Cupping Room Cafe
359 West Broadway
New York, NY 10013Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Cupping Room Cafe
- Dining Style: Home Style
- Website: http://www.cuppingroomcafe.com/
- Phone: (212) 925-2898
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 12:00am, Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 2:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, High Tea, Late Night, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Cupping Room Cafe
The Cupping Room Café was established in 1977. It was originally a wholesale coffee establishment. Different blends of coffee were brewed and tasted by perspective customers. This act of blending and tasting different coffees is called cupping - hence the name The Cupping Room. The coffee tasting went so well that the owners decided to change the name from The Coffee Connection to The Cupping Room Café. They also decided to open the back of the store and sell coffee and pie to the local artists. The building hosting The Cupping Room is a landmark building. It was the first "tall" building in SoHo and is more than 100 years old. The high tin ceilings, hard wood floors, pot-belly stove and exposed brick walls are all part of the original setting. The Cupping Room was a home for artists and locals. Today it is still a neighborhood place where you can see the locals and the famous come together in our homey environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
Cupping Room Cafe - Best Restaurants in SoHo ›
Cupping Room Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (50)neighborhood gem (41)great for lunch (30)good for groups (24)fit for foodies (21)hot spot (12)kid-friendly (12)romantic (8)vibrant bar scene (7)special occasion (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Delicious StandbyOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/23/2014Cupping Room Cafe never disappoints. The food is delicious. the service attentive, and--did I mention--the food is delicious. I've only been here for brunch and each time is satisfying beyond the last and keeps me coming back. We had the Southern breakfast with bacon and customized eggs benedict. Every bite was lovely and we left stuffed and grateful. We will be back. Cupping Room Cafe always delivers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchJakeVIPDined on 11/16/2014The omelets and home fries were outstanding. I had the Mexican omelet and my husband had the one with lox. Great coffee and service. The only disappointment was the waffle with eggs and sausage. The waffle was tasty, but very small. My nephew didn't like the sausages at all. Fun atmosphere and décor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid neighboorhood bar/restaurant/galleryKevinDined on 11/15/2014Food, service, and decor are all above standard. Laid back vibe in soho with quality food at a reasonable price is hard to find. Recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieforlifeDined on 11/15/2014Was disappointed with the food and the service. Not bad, but not great.
- great for dinner or brunchMCEFC78Dined on 11/13/2014Warm and friendly with a terrific atmosphere. Brunch is a very different atmosphere than dinner - we enjoyed bothSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant SurpriseSTLOutOfTownFoodieVIPDined on 11/9/2014My husband and I needed a neighborhood supper place by our hotel after a NYC theatre afternoon. I found Cupping Room Cafe on OpenTable, just down the street from where we were staying and quickly booked a table. Everyone was so friendly, the place buzzed with a Sunday night ambience of "friends catching up after a hectic week" and the food was simply divine. We wanted a light meal but I decided on the the lamb chop entree, a signature dish that was recommended and was just blown away. Everything was beyond our expectations. Cute, friendly, delicious, excellent service. Everything we wanted and more. I wish I could go back again this week to this wonderful bistro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid brunch as usual ...JRHChathamVIPDined on 11/9/2014Great brunch menu staples, eggs benedict, french toast, et al done very well. Pleasant way to start the day in SoHo on a Sunday morning.Special Features:
- EnjoyableeagoldDined on 11/7/2014Dinner at the Cupping Room was very nice! 1st time visit there. Late dinner after arriving in the City from NJ. Excellent music. Good, reasonably-priced food. Yes, we will be back!Special Features:
- A Soho DelightDorothyDined on 10/25/2014I invited a friend to the Cupping Room to celebrate her 60th Birthday. I had heard this restaurant was great for brunch; it did not disappoint. The service was friendly and very accommodating. Food was delicious; we both enjoyed it thoroughly and would not hesitate to recommend this wonderful little cafe to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful Brunch!LOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVEEEEEEEEDined on 10/23/2014iDiscovered The Cupping Room through the Open Table app. The Breakfast/Brunch menu was extraordinary on the app. So a friend and I set out on a spontaneous lunch date and visited the Cupping Room. Too bad it took us almost 2 hours to get dressed and by time we arrived Breakfast/Brunch was OVER!!! We explained to our waiter Chris that we were pulled in by the brunch menu he spoke to the kitchen and we had the best Stuffed French toast scrambled eggs and turkey bacon.Special Features:
