Culina - Muttart Conservatory
9626 96A Street
Edmonton, AB T6C 4L8Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Culina - Muttart Conservatory
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://culinafamily.com/
- Phone: 7804661181x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30 am - 2:30 pm;
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 am - 2:00 pm;
Dinner: Thursday: 5:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Vegetarian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Brad Lazarenko
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Farm to Table, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Culina - Muttart Conservatory
A friendly neighborhood cafe located right inside the Muttart Conservatory, serving some of the freshest food in town. Goodness from greenhouse to plate.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Culina - Muttart Conservatory - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Culina - Muttart Conservatory reviews from OpenTable diners
95 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (62)great for brunch (56)neighborhood gem (51)great for outdoor dining (42)fit for foodies (35)kid-friendly (18)special occasion (17)scenic view (16)romantic (8)good for groups (7)hot spot (7)late-night find (2)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Nice brunch spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Made a reservation at Culina on a whim when searching for brunch places in the city. Tucked away in the river valley at the entrance of the Muttart Conservatory, it's a nice dining experience with very nice scenery just out the doors. Staff and food were great. Will definitely put Culina on my list of revisits when I need something different from the usual franchised fare.Special Features:
- Culina bistroMichelleDined on 9/7/2014The food was very good. Eggs Bennie cooked to perfection. Excellent for brunch. The latter was excellent!Special Features:
- DisappointingmacmacDined on 8/31/2014Very disappointing. Service was very slow, food was served cold. Not at all what we expected. The Avenue magazine gave this restaurant rave reviews, so we thought that we would try this place for Brunch. Never again.
- What's happened to Culina?DB49Dined on 8/29/2014I ordered the grilled chicken breast on salad. What I received was a pale, shiny, gelatinous piece of chicken that tasted like microwaved meat. Really awful. My friend ordered green onion cakes that were chewy and she also thought they tasted microwaved. After one bite of chicken I ate only the salad around it. The server explained that the kitchen is no longer permitted to grill, so they use the oven instead. He offered to bring me something else so I ordered the plain ham and edam cheese baguette without salad. The bread was not fresh. It was chewy as if it had been stored in plastic and not crisped. The server was very professional about it all and kindly removed some items from the bill. Not his fault, but we will not return.
- Wonderful treatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Love the fresh ingredients and the imaginative menu. Definitely a go to place for lunch.Special Features:
- Girls night outHolsDined on 8/28/2014The appetizer we had were the bacon wrapped scollops they were amazing. I our entrees were ok Lamb burger, green onion cake and the entree special pork. We had the special for dessert lemon raspberry pie , yummy and the sticky toffee pudding ok. The wine was ½ price. The coffee and ice tea was good. The service needs some work, she was polite but I don't like to have to chase or yell at someone to get service (we were on the patio).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining PleasureGlobaldinerDined on 8/24/2014This is a great restaurant that uses local products in all of it's recipes - choices are very interesting. Our waitress was wonderful - smiling all the time and gave you the feeling of being special. Lovely location for Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- Deliciousedible1delightsDined on 8/24/2014Amazing service and the salmon/arctic char open face sandwich on Sunday was beyond delicious and amazing. Combine that with the Thai beef soup...best meal I have had in a really, really long time, since I was last at Culina's!Special Features:
- Has PotentialOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2014Muttart was named 'Best Brunch' in Avenue Magazine's 2014 Best Restaurant List. It came up short in my opinion- but I do think it the potential to be amazing. Looking forward to coming back in a year or two.
