Culina - Muttart Conservatory
9626 96A Street
Edmonton, AB T6C 4L8Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Culina - Muttart Conservatory
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://culinafamily.com/
- Phone: 7804661181x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30 am - 2:30 pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm;
Dinner: Thursday: 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Vegetarian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brad Lazarenko
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Culina - Muttart Conservatory
A friendly neighborhood cafe located right inside the Muttart Conservatory, serving some of the freshest food in town. Goodness from greenhouse to plate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Culina - Muttart Conservatory - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Culina - Muttart Conservatory reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (58)great for lunch (57)neighborhood gem (56)great for outdoor dining (35)fit for foodies (31)kid-friendly (19)special occasion (14)good for groups (12)scenic view (11)romantic (7)hot spot (6)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Reliable, good, affordableYourMamaShouldKnowDined on 10/19/2014We go there for the reasons above; also for the generous parking lot! It's close to home and fun to be in the Muttart building. On Sunday lots of little ones were in Halloween costumes in the area, adding to the fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Corn Bread was awsome!YukonBobDined on 10/19/2014We arrived there was loads of free parking. The table was ready when we walked in, we were seated quickly. The waitress seemed a little over whelmed, she took my wife’s order and was starting too headed to the kitchen when I said I would like a coffee also. Was it because I needed a coffee that it seemed to take so long, maybe? Food was good, service was better once the rush was over and the place seemed to clear out a little. Order the corn bread, was awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls BrunchHprunnerVIPDined on 10/19/2014Perfect spot for a nice brunch that met the more sophisticated palate for some while still being very reasonable in price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely spot for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/16/2014I wanted to take a friend out to lunch to celebrate a recent birthday and Culina Muttart proved to be an excellent choice. We both chose one of the specials of the day, a delicious salad made with greens grown in the Muttart greenhouse. It was served with delicious bread from the Boulangerie Bakery on 99th st. We didn't have dessert but enjoying lingering over a latte. The place was quite full on this weekday lunch hour and service was very goodSpecial Features:
- booking on the internetOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014I tried to book for 12 noon but each time I tried it came back as 11 am. So we agreed to meet at 11 but are puzzled why our noon request was not accepted.Special Features:
- Good spot for brunchLsimantsDined on 10/13/2014Everything was fresh and tasted great. I would return for brunch.I would recommend this to a friend.
- it's not Culina mill creek.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014It's a cafe style place, but not in the best way. We went for a birthday brunch because we had been to Culina, mill creek and we had a fantastic time. It was obvious the waitress was fawning over the table of 8 for the minimum 18% tip, and everyone else was left behind. The food was very good but a limited menu, left us a little underwhelmed. It took us quite a long time to get the bill, then 10 minutes to get the visa machine. Not what we were expecting. Sorry, but I don't think we'll be back for a long time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and affordableMotherof2Dined on 10/12/2014Delicious food and very friendly staff. Very accomadating to requests as well. Definatley will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2014Culina Muttart is a favouite lunch spot for our group of friends. The restaurant always offers a special that is worth trying. On the current menu we love the grilled chicken and avocado salad and the perogy dish. The service is friendly and very welcoming to returning patrons.Special Features:
- Susan18Dined on 9/28/2014Great food and great service. Could use a little face lift on the decor and maybe better lighting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Culina MuttartgeoffDined on 9/25/2014An incredible meal, at reasonable price. Nothing else needs saying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placeCalgaryGuyDined on 9/21/2014We celebrated a birthday at Culina. Very much enjoyed the food and location. Friendly staff, flavorful food, just great.Special Features:
- A little disappointing.KinseyDined on 9/21/2014My husband and I were excited to try Culina Muttart. We were a little disappointed when we first arrived at how it just felt like a cafeteria...It was not cozy or very inviting, especially if you weren't seated next to the windows. Considering it is part of the Muttart, we were also thinking the restaurant would celebrate a part of that - foliage, etc. Certain items were not available although they were listed on the online and in-restaurant menu...Disappointing on a limited menu to begin with.Special Features:
- Nice brunch spotChanceSkeletonDined on 9/14/2014Made a reservation at Culina on a whim when searching for brunch places in the city. Tucked away in the river valley at the entrance of the Muttart Conservatory, it's a nice dining experience with very nice scenery just out the doors. Staff and food were great. Will definitely put Culina on my list of revisits when I need something different from the usual franchised fare.Special Features:
- Culina bistroMichelleDined on 9/7/2014The food was very good. Eggs Bennie cooked to perfection. Excellent for brunch. The latter was excellent!Special Features:
- DisappointingmacmacVIPDined on 8/31/2014Very disappointing. Service was very slow, food was served cold. Not at all what we expected. The Avenue magazine gave this restaurant rave reviews, so we thought that we would try this place for Brunch. Never again.
