Cupping Room Cafe
359 West Broadway
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Cupping Room Cafe
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.cuppingroomcafe.com/
- Phone: 2129252898
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 2:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Cupping Room Cafe
The Cupping Room Café was established in 1977. It was originally a wholesale coffee establishment. Different blends of coffee were brewed and tasted by perspective customers. This act of blending and tasting different coffees is called cupping - hence the name The Cupping Room. The coffee tasting went so well that the owners decided to change the name from The Coffee Connection to The Cupping Room Café. They also decided to open the back of the store and sell coffee and pie to the local artists. The building hosting The Cupping Room is a landmark building. It was the first "tall" building in SoHo and is more than 100 years old. The high tin ceilings, hard wood floors, pot-belly stove and exposed brick walls are all part of the original setting. The Cupping Room was a home for artists and locals. Today it is still a neighborhood place where you can see the locals and the famous come together in our homey environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Cupping Room Cafe - Best Restaurants in SoHo ›
Cupping Room Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
60 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (40)neighborhood gem (27)great for lunch (19)good for groups (15)fit for foodies (11)kid-friendly (7)romantic (3)special occasion (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- A breakfast must!PinkdptDined on 9/13/2014Our day in the city started here! Omg delicious! The scrambled eggs were the best I've had in a long time, french toast a must! Adorable interior covered in brick walls. Adrian our server was super friendly and helpful. ..as were the rest of the staff. Get there before 10 for no wait. The place was packed when we left! Coffee good as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best after 20 years!ArtyWoman69VIPDined on 9/11/2014I met a friend at the Cupping Room for lunch -- my first time in a decade -- and it was simply as good and unique as ever. It is a comfortable, friendly restaurant with very good food (especially the eggs) and I was delighted to see that it stayed the same. SoHo has so many new, trendy, overpriced restaurants, the Cupping Room is still a delight with well-priced food. The best part was the friendly, attentive service. Our waitress was excellent. The staff seem to enjoy working there and are professional and courteous. An excellent experience -- I will be back again soon (and so will my friend)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for breakfast!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/7/2014Excellent find in Soho. Enjoyed our breakfast - would definitely go back if in the area again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/31/2014Good solid brunch spot. Make sure to get a side of well seasoned home fries w your brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunchJTDagDined on 8/31/2014Made brunch reservations for 9 AM on Sunday Morning - excellent omelets. Great location, loved the home fries!Special Features:
- BonnieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Kudos to the Cupping Room for making an exception to their weekend menu and making oatmeal for the vegan in our group. My omelet was perfectly cooked as ordered, rare among restaurants that serve omelets. The only surprise was the coffee which I have always praised; this time the decaf was so weak it had no taste. Still, our favorite breakfast/brunch place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindSpencerVIPDined on 8/30/2014I had never been here before, but needed to find a place for Labor Day Weekend for a large party (parent's anniversary). I searched on Yelp and this is what was the best recommended with the "right" menu for my family. They were more than accommodating, fawned over the family, service was great, food was outstanding, can't say enough wonderful things about the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonnieVIPDined on 8/3/2014Ah, the "good" old days have returned to the Cupping Room, when the service was bad. Is it because it was Sunday in the summer? A long story about trying to get a coffee refill is too boring to relate but if you discount the service you won't be disappointed especially for breakfast/brunch. Know that there are new menus and we all know what that means.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this spot for brunchJRHChathamDined on 8/2/2014Excellent brunch spot with an extensive menu with something for everyone. Service is always consistent and many of the servers appear to have been around for some time. Our server, Andre, was affable and attentive. Eggs Benedict is excellent and drink selections are creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalAwesomeatsDined on 7/30/2014An extra special coffee find....just a few steps to wonderful!Special Features:
- Best BrunchNYCRestaurantLoverVIPDined on 7/27/2014Hands down the best brunch dishes in NYC. Fun, eclectic decor. Can get a bit noisy and busy so be prepared to wait, but it is totally worth it!Special Features:
- Want to go backLunamonkeyfoodloverDined on 7/15/2014Went on a tuesday and was dissapointed to find out they have live music from wednesdays to saturdays. Still, the staff was friendly, the service was great, the food was good. Would love to go back on a day when there's live music. It seems they were having a painting event but we arrived for a late dinner so it was almost over. Really cute place!Special Features:
- BonnieVIPDined on 7/14/2014Always one of our favorite breakfast/brunch restaurants, this time was a first for lunch. We ordered salads and sandwiches, the salad much better. We'll stick to early day meals from now on.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoping for betterMNYCVIPDined on 7/5/2014We were very disappointed in this place. It sounded so good but the food was really bad. I had the grilled cheese with bacon and tomato. The bread was not even grilled. The home fries looked as bad as they tasted. My husband had an omelette and fries - the fries were bad. The omelette was ok. Even the drinks were disappointing. The people were all very friendly and nice so I really wanted to like the place. Definitely not going back because of the food.