- mjfarrellDined on 8/20/2014Have been here several times and have enjoyed the food every time. Good service and reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location!AnnrunsDined on 8/15/2014I love both Culina restaurants; the Muttart location is great for lunch and the patio is gorgeous. My only complaint is that both times I have been in the last month or so, the waitress has been very grumpy and does not provide good service. Both times she made our party feel like we were an inconvenience to her. The experience would have been much improved if there was friendlier wait staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good size portions/meaty selectionsCloverdaleDivaDined on 8/7/2014An excellent Lamb stew was in the offing the day my party of 4 had lunch. Along with a lamb burger, all were impressed with the choices. Fabulous salads and sandwiches too.Special Features:
- lower your expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014I read the Avenue review and assumed that because this was a food establishment at the Muttart that our brunch experience would be wonderful. Not so. The server wasn't interested in talking about the menu with us and seemed uninterested in the food and the fact that we were new to the city. This was our first time visiting Culina-not that she cared to ask. Menus were dirty and water marks made the ink run-and difficult to read. The atmosphere was weird. Dark-for a conservatory-and we were sitting up against the windows. Music was kinda loud/rock-not what I was expecting for a Conservatory. There weren't any plants or marks highlighting where we were-a conservatory! And no invitation to the conservatory in receipt, menu, or from the server…
- Simple, delicious & quick servicebtb456qmDined on 7/28/2014Went for lunch with my wife and were offered the patio or indoors. We opted for indoor, however the patio looked pretty damn good (little too hot outside). Lunch was fantastic. It was not pretentious at all. The menu was clear & accessible. Wife loved her locally made perogies while I destroyed the daily feature with a side soup. Friendly service, affordable price point for a comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/28/2014Compared to Culina Mill Creek, I was very disappointed. I had the perogies for lunch.....disappointed. Needed more cheese and needed simple spices like salt and pepper in the filling. Sticky toffee pudding had nice flavours, but way to sweet.
- allychanDined on 7/27/2014I have not been to the Muttart location in while but am always happy to visit as it is located in such a wonderful location with lots to see. However for some reason this time when I came, I couldn't help but notice that the portions sizes seemed a little off from the prices. My Caprese Salad while very nicely arranged barely covered the bottom of the plate with a few greens and the tomatoes and bocconcini and heavily dressed at a cost of $12. My companion got the daily special of the quiche described to us as the size of a "deck of playing cards" but ended up looking like a pop tart with mixed greens at a cost of $14. We also split the french toast which was ok, which just made me really miss the banana bread french toast!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunchdeckard2019Dined on 7/26/2014The eggs benedict and the breakfast blt were delicious. Service was great and you have the best way to walk off a big brunch by visiting the muttart conservatory afterward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- my nightgeoffDined on 7/24/2014As always.Great dinner, an a fabulous white, which I generally don't enjoy as much a redSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/2014When we arrived the patio was full much to our disappointment. However, our server remembered our preference, and as soon as an outside table became available she asked if we would like to move outside. Great service; great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/23/2014We had a very pleasant lunch but were disappointed the patio was full prior to noon. Guess that speaks to its popularity.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- memoriesDined on 7/17/2014We were there for lunch. We thoroughly enjoyed the food; the service was great; the ambiance not suited for special occasions or such but very appropriate for a luncheon place.Special Features:
- Loved the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/15/2014We had a leisurely lunch on the patio on a hot, hot day and it was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchLovelunchDined on 7/15/2014I had reserved lunch for 5 at Culina Muttart for Tuesday, July 15. When I arrived, the table was ready and one of my guests was already there. It turned out we were only four people, so the table was magically decreased in size. The food was good, although the chicken on the flatbread special was a little sparse. It was tasty and I would order it again if on the menu. We actually seemed to have two people serving us, which I thought was odd. Our main server was a woman, but a young man also came around to ask how our food was.Special Features:
- DisappointedfirsttimerDined on 7/14/2014I was disappointed because the salad I ordered came with chickpeas and a salad dressing, neither of which were included in the menu listing. As someone who is very specific in what she eats - I was very upset by this. If the ingredients are going into the food - they should be listed on the menu so that informed decisions can be made. "seasonal vegetables, greens, feta, cranberries, almonds & pepitas ....." - no where does it mention chickpeas, no where does it list a salad dressing, and the cranberries were dried (i.e. much higher in sugar than fresh, this should be revised as well. Also, the service was very slow. We were there over our lunch hour and didn't have the time for him to take as much time as he did.Special Features:
- TobyEdmontonTobyEdmontonDined on 7/11/2014Picked Culina because of its central location, good location, FABULOUS patio and EXCELLENT food. The day was glorious. The patio was lovely. The food - bacon/corn chowder and bocconcini salad - was very tasty, as always. Asparagus was obviously 'in season' as the menu this day featured lots of asparagus-related items. The coffee (locally roasted) was very fine. The greens (grown right at Muttart) were fresh, fresh, fresh and very tasty. the breads (from a bakery on 99 Street) were fresh and crusty. Yum! Culina Muttart is one of my favourite locations. It has never disappointed me and I recommend it to anyone who loves good, fresh, location food and doesn't mind a small menu.Special Features:
- Lily4thevalleyDined on 7/9/2014I got the impression no one had looked at our reservation as I asked for a window or patio seat. We were seated at an inner table, and she seemed surprised that I was expecting something else. Otherwise, good food and excellent service. We always enjoy sitting on the patio in summer or by the window in winter.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/5/2014Very nice restaurant. My BLT and soup were perfect. Thanks for a great lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but not greatbeerfoodDined on 7/3/2014I had the lamb burger, it was tasty but dry. Not really much of interest on the beer list. My wife had the grilled chicken breast and enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- July 3 2014geoffDined on 7/3/2014Food excellent, as always.....................................................................................Special Features:
- Not as good as the Millcreek CulinaOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/1/2014Limited menu compared to the other Cullina restaurant but the food was generally good but not awesome. Casual atmosphere; service was so-so. The servers weren't particularly attentive - we got the wrong menus, it took a long time to get our orders in, the server didn't really smile, the server forgot to take someone's order(in a party of 6), I had to physically get up and search for my server to get the bill.Special Features:
- Beautiful patio!GlutenSansDined on 6/26/2014Plenty of gluten-free options and delicious sangria. Always have a good experience here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patio!luvyegyumDined on 6/20/2014Food was good, but the patio was the highlight. My friend and I came for lunch just after the Friday lunch rush. The side salad that came with my friend's veggie sandwich looked amazing. The drinks were good value, and they were tasty! I really enjoyed the Alberta Mojito, as well as the Cucumber Ginger Fizz. Just a great place to spend a summer afternoon.Special Features:
- TobyEdmontonTobyEdmontonDined on 6/20/2014Culina Muttart is a lovely place to meet downtown work colleagues, or neighbourhood friends, for lunch: it's accessible, away from the noise and traffic and has FREE PARKING - a real bonus. More importantly, the food is excellent. The menu, which was constant (but delicious) for a long time has changed since my last visit. I loved the new dishes - the lamb burger, the house salad (made from veggies grown in the Muttart greenhouses), the soups, etc. etc. The day of my visit it was drizzly and cool - which was a disappointment as Culina Muttart has a wonderful outdoor patio. Service was efficient, prices were reasonable. I'll be back soon with hopes of sitting on the patio on a glorious Edmonton summer day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at Culina MuttartMarcDined on 6/19/2014Went here for supper on Thursday. Got seating right away and had excellent service. Very quite and nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great thursday night outMarkDined on 6/19/2014We tried Culina Muttart's Thursday evening dinner and really enjoyed it. Though it's mostly just the lunch menu with a few tweaks, the items featured are tasty and work well. The server also went out of her way to accommodate us and our baby which was really appreciated. Try the bread pudding for dessert!Special Features:
- Fun eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/12/2014Excellent food and beautiful patio made for a pleasant evening.Special Features:
- Great lunch optionLanlilDined on 6/3/2014If you want to escape from the usual lunch hour options downtown, hop in your car for a quick drive to Culinary at the Muttart Conservatory. Parking is easy, and you can have a delicious lunch in the river valley. We dined outdoors on a warm sunny day, felt like a mini vacation in the middle of the work week and work day. Service was quick, I was back at the office within 1.5 hours and lunch was leisurely, not rushed. we each had grilled chicken on a bed of greens. Delicious, flavorful and great value. And the special bonus is the lovely location.Special Features:
- Enjoy the patio while you canMarkDined on 6/2/2014The Culina patio opened again for the summer season, and it's one of my favourite places to meet for lunch with the kids. The combination of local ingredients, changing menu, and good service make this one of my favourites. It can get busy during lunch and weekend brunch, so get a reservation for those times. They sometimes are understaffed during these times to, which is the only criticism I've got.Special Features:
- Food disappointingLoMaDined on 6/1/2014Inside feels much like a cafeteria rather than a restaurant. Outdoor patio is quite lovely though, with large tropical plants and a water stream. I ordered the breakfast buritto and had to send it back. It had no flavour - tasted like cardboard. Extremely disappointing. Ordered a cup of soup instead - just to have something to eat. Much prefer the culina on 99th St but haven't been there in a while. Hopefuly they are still serving food with flavour.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2014Will be back, because we love the location. Have always enjoyed Culina off 99 St, so thought we would give this a try. Missing a little in attentiveness. Food was good but not what we have experienced on 99 St. Service mediorce. Thought the patio could be a little cozier -maybe cushions or blankets for those cold medal chairs. A little disappointed for our first visit, but will give it another try.Special Features: