holidays)
Lunch: Daily: 9:00AM - 4:00PM
Dinner: Daily: 5:00PM - 10:00PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French
- Executive Chef: OLIVIER PERRIER
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Curbside Cafe can be rented for parties. We can also arrange to open early for special East Coast time breakfasts. For lunches to go, we create the Lunch Box Made to Order, which comes in a pastry box with a set of utensils, napkins, bread and butter, a brownie and one apple. Dressing on the side for salads. Delivery only for large orders. For special events, you can order cheesecake (any flavor topping), creme brulee, or bread pudding.
- Special Events: Curbside Cafe can be rented for parties. Let us create your own special menu!
We can also arrange to open early for special East Coast time breakfasts.
A word from Curbside Cafe
Curbside Cafe is an eclectic Californian restaurant with a French twist. We are known for our delicious brunches, but our wonderful regular customers will tell you that the dinners are scrumptious as well. This is a place where the decor is artistic, the ambiance is cozy. You are welcome to come with a group for brunch, dress up and bring a date for dinner, or come alone and enjoy a glass of wine with your meal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Curbside Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (16)great for lunch (14)romantic (11)great for brunch (9)special occasion (6)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Cafe FrancaisMackVIPDined on 11/10/2014Though billed as a French Cafe/Bistro, find me a dish on the menu that is. Lunch there was pretty American although our server Olivier was of a background in Lyon. My overall impression is that Curbside is okay, and it's long life on California Street it has gathered a loyal following.I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressiveBayAreaPhotoDined on 11/9/2014First time here, was expecting more from what I'd heard. Overall, they were OK, but nothing to make me want to return - routine items, nothing distinctive on the menu, zero ambiance, the two waiters seemed dour, almost unhappy to be there. My friend had a caesar salad with chicken that had a very unpleasant texture (maybe frozen multiple times, or ???). The French onion soup was pretty good, other food was OK, which sort of sums up the experience: OK but routine, but nothing out of the ordinary.
- Unpleasant experienceDoodelsVIPDined on 10/28/2014For the second time the same waiter told us we couldn't get their prix fixe dinner because we were using open table. I wrote you last time this happened because the guy canceled our reservation and didn't give us the points. This time he agreed to give us points but after an argument. Unpleasant experience!
- Great Neighborhood SpotSarasotaLadyVIPDined on 10/27/2014My husband and I had dinner at The Curbside Cafe last Monday night. It is right in our new neighborhood and the first time we have dined there. The service was very efficient and pleasant. My husband enjoyed his steak and frites (I also enjoyed some frites!). I don't think the crab cakes were the best choice as they were a little mushy but tasty. The restaurant is very cozy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All I had hoped forOldfartDined on 10/18/2014Read reviews of this place and it sounded perfect so my husband and I went for my birthday. It was outstanding! Quiet, good service, delicious food, nice wine list. Am recommending to all my friends and coming back. French onion soup to die for, pot roast and salmon both winners! Not a single table had their phone out-people were actually engaged in conversation! My kind of place.Special Features:
- Decent neighborhood findOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/17/2014I really enjoyed the restaurant, but the big complaint was with the lack of servers. There was one waiter for 30 or so patrons in the restaurant. The waiter was trying his best, but I blame this decision to understaff on the ownership of the restaurant. I may give it one more shot because the food was very good, but if the lack of staffing has not been addressed, that will be my last time.Special Features:
- QuaintOntheroadDined on 10/4/2014I liked the look of the restaurant right away. It is small, but it is quaint. The waiter was very nice and attentive. The food is good and not overly expensive. I enjoyed the atmosphere more once more people filed in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great little bistroOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/21/2014Really good, reasonably priced meals--service was excellent, and the atmosphere was charming. Not a big place but lots of personalitySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, quiet, neighborhood findsara17Dined on 9/19/2014My parents were in town visiting for their anniversary, and we had 6 people total. I wanted to find a place that wasn't too loud and we could enjoy a nice meal, without feeling rushed out; this was perfect. It was all couples at every other table, so I might not bring a group here again, but the place itself was on the small side, which we liked. The service was great and the food was perfect; everyone enjoyed their meal, salmons, mushroom risotto and crab cakes. The wines were good, and bottle prices under $40 were fabulous. Everyone had a great time and I'd definitely go back.Special Features:
- Curbside is the way to goOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014If you are in the Fillmore District and are hungry, this is the place to go. It is small and intimate. The food is very good and the service is great. We have eaten here a number of times over the years and are never disappointed. If you like French food, you'll love this place. Did I mention the desserts? Very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best value all round...RuthDined on 9/13/2014I really enjoy this restaurant because of the consistency of good service, good food, and relaxing atmosphere. I'm always pleased to return because it's a little gem in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Thanks OlivierMundoDined on 9/8/2014A wonderful meal in a charming dining room served by a sweet and attentive host/owner. The vegetarian and carnivores were equally delighted with the plates. From the French Onion Soup to the Bread Pudding, not a single misstep. Go enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Old School Parisian HideawayOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/5/2014Lovely ambiance, feels like a tiny neighborhood favorite in the Latin Quarter in Paris. One server for the whole place and he was charming and efficient. The prices are very reasonable and the food very good. Lovely find!Special Features:
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2014Great food, great service. Would be a regular spot for me if I lived in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bon Apetit!DavisDinersDined on 8/28/2014Truly a hidden gem with all the quaintness of a Parisian cafe. Impressive dinner options without the crowds or noise (hopefully that won't change!). Roasted Chicken and Crab Cake entrees were tasty and delicious! Service was attentive and polite. Excellent pre-show option and a short 10 minute walk from Yoshi's - we will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Far exceeded expectationOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/17/2014We've been living in CA for the past year - eating at all types of restaurants up from Santa Cruz to Healdsburg. Dollar for dollar, this was the best meal we've had. We've eaten in a couple of the trendier restaurants a block or two away on Filmore.... save your dollars and try Curbside Cafe instead. It very much reminded us of the small, family run restaurants of Paris with just a handful of tables, friendly staff and excellent food.Special Features:
- Excellent overallCalisfriscoDined on 8/14/2014Brunch on 8/14/14 Thursday. Smoked salmon benedict-very tasty and quite savory. Bloody mary- spicy and strong. Service- superior, fast and attentive. Ambience- cozy, not crowded.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodSusanWriteVIPDined on 8/1/2014Curbside Cafe has become one of our favorite neighborhood restaurants. We frequently meet other couples there; knowing the food and service will be consistently good and reliable. I like the salmon, my husband enjoys the pot roast. Wine by the glass, very nice salads. Cozy and intimate; great place where you can actually hear one another!Special Features:
- The following 264 reviews are from the Curbside Cafe reviews archive.
- Great neighborhood cafeselectivesusanVIPDined on 7/24/2014Delicious lunch for all four of us. The owner was very helpful, even offered to open early for us the next day for breakfast! So thoughtful!Special Features:
- Neighborhood gem indeed!NickVIPDined on 7/14/2014I like this place and the food, but there's always something not quite perfect about the service. Part of the problem is that the main waiter speaks so quickly with such a strong French accent that you can't understand him. It seems like an affectation, but maybe he doesn't realize that most English speakers cannot understand him. This makes it difficult to order the specials, which are probably very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2014Small restaurant with great food and service. The mushroom risotto is amazing!Special Features:
- Good Food at a Reasonable PriceDina8Dined on 7/11/2014Nice cozy restaurant where the food is good and the ambience comfortable. Single diners can feel at home here.Special Features:
- francophilefrancophileVIPDined on 6/26/2014I especially like the friendly service of the French owners and the range of good dishes on the menu.Special Features:
- Awesome Meal!SFfoodie4lyfeDined on 6/10/2014Curbside Cafe famous for their amazing brunch items (bourbon baked french toast, need I say more?) but dinner there is really their hidden secret. I went there with a friend for Dine About Town and the food was just as amazing as their service. My friend ordered the calamari and it was one of the freshest I've had! My salmon was cooked perfectly and the chocolate mousse for dessert was the perfect end to a great meal. I will definitely go back again soon!Special Features:
- Great bread, limited menuPVFoodieDined on 5/11/2014The food was good in this cozy little spot, but the choices are limited, especially for vegetarians. Service was great, ambience o.k. The lamb was outstanding.
- Great little neighborhood spotefllDined on 5/9/2014The food is straight forward and unassuming but very tasty, and the price is very reasonable. It's quiet and homey, great for a little weekday date-night for example. We were also able to make a reservation for 6 people with short notice which was so helpful. We were celebrating my husband's birthday but hadn't told them or asked for candles or anything - however, the waiter/owner overheard that it was his birthday, so he bought out dessert with a candle, without us telling him or even ordering dessert! Total surprise, and very sweet gesture. Feels completely like a little neighborhood gem, where one could become a regular.Special Features:
- Perfect Little Gem!foody1Dined on 4/22/2014This is a lovely small bistro with friendly, efficient wait staff and excellent food. I often have the smoked chicken salad with feta and candied walnuts for lunch but I also love the salmon pesto sandwich. At dinner with friends we thoroughly enjoyed the pot roast, steak fritte and french onion soup. All very flavorful tender and delicious. The bread pudding is to die for! Great wines.Special Features:
- Curbside is LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/15/2014Intimate, comfortable, reasonably priced and welcoming, Curbside is a hidden gem in the Fillmore. Delicious food and attentive staff. Ask for the window table when making a reservation! And try the smoked chicken salad. Yum!Special Features:
- The pear salad could haveKarenDined on 4/11/2014The pear salad could have used a little more dressing and blue cheese but the pears were very sweet and portion size was generous. The chicken mushroom risotto was delicious. The waiter could have been a little more engaging since there were only 3 couples in the restaurant. I had to constantly wave for his attention for more water and bread but he was responsive. I would go back for the risotto.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy Curbside CafepaladinnorcalVIPDined on 4/5/2014This tiny restaurant on California Street is a lovely little gem. I had the chicken picatta, and it was delightful. The lemon caper sauce really made the dish. My wife had the risotto and it was excellent. The coffers at the end of the metal was strong and the cup a generous sized vessel. The peace is very relaxed. I wouldn't recommend it for the hurried.Special Features:
- Fine Neighborhood GemBrianVIPDined on 3/30/2014Fairly priced, great food, great service.....loved it!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice unassuming neighborhood cafeCeciliaVIPDined on 3/21/2014Good food, relaxed, no fuss local cafe. We go often.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinnerSFNativeDined on 3/20/2014We enjoyed our dinner there - I had the chicken which was good, not outstanding, but I would order it again. Our service was very friendly but slow. The nicest thing about this restaurant is that it is so quiet and calm and a lovely place to have a relaxed conversation over dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortable, casual spotavideaterVIPDined on 3/19/2014While the menu has remained basically the same for several years, this time there was a new rock cod special with a spicy lobster sauce served with rice and a just perfectly cooked vegetable medley of zucchini, squash and carrots. Also good were the fried calamari (not over breaded) and the silky creme brulee. We are always warmly welcomed by Olivier!Special Features:
- A Lunchtime ReconnectionOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/11/2014Recently I had lunch with a colleague I haven't seen in a few years at Curbside Café. We both thoroughly enjoyed both the food and the ambience. We were made to feel that we could spend the afternoon reconnecting (which of course we didn't do). The waiter discovered that my colleague was gluten-free and he pointed out all the items on the menu that accommodated her dietary restrictions. The dessert they made us was out of this world! I can't wait to return for lunch to this neighborhood gem - which is truly is! Thanks for making us feel so welcome and comfortable.Special Features:
- Had a great brunch early SundaySFdinerVIPDined on 3/9/2014Was nice to come in here while the streets of the city were still quiet on a early Sunday morning. The service, atmosphere, and food were delicious. The place has such a great vibe...and a perfect way to start the day. ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slow serviceHappywithhopsVIPDined on 3/1/2014The food was very, very tasty. Great prices, too. Service was slow but polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet and CharmingSanRafaelGalDined on 3/1/2014I highly recommend Curbside Cafe for their food and the ability to have a conversation with your friends across the table. All too often, restaurants are so noisy these days that you can't even hear yourself think; but Curbside Cafe was the antithesis of this harried environment. The wait staff was courteous. My husband enjoyed the fall-off-the-bone lamb shank and I had lovely crab cakes with a salad on the side. This is a restaurant that warrants going back to again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lady Somerset reports:LadySomersetVIPDined on 2/22/2014Although very busy they made a special effort to honor our reservation.I would recommend this to a friend.
- just a nice place for lunch.wdsddsVIPDined on 2/14/2014just a nice place for lunch. not a large menu but adequate. not noisy like most restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.