845 Market Street, Suite 400, Westfield San Francisco Centre
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cupolasf.com/
- Phone: 4158965600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM; Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Christian Hermsdorf
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: btwn 4th & 5th
- Public Transit: Bart and Muni are convenient ways to travel to the Westfield San Francisco Center. There is an entryway directly into the center from within the Powell Street station.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: For your convenience, Westfield San Francisco Centre provides valet parking. The valet is located on 5th Street between Mission & Market Streets (outside Nordstrom). With validation from LarkCreek®Steak, the price for 3 hours is reduced to only $10 dollars. The valet accepts cars until 10pm Friday & Saturday and 9pm Sunday through Thursday.
A word from Cupola Pizzeria
Cupola Pizzeria a Neapolitan style pizzeria. Serving authentic Italian cuisine with hand made pastas, house prepared desserts. We are VPN certified. We offer a variety of Italian and domestic wines. Located at the Westfield San Francisco.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cupola Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (43)great for lunch (36)fit for foodies (28)kid-friendly (21)neighborhood gem (16)special occasion (14)great for brunch (10)romantic (7)hot spot (7)notable wine list (5)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Amazing Food!LindseyDined on 10/19/2014Cupola Pizzeria has amazing pizza that has seasonal ingredients and lovely design. Definitely would recommend the Funghi pizza for its crispy thin crust, loads of mushrooms, and tender leeks. Mouth watering options and cocktails you'll crave for days! The mango lemonade is to die for!Special Features:
- Mall findPJDivaVIPDined on 10/15/2014I love eating at Cupola. My husband and I shared the Pancia pizza which has apples, arugula, and pork belly. Oh it was so yummy. Now I'll have to choose between that pizza and the Ariabatta which was my favorite until the Pancia. We started off with the kale salad with dried currants and radishes. While this restaurant is in the mall, it is upstairs as a stand-alone restaurant (not in the food court). We sat in an "outside" eating area so it was more quiet than inside with all the conventioneers who were from the nearby Moscone Center.Special Features:
- Tasty food; noisy & rushedSouthBayGuyDined on 10/14/2014Food is great - pasta AND pizza (have been here several times). Two of us seated across from one another and adjacent to other people at a long table and fairly high noise level - so not the place for a private conversation! Service was attentive to the point of feeling rushed -- as if they wanted to turn the seats quickly. Overall, a good experience, but not as relaxed as past visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was not goodFoodieVIPDined on 10/9/2014I went here with my husband because he loves pizza and it got good reviews. The service was weird and disorganized. There were 2 people working our table and they kept asking us for the same things. Gave my order twice. Also, my husband said that the dressing for his casear salad was watery. I got the margarita pizza and the sauce reminded me 100% of the sauce you would find in a Spaghettio's can. Not good!!!!! The mozzarella on top was really chewy too. Don't read the reviews and be tricked into thinking that this is a great restaurant because at the end of our meal (each ordered a salad and pizza and my husband had 2 beers) we paid $75 pre-tip and wish we had chosen a place with better food.Special Features:
- Vert slow servicemlnmVIPDined on 10/6/2014While the food was ok, the service was very slow. No one came to the table for 10 minutes after we were seated. Then there was a gap of 20 minutes between salad and pizza during which I had to ask twice for the salad plates to be cleared. Terrible service
- Not GreatMamaGDined on 10/2/2014The pizza pomodoro was very good, but the Portobello pizza was just ok. The Dome salad was nothing special and much to expensive for what it was. The lamb meatballs were good, but there were only 4 tiny ones for $12. The deep fried squash blossoms were a big disappointment. The desserts were ok, but again, much too expensive for the tiny size. The waitress was very good, but had an entire restaurant to take care of all by herself. The price for 2 appetizers, 1 large salad, 2 pizzas, 3 desserts and a $42 of wine came to $250 including tax and tip. Much MUCH too expensive for the tiny portions and just ok food. I wouldn't go back.
- Excellent for GroupsCoffeebossDined on 10/2/2014I took ten coworkers to Cupola and was delighted by the attentive and adaptive service. Dealing with that many disparate voices can be a chore even if someone is attempting to lead the event. The staff did a wonderful job. The pizzas were good and the small plates and antipasti, excellent. Next time I will be trying the wines as they looked inviting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- horrible serviceRPeatsVIPDined on 10/1/2014The restaurant was not busy but our server was appallingly inattentive throughout the meal. I can't recall when I last left a meager tip but we did so this time. As the food, the salads were excellent and the pizza toppings were tasty but the crust was so limp we had to eat it with a fork and knife.