- Cafe for late brunchGadgetqueenDined on 6/29/2014Everyone at our table had simple breakfast food ( bagel, yogurt, waffles) and all were as expected- homey, fresh and yummy. I had a plain cup of coffee which was surprisingly restaurant average. Our server and the service at the entire place was terrific. I was at the Cupping Room Cafe at noon on a Sunday during the World Cup so it may have been both noisier than normal ( the game was playing and projected on the walls). I will definitely stop in again when I am in this neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great Food!mslanee1VIPDined on 6/28/2014Loved this place! The brunch was delicious! Plus, the put the world cup on the big screen! It was tons of fun, and the building is the right mix of new and old, just beautiful.Special Features:
- At one time enjoyableReappraisingDined on 6/22/2014We went this past weekend. There was a time when we enjoyed cupping room. It's becoming less neighborhood stop and more tourist drop off point. Too Crowded, and way, way too noisy. This takes away all enjoyment of the meal, (and by the way the food now compliments the new vibe - pedestrian) you can't hear each other. I mean that - we needed to lean over the table to converse. Too bad for the regulars like us. Just need to find a new favorite place. It's a shame because this was one of our all time favorites that we recommended to friends and colleagues. This is all great for the owners so this "esthetic" will remain but eventually all the patrons that made this place special will drift away.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Loved that place , great decor, good food . Will go again for sureSpecial Features:
- DrPoppinfreshDined on 6/20/2014Ahhh! A quiet are of Manhattan for a solid breakfast. Great service, great solid omelets, home fries, turkey bacon. Quite satisfied, fair price, quite location that is a short walk to downtown. Will go again when I have business downtown.Special Features:
- nice place&people with good foodgc2014arDined on 6/10/2014The place is magic, and have good food and service. Great for brunch.Special Features:
- Must visit if in SoHoDelectablyChicVIPDined on 6/8/2014Great for brunch, and one of the few sitdown restaurants I can think of where you can order a dirty chai (chai latte with a shot of espresso - the restaurant calls it Ty Chai) off menu.Special Features:
- great for gluten free and moreShannDined on 5/31/2014Cupping Room Cafe was a delightful brunch spot, excellent food, friendly service, and nice ambience. Plus they offered some great gluten free items, including a delicious buckwheat waffle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonnieVIPDined on 5/28/2014Our favorite meal at the Cupping Room continues to be breakfast/brunch. Every egg dish is served as ordered: sounds easy enough but is difficult for some reason to execute for many restaurants. And no need for fancy coffees: regular coffee is great. No disappointments.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 400 reviews are from the Cupping Room Cafe reviews archive.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/16/2014Service was outstanding they handled our group of 10 like we were a table of 2. Food was wonderful. Very accommodating of our several special requests. So thankful we chose to come here for our special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014I loved the ambience here. The restaurant was crowded and alive. Service was friendly and good considering the crowd. Tables are a little tight but I was a party of two and it didn't bother us. Great place for brunch!Special Features:
- capnkrunchVIPDined on 5/11/2014Still great for brunch after all these years. Had not been to the restaurant in at lea 15 years but it was still terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBrooklyniteDined on 4/25/2014This place is wonderful if you're meeting friend's in the city and want something new. You can see the freedom tower from this location. So you arr able to enjoy the cobble street as you explore the neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/24/2014Wasn't able to keep this past reservation due to illness but all my experiences at the Cupping Room Cafe have been A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time at the Cuping RoomKKEinNYCDined on 4/21/2014Very relaxed and friendly environment, eggs Florentine were very satisfying for brunch. Wait staff didn't rush us, would definitely go there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter BrunchluvnycDined on 4/20/2014Had a great Easter brunch with the family. Had a great table and the ambience was wonderful. Will be back again!!!!Special Features:
- Great Sunday MorningSomersetTomDined on 4/20/2014My wife and I just had Easter Brunch here and it was delicious! The food and cocktails were a great way to start Easter in NYC. This was the first time here, but certainly won't be the last. It may be be our new Easter tradition.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful spotGPTishDined on 4/16/2014I made the reservation last minute. Wonderful find. Service was top notch. Food was very good, nice choices.Special Features:
- Great food and wheat free optionsLovegoodfoodDined on 4/7/2014Good choice on the menu even for gluten free, great to be able to eat waffles or pancakes for once. Lovely atmosphere and good service. So good we went back. Milkshakes are fab!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful brunch and tasty foodLanafoodieVIPDined on 3/30/2014This was an excellent brunch choice for a group of 4. Everyone had something they wanted and the mimosas were fresh and tasty. The portions are big and filling, so be warned! I would definitely come back here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food Great bandTomCDined on 3/29/2014The food is excellent, eclectic American fare. Excellent bar, limited but good and reasonable wine list. The main attraction on a Saturday night is the excellent jazz band; they are great musicians (singer, guitar, trumpet, drums and bass) and play several jazz standards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Favorite PlaceLoveMaine21VIPDined on 3/29/2014The Cupping Room is becoming our favorite place to go when visiting New York. The atmosphere is cozy and yet lively; The menu offers all kinds o fun things to eat; We especially recommend for brunch.Special Features:
- Brunch was yummy. Eggs BenedictSLDallasDined on 3/29/2014Brunch was yummy. Eggs Benedict were Fabulous. The hot chi tea was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BeunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014Great spot for brunch with friends or family. Eggs Benny & the bloody hog drink are great choices!Special Features:
- Great food, iffy serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014Good was absolutely amazing and fresh! Was disappointed about the service. Forgt many drink refills, orders can out incomplete and missing items and at different times. When asked the waiter to go get the food they forgot again and had to flag down other waiters. Just seemed overhelmed in general! Great food though!I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchSophiebDined on 3/22/2014Great brunch spot. The only issue we had was that the table for two was too small for our plates and required a bit of maneuvering. Overall we really enjoyed and will visit again.Special Features: