845 Market Street, Suite 400, Westfield San Francisco Centre
San Francisco, CA 94103Neighborhood:
Downtown / Union Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.cupolasf.com/
- Phone: 4158965600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM; Dinner: Daily: 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Christian Hermsdorf
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: btwn 4th & 5th
- Public Transit: Bart and Muni are convenient ways to travel to the Westfield San Francisco Center. There is an entryway directly into the center from within the Powell Street station.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: For your convenience, Westfield San Francisco Centre provides valet parking. The valet is located on 5th Street between Mission & Market Streets (outside Nordstrom). With validation from LarkCreek®Steak, the price for 3 hours is reduced to only $10 dollars. The valet accepts cars until 10pm Friday & Saturday and 9pm Sunday through Thursday.
A word from Cupola Pizzeria
Cupola Pizzeria a Neapolitan style pizzeria. Serving authentic Italian cuisine with hand made pastas, house prepared desserts. We are VPN certified. We offer a variety of Italian and domestic wines. Located at the Westfield San Francisco.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Cupola Pizzeria - Best Restaurants in Downtown / Union Square ›
Cupola Pizzeria reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (37)great for lunch (34)fit for foodies (25)kid-friendly (21)neighborhood gem (19)special occasion (9)great for brunch (8)notable wine list (6)hot spot (5)late-night find (3)romantic (3)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- delloDined on 9/16/2014I went at lunch time. Quiet and enjoyable for my party. Get the funghi pizza!!! Delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Pizza and Gluten Free ChoicesSandyVIPDined on 9/12/2014It's rare to find an Italian restaurant where the rest of the family can eat wheat pizza that they love; and I can eat gluten free options that are delicious. Cupola had achieved this on three occasions. This time their GF pasta with vegetables was excellent. Waitress was efficient and got us out in time to make a movie. Sweet!Special Features:
- Fantastic PizzaSarasotaLadyDined on 8/28/2014My husband and I were staying by Union Square and felt like pizza. I looked on Open Table and Cupola came up and seemed perfect and we were not disappointed. The pizza was delicious! We were very hungry and decided to start with the stuffed zucchini flowers -- not only were they delicate and fantastic, they were beautifully presented. We will definitely go bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/23/2014I've been the Cuploa several times. The food and sevice are always great. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious pizza!labradorDined on 8/20/2014We enjoyed Cupola so much that we went back a second time! On both occasions we enjoyed a pizza and salad to share. On the first occasion we ordered the large Caesar salad- it was massive so we didn't make that mistake when we went second time around. The pizza was freshly cooked and tasty though rather bizarrely we had to order first tomato and cheese as extras an then cheese as an extra as the ones we chose didn't have any..... we found this a bit strange as these are usually the staple ingredients of any pizza and felt that it was just a money making scheme ( hence one point deducted for food). Drinks were reasonably priced, especially the cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Convenient locationPJDivaVIPDined on 8/20/2014We had tickets for Motown on Market Street and Cupola was convenient from BART. I like eating at Cupola for its quality and variety of foods and reasonable prices. We usually order their thin crusted pizzas but decided to try their pasta. My sister had the gnocchi and I had the torn handkerchiefs. We enjoyed both very much. I can't wait to return for their pizza!Special Features:
- Great place in the Westfield MallOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/16/2014Had to find a spot that was convenient for me to meet some friends in from out of town and that I could get to off the BART. We picked this place since it was a pizza place and offered pasta since my friends had food allergies. We were thrilled with the food and the atmosphere. The staff and service was great and everyone enjoyed their choices. Since it's located near the Union Square Hotel, my friends were able to walk over and meet at the location since it was easy to find. I had the advantage of coming in through BART and not have to drive into SF. Will definitely stop in again the next time I'm in the Westfield Mall.Special Features:
- great find!SFDA680VIPDined on 8/9/2014Cupola is an incredible find hidden inside the Westfield Mall. Don't be deterred by the location, the food and service is fantastic. We had the calamari, meatballs, lamb to start...and it was all spot on. We added cheese and sauce to our pizzas and really enjoyed them (the arrabiatta is my favorite...be warned it has a kick!). To finish the Spumoni was amazing, the candied pistachios a very nice touch! Overall, I highly recommend this hidden gem.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2014Got stuck at the table right next to the kitchen. It was loud. We heard everything being yelled while trying to have dinner.
- Really good wood oven pizzaJohnVIPDined on 7/27/2014We had two of their pizzas and found them to be outstanding. The crust was perfectly cooked (not burned) and the toppings were excellent.Special Features:
- 3 words: Certified Neapolitan pizzaSeismicVIPDined on 7/26/2014Always in search for the real deal from Naples we found it here. We started with fried squash blossoms for our appetizer. This was the most perfect execution we have had--light and crispy and stuffed with ricotta! Mouth just waters as I type these words. We had some marinated olives to accompany our wine and mocktails ("zero proof cocktails) Kids loved the crafted mocktails and I have to admit they were extraordinary. We enjoyed a wonderful half-priced (special for July) bottle of Barbera. The highlight was the pizza--thin, chewy with a slight crisp. Yum! We polished off the meal with a scrumptious slice of tiramisu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but poor customer serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2014It took over an hour to get our food (and the restaurant was not packed) and when it did start coming out it wasn't staged together; last dishes were provided 20 minutes after first ones came out. Food was good but lack of attention and long delay and poor food staging took away from the experience.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014The Pizza Crust was a bit soggy. The Kale salad was fantastic!! The Bundino also fantastic. The affogato was just coffee gelato, very disappointing and the concept of the chairs being so tall , they were just uncomfortable. The Owner/Manager was very friendly and accommodating. So very mixed experience.
- Easy, comfortable placeElaineDined on 7/24/2014We needed a centrally located place for two families to meet for dinner. Because of the ease of parking in the Union Square area, we selected this restaurant. Initially the staff had us seated at a table that extended out into the mall but when I asked for a different table they were very accommodating (we just had to wait a bit). The wait staff were are all very friendly and the food was good.
- Still a favoriteGeorgeVIPDined on 7/23/2014We've eaten here many times... it's still very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice date locationFOODiEDined on 7/13/2014I was impressed by the food and greatly enjoyed my time having dinner there.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feast of the feast!MelYDined on 7/4/2014I came specifically to experience their feasting menu where you have no idea what the chef will bring out. All you should expect is that you'll have stuffed by the end of the meal. Between the three of us, we were served 11 dishes total(warm mozzerella, calamari, salads, appetizers, two pastas, two pizzas, two desserts.) Needless to say we had leftovers. There were a few memorable dishes, but nothing spectacular. This is a great way to try a lot of items from the menu. NOTE: July is half off any bottle of wine! Don't miss it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A regular favoritethtrbufDined on 6/29/2014Whenever we are in the city for a show, we always head to Cupola for the festa. It's a great way to get a sampling of all the types of great food offered.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/28/2014The pizza was outstanding...great thin crust pizza and the crust was very flavorful!
- Excellent PizzajlcjensenDined on 6/26/2014Our group ordered several pizzas to share and all of them were absolutely delicious, all oven baked. Our server was very nice, efficient and unobtrusive. I enjoyed the decor the funky style of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and tasty pizza choicesAndiODined on 6/24/2014This restaurant is located inside a mall, but is an upscale pizzeria with unique but delicious pizza options. We had the fungi and margharitas pizzas. The fungi pizza had a combination if leeks, green onions, and hedgehog mushrooms, without a red sauce. It was delicious, as was the margharitas pizza. The server and host were friendly, our water glasses stayed full, and the ambiance was quiet. We would go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great pizzaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014We discovered Cupola last year and made appoint of coming back to have the pizza again - it was as good as we remembered it to be!Special Features:
- Nice Food124871Dined on 6/15/2014We loved the pizza they make at the site. I believe it's Napolitan pizza, and that tastes good.Special Features:
- Excellent dinner before theaterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/13/2014This is the spot to dine before theater if you want good food and efficient service to get you to the theater on time. Surprised to find this quality of food in a very pleasant environment inside the Westfield Mall. We will return.Special Features:
- Great pizza inside a mall!shihslDined on 6/13/2014We were just looking for a decent place to eat close to our hotel for our first night in San Francisco. Cupola was quite a find! You'd never expect a restaurant inside a mall to deliver such high-quality food and such an extensive wine list. Service was great too. And the food came out quickly--always appreciated when you have young children in the group, as we did.Special Features:
- YUMEmLovesToEatDined on 6/6/2014I love coming to Cupola; what a great find! Its worth a trip to the mall just to enjoy their delicious pizza and pasta selections, as well as their great Italian wine list. Our favorites on this trip were the torn pasta, the calamari, and the gelato. Great service, too!Special Features:
- Still a favoriteGeorgeVIPDined on 5/25/2014If you haven't eaten here, you'll probably think this is just a cute pizza place in the mall. But Cupola has become one of our favorite Italian restaurants anywhere. On our most recent visit, we tried a couple of the small plates (very small, like real European tapas) -- swordfish and duck -- and both were excellent. The 'torn pasta' is perhaps the most perfect pasta dish ever. And if you like Neapolitan pizza, this is the place for you!Special Features:
- The following 400 reviews are from the Cupola Pizzeria reviews archive.
- Is the Convenience Worth It?4sustainabilityVIPDined on 5/22/2014The quality of some ingredients (lettuce in Caesar) and the scarcity of others (pistachios in kale salad) reminded us of where we were. The food was, nonetheless, adequate. No rose wines available under the heading "Italian White & Pink Wines," not a sign of first-rate management. If, like us, you're seeing a movie and don't want to leave the relative safety of the building, it offers an acceptable, if not exciting, option.
- Out of cocktails at 6:00Pepinilla1VIPDined on 5/17/2014Italian restaurant out of carpano cocktail at 6:00 pm on a Saturday? Sodas were flat. Caesar salad overdressed
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 5/10/2014We really miss the prawns appetizers this restaurant had when first opened. Thanks goodness the calamari salad is still on the menu. We love the baby kale salad, so refreshing! The fried chicken is always good, the prosciutto pizza is good. The lamb and the duck pasta are ok. Love the spumoni dessert and the tiramisu! Jessica provided excellent friendly service. We ate here before going to the movies, and each time, we were served efficiently and never late for the show.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amantedelcibo1VIPDined on 5/10/2014Pizza is fantastic First rate but, we order zucca which should arrive with squash blossoms, the main reason we ordered this item These were not on the pizza. Asked to speak with the manager. He answered by saying that the blossoms were on the pizza but mixed with the mascarpone. Highly unlikely. Almost every year I have pizza with squash blossoms and never in all those years has any restaurant done anything other than - in some form or another - show off the beauty of those delicious additions. Shame on Cupola
- Not much of a feastNicknameVIPDined on 5/4/2014The "Feast of all Feast" is not much of a feast. Basically a tasting menu served family style. While food was acceptable, there was nothing that really stands out. Portions were terribly small for a party of seven. Amount of food served probably would have been good for a party of four. Everyone was still HUNGRY, even after getting one extra pizza and a couple of extra desserts. Extremely poor value. Disagree with other reviews saying they were brought food until you tell them to stop. It was not all you can eat. Management should clarify policy and keep it consistent.Special Features:
- AwesomeGeorgeVIPDined on 5/3/2014We just love this place. This was our second time in the last 30 days; we drove up to the city just to go here. The pizzas are Neapolitan style pizza. (I'm not sure if they're certified as authentic 00 Neapolitan but it sure seems like that style to me. As usual I got the Arrabbiata, which is just spicy enough, not too much or too little of anything, just... perfect. She got the Torn Pasta, which is a simple pasta and Marinara dish which is excellent because of the quality of the sauce. To start we had the curious "Dome Salad" which was an unusual mix of heirloom carrots (not orange!), shaved Parmesan, and perhaps the best croutons ever made. Neither of us actually like carrots but this dish was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time was greatSandyVIPDined on 4/24/2014Ate here before dinner: we agree with other reviewers: the pizza and kale salad are wonderful! Also appreciated their gluten free pasta with lamb and mint dish - it exceeded our expectation. Finally, the tiramisu was light and delicious. Will go back again. Great place to eat before the movies.Special Features:
- Location in Westfield CenterOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/11/2014Location in Westfield Center on Market St.--easily accessible via BART and MUNI. Location is centrally located for luncheon members coming from East Bay, Peninsula, and within San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Oasis at Powell & Market StreetsCathDined on 4/5/2014This corner of the 4th floor 'under the dome' was a lovely oasis in the midst of the Powell/Market hustle below, and also from the bustle of the Westfield Mall in general. Our group of 4 was looking for a quick simple dinner on the way from BART station to a show at the Warfield. The pizzas were delicious and the kale salad absolutely out of this world! We were able to eat 'outside' (in the mall still), which meant it was nice and spacious and quiet. Will return, esp for the kale salad! I'm soo glad we found it on the Westfield site. Pizzas ordered were Marguerite, Funghi, and sausage - plenty to eat for a group of 4 with 2 large salads split as well. Server was a good help in deciding what to order, too. Thank you.Special Features:
- Stuck in the "Food Court"OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/4/2014I made the reservation using Opentable wanting a nice table, but was seated outside the restruant, in the mall, so it felt like a food court with people walking around shopping. The service, food, and wine was good, just terrible seating.Special Features:
- Outstanding pizzadrtfulenwiderDined on 3/22/2014Pizza was outstanding. We had the mozzarella appetizer and the Arrabiatta pizza. The mozzarella was a boring disk I thought, wouldn't order again. The pizza, on the other hand, was excellent. Fresh, spicy and delicious. For anyone who likes pizza this place is a must try. The crust was perfect, chewy and flavorful. The sauce was spicy and it paired well with the pancetta on top. Highly recommend the pizza. The ambience was okay. There was still a little of that I am at a mall fell, but other than that the place was fine. The service was also very fast which enhanced our experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Chef's feast is a funOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/20/2014The Chef's feast is a fun tasting experience at a reasonable price and we enjoyed almost every dishSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CupolaCupolaVIPDined on 3/16/2014Always enjoy the food at Cupola, but always feel rushed and that I do not like. We had barely started our appetizers and the main course was already on the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.