- A food lovers feastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Best food lovers feast with the dessert to top it off even moreSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinner, then kidslivyinkDined on 9/28/2014We received an Open Table gift certificate to Cupola for our anniversary. The manager generously comped us some champagne with our dinner. Loved the kale salad, carne pizza and fried chicken. Didn't spend the whole GC, so came back another day for late lunch/early dinner with our 2 kids, ages 6 and 9. They have a great kids' menu and crayons for drawing. We sat at the communal table near the front with another small party. Good fun. I recommend the spinach salad with quinoa and seared prawns. My husband tried the pomodoro pizza--quite excellent! The one thing that could use a bit of work is the budino we had for dessert. Kind of dry, and not warmed up. The service was great--very attentive. We will definitely return to Cupola!Special Features:
- CupolaAnnie49Dined on 9/23/2014Great caesar salad; pizza was good, too. The small plates going to other tables looked delicious, so I'm looking forward to going back and trying some of those!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delloDined on 9/16/2014I went at lunch time. Quiet and enjoyable for my party. Get the funghi pizza!!! Delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizza and Gluten Free ChoicesSandyVIPDined on 9/12/2014It's rare to find an Italian restaurant where the rest of the family can eat wheat pizza that they love; and I can eat gluten free options that are delicious. Cupola had achieved this on three occasions. This time their GF pasta with vegetables was excellent. Waitress was efficient and got us out in time to make a movie. Sweet!Special Features:
- Fantastic PizzaSarasotaLadyVIPDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I were staying by Union Square and felt like pizza. I looked on Open Table and Cupola came up and seemed perfect and we were not disappointed. The pizza was delicious! We were very hungry and decided to start with the stuffed zucchini flowers -- not only were they delicate and fantastic, they were beautifully presented. We will definitely go bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014I've been the Cuploa several times. The food and sevice are always great. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious pizza!labradorDined on 8/20/2014We enjoyed Cupola so much that we went back a second time! On both occasions we enjoyed a pizza and salad to share. On the first occasion we ordered the large Caesar salad- it was massive so we didn't make that mistake when we went second time around. The pizza was freshly cooked and tasty though rather bizarrely we had to order first tomato and cheese as extras an then cheese as an extra as the ones we chose didn't have any..... we found this a bit strange as these are usually the staple ingredients of any pizza and felt that it was just a money making scheme ( hence one point deducted for food). Drinks were reasonably priced, especially the cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient locationPJDivaVIPDined on 8/20/2014We had tickets for Motown on Market Street and Cupola was convenient from BART. I like eating at Cupola for its quality and variety of foods and reasonable prices. We usually order their thin crusted pizzas but decided to try their pasta. My sister had the gnocchi and I had the torn handkerchiefs. We enjoyed both very much. I can't wait to return for their pizza!Special Features:
- Great place in the Westfield MallOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/16/2014Had to find a spot that was convenient for me to meet some friends in from out of town and that I could get to off the BART. We picked this place since it was a pizza place and offered pasta since my friends had food allergies. We were thrilled with the food and the atmosphere. The staff and service was great and everyone enjoyed their choices. Since it's located near the Union Square Hotel, my friends were able to walk over and meet at the location since it was easy to find. I had the advantage of coming in through BART and not have to drive into SF. Will definitely stop in again the next time I'm in the Westfield Mall.Special Features:
- great find!SFDA680VIPDined on 8/9/2014Cupola is an incredible find hidden inside the Westfield Mall. Don't be deterred by the location, the food and service is fantastic. We had the calamari, meatballs, lamb to start...and it was all spot on. We added cheese and sauce to our pizzas and really enjoyed them (the arrabiatta is my favorite...be warned it has a kick!). To finish the Spumoni was amazing, the candied pistachios a very nice touch! Overall, I highly recommend this hidden gem.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014Got stuck at the table right next to the kitchen. It was loud. We heard everything being yelled while trying to have dinner.
- Really good wood oven pizzaJohnVIPDined on 7/27/2014We had two of their pizzas and found them to be outstanding. The crust was perfectly cooked (not burned) and the toppings were excellent.Special Features:
- 3 words: Certified Neapolitan pizzaSeismicVIPDined on 7/26/2014Always in search for the real deal from Naples we found it here. We started with fried squash blossoms for our appetizer. This was the most perfect execution we have had--light and crispy and stuffed with ricotta! Mouth just waters as I type these words. We had some marinated olives to accompany our wine and mocktails ("zero proof cocktails) Kids loved the crafted mocktails and I have to admit they were extraordinary. We enjoyed a wonderful half-priced (special for July) bottle of Barbera. The highlight was the pizza--thin, chewy with a slight crisp. Yum! We polished off the meal with a scrumptious slice of tiramisu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but poor customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014It took over an hour to get our food (and the restaurant was not packed) and when it did start coming out it wasn't staged together; last dishes were provided 20 minutes after first ones came out. Food was good but lack of attention and long delay and poor food staging took away from the experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The Pizza Crust was a bit soggy. The Kale salad was fantastic!! The Bundino also fantastic. The affogato was just coffee gelato, very disappointing and the concept of the chairs being so tall , they were just uncomfortable. The Owner/Manager was very friendly and accommodating. So very mixed experience.
- Easy, comfortable placeElaineDined on 7/24/2014We needed a centrally located place for two families to meet for dinner. Because of the ease of parking in the Union Square area, we selected this restaurant. Initially the staff had us seated at a table that extended out into the mall but when I asked for a different table they were very accommodating (we just had to wait a bit). The wait staff were are all very friendly and the food was good.
- Still a favoriteGeorgeVIPDined on 7/23/2014We've eaten here many times... it's still very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice date locationFOODiEDined on 7/13/2014I was impressed by the food and greatly enjoyed my time having dinner there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feast of the feast!MelYDined on 7/4/2014I came specifically to experience their feasting menu where you have no idea what the chef will bring out. All you should expect is that you'll have stuffed by the end of the meal. Between the three of us, we were served 11 dishes total(warm mozzerella, calamari, salads, appetizers, two pastas, two pizzas, two desserts.) Needless to say we had leftovers. There were a few memorable dishes, but nothing spectacular. This is a great way to try a lot of items from the menu. NOTE: July is half off any bottle of wine! Don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A regular favoritethtrbufDined on 6/29/2014Whenever we are in the city for a show, we always head to Cupola for the festa. It's a great way to get a sampling of all the types of great food offered.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014The pizza was outstanding...great thin crust pizza and the crust was very flavorful!
- Excellent PizzajlcjensenDined on 6/26/2014Our group ordered several pizzas to share and all of them were absolutely delicious, all oven baked. Our server was very nice, efficient and unobtrusive. I enjoyed the decor the funky style of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and tasty pizza choicesAndiODined on 6/24/2014This restaurant is located inside a mall, but is an upscale pizzeria with unique but delicious pizza options. We had the fungi and margharitas pizzas. The fungi pizza had a combination if leeks, green onions, and hedgehog mushrooms, without a red sauce. It was delicious, as was the margharitas pizza. The server and host were friendly, our water glasses stayed full, and the ambiance was quiet. We would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014We discovered Cupola last year and made appoint of coming back to have the pizza again - it was as good as we remembered it to be!Special Features:
- The following 405 reviews are from the Cupola Pizzeria reviews archive.
- Nice Food124871Dined on 6/15/2014We loved the pizza they make at the site. I believe it's Napolitan pizza, and that tastes good.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner before theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/13/2014This is the spot to dine before theater if you want good food and efficient service to get you to the theater on time. Surprised to find this quality of food in a very pleasant environment inside the Westfield Mall. We will return.Special Features:
- Great pizza inside a mall!shihslDined on 6/13/2014We were just looking for a decent place to eat close to our hotel for our first night in San Francisco. Cupola was quite a find! You'd never expect a restaurant inside a mall to deliver such high-quality food and such an extensive wine list. Service was great too. And the food came out quickly--always appreciated when you have young children in the group, as we did.Special Features:
- YUMEmLovesToEatDined on 6/6/2014I love coming to Cupola; what a great find! Its worth a trip to the mall just to enjoy their delicious pizza and pasta selections, as well as their great Italian wine list. Our favorites on this trip were the torn pasta, the calamari, and the gelato. Great service, too!Special Features:
- Still a favoriteGeorgeVIPDined on 5/25/2014If you haven't eaten here, you'll probably think this is just a cute pizza place in the mall. But Cupola has become one of our favorite Italian restaurants anywhere. On our most recent visit, we tried a couple of the small plates (very small, like real European tapas) -- swordfish and duck -- and both were excellent. The 'torn pasta' is perhaps the most perfect pasta dish ever. And if you like Neapolitan pizza, this is the place for you!Special Features:
- Is the Convenience Worth It?4sustainabilityVIPDined on 5/22/2014The quality of some ingredients (lettuce in Caesar) and the scarcity of others (pistachios in kale salad) reminded us of where we were. The food was, nonetheless, adequate. No rose wines available under the heading "Italian White & Pink Wines," not a sign of first-rate management. If, like us, you're seeing a movie and don't want to leave the relative safety of the building, it offers an acceptable, if not exciting, option.
- Out of cocktails at 6:00Pepinilla1VIPDined on 5/17/2014Italian restaurant out of carpano cocktail at 6:00 pm on a Saturday? Sodas were flat. Caesar salad overdressed