310 Terry Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109Neighborhood:
Lake Union / Eastlake
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://cuoco-seattle.com/
- Phone: 2069710710
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Stuart Lane
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer 3 private dining rooms at our facility. The Team-building Room seats up to 12 people, The Goat Room accommodates up to 8 people, and The Private Dining Room accommodates 12 to 24 people.
- Private Party Contact: Amy Richardson 2069710710
- Special Events: Happy Hour
Mix and Match our Cocktail Menu and our Antipasti menu for $8.
Every Day 4:30pm - 6:30pm
Sunday Night Suppers
Family Style Menu ~ $25 per guest ~ visit our website for Sunday Supper Menus
A word from Cuoco
"Cuoco" is the Italian word for "cook," and the inspiration for showing off our chefs in an open kitchen. The pasta work station is framed in crisp white tile and surrounded by warm gold and red walls. In addition to the featured fresh pastas, there are savory vegetables and other hearty entrees, created by our newest chef, Stuart Lane. Several private dining options will be available to accommodate 12-25 guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Cuoco reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (53)special occasion (44)romantic (30)neighborhood gem (30)great for outdoor dining (28)good for groups (27)great for lunch (19)notable wine list (8)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (3)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Very niceSteveDined on 8/23/2014The food was very good, as was the service. We had the meatball appetizer (exceptional), bib salad, flank steak and a small tortellini like pasta dish. All were high quality. The waiter was very attentive, despite some earlier reviews that service was spotty. We brought a special bottle of wine; the $15 corkage is one of the lowest in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulSeattlefriendDined on 8/23/2014We had a lovely evening and great food. It's a beautiful restaurant and extremely friendly and attentive staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy HourSeattlenoobDined on 8/23/2014We made reservations for a small party for happy hour (4:30-6PM) on a Saturday. There was ample space outside with both sun & shade, drinks ranged from cocktail concoctions in the 7-8$ range, to 2$ 12oz Raineers. Our wait staff was incredible and suggested some delicious appetizers (fried blue cheese-stuffed green olives!?). To top it off they brought by a desert menu so we could pick an complimentary desert for our birthday gal. Great restaurant!Special Features:
- First TripRslinsfDined on 8/17/2014All exceptional. Very welcoming and comfortable setting. Terrific menu ... enough options without excessive complication. Our waiter was a consummate pro. Best I've encountered in Seattle. The meal was just about perfect. Great salad. Beautiful meat and cheese plate. My lasagna was one of the best I've eaten. The sauce was perfect. Nice gelato desert. Excellent wines throughout. Overall, the meal was expensive but worth every cent. I'll be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graeat food!PaveDined on 8/12/2014The food was amazing but the service was slow. The best part was dessert. Yum!c:Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- losing iteasyDined on 8/10/2014Not that great anymore, felt pressure to spend more which really turns me off. Worst Tom Douglas experience I ever had.Special Features:
- Love this place :-)!!jmrmodeDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I love Tom Douglas and we have been on a food crawl in all his restaurants. This was our 3rd restaurants is the night and we had drinks and dessert. So good! Love the ambiance. The low lighting, the music, the area. Will definitely come again and again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, not so great serviceHenrysmom1Dined on 8/1/2014We have been here many times and the food is always terrific. Delicious pasta and great fresh ingredients. The setting is pretty and cozy. Usually the service is good too, but we have had the same waiter twice now and he was innatentive, brusque, and unprofessional. It really does affect the overall experience. Too bad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CuocoCarNoVoreDined on 7/26/2014Don't go there late in evening We had a 9:00 reservation We ate some appetizers and Main course Dessert menu given No order taken Chefs left Not niceSpecial Features:
- Thank you Cuoco (and Tom Douglas)norakozDined on 7/25/2014I have been seriously gluten intolerant for more than 30 years and, although in recent years there is more awareness, it is still hard to find a restaurant that is confident and competent enough to accommodate me. Before calling Cuoco, I was basically dismissed by two other restaurants who were not willing to try accommodate my degree of sensitivity. In contrast, Cuoco's staff was sure they could do it--and they did very well: the food was delicious and safe. I ordered dishes that were naturally gluten free, of which there was a generous selection. My beet, arugula and pistachio salad and the grilled pork tenderloin, chickpea puree, baby artichokes entree were great. We enjoyed it so much the first time, we brought friends back with us.Special Features:
- SatisfyingtravelgirlDined on 7/18/2014Cuoco delivered a perfect dining experience. The ambiance is warm and inviting. The menu supports both the happy hour diner and offers lovely choices for dinner. The service was attentive. I had the bibb salad with hazelnuts which was executed perfectly. The Cappelletti was unbelievably flavorful. I will happily return to Cuoco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great time herepatmrhoadsDined on 7/17/2014Wife and I sat in the bar and had some good food, good drinks, and even better service. Definitely a new favorite place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AFoodieDined on 7/4/2014Just the right amount of attention. Had to wait 20 min for our table on a very busy night for the restaurant. Our drinks were comped; a delightful surprise. Waiter was confused between two similar items, so the wrong one was delivered. That one was excellent, so, really no complaint. We did not even point it out. Will definitely come again with guests. Perfect favors all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayhappyhourDined on 7/4/2014I didn't think this restaurant was up to Tom Douglas' standards, but maybe since he has opened so many, his standards have fallen. There are many better Italian places in Seattle and they are less expensive. My 24 dollar ravioli didn't hold a candle to anything at Spinasse, nor Cafe Lago. My partner had the linguine with mussels - it was good but not great and in my opinion overpriced. It only had about 8 mussels. The service was especially lacking, we waited for 15 minutes to get our drink order taken and it wasn't very attentive throughout the meal. I was glad we ordered a carafe of wine because we probably wouldn't have been offered a second glass during the meal. The staff seemed really harried, - perhaps they were understaffed?
- Don't go there hungrySuzieDined on 7/4/2014We were a group of 6 and really enjoyed the quality and flavor differentiation. But the serving sizes were small. Don't go expecting family-sized proportions. This is nouveau cuisine, Italian style.Special Features:
- Another great spot by Tom DouglasCindy8000VIPDined on 6/27/2014We very much enjoyed our meal at Cuoco. The food and service were great, and the wine prices were quite reasonable. Tom Douglas seems to have no bad restaurants. Add this to your Seattle list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cuoco is greatbobwseattleVIPDined on 6/26/2014This was my fourth visit, second visit for lunch. As with prior visits the food was wonderful and the service swift and courteous. If I would change anything I would find a way to tone down the crowd noise. Once the place is full, which it usually is, it can be very hard to hear your conversations with your friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice night out!1234Dined on 6/20/2014The restaurant was busy into the evening. People of all ages and groups of all sizes. Everything on the appetizer menu looked delicious-the meatballs and the mushroom balls were wonderful. Portions were good, the staff was friendly and the space is lovely.Special Features:
- Linda's Favorite RestaurantpastaloverDined on 6/20/2014I live in Gig Harbor, but whenever we have a chance to go to Seattle, Cucuo's is where I want to eat dinner. I love the pasta. It is OUTSTANDING!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, beautiful building!!NancyTDined on 6/18/2014What can I say, Tom D. has done it again! Even thought the place was packed (inside and outside) both the service and food were outstanding. The meatballs were as good as my Grandmother's!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soooo DeliciousCLW332Dined on 6/18/2014Everything we are was delicious, do not miss the meatballs. Service was perfect, host was very accommodating when we were running late due to a cancelled train.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday SupperBeazDined on 6/15/2014While the food was very good in quality and taste the Sunday Supper is not a "special" as you can order most items a'la carte off the regular menu. This isn't a criticism just a word to the wise. The service was efficient and friendly with very good attention to detail without being overbearing. The lasagna was excellent with a vibrant tomato sauce and wonderful flavors in every bite. If you like beets order the beet salad, very tasty. I will definitely go back and would recommend this restaurant to anyone without hesitation. A very nice Father's Day dinner with my daughter.
- Good, but not Tom Douglas caliberemeraldcityguyDined on 6/15/2014There was nothing wrong with Cuoco, but it is not on par with the amazing food that I expect from Tom Douglas. Next time, I will go to Dahlia Lounge.
- Cascade of flavorsBdayDinersDined on 6/14/2014All (4) in our group went silent once the meals were served, then the moans started. All of us commented on the great abundance and combination of flavors. I had the halibut, another had the flank steak, then roasted chicken and then the cappelletti. We sampled each others food and all of us loved all the other dishes. It was very good. It's been a long time since I've heard so many compliments on the food by a group of (4). Service was just ok. Our waitress seemed busy with a large table. I had to flag her down to order some bread to start with. Other than that, this is a great place, nice looking, comfortable and clean. We won't let a busy waitress keep us away...We will go there again.Special Features:
- Needs Some Re-tuninggolfkatVIPDined on 6/13/2014When Cuoco first opened, it had some good dishes and some flair. It already has a tired appearance and a very boring menu. The current chef seems a little afraid to venture out, or to even relive the recipes of the past. PLease fix it, as we love TD's restaurants. The best dish was the octopus appetizer. We did get a comped asparagus dish but it was overcooked.Special Features:
- So delishKW33VIPDined on 6/13/2014i love this place. However, on occasion, i have found the service to be less than on par. Food is amazing though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Tom Douglas Hot SpotdietcokeskVIPDined on 6/11/2014Love Tom Douglas... fried olives were great; I had the beat salad, which had a great seasoning. The donuts with raspberry and chia seeds were so good!!!Special Features:
- Enjoyablecjp1Dined on 6/6/2014The food was delicious, new imaginative choices. The service was attentive, but not too much. Enjoyed meeting the personable ChefSpecial Features:
- Lacluster ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/31/2014Let me preface this by saying that Cuoco is my favorite Italian restaurant, and one of my favorite restaurants in Seattle. We had reservations at 5:30. We ordered within 30 minutes of arrival, but did not get our dinners until 7:10. I ordered a starter that came with the entree... to be transparent the server did take the starter off the bill, but the overall experience was very slow. Nobody in my party was able to finish their meals as we had tickets to the Symphony at 8:00. Other complaints from my guests, the menu items and descriptions were not descriptive enough to let the customer know fully what they are ordering. Portion sizes seemed very small.Special Features:
- lovechloeVIPDined on 5/21/2014everything on the menu was fantastic. this was our first time eating at Cuoco. it was a spur of the moment anniversary dinner. we were the last people in the restaurant and never felt rushed. each course was fulfilling. we'll be back!Special Features:
- ServiceeatinunderanhourDined on 5/16/2014Although some patrons probably want a leisurely dinner, we felt the service was fairly slow. It's the second time in a row we've experienced the same issue. The food was good but the menu is nearly indecipherable We had to ask a multitude of questions before ordering.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingErikDined on 5/11/2014After our first time eating in the restaurant a year or two ago, we were all excited about the fresh pasta and tiramisu. It was my wife's choice to go back there for Mother's Day - what a disappointment that was! The pasta was undercooked, the salad was just lettuce with a basic vinaigrette, the lasagna had no sauce in between the layers and the tiramisu was taken of the menu. And then came the bill - another shock. It’s very overpriced too.Special Features:
- Great food, not great bang for buckOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The food, ambiance, and service were all very good, but the price tags are lofty for the small entree portions you actually end up receiving.Special Features:
- One of my favorite restaurantsMsrdhDined on 5/10/2014Cuoco is one of my very favorite restaurants that is consistently great. I also want to say how wonderful the waitstaff is. She truly ales the experience even that much better! Another great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second ChanceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/9/2014The food was wonderful, a great variety on the menu, and our waiter was fantastic. We dined on a gift card the manager gave us a few months ago because our first dining experience with Cuoco was very disappointing. I am happy to say we will be back and will highly recommend (actually I have already told 2 friends about our wonderful experience) Cuoco to friends, family & co-workers.Special Features:
- Favorite Tom Douglas RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/5/2014I've been to a few other places such as Dahlia Lounge, Palace Kitchen, Etta's, Serious Pie, TanakaSan, etc. and although everywhere has amazing food and a fantastic experience, Cuoco is my boyfriend and I'd favorite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 656 reviews are from the Cuoco reviews archive.
- Delicious and delightful evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014We were a party of four, shared appetizers and sampled each other's entrees and desserts -- superb all round. We had two different wines as well as drinks recommended with desserts and were given helpful advice by our server and the wine steward. The evening could not have been better. We were assisted in our choices and well cared for throughout the evening. Top Notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tom Douglas does it again!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/24/2014Regardless of the type of food being created by Tom and his team, he nails it every time! He continues to impress with his creative dish inventions. His pasta Bolognese was perfectly cooked and prepared and the cod, delicious. Grilled asparagus appetizer and beet salads were perfectly prepared. For dessert we shared the panne cotta and it was wonderfully creamy along with his always over the top, coconut cream pie. Oh, the service as always, is professional, friendly and knowledgeable!Special Features:
- Love the meatballs!janeymat7VIPDined on 4/24/2014The meatball appetizer is really delicious! Yum with some bread....salad and a glass of wine! ....a good start to an evening.Special Features:
- mediocreburdavisDined on 4/24/2014I ordered bucatini w lamb. The sauce had no character and the dish arrived lukewarm. After 15 minutes of conversation with my lunch partner, the fat was congealing. I should have sent the dish back and ordered another menu item entirely--my sense from the general service level is that our waiter would have done this graciously--but given the social context of my lunch (irrelevant here) I chose not to.