- Very tasty brunch!nytransplantDined on 10/18/2014My friend had the pancakes which were very good and my wife had the french toast, eggs and bacon. I had the Eggs Benedict with avocado. All were well cooked. The ambiance of the restaurant was very nice and the staff was very attentive. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot to eatJennyDined on 10/11/2014Have been here a few times for various sittings and have always had great food and just as good service. Definitely recommend trying this place out if you haven't alreadySpecial Features:
- mratieVIPDined on 10/3/2014I've always been a fan of cupping room when visiting the Soho. But the staff was a little off during weekday late lunch time. The restaurant was empty which i thought would mean faster and more efficient service; funny enough the service was mediocre / poor. A lot of unfamiliar faces working the floor (or maybe it's been a long time since last visit)?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/3/2014This was my first time and the restaurant and it won't be my last! The food was delicious with very ample portions. The interior (brick walls) is very hip and funky. I had an omelette with smoked salmon and cream cheese and it was delicious.Special Features:
- Cupping Room CaferoadwarriormarkDined on 10/2/2014This is a neighborhood find where the breakfast and dinner are both good. Atmosphere is low key, and service was friendly and down to earth. Look forward to my next visit!Special Features:
- Always a fun timeBehonestDined on 9/21/2014We arrived at the restaurant on time, but my son and his girlfriend were running late. I mentioned it to the hostess, who was extremely courteous and friendly, and told us not to worry about, just let her know when they arrive. When they did, they seated us immediately. The personnel at this restaurant are beyond accommodating, and very friendly. It is truly a great dining experience all around.Special Features:
- Oldie but GoodieAuntieBabsDined on 9/18/2014I have been coming here since I first came to the city in the early 80s. Loved it then, love it now.Special Features:
- A breakfast must!PinkdptDined on 9/13/2014Our day in the city started here! Omg delicious! The scrambled eggs were the best I've had in a long time, french toast a must! Adorable interior covered in brick walls. Adrian our server was super friendly and helpful. ..as were the rest of the staff. Get there before 10 for no wait. The place was packed when we left! Coffee good as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best after 20 years!ArtyWoman69VIPDined on 9/11/2014I met a friend at the Cupping Room for lunch -- my first time in a decade -- and it was simply as good and unique as ever. It is a comfortable, friendly restaurant with very good food (especially the eggs) and I was delighted to see that it stayed the same. SoHo has so many new, trendy, overpriced restaurants, the Cupping Room is still a delight with well-priced food. The best part was the friendly, attentive service. Our waitress was excellent. The staff seem to enjoy working there and are professional and courteous. An excellent experience -- I will be back again soon (and so will my friend)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for breakfast!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/7/2014Excellent find in Soho. Enjoyed our breakfast - would definitely go back if in the area again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/31/2014Good solid brunch spot. Make sure to get a side of well seasoned home fries w your brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent brunchJTDagVIPDined on 8/31/2014Made brunch reservations for 9 AM on Sunday Morning - excellent omelets. Great location, loved the home fries!Special Features:
- BonnieVIPDined on 8/31/2014Kudos to the Cupping Room for making an exception to their weekend menu and making oatmeal for the vegan in our group. My omelet was perfectly cooked as ordered, rare among restaurants that serve omelets. The only surprise was the coffee which I have always praised; this time the decaf was so weak it had no taste. Still, our favorite breakfast/brunch place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindSpencerVIPDined on 8/30/2014I had never been here before, but needed to find a place for Labor Day Weekend for a large party (parent's anniversary). I searched on Yelp and this is what was the best recommended with the "right" menu for my family. They were more than accommodating, fawned over the family, service was great, food was outstanding, can't say enough wonderful things about the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonnieVIPDined on 8/3/2014Ah, the "good" old days have returned to the Cupping Room, when the service was bad. Is it because it was Sunday in the summer? A long story about trying to get a coffee refill is too boring to relate but if you discount the service you won't be disappointed especially for breakfast/brunch. Know that there are new menus and we all know what that means.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this spot for brunchJRHChathamVIPDined on 8/2/2014Excellent brunch spot with an extensive menu with something for everyone. Service is always consistent and many of the servers appear to have been around for some time. Our server, Andre, was affable and attentive. Eggs Benedict is excellent and drink selections are creative.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalAwesomeatsDined on 7/30/2014An extra special coffee find....just a few steps to wonderful!Special Features:
- The following 413 reviews are from the Cupping Room Cafe reviews archive.
- Best BrunchNYCRestaurantLoverVIPDined on 7/27/2014Hands down the best brunch dishes in NYC. Fun, eclectic decor. Can get a bit noisy and busy so be prepared to wait, but it is totally worth it!Special Features:
- Want to go backLunamonkeyfoodloverDined on 7/15/2014Went on a tuesday and was dissapointed to find out they have live music from wednesdays to saturdays. Still, the staff was friendly, the service was great, the food was good. Would love to go back on a day when there's live music. It seems they were having a painting event but we arrived for a late dinner so it was almost over. Really cute place!Special Features:
- BonnieVIPDined on 7/14/2014Always one of our favorite breakfast/brunch restaurants, this time was a first for lunch. We ordered salads and sandwiches, the salad much better. We'll stick to early day meals from now on.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hoping for betterMNYCVIPDined on 7/5/2014We were very disappointed in this place. It sounded so good but the food was really bad. I had the grilled cheese with bacon and tomato. The bread was not even grilled. The home fries looked as bad as they tasted. My husband had an omelette and fries - the fries were bad. The omelette was ok. Even the drinks were disappointing. The people were all very friendly and nice so I really wanted to like the place. Definitely not going back because of the food.
- Cafe for late brunchGadgetqueenDined on 6/29/2014Everyone at our table had simple breakfast food ( bagel, yogurt, waffles) and all were as expected- homey, fresh and yummy. I had a plain cup of coffee which was surprisingly restaurant average. Our server and the service at the entire place was terrific. I was at the Cupping Room Cafe at noon on a Sunday during the World Cup so it may have been both noisier than normal ( the game was playing and projected on the walls). I will definitely stop in again when I am in this neighborhood.Special Features:
- Great Food!mslanee1VIPDined on 6/28/2014Loved this place! The brunch was delicious! Plus, the put the world cup on the big screen! It was tons of fun, and the building is the right mix of new and old, just beautiful.Special Features:
- At one time enjoyableReappraisingDined on 6/22/2014We went this past weekend. There was a time when we enjoyed cupping room. It's becoming less neighborhood stop and more tourist drop off point. Too Crowded, and way, way too noisy. This takes away all enjoyment of the meal, (and by the way the food now compliments the new vibe - pedestrian) you can't hear each other. I mean that - we needed to lean over the table to converse. Too bad for the regulars like us. Just need to find a new favorite place. It's a shame because this was one of our all time favorites that we recommended to friends and colleagues. This is all great for the owners so this "esthetic" will remain but eventually all the patrons that made this place special will drift away.Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014Loved that place , great decor, good food . Will go again for sureSpecial Features:
- DrPoppinfreshDined on 6/20/2014Ahhh! A quiet are of Manhattan for a solid breakfast. Great service, great solid omelets, home fries, turkey bacon. Quite satisfied, fair price, quite location that is a short walk to downtown. Will go again when I have business downtown.Special Features:
- nice place&people with good foodgc2014arDined on 6/10/2014The place is magic, and have good food and service. Great for brunch.Special Features:
- Must visit if in SoHoDelectablyChicVIPDined on 6/8/2014Great for brunch, and one of the few sitdown restaurants I can think of where you can order a dirty chai (chai latte with a shot of espresso - the restaurant calls it Ty Chai) off menu.Special Features:
- great for gluten free and moreShannDined on 5/31/2014Cupping Room Cafe was a delightful brunch spot, excellent food, friendly service, and nice ambience. Plus they offered some great gluten free items, including a delicious buckwheat waffle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BonnieVIPDined on 5/28/2014Our favorite meal at the Cupping Room continues to be breakfast/brunch. Every egg dish is served as ordered: sounds easy enough but is difficult for some reason to execute for many restaurants. And no need for fancy coffees: regular coffee is great. No disappointments.I would recommend this to a friend.