- What's happened to Culina?DB49Dined on 8/29/2014I ordered the grilled chicken breast on salad. What I received was a pale, shiny, gelatinous piece of chicken that tasted like microwaved meat. Really awful. My friend ordered green onion cakes that were chewy and she also thought they tasted microwaved. After one bite of chicken I ate only the salad around it. The server explained that the kitchen is no longer permitted to grill, so they use the oven instead. He offered to bring me something else so I ordered the plain ham and edam cheese baguette without salad. The bread was not fresh. It was chewy as if it had been stored in plastic and not crisped. The server was very professional about it all and kindly removed some items from the bill. Not his fault, but we will not return.
- Wonderful treatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Love the fresh ingredients and the imaginative menu. Definitely a go to place for lunch.Special Features:
- Girls night outHolsDined on 8/28/2014The appetizer we had were the bacon wrapped scollops they were amazing. I our entrees were ok Lamb burger, green onion cake and the entree special pork. We had the special for dessert lemon raspberry pie , yummy and the sticky toffee pudding ok. The wine was ½ price. The coffee and ice tea was good. The service needs some work, she was polite but I don't like to have to chase or yell at someone to get service (we were on the patio).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining PleasureGlobaldinerDined on 8/24/2014This is a great restaurant that uses local products in all of it's recipes - choices are very interesting. Our waitress was wonderful - smiling all the time and gave you the feeling of being special. Lovely location for Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- Deliciousedible1delightsDined on 8/24/2014Amazing service and the salmon/arctic char open face sandwich on Sunday was beyond delicious and amazing. Combine that with the Thai beef soup...best meal I have had in a really, really long time, since I was last at Culina's!Special Features:
- Has PotentialOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014Muttart was named 'Best Brunch' in Avenue Magazine's 2014 Best Restaurant List. It came up short in my opinion- but I do think it the potential to be amazing. Looking forward to coming back in a year or two.
- mjfarrellDined on 8/20/2014Have been here several times and have enjoyed the food every time. Good service and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location!AnnrunsDined on 8/15/2014I love both Culina restaurants; the Muttart location is great for lunch and the patio is gorgeous. My only complaint is that both times I have been in the last month or so, the waitress has been very grumpy and does not provide good service. Both times she made our party feel like we were an inconvenience to her. The experience would have been much improved if there was friendlier wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good size portions/meaty selectionsCloverdaleDivaDined on 8/7/2014An excellent Lamb stew was in the offing the day my party of 4 had lunch. Along with a lamb burger, all were impressed with the choices. Fabulous salads and sandwiches too.Special Features:
- lower your expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014I read the Avenue review and assumed that because this was a food establishment at the Muttart that our brunch experience would be wonderful. Not so. The server wasn't interested in talking about the menu with us and seemed uninterested in the food and the fact that we were new to the city. This was our first time visiting Culina-not that she cared to ask. Menus were dirty and water marks made the ink run-and difficult to read. The atmosphere was weird. Dark-for a conservatory-and we were sitting up against the windows. Music was kinda loud/rock-not what I was expecting for a Conservatory. There weren't any plants or marks highlighting where we were-a conservatory! And no invitation to the conservatory in receipt, menu, or from the server…
- Simple, delicious & quick servicebtb456qmDined on 7/28/2014Went for lunch with my wife and were offered the patio or indoors. We opted for indoor, however the patio looked pretty damn good (little too hot outside). Lunch was fantastic. It was not pretentious at all. The menu was clear & accessible. Wife loved her locally made perogies while I destroyed the daily feature with a side soup. Friendly service, affordable price point for a comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/28/2014Compared to Culina Mill Creek, I was very disappointed. I had the perogies for lunch.....disappointed. Needed more cheese and needed simple spices like salt and pepper in the filling. Sticky toffee pudding had nice flavours, but way to sweet.
- allychanDined on 7/27/2014I have not been to the Muttart location in while but am always happy to visit as it is located in such a wonderful location with lots to see. However for some reason this time when I came, I couldn't help but notice that the portions sizes seemed a little off from the prices. My Caprese Salad while very nicely arranged barely covered the bottom of the plate with a few greens and the tomatoes and bocconcini and heavily dressed at a cost of $12. My companion got the daily special of the quiche described to us as the size of a "deck of playing cards" but ended up looking like a pop tart with mixed greens at a cost of $14. We also split the french toast which was ok, which just made me really miss the banana bread french toast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunchdeckard2019Dined on 7/26/2014The eggs benedict and the breakfast blt were delicious. Service was great and you have the best way to walk off a big brunch by visiting the muttart conservatory afterward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my nightgeoffDined on 7/24/2014As always.Great dinner, an a fabulous white, which I generally don't enjoy as much a redSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2014When we arrived the patio was full much to our disappointment. However, our server remembered our preference, and as soon as an outside table became available she asked if we would like to move outside. Great service; great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014We had a very pleasant lunch but were disappointed the patio was full prior to noon. Guess that speaks to its popularity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- memoriesDined on 7/17/2014We were there for lunch. We thoroughly enjoyed the food; the service was great; the ambiance not suited for special occasions or such but very appropriate for a luncheon place.Special Features:
- Loved the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2014We had a leisurely lunch on the patio on a hot, hot day and it was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchLovelunchDined on 7/15/2014I had reserved lunch for 5 at Culina Muttart for Tuesday, July 15. When I arrived, the table was ready and one of my guests was already there. It turned out we were only four people, so the table was magically decreased in size. The food was good, although the chicken on the flatbread special was a little sparse. It was tasty and I would order it again if on the menu. We actually seemed to have two people serving us, which I thought was odd. Our main server was a woman, but a young man also came around to ask how our food was.Special Features:
- DisappointedfirsttimerDined on 7/14/2014I was disappointed because the salad I ordered came with chickpeas and a salad dressing, neither of which were included in the menu listing. As someone who is very specific in what she eats - I was very upset by this. If the ingredients are going into the food - they should be listed on the menu so that informed decisions can be made. "seasonal vegetables, greens, feta, cranberries, almonds & pepitas ....." - no where does it mention chickpeas, no where does it list a salad dressing, and the cranberries were dried (i.e. much higher in sugar than fresh, this should be revised as well. Also, the service was very slow. We were there over our lunch hour and didn't have the time for him to take as much time as he did.Special Features:
- TobyEdmontonTobyEdmontonDined on 7/11/2014Picked Culina because of its central location, good location, FABULOUS patio and EXCELLENT food. The day was glorious. The patio was lovely. The food - bacon/corn chowder and bocconcini salad - was very tasty, as always. Asparagus was obviously 'in season' as the menu this day featured lots of asparagus-related items. The coffee (locally roasted) was very fine. The greens (grown right at Muttart) were fresh, fresh, fresh and very tasty. the breads (from a bakery on 99 Street) were fresh and crusty. Yum! Culina Muttart is one of my favourite locations. It has never disappointed me and I recommend it to anyone who loves good, fresh, location food and doesn't mind a small menu.Special Features:
- Lily4thevalleyDined on 7/9/2014I got the impression no one had looked at our reservation as I asked for a window or patio seat. We were seated at an inner table, and she seemed surprised that I was expecting something else. Otherwise, good food and excellent service. We always enjoy sitting on the patio in summer or by the window in winter.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Very nice restaurant. My BLT and soup were perfect. Thanks for a great lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.