Culpepper Steak House
309 East I-30
Rockwall, TX 75087Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Culpepper Steak House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.culpeppersteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 9727711001
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Sunday Brunch: 10:30AM - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Chad Bowden
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Culpepper Steak House offers full service catering in the Dallas area for lunch & dinner.
- Private Party Facilities: Culpepper Steak House offers the Wine Cellar for up to 12 guests, a private dining room for up to 50 guests & a private patio for 100 to 125 guests. The front deck can accomidate up to 200 guests with a stage for live entertainment.
- Private Party Contact: Managers 9727711001
- Entertainment: We have live entertainment in our lounge on Friday and Saturday Evening. Outdoor concerts in the Spring on Saturday Evenings.
A word from Culpepper Steak House
Only 20 minutes from downtown Dallas, Culpepper Steakhouse has been a DFW favorite for 31 years. Fantastic food combined with superb service & real Texas ambiance will make your dining experience one to remember.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Culpepper Steak House - Best Restaurants in Rockwall ›
Culpepper Steak House reviews from OpenTable diners
39 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (27)romantic (22)neighborhood gem (15)good for groups (10)fit for foodies (10)notable wine list (9)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (4)scenic view (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Not my 1st choicejslawDined on 8/24/2014Overall, I'd say our food (except the dessert) was very good. My boyfriend loved his dish - Quail with a side of brussel sprouts. The waiter recommended that I order my steak Medium. I told him that I want it pink throughout, not red. My steak arrived medium rare. I made the mistake of sending back my entire plate instead of sending it back on my bread plate. When I got it back, I no longer had any asparagus or the avocado my boyfriend gave me off his plate. I only had a side of mashed potatoes. I didn't complain about that since I had already sent my steak back. The dessert - chocolate chip ice cream cookie sandwich - left much to be desired. It tasted like store bought cookies (i.e. chewy Chips Ahoy) with ice cream. DisappointingSpecial Features:
- Great night!RLHorstDined on 8/23/2014Such a great night! Spent a relaxing evening with awesome friends. The food was perfect - amount/temperature/taste! The service was friendly and efficient. We couldn't have asked for a better night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticExceptionalDined on 8/22/2014This was by far the best steak I've ever had. I ordered the filet cooked black and blue and it was perfect. The mashed potatoes were delicious and seasoned perfectly. We went to ocean prime in Dallas last week and Culpeppers blew their food out of the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/21/2014We are new to the Rockwall area and tried Culpeppers, we will definitely be back, each dish that we ate was great.Special Features:
- Wonderful food great serviceBrunchDined on 8/21/2014We enjoyed our evening. Great food choices. Service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was great, service was badnoooooopeDined on 8/19/2014Hostess was brand new, and didn't know how to welcome us. She ended up being a little confused and needing some help since we had reservations. I can't really fault her for being new, but she probably needed someone guiding her a little more closely. The waiter was nice enough, but we were doing the restaurant week menu (appetizers, entrées, dessert). There was a 30+ minute gap between us finishing our entrées and the waiter coming back to serve dessert. Generally the waiter seemed distracted and busy, which is hard to believe considering that there were like 6 people in the entire restaurant and at least 3 waiters. The ambiance was fine, but we were expecting this restaurant to be on the water. It was not, nor lake view seating.
- Perfect, except...RandyDined on 8/16/2014The service was unobtrusive and attentive. We were seated as we requested, the valet service was great, and the ambience was very good. We ordered from the prix fixe menu, which had very good choices and was well prepared, with one exception. We each ordered filet mignon. Our only complaint was that the filet was not properly cooked. Each steak had one half medium/medium well and the other half medium rare, as though the grill had a burner out. The excellent sauce on top of the steak prevented us from seeing the problem until partway through the meal. My wife, who can't tolerate undercooked food, was unable to finish her steak as a result. It was our anniversary, and I was hoping for perfect. Usually it is. This night, it almost was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Stop whenever in DallasPickDined on 8/15/2014Always enjoy stopping at Culpeppers whenever I am in Dallas. Took a couple firends this time. They enjoyed the atmoshere and the excellent food.Special Features:
- Great placepsilDined on 8/13/2014Great place. One of my top picks for restaurant week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceRaysReviewDined on 8/10/2014We recieved excellent care from Kelly! The food was delicious and we are anxious for a little cooler weather for some time on their patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no one puts baby in the cornermsn59Dined on 8/9/2014We had an on line reservation which went good,all dressed up, got there early, asked the receptionist for a nice table since this was our first time there and had another couple with us. we were put in a corner looking at the wall and there was one window and my husband and I on the other side the sun was beaming thru the window hitting my poor husband in the eye! We told the girl this wont work she acted like it was an imposition.my husband said never mind, any way he suffered thru the blinding sun, and his steak was almost raw. the manager acted liked he didnt care and even laughed!!! So please if you go there dont have them put you in the corner and no window.
- Food always greatTomSDined on 8/3/2014Culpeppers never fails to make a great dining experience. Had the caveman steak and as always, it was fantastic.Special Features:
- Our Dining ExperiencePreacher1Dined on 8/1/2014We were looking for an upscale restaurant with great food and outstanding service. We definitely found it. We made a reservation and we were seated promptly. The servers were professional and courteous. They go the extra mile to insure your dining experience is of the utmost pleasure and comfort. Everything from the complimentary valet service to the best steak we have ever had was excellent. We will definitely be back and give this restaurant our highest recommendation. Thank you Culpeppers for an experience we will never forget.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RomanticStaceyDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I went here for our 5 year wedding anniversary, the place was beautiful and quiet, the waitress was very pleasant with and helpful in explaining of the menu, the drink selection was notable, and the food was delightful! I had the filet mignon and my husband had the ribeye, BOTH DELICIOUS!!! I would definitely go again, however a bit pricey for me so only for special occasions!Special Features:
- A Nice Dinner PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014I went there on a Friday evening and had a reservation. My special request was that I not be near the kitchen and not placed near any small children. We were seated at a nice table for two and five minutes later a party of six was seated near us with an infant that was already fussy. We asked to be moved and our server was great. He moved us to a far space and provided excellent service. I had a small filet with garlic mashed potatoes and it was excellent. My husband had ribs with waffle fries and coleslaw. He commented that the ribs were not very tender. They had good flavor and were smoked but were chewy and he does not recommend them. He prefers ribs that fall off the bone.Special Features:
- Always a great experiencepleasednrockwallDined on 6/28/2014This is the 3rd time we have dined at Culpepper's. It has a great authentic ambiance and the food is superb. The variety is not overwhelming but will meet all of your expectations. The steaks and seafood are wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not happy.MarkGDined on 6/27/2014I took my son & daughter there for my son's 23rd birthday. They set a family with 3 kids next to us and 3 other tables with adults. One kid was very loud as well as the dad. One kid was was watching cartoons on her I pad with the volume very loud. Not good. My T-bone was small, thin with no taste. My daughters filet was very raw and had to be sent back 2 times, then it had a real bad taste. For the price i paid, i expected good food. It was terrible. My kids ages 18 & 23 had it on facebook before we even left the restaurant. They made us feel like it was our fault. We do not do that, and this is the only negative thing I have ever said about a restaurant.
- Great for a special occasion!Luv2eatDined on 6/24/2014Hands down, Culpeppers is definitely in the same running as Ruth's Chris steakhouse. My wife and I love comparing steakhouses! The steak at Culpeppers was divine! My wife loved the chicken breast and the sides. The bread was ok. Sourdough bread is not my thing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique and DeliciousExtensivetravelerDined on 6/14/2014One of the best Steakhouses I've experienced. I travel all over the Midwest for business and it fakes a lot for a restaurant to make mark on my taste buds. The decor was awesome and very unique. Nice soft lighting. The aroma when you walked down the beautiful stone walkway set the stage. The steaks were cooked perfect, the flavor was so good I found myself thinking about which cut I would try next time, even before I finished my first meal. It's worth a drive if you don't live in Rockwall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedkalong23Dined on 6/14/2014Our reservation was for 6 and thank goodness there were only 5 in the party. The table could only comfortably 4, and when we asked if we could move to another table, the seating staff said no. We were crammed into space tighter than sardines in a can. After ordering appetizers, the main entree took over an hour to be delivered to the table. My husband ordered his filet rare, only to be delivered well done. The restaurant was not overly busy, therefore causing concern for the lack of service. For a bill of over $300, the expectation of service did not meet the cost. Very, very, very disappointed.
- We thought it was great.ItalianbunchDined on 6/8/2014Our first time for brunch. Been many times for special occasions and dinner. Thought the prices were good and the food was good too. We will be coming back again soon and will tell our friends and families of our experiences. Throughly recommend the restaurant. The waiter was excellent also. The restaurant is beautiful.Special Features:
- Still the bestRogerKDined on 6/7/2014This is our favorite spot for steaks & lobster. The menu has many great choices, with a few nightly specials too. This restaurant keeps from having to drive to Uptown for a night out. Very nice bar and lounge area too. Consistently very good food and service.Special Features:
- Just Okayelfeo2therescueDined on 6/7/2014A very busy place. Not for a quiet romantic dinner. Food was expensive but tasted good. Presentation was excellent. Service staff was very good. Drinks were very expensive and small. A glass of third rate white wine was $11.00. I would be happy to return if someone else were paying the bill.Special Features:
- The following 242 reviews are from the Culpepper Steak House reviews archive.
- Good atmosphereDinnerdineDined on 5/17/2014This place is a great place to dine in and relax. It is hard to find a restaurant with great food and service and this one seems to satisfy both.love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and FoodfeedmeDined on 5/11/2014Couldn't be happier with our experience! The food was teriffic, and the ambiance was great. Didn't know about this little gem until looking for a place to meet half way between our homes, with my folks, on Mother's Day. Needless to say we will be going back frequently!Special Features:
- CulpeppersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We had a great dinner with excellent food. We had Ribeye steaks and they were perfectly cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hostess needs a job they likeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/10/2014I specifically asked for a booth, and they said they could not guarantee one since I made an online reservation.
- CarnivorousWyldeEarpDined on 5/10/2014The dry aged ribeye is outstanding. However the lime pietasted like a sugar cube..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch, but No Bread?TessDined on 4/20/2014Went for the special Easter brunch. The food and service was very good, just 2 questions, ordered the Truffle Deviled Eggs,and recieved one egg, split in half. The egg was delicious, but only one? The only other problem was they did not offer any bread. I would have paid for bread extra from the "Special Menu", but to be told they were not offering any bread at all??? Come on, how cheap. Will not be going back for any Special Menu events, otherwise the restuarant is wonderful on a regular night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken Fried Lobster ????PhilCDined on 4/9/2014Can you imagine a Yankee eating Chicken Fried Lobster? Well I did and it was great. We had a wonderful birthday dinner evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant for celebration.clarkyDined on 4/8/2014I enjoyed my birthday celebration with family at Culpepper. The food and service was good. It is a nice atmosphere .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversarysteakhouseDined on 3/27/2014My husband and I visit Culpeppers for the first time, we really enjoyed it. The only thing i did not like, walking up to the entrance there were staff outside smoking and could smell it until i walked inside. For the restaurant to be of such quality $$, this did not look good. Yes we are non smokers, so this was important to us. Especially, celebrating such an occasion to us and then had to watch them continue through the window where we sat, anyways food was great and service as well. Thank you Suggestion, maybe move your smoking area far out in the parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was looking for a romanticReggieDined on 3/21/2014I was looking for a romantic restaurant for a rare date night with my husband. We made reservations a few days before our dining experience. Our table was next to the entrance to the kitchen which was very disappointing and in the middle of the aisle. Not romantic at all! The restaurant was not crowded so there were many nicer areas to be seated. The hostess and waiter were friendly but nothing over the top to really make you feel welcome. The food was tasty and warm when we received our meal. I cannot say for sure if we will ever dine here again.
- Another fantastic eveningRogerKDined on 3/8/2014From start to finish, everything was perfect. Great live music in the lounge, our server was very helpful and attentive. Chef Chad even came out to talk to us for a while. Don't forget to tip the kitchen, they are working hard to prepare wonderful meals, and it shows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Church groupEatoutalotDined on 3/2/2014Was a nice choice for a late breakfast/lunch Would really like a buffet style brunch but the selection On the menu was goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food great serviceamc4Dined on 3/1/2014I always enjoy the food at Culpepper's and the service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fair Service/Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014We loved our food. There was so much to choose from on the menu, it was a difficult choice. The service, however was only fair. My husband's drink came after our appetizer and with our entrees. He had to remind the waitress to bring it. The waitress completely forgot to put in the order for his side. She did eventually order it and did not charge us. We thought she had too many tables to be truly attentive and efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NoiseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/21/2014The place was a little to loud for the money paid out. Shut off the country music, or just turn it down to a reasonable level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Post Valentine DinnerBS01Dined on 2/15/2014We were seated on a small 2 top but asked for a larger table and they switched us quickly. Our waitress was very personable and made us feel comfortable. The prime rib was good but not great. I have had better. If it melts in your month tender it's fantastic. This one was a little stringy. My wife loved the surf n turf. The chicken fried lobster is delicious. Overall good experience and we will return.Special Features:
- Delicious Valentine's dinnerclarkyDined on 2/15/2014We enjoyed our visit to Culpepper steack house. We had good food, good service and nice atmosphere.Special